Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

SUMMARY Of Buhari’s Maiden Chat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SUMMARY Of Buhari’s Maiden Chat (1194 Views)

Picture Of Buhari Shaking Osinbajo Is Best Of All Buhari's Returning Pictures / Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo Watching The Arrival Of Buhari On NTA (Photo) / How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SUMMARY Of Buhari’s Maiden Chat by Naijaland12: 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
On Corruption
"Our constraint is that the accused persons have to defend themselves in court to defend themselves. So, we cannot release their names to the public until the issues are completed in court. Whatever we recover will be presented in court. "The documentation in court include bank statements and documents from Customs Service that are to be presented in court. Until then, we ask Nigerians to have patience."

ASSET DECLARATION NOT SO PUBLIC AFTER ALL, NOT FULLY MADE.
"I have declared my assets four times in the past. You have the constitutional right to go to the relevant government agency to go and seek for it.
"They were deposited at the Ministry of Justice. If Ministry of Justice cannot produce my asset declaration form, then they too should answer some questions.
"Why me alone, why not others who were governors and Ministers as well. I think I don't have to ask them to give, it is your constitutional role."

STILL ON CRUDE OIL THEFT
The problem of NNPC is the involvement of international institutions such as shipping lines and financial institutions.
We would ask for the cooperation of other countries to get monies lodged from sales of oil in different accounts and not that of the Federal Government.

People on your party are being shielded from investigation?
"I don't tolerate corruption and I did not pick anyone that will corrupt my government.
"It is the right of Nigerians to take them to court. I have not taken anybody who is facing corruption charges."

Internally Displaced Persons

"We have about two million IDPs, over 70% are women and children. Over 65% of the children are orphans.
"Some Nigerians contributed money, about 25 Billion Naira, a committee was set up to utilise the funds.
"Within the week I was sworn in, I went to Chad and Niger.
"I was impressed with the goodwill they gave Nigeria on this issue.
"The G7 has sent training teams, and have given us some military hardware.
"We are more concerned with the orphans, a chance for them not to lose the opportunity for education. Some progress is being made on the ground."

On Shiites/Military clash; why the silence?

"I was in touch with the governor of Kaduna state and the president of Iran talked to me about it.
"We have a system of investigation as a government and as the head of the federal government, I have to wait for official report before I comment.
"The Police and the SSS are doing their own role of finding out what happened.
"In any incident where lives and property were lost there is a standard way of doing things and people would be asked to come and give evidence.
"How can any group create a state within a state?
"I saw a clip in which some dissidents were virtually hitting the chest of Generals."

"I expect the Kaduna State government will bring the report on the inquiry because the crisis happened in its domain. There are all sorts of allegations. So, we just have to wait for the report."

"The President of Iran spoke to me about the situation. But, I told him that as a government we have a system we must follow. "As the head of the Federal Government, I told him I will have to wait for the official report from the Kaduna State government from their investigations.
"To be fair to the both sides, we have to wait for the report of the inquiry."

NAIRA DEVALUATION
"Personally, I don't support the devaluation of the Naira. We handed over a secured country in 1979, but by 1984, nobody knew how much Nigeria was owing.
"The situation now is aggravated by the downturn in the petroleum industry. It is now per barrel and we have debt service of about N1.5 trillion and we have commitment on the ground.
"We have to reorganize the NNPC. We have to introduce the TSA. There were 45 accounts in the NNPC alone. Ministry of Defence had about 70 accounts.
"We have got about N1.5 trillion through the TSA.
"The oil downturn is very unfortunate for this government.
"Check previous records. Over 90% were recurrent. No country can develop without capital projects. We were in very very bad shape."

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/195934-presidential-media-chat-buharis-maiden-chat-live-updates.html
Re: SUMMARY Of Buhari’s Maiden Chat by Donniefred(m): 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
Seriously, I don't understand what he was saying angry
Re: SUMMARY Of Buhari’s Maiden Chat by Layolaw(f): 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2015
I don't know why l'm finding it difficult to understand what my president is saying
Re: SUMMARY Of Buhari’s Maiden Chat by fistonati(m): 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
We talk of d IDP's forgetting how to make adequate compensation to the Christians that lost not only properties but life as well. There's God oooooo
Re: SUMMARY Of Buhari’s Maiden Chat by fuckerholic(m): 11:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
No clear answer on this from pmb
Re: SUMMARY Of Buhari’s Maiden Chat by Bevista: 11:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
It does appear that we are coming from an era of a lily-livered president to the other extreme end of the spectrum - a hard-line president.
---
The way Dasuki and Co plundered the treasury without any regards to due process, I do not think they deserve the benefit of due process in their trials.
Re: SUMMARY Of Buhari’s Maiden Chat by efilefun(m): 12:05am On Dec 31, 2015
Facts

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Picture Of Amaechi After Wike's Victory Yesterday / 2016 Budget : Nigerians Ask Questions … (pictures ) / Crude Oil Prices Hit A Record-year High Of $46 Per Barrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.