Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter (33617 Views)

"Buhari 2019 Is Coming" Nigerians React On Twitter. / Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter / Ambode Showed Up At Quilox Nightclub Last Night; Nigerians React On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by ERAKAMUS: 8:05am On Dec 31, 2015
Souljaboi1:

If you have sisters, aunts or close relatives who feel that they cannot go out without the use of Hijab, should they put their lives of hold for 6 months because of the ineffectiveness of the country security agencies ?

You said FULL HIJAB, how do we quantify what is full and what isn't ?
before Nigerians start wearing Hi.jab as their uniform, These people you are defending don't go out don't be a Bigot.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by ERAKAMUS: 8:08am On Dec 31, 2015
Souljaboi1:

Which school of thought defined Hijab as that ? When your Lord revealed the Qur'an and ordered the Muslim women with the Hijab; tell me if what you typed up there was what was being referred to.
So before Sha.ria they were no Muslems in Nigeria?
What do you mean by SCHOOL OF THOUGHT?
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by tartar9(m): 8:22am On Dec 31, 2015
wiseguy:
Seriously I respect the right of people to whatever religious practice they chose to profess. But if in a bid to practice religion, the peace and life of others is put at risk then it needs to be looked into. Its no biggie banning hijab. People need to be alive first to wear the hijab.
and you think banning hijab will stop them from carrying out their attacks,why not just ban the use of vehicles instead undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by jaylister(m): 8:22am On Dec 31, 2015
stop hijab and lose ur second term, muslims dont compromise wit their traditions
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by queebeediva(f): 8:22am On Dec 31, 2015
Ha I no fit shout oo anti -hjab protester?
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by martineverest(m): 8:28am On Dec 31, 2015
I hate that thing called hijab.... The smell that emanate from it can kill
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by robonski15(m): 8:28am On Dec 31, 2015
wiseguy:
Seriously I respect the right of people to whatever religious practice they chose to profess. But if in a bid to practice religion, the peace and life of others is put at risk then it needs to be looked into. Its no biggie banning hijab. People need to be alive first to wear the hijab.

You are truly a wise guy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by LastProphet: 8:30am On Dec 31, 2015
the world needs Donald Trump

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by SporaD8: 8:31am On Dec 31, 2015
Souljaboi1:

If BH changes tactics and start employing the use of men wearing robes/Agbada, should that also be banned.

If that is banned and they employ the use of back-packs, do we also ban that ?

You cited France's ban on the hijab, did that save them from the Paris attack ?

As a man on ground, I see thing for what they are.

This group have sleeper cells in various cities; break their line of communication, clamps down on their sponsors and their trade route to the Sahara desert, then let the Intelligence guys infiltrate their ranks.

If we keep hammering on Hijab ban cause it aids their attacks, then it would also follow that any item or machinery that aids them too should also be banned.
Your analogy is flawed and baseless.
A man wearing agbada will not shout haram if he is ask to be frisked for security reason, neither will a boy carrying a backpack refuse complying with instructions to drop all personal baggage outside some volatile area.
Nobody is saying hijab banning is the magic wand to stop boko haram bombing but then its a right step in the right direction - Okada banning in some states doesn't totally stop accidents but the rate of accident in those states has drastically reduced.
You talk about sleeper cell, James bond and jack Bauer stuffs!
Don't you think it more expedient to start with "dealing with substance first before graduating to chasing shadow cells later?

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by siraj1402(m): 8:31am On Dec 31, 2015
"If Hijab ban must be considered, then the government has to also ban use of vehicles, hand bags, cell phones, motocycle and suits because more evils have been perpetuated through them. It's totally illogical to attach Boko Haram attacks to a dress code or pattern. Our Hijab is a garment of honour; it is an apparel of modesty and an outfit commanded to be worn by Allah."

Remember Boko haram uses cellphone to detonates bombs,cars to carry the explosive and so on.
Have your fact before you quote me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by sarutobie(m): 8:31am On Dec 31, 2015
Anticabal:

Of course you will support it now like a zombie because it's Buhari but if it was GEJ who tried to save your miserable lives by mentioning the banning of hijabs, you almajiris will be screaming 'discrimination!' like hungry simian monkeys, claiming your animal rights are being trampled upon.
classic. .in fela's voice "zombie no go move unless you tell am to".... the stench of hypocrisy in nigeria stinks to the high heavens..you see how 'they' are all now supporting the ban on hijabs?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Orikinla(m): 8:32am On Dec 31, 2015
[size=18pt]Can you Sai Buhari and kiss me at the same time?[/size] grin

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by nduchucks: 8:33am On Dec 31, 2015
Mr. President showed great restraint and sensitivity. He should have arranged to ban Hijab from identified public places with immediate effect.

