Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? (4378 Views)

President Buhari Didn't Die In London, He's Alive – Garba Shehu Reacts To Rumour / "Khadijah Didn't Mention ISIS When I Dropped Her @ The Airport"-Nigerian Mum Vic / List Of Agencies And Parastatals Under Amaechi, As A Minister Of Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by ribbit: 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
Abagworo:

Its not about name. Kachikwu and Emefiele are Igbos but Amaechi isn't. He is Ikwerre. As for Itsekiri their names are easily distinguishable. Oritsejafor, Ogbebor, Ikenwoli, Emami and Uduaghan are the most popular Itsekiri names today.
i understand our point but i was talking from buhari's angle. he probably just assume they are ibos due to their names.. e.g, ugochukwu oliseh doesn't want to be called ibo despite his obvious ibo name. if he didn't come out to clarify himself, everyone would just assume he is ibo. if you ask average man on the street which tribe oliseh belongs to, he won't think twice before he will answer ibo.

i said most itsekiri names..
besides, if you are not yoruba or understand yoruba, you might not be able to distinguish the names. you see names like omashola, omawunmi, oristefemi etc. you will automatically the person is Yoruba until he tells you otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by zendy: 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Keep standing for the truth. You are a good man.

In the words of Chibike Rotimi Amaechi

"I'm an Igbo man and my language is Igbo"

In the words of Asari Dokubo

"There are only three tribes in Rivers state, Ijaw,Igbo and Ogoni"

Whatever follows is just for political expediency

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by babyfaceafrica: 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
zendy:

In the words of Chibike Rotimi Amaechi

"I'm an Igbo man and my language is Igbo"

In the words of Asari Dokubo

"There are only three tribes in Rivers state, Ijaw,Igbo and Ogoni"

Whatever follows is just for political expediency
this people only talk for themselves,they don't talk for everyone,everyone is free to choose wherever he wants,se someone like oliseh who said it publicly he is not igbo
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by Wizprodigy: 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
ultimateballer:

He listed all the igbo ministers in his cabinet. all
like seriously. Did you just say all? I guess ogbonnaya onu, enemah e.t.c are no igbos too. Daft.
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by LadyExcellency: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
this people only talk for themselves,they don't talk for everyone,everyone is free to choose wherever he wants,se someone like oliseh who said it publicly he is not igbo

The op specifically mentioned Amaechi.

Amaechi in his own words said he is Igbo and his language is also Igbo.

Has Amaechi not the right to accept Igbo as his identity having publicly stated so?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by babyfaceafrica: 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2015
LadyExcellency:

The op specifically mentioned Amaechi.

Amaechi in his own words said he is Igbo and his language is also Igbo.

Has Amaechi not the right to accept Igbo as his identity having publicly stated so?
amachi can accept ,but that does not mean anoda ikwerre man cannot reject igbo indigene,.my point is that just because one man say he is one thing does not mean it should be generalise
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by gsport: 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
For the record he forgot to mention him,but I was scared for mr president reactions where the topic of igbo was mentioned his doctors shoud keep close eyes on his bP.thank God for democracy as fela called demo crazy
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by kayfra: 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
khassy:

Because he didn't want to mention BIAFRA

LAND OF THE RISING SON cheesycheesy

Is the "son" Kanu?

He is descending o.

Lolz
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by cyberguy72(m): 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
johnmartus:
BUT WHY SOUTH EAST ALWAYS CLAIM MARGINALIZATION EVERY TIME? IF MR PRESIDENT DECIDE THAT HE WILL NOT APPOINT NIGERIANS TO HIS CABINET WHAT WILL HAPPEN? I KEEP WONDER WHY THEY COMPLAIN AFTER-ALL THOSE WHO FORMED THE CABINET THEY ARE NIGERIA.
They have not been given d chance to produce the C-IN-C despite being 1 of d largest tribe. To me that is marginalization
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by atakamus: 4:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
He did not mention me as Igbo. Must he mention all Igbo people? He answered a question. He was not mentioning the names of all Igbo people. Thank you for your foolishness.
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by prettymiss4433(f): 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
If you see the History of Amaechi he is a full blooded Yoruba man. He's dad is yoruba.
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by ultimateballer: 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
Wizprodigy:
like seriously. Did you just say all? I guess ogbonnaya onu, enemah e.t.c are no igbos too. Daft.
learn to shut up when you are not properly informed. Go an watch the interview
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by anticabal1: 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
MXrep:
Those rejoicing over what buhari said about igbos in this chat just finished themselves on the argument of about the boundary of igboland.Aniioma are proud igbos Ikwere said they are not igbos and we dont want them, but there are other igbos in rivers who dont join ikwerre such as Oyigbo

Of course we Oyigbos are pure Igbos. We don't joke with our Igboness. The new MASSOB leader Mr Chukwu is pure Ikwerreman and he is Biafran.
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by anticabal1: 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
babyfaceafrica:

I'm a rivers man, you yorubas can keep flying like your witches with your lies. Ikwerre is Igbo and you also know it. You call we Igbo from rivers, Omo Ibos in real life.
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by babyfaceafrica: 5:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
anticabal1:

I'm a rivers man, you yorubas can keep flying like your witches with your lies. Ikwerre is Igbo and you also know it. You call we Igbo from rivers, Omo Ibos in real life.
smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo show of shame on Sunrise Daily. Watch Now / Olawepo-hashim Promises South-east Additional State / Amotekun : Yoruba's Remain The Most Primitive People In Nigeria - Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.