Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Pregnant & Engaged, Dad Does Not Support - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pregnant & Engaged, Dad Does Not Support (536 Views)

How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? / 'my Boyfriend Of 4 Years Just Got Engaged' - Heartbroken Lady Shares Story / What Will You Do If Your Babe's Dad Does This (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant & Engaged, Dad Does Not Support by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
I'm engaged & 8wks pregnant by the son of my dad's best friend. I'm 24 & he's 25. I have both my B.A. & M.S. & work for the governor of my state. Fiancee stopped going to college a year ago to start his own business & it was lucrative, but around april he ran into problems. A bad business partner resulted in heavy fines/lawsuit & he lost everything. He was laid off from his job as floor mgr at the hospital he worked at due to his need to be in court for the appearances about a month ago. Me & my fiancee have known each other our whole lives. We began to date in 08/09/15 when he invited me out for his birthday, he proposed to me 11/20/15 & 2 weeks later we decided to try for a baby (I know…we're crazy…in love). Among all the birthday/christmas/new year parties we spent together as families I never once looked at him romantically, but apparently he has "been in love with me" according to both my sisters & his sis & brother since forever.
My dad is not happy, he feels that it is too close to home & although he maintains that my fiancee is a decent and good man, he wants me to be w/ a degree holder which I can understand. Fiancee has already reapplied to uni to offset that impending worry when he goes to my dad to ask for my hand & has a new job at a new hospital. Fiancee has been such a blessing to me from buying me a car to finding us a townhouse & my child of course to praying & fasting with me before I got my new job with the governor. IDK how to approach my heart, my father, to tell him that this is what I want & who I want. I think it's worthwhile to mention that my grandad tried to have my father arrested for kidnapping & abduction while he was dating my mum, my grandmother cursed me & neither of them attended their wedding because they didn't support their marriage.
My dad is the best man that has ever lived & my parents have been married all 24 years of my life because my mum was 2 months pregnant when they married. I'm so scared that my dad will not support us that I'd rather just go to a courthouse, marry my fiancee and go through my pregnancy in peace so I can be healthy & stress free. Please advise me because ultimately, my dad is my king. I can't bear to not include him in such an important part of my life & I cannot wait to be able to tell him that he'll be a grandad smiley & my mum's dad will be alive to see his grandchild God willing
Re: Pregnant & Engaged, Dad Does Not Support by Mikeyjoe(m): 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Pregnant & Engaged, Dad Does Not Support by chii8(f): 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
Dnt marry him cos some pple said he has been in love wt u for a long time,did you see love in him?will you trust him enough to live him in the hands of she wolves in the uni.

Besides y d rush sef?cos of the preggy?
Think outside the box shaa...
Plus in marriage,theres nothing like my dad this,my dad that...you should man up your desires,truth is,some thing isnt right somewhere,theres something you're nt saying...maybe like you still have a little fear or resentment sort of,u came to nld cos u want us to help you bury those fears...but in marriage u dnt bury a problem,you solve them and they fade away naturally.

(Ihe di na nwunye esika nnaa,saa anya n'mmiri ooo)
Re: Pregnant & Engaged, Dad Does Not Support by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
HMMM @op i totally understand u but the truth is that i wont advice u to leave ur dad out of ur marriage plans bcaus if u do, u will regret it in future, what u must do is to keep praying and keep sweet talking ur dad and before u know it, he will be in support of ur marriage, on the part of ur husband to be, he should atimes come over to ur parent's home and spend quality fun time with them, and by so doing, the connection between both party will be in high current, as in like father like son.
Re: Pregnant & Engaged, Dad Does Not Support by slimzypink(f): 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
oh well!! what do i know, but u all seem in a hurry to be together, u cud ve waited till u both married 4 d baby but as u pregnant i can only wish u well...ur poppa will come around to reality sooner.plus he shud try get that degree asap
Re: Pregnant & Engaged, Dad Does Not Support by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 31, 2015
chii8:
Dnt marry him cos some pple said he has been in love wt u for a long time,did you see love in him?will you trust him enough to live him in the hands of she wolves in the uni.

Besides y d rush sef?cos of the preggy?
Think outside the box shaa...
Plus in marriage,theres nothing like my dad this,my dad that...you should man up your desires,truth is,some thing isnt right somewhere,theres something you're nt saying...maybe like you still have a little fear or resentment sort of,u came to nld cos u want us to help you bury those fears...but in marriage u dnt bury a problem,you solve them and they fade away naturally.

(Ihe di na nwunye esika nnaa,saa anya n'mmiri ooo)

I accepted his proposal prior to us trying for the baby & no of course not. I had to make sure that I loved him myself and I truly Do. Yes I trust him completely cos we've been friends forever, he has known me his whole life. As far as why the rush. We just want to get married cos why the wait if we believe we have found each other. The ceremonies are for society, but the covenant is about our promises to each other under God only as far as I'm concerned. And I'm a daddy's girl unfortunately that's why I feel like a little girl even though I could be having my own little girl.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Meaning Of Biitches? See Why I'm Asking. / Married In School, Single At Home / Surest Way To Ask A Lady Out;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.