Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle (4945 Views)

Mercedes Benz C240 2004 Or Toyota Corolla 2005 / Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. / 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by ArcFresky(m): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2018
Hi,
I am thinking of getting my first car.
However, I am stuck between getting a Corolla sport and a Benz C200-C240 kompressor.

I wonder if someone can share their experiences, using any or both cars, including cost, maintenance, issues. E.t.c

You can also help include what to watch for when purchasing any of the cars.. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by Frankdamaxx(m): 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2018
For the Corolla Sport, watch out for thieves.

For the Benz, watch your pocket.

ArcFresky:
Hi,
However, I am stuck between getting a Corolla sport and a Benz C200-C240 kompressor.

I wonder if someone can share their experiences, using any or both cars, including cost, maintenance, issues. E.t.c

You can also help include what to watch for when purchasing any of the cars.. thanks.

14 Likes

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by nakoks(m): 9:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
ArcFresky:
Hi,

Better follow herd and buy yr corolla jeje,after u can then think and buy benz
Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 15, 2018
Who is this comparing sleep with death?

2 Likes

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by RZArecta2(m): 7:22am On Jun 15, 2018
If you have a good paying job/business, buy the Benz, avoid the kompressor (I don't know why) use only good mechanics and enjoy your life cool

2 Likes

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:25am On Jun 15, 2018
The Merc has.

- More class.
- More prestige.
- More power.
- A better driving experience.
- More luxurious.
- Better looks.

It's a better car in pretty much all departments. After all, it is a Merc, and a Corolla is exactly that, a Corolla–the boring doormats of the automotive world.

However...
Corollas are ridiculously easy to work on, and will almost definitely cost you less to maintain. That, in no way, means the W203s are expensive to maintain, though. Your mileage may vary.

If you want a man's car and the best your money can buy, there's only one option here, and it's the C-Klasse.

If you want a car that gets you from A to B without stress and you get to see a hundred clones of everyday, well, have fun with your Corolla.

Disclaimer: I am a Mercedes fanboy, and a shameless one, to boot. As such, my opinions are mine and should not be taken as gospel.

15 Likes

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:37am On Jun 15, 2018
Now, to advice you on the cars themselves.

As said, I have zero interest in a Corolla, and so go out of my way to not learn anything about the bloody things.

For the W203, kindly stick to facelift models. MY05 was the facelift year, so anything after that should be fine.

The 05 230 Kompressor is a petulant little brat that will go when you want it to, and mon dieu, does it go. However, it has a supercharger, and, while not difficult to repair or prone to random tantrums, should not be trusted in the care of an uncouth, ill-trained technician. The ones colloquially known as "Kazeems". The C230K has excellent gas mileage! Perhaps on par with the Corolla, even. It's a 1.8L i4 car, so that's about par.

The 05 C240 is a naturally aspirated V6, so has no supercharger. It is, however, slower than the C230K and doesn't offer a driving experience as fiery as the aforementioned model.

The C230 and C280s of 06 and 07 are excellent cars. Both are powered by the M272 engine, which is prone to a balance shaft defect. Expensive to fix. That fault usually occurs around the 100k mile mark, so there's a chance any car you have may already have been fixed.
Check your Carfax before purchase.
All 2006 models had that defect, but not all 07 offerings did.

Personally, I'd go with the 05 C230K. Biggest gripe with it is the subpar exhaust note, but it's probably the best option. The 05 240 is a good one, too.

Choose wisely, young warlock.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by weyreypey: 8:54am On Jun 15, 2018
ArcFresky:
Hi,

Your first car? Buy the Corolla. I assume it's going to be your only car for a while. Then as time progresses buy the Mercedes. Nakoks said it all. And also budget for the annual oil change with 5W-30 grade oil. Again I assume you are buying a toks grade A.
Happy motoring. For now take your eyes off the Mercedes Benz.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 15, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
The Merc has.

- More class.
- More prestige.
- More power.
- A better driving experience.
- More luxurious.
- Better looks.

It's a better car in pretty much all departments. After all, it is a Merc, and a Corolla is exactly that, a Corolla–the boring doormats of the automotive world.

However...
Corollas are ridiculously easy to work on, and will almost definitely cost you less to maintain. That, in no way, means the W203s are expensive to maintain, though. Your mileage may vary.

If you want a man's car and the best your money can buy, there's only one option here, and it's the C-Klasse.

If you want a car that gets you from A to B without stress and you get to see a hundred clones of everyday, well, have fun with your Corolla.

Disclaimer: I am a Mercedes fanboy, and a shameless one, to boot. As such, my opinions are mine and should not be taken as gospel.

Lmao. Disgusting clones. seeing them daily makes my belly rumble. Why the sudden crave for 2006 corollas?

5 Likes

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by ArcFresky(m): 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2018
Thanks all, at least money is not really an issue here.

My first car? Yes.

1 Like

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by AgentGoat: 10:07pm On Jun 15, 2018
ArcFresky:
Thanks all, at least money is not really an issue here.

My first car? Yes.
which one you wan buy now
Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by ArcFresky(m): 6:49am On Jun 16, 2018
AgentGoat:
which one you wan buy now

Going with the benz. 2005 model.

1 Like

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by ArcFresky(m): 6:51am On Jun 16, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

As said, I have zero interest in a Corolla, and so go out of my way to not learn anything about the bloody things.

For the W203, kindly stick to facelift models. MY05 was the facelift year, so anything after that should be fine.

The 05 230 Kompressor is a petulant little brat that will go when you want it to, and mon dieu, does it go. However, it has a supercharger, and, while not difficult to repair or prone to random tantrums, should not be trusted in the care of an uncouth, ill-trained technician. The ones colloquially known as "Kazeems". The C230K has excellent gas mileage! Perhaps on par with the Corolla, even. It's a 1.8L i4 car, so that's about par.