It should be banned from places like motor parks, markets, airports, stadiums and such places. The ban should remain in place until this war is over
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:34am On Dec 31, 2015
He said "may be", he ain't gonna ban no hijab..smh undecided
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Aristotle96(m): 8:34am On Dec 31, 2015
I fear any body in hijab weather half or full one o... BTW why didn't NTA air the presidential media chat why was it given to channels TV? grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by chrixus(m): 8:35am On Dec 31, 2015
fistonati:
We talk of d IDP's forgetting how to make adequate compensation to the Christians that lost not only properties but life as well. There's God oooooo
you talk of compensationt when there are millions without shelter, food, security, children out of school, not forgetting they have also lost families and friends. Which one comes first, restoring them to their homes or leaving them out in the Idps ?
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by dapsylee(m): 8:35am On Dec 31, 2015
Coming from a northerner and a Muslim at that, I feel it's best for us.
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by bluaero(m): 8:38am On Dec 31, 2015
wiseguy:

Dude you made real sense here. Please keep up this kind of thinking, you will go places.
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 31, 2015
Souljaboi1:

If BH changes tactics and start employing the use of men wearing robes/Agbada, should that also be banned.

This group have sleeper cells in various cities; break their line of communication, clamps down on their sponsors and their trade route to the Sahara desert, then let the Intelligence guys infiltrate their ranks.

If we keep hammering on Hijab ban cause it aids their attacks, then it would also follow that any item or machinery that aids them too should also be banned.

Wow u made a lot of sense, I can attest to the fact that very few people on this forum has an iota of sense. Meanwhile, let's just pray for the best. If BH is defeated technically and physically then there won't be any qualms on the use of hijab as a religious symbol. M

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by PrinzeTokz: 8:42am On Dec 31, 2015
Yes, PMB said that but l doubt its possibility...PMB knew the implication of not answering that question this way...He's an intelligent leader for sure...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Ifebazz(m): 8:42am On Dec 31, 2015
One dumb thing the president said about hijab was, "some motor parks are already using metal detectors for body search..." The bomber is looking for proximity for his hideous act and you want to search 'at close quarters'? That’s very dumb. Very very dumb. Whatever happened to observing from a distance?
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by 8kingz(m): 8:43am On Dec 31, 2015
Bevista:

---
France banned the damn thing and heavens did not fall. It didn't make the Muslims there any less religious. I even hear it is banned in Chad.
!
Hijab is not a damn thing slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by pedion: 8:44am On Dec 31, 2015
nebula9:
I dont think he can do that,more like sensational talk

Countries wen ban am no wait For bombing to stop. Them see am the cover for the activity. Bubu no fit do anything jor.
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Temitayoswt: 8:44am On Dec 31, 2015
Souljaboi1:

Guy! ur talk make sense joor.! this is wat FG shud do!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by donbelton(m): 8:46am On Dec 31, 2015
Yes, it needs to be banned. i know it's a religious attire, but it's being abused by terrorists disguised as Islamists. Real Islamists are not terrorists but peaceful people. Banning the hijab might go a long way in curbing the destruction and loss of lives meted out by Boko Haram terrorists in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Dreyl(m): 8:47am On Dec 31, 2015
it would be good if the president ban hijab, but it should be banned in those states prone to boko Haram attacks
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by preetyb(f): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2015
tartar9:
and you think banning hijab will stop them from carrying out their attacks,why not just ban the use of vehicles instead undecided

Which do u prefer hijab or your life?
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by hollywater: 8:48am On Dec 31, 2015
E don teh wen i dey hua dis type of promises. Make him ban first, den i go confirm am b4 i believe. I will not be deceived again in 2016.
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Nejy(m): 8:49am On Dec 31, 2015
Souljaboi1:

Which school of thought defined Hijab as that ? When your Lord revealed the Qur'an and ordered the Muslim women with the Hijab; tell me if what you typed up there was what was being referred to.
Jazakallahu khairan brother for this piece

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by Idrismusty97(m): 8:51am On Dec 31, 2015
Anticabal:

Of course you will support it now like a zombie because it's Buhari but if it was GEJ who tried to save your miserable lives by mentioning the banning of hijabs, you almajiris will be screaming 'discrimination!' like hungry simian monkeys, claiming your animal rights are being trampled upon.
Is Buhari no longer an Islamic fanatic that want to Islamize Nigeria? Môron.
Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by MrReloaded(m): 8:55am On Dec 31, 2015
SporaD8:
A man wearing agbada will not shout haram if he is ask to be frisked for security reason, neither will a boy carrying a backpack refuse complying with instructions to drop all personal baggage outside some volatile area.
Nobody is saying hijab banning is the magic wand to stop boko haram bombing but then its a right step in the right direction - Okada banning in some states doesn't totally stop accidents but the rate of accident in those states has drastically reduced.
SporaD8:
SporaD8:

FG must not only ban the use of hijab , i think all what the BH is using shud be ban e.g soldier uniform, mobile phone, cars, gun, even money(cos dey used money to buy the devices) e.t.c. WHY ONLY HIJAB
#useyourbrain

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter by josephmbonu: 8:56am On Dec 31, 2015
Plz it's good to be banned for the sake of us living in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire / Dino Melaye Receiving Certificate Of Clearance To Contest For Primary Election / House Of Representatives Reject Lifting Of Twitter Ban By Majority Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.