Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Someone Please Help. How Is The Best Way To Make Custard - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Someone Please Help. How Is The Best Way To Make Custard (2897 Views)

Where Can One Learn How To Make Good Custard Powder / Homemade Custard Powder / Which Is The Best Combo For porridge Beans: Garri, Bread Or Pap/custard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Someone Please Help. How Is The Best Way To Make Custard by garriboy(m): 6:51pm On Dec 30, 2015
Good evening everyone. Okay, straight to the point. Custard seems to be one of my favourite meal but I still dont get it right whenever I try to do it myself. Always too watery and tastes really raw.

Someone please help out with the correct method of preparation (with accurate spoon measurements please). Thanks
Re: Someone Please Help. How Is The Best Way To Make Custard by missKiffy(f): 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
The measurement depends on the quantity you want, like four teaspoons should be enough for you. Just boil water, just put the custard in a bowl, mix with water, don't make it too watery. When the water is boiled, pour it inside the custard, stir while pouring the water, add sugar and milk and ur custard is ready grin
Re: Someone Please Help. How Is The Best Way To Make Custard by dominique(f): 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
I don't know the quantity you like but if you want thick and nice custard, make sure you use very little cold water in mixing the custard powder. For example, for 4 tablespoons of powder, you don't need up to 50ml of water. The hot water you use to mix the custard paste has to be one that is steaming hot, as you're taking the kettle off the cooker or socket, you're pouring it into the custard paste, make sure the water is at boiling point till you're done. Add little hot water, mix and keep adding in little quantity till you get the consistency you desire. Continue mixing till you get the thickness you want.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

English Name For This Juicy Nuts / Tea Lovers / Nestle Milo Crunchy Cereal Is Simply Delicious!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.