Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno (27450 Views)

Charles Onu Invents Ubenwa, Artificial Intelligence System To Analyze Baby's Cry / Contribution Of Science And Technology In Agriculture / Nigeria Astronaut Will Land In Space Before 2030 - Minister Of Science & Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
eraser nko? when will we start producing that. in 4years time I guess.

Nigeria, the joke of all nations. and some phoolish "coordinating minister of the economy" talk say Nigerian economy is the largest in Africa. coordinating rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Chrisx1x(m): 4:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
I pray that the price of oil should keep falling so what we will be self dependent.Africans are the most lazy people on earth.how can we be importing "pencil" ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
Come to think of it, thats true!
ekenetheorg:

Unless you can't read. China no dey mess with credit. They always print shiny Made in China in my own pencils

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
Pencils..,of all things?
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by ogmaskman: 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
Most of us on nairaland are just like the politicians we blame