Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Help, Benz C240. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, Benz C240. (3130 Views)

Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle / Pros And Cons Of Mercedes C230 And C240 / 2006 BMW 325i Vs 2005 Mercedes Benz C240. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, Benz C240. by 001ng: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
Please I got delivery of c240, before delivery, battery couldn't start it, the have to use another battery to start it. It was driven from Lagos to East on 27th December, I changed the oil and travelled with it on 29th December. When I came back, the handlamp was on and the radio too. After about 15minutes, I off them and the car couldn't start again, I supported it with another battery and it started.
This morning, the car couldn't start, I bought new battery and try to start it, it couldn't start.

Car gurus and people with experience, what could be the issue?

Thanks.
Re: Help, Benz C240. by merxi55(f): 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2015
001ng:
Please I got delivery of c240, before delivery, battery couldn't start it, the have to use another battery to start it. It was driven from Lagos to East on 27th December, I changed the oil and travelled with it on 29th December. When I came back, the handlamp was on and the radio too. After about 15minutes, I off them and the car couldn't start again, I supported it with another battery and it started.
This morning, the car couldn't start, I bought new battery and try to start it, it couldn't start.

Thanks.
m i actually d FTC.? Wel...i wanna dedicate dis day 2God almighty...n 2my wonderful nairalander fans 4dis space....dancing shoki

1 Like

Re: Help, Benz C240. by Mutuwa(m): 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
001ng:

Thanks.

Have you checked the alternator?
Re: Help, Benz C240. by king406(m): 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
Re: Help, Benz C240. by king406(m): 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
Did u leave the key in the steering while changing the battery?
Re: Help, Benz C240. by nurey(m): 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
Your Query isn't complete, does the car crank and doesn't start or it only shows light on dash and doesn't crank at all, or it doesn't even respond that a battery is afixed.

If you answer this questions, then we will move forward.
Re: Help, Benz C240. by kingreign(m): 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
merxi55:
m i actually d FTC.? Wel...i wanna dedicate dis day 2God almighty...n 2my wonderful nairalander fans 4dis space....dancing shoki

This isn't romance zone or home page, folk here aren't cut out for that silly FTC dedication shyyte you children are all after.

@ OP, Mercedes W203 usually use battery of 100amps rating, if you can lay hands on a good Mercedes 100amp battery, you're good to go, if it still drains the battery, you have a power leak somewhere. Hope your key fob still sucks in and undo the steering lock?

1 Like

Re: Help, Benz C240. by 001ng: 11:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
king406:
Did u leave the key in the steering while changing the battery?
I can't remember leaving the key in the ignition.
Re: Help, Benz C240. by 001ng: 11:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
nurey:
Your Query isn't complete, does the car crank and doesn't start or it only shows light on dash and doesn't crank at all, or it doesn't even respond that a battery is afixed.

If you answer this questions, then we will move forward.
It doesn't crank, shows only light and some warnings on the dashboard. Warning like check engine and DTR.
Re: Help, Benz C240. by 001ng: 11:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
kingreign:

This isn't romance zone or home page, folk here aren't cut out for that silly FTC dedication shyyte you children are all after.

@ OP, Mercedes W203 usually use battery of 100amps rating, if you can lay hands on a good Mercedes 100amp battery, you're good to go, if it still drains the battery, you have a power leak somewhere. Hope your key fob still sucks in and undo the steering lock?

I bought a new battery this morning but still, it didn't start.
Re: Help, Benz C240. by mayor2013: 11:46pm On Dec 30, 2015
001ng:

Thanks.

One question did the car crank and did not start or it wasn't cranking at all
Re: Help, Benz C240. by 001ng: 11:49pm On Dec 30, 2015
mayor2013:

One question did the car crank and did not start or it wasn't cranking at all

It doesn't crank.
Re: Help, Benz C240. by princeogbeide1(m): 12:34am On Dec 31, 2015
The problem is form the relay box or it may also be form the gear handle sensor inside the car
Re: Help, Benz C240. by mayor2013: 1:50am On Dec 31, 2015
001ng:

It doesn't crank.