The 05 C240 is a naturally aspirated V6, so has no supercharger. It is, however, slower than the C230K and doesn't offer a driving experience as fiery as the aforementioned model.

The C230 and C280s of 06 and 07 are excellent cars. Both are powered by the M272 engine, which is prone to a balance shaft defect. Expensive to fix. That fault usually occurs around the 100k mile mark, so there's a chance any car you have may already have been fixed.

Personally, I'd go with the 05 C230K. Biggest gripe with it is the subpar exhaust note, but it's probably the best option. The 05 240 is a good one, too.

05 c230k is it.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by weyreypey: 7:06am On Jun 16, 2018
ArcFresky:

Going with the benz. 2005 model.
As a first and only car?

2 Likes

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2018
weyreypey:

As a first and only car?

Those wey dey drive am don die finish?

5 Likes

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by weyreypey: 12:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Those wey dey drive am don die finish?
Tell us.
Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by king406(m): 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

The 05 C240 is a naturally aspirated V6, so has no supercharger. [s]It is, however, slower than the C230K and doesn't offer a driving experience as fiery as the aforementioned model.[/s]

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
king406:
Lol, they don come. Accept the fact, man, the C230K is faster.

1 Like

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by king406(m): 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, they don come. Accept the fact, man, the C230K is faster.
thats just what you found on the internet written by biased fans.
Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by nakoks(m): 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Thosae wey dey drive am don die finish?
No but read up and do extensive research.Benz no be jap.I have used both,still do.U will enjoy the benz.Change ur fuel filter regularly to safeguard ur fuel pump,service with correct grade synthetic and as per arms grin nothing you can do,u will be changing them when it's time.Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by captainxero: 11:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
This is an interesting thread.i just recently bought the c240 2004.please experience Benz guru in the house should pls educate me on the car and things to watch out for and how best to take care of it.thanks

1 Like

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:12am On Jun 18, 2018
captainxero:
This is an interesting thread.i just recently bought the c240 2004.please experience Benz guru in the house should pls educate me on the car and things to watch out for and how best to take care of it.thanks

First mistake: Buying a 2004 C-Class. C-Class build quality was absolutely shit till 2005.

How much did you get it? Toks or registered?

1 Like

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by captainxero: 12:42am On Jun 18, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

First mistake: Buying a 2004 C-Class. C-Class build quality was absolutely shit till 2005.

How much did you get it? Toks or registered?
Really? But there is no visible difference even till the 07 just the interior.the car is registered but the owner rearly used it.he had plenty cars . He sold it cos he just got the 2015 model ..you know all this big men.i only changed the back shocks which was just 10k and I serviced the engine that’s all I did.the car drives like a beast,I didn’t know this was what u Benz guys have been enjoying..I just need advice on the car cos I wound lie I am enjoying the car.the movement is crazy..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by captainxero: 12:44am On Jun 18, 2018
captainxero:

Really? But there is no visible difference even till the 07 just the interior.the car is registered but the owner really used it. He sold it cos he just got the 2015 model ..you know all this big men.i only changed the back shocks which was just 10k and I serviced the engine that’s all I did.the car drives like a beast,I didn’t know this was what u Benz guys have been enjoying..I just need advice on the car cos I wound lie I am enjoying the car.the movement is crazy..
also I change the alloy rims. The previous one was ugly.
That’s the car

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:07am On Jun 18, 2018
captainxero:

Really? But there is no visible difference even till the 07 just the interior.the car is registered but the owner rearly used it.he had plenty cars . He sold it cos he just got the 2015 model ..you know all this big men.i only changed the back shocks which was just 10k and I serviced the engine that’s all I did.the car drives like a beast,I didn’t know this was what u Benz guys have been enjoying..I just need advice on the car cos I wound lie I am enjoying the car.the movement is crazy..

Did you check for rust? Well, I guess if the previous owners kept it in good shape, it's not all bad.
Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by captainxero: 8:29am On Jun 18, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Did you check for rust? Well, I guess if the previous owners kept it in good shape, it's not all bad.

There is no rust at all..the body is still intact.i would have loved to bake it again to make it more beautiful but I’m low on cash for now.there is no rust.

1 Like

Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by Triniti(m): 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
captainxero:
also I change the alloy rims. The previous one was ugly.
That’s the car
please what is your experience with this car Ac? I’m planning on getting the 06/07 for my kid sister, 95% of people I see driving them always have their windows down even under scorching sun
Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by nakoks(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2018
Triniti:
please what is your experience with this car Ac? I’m planning on getting the 06/07 for my kid sister, 95% of people I see driving them always have their windows down even under scorching sun

Awww darling brother.Go ahead when the ac get issue call me grin
Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by weyreypey: 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2018
nakoks:

Oga technician please go and advise on my thread about w203 and W210
Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by Triniti(m): 6:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
nakoks:

Come on brother, show me some love, please do give me some detail analysis about the AC
Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by nakoks(m): 9:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
weyreypey:

Oga technician please go and advise on my thread about w203 and W210

Ok but i aint no technician just a user
Re: Between A Corolla Sport And A Benz C240 Kompressor Vehicle by nakoks(m): 9:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
Triniti:
Come on brother, show me some love, please do give me some detail analysis about the AC

My guy used his 203 for over 3 years and no ac issue.Mine is 2 years and i just had evaporator issue.Easy fix cos i have a very good AC yechnician in Ojuelegba and since fixing the car cools better than when it arrived.Nothing to fear bro,get the ride

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What is wrong With Toyota Venza? / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Golf 4 / Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.