Did you run a scan? Your car is obd2 compliant
Re: Help, Benz C240. by honmusa(m): 3:08am On Dec 31, 2015
try to scan your car if your engine can start but not cranking ,the issue is probably ignition related .
Since you have just gotten the car ,save your car from being turned to a lab rat by road side mechanic by getting yourself a car scanner .
Try Obdlink sx scanner , best DIY scantool i have ever used ,very fast ,pull out both Generic and manufacturer codes and best with in depth and detailed analysis.With this you can tell the mechanic what to fix instead of vice versa
https://www.nairaland.com/2078663/bonanza-fastest-automobile-scanner-obdlink/
Call autologic @ 08061166316 to give u the latest price ,delivery is free to any part of nigeria .

Re: Help, Benz C240. by kingreign(m): 3:35am On Dec 31, 2015
001ng:

I bought a new battery this morning but still, it didn't start.

Baba, hope no be SAM problem, hope your Alternator and Kick dey work? Verify if they do pls.
Also, pray its non flooded vehicle sha.
Re: Help, Benz C240. by mayor2013: 7:00am On Dec 31, 2015
001ng:

It doesn't crank.

Check this areas.

Starter motor

Power source ( battery)

Short to ground

Security ranging from your key, immobiliser etc
Re: Help, Benz C240. by king406(m): 10:26am On Dec 31, 2015
Either u removed the terminals wrongly or u left the key in the ignition while changing the battery. If so, then your car needs to be reprogrammed.
Make sure your battery is 12 volts 100AH. My suggestion is u try another battery and if the car still doesn't start then u need to reprogram the car. If it starts then the first thing u should check is the alternator.
Re: Help, Benz C240. by nurey(m): 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
I have had to battle this same problem with totally different cars so my advice is either you get a good rewire or you yourself know a little bit about DIY in car wiring.

My first point of call would be the battery, I will fix it to a different car probably something stronger than your vehicle (a SUV or CUV) and see how it acts, this will remove my doubt on the ba3 if you can't be contended using a multimeter to read it.

My next point of call is to check the starter motor if it was a manual, it can easily be known by using push and start but since its automatic, just check to confirm it all connections is intact or whether it isn't burnt.

I don't know whether yours is a laser key cause of the issues with benz laser key technology.

Then scan the car and let's know the codes it throws, just be patient, it can be really tasking trouble shooting a car and what ever the mechanic decides, make sure it commensurate with the problem @ hand. He shouldn't say you need to change the steering before the car can start.
Re: Help, Benz C240. by merxi55(f): 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
kingreign:

when did u even enter here? what i post isnt ur fucking biz...mind ur biz okay!
Re: Help, Benz C240. by kingreign(m): 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
merxi55:
when did u even enter here? what i post isnt ur fucking biz...mind ur biz okay!

typical of an immatured child always using F words. Guess what, you're too staid to be noticed. Now, run along.

1 Like

Re: Help, Benz C240. by 001ng: 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
Update: I called an electrician and he checked the fuses and replaced some , I kicked and it started. It's a fuse problem.
Re: Help, Benz C240. by merxi55(f): 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
kingreign:

typical of an immatured child always using F words. Guess what, you're too staid to be noticed. Now, run along.
#attention seekers# no word for u though
Re: Help, Benz C240. by kingreign(m): 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
merxi55:
#attention seekers# no word for u though
Why did you try to PM me?

Re: Help, Benz C240. by Chukslar: 11:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
001ng:

Thanks.

Pls go through this FB page and get your solution, stop the guesswork and well meaning but speculative suggestions

https://web.facebook.com/J-316-Auto-Scanner-182541062090916/

and
https://www.nairaland.com/2864851/how-successfully-diagnosed-2014-ferrari#41969822

(1) (Reply)

Football Lovers Demeanor Wins 6quartz Of Mobil 1 or N30,000 / 2010 Landrover LR4 Timing Chain Issue, Diagnosis And Repair! / Free Diagnostic Scan/Consult In Owerri (Ended)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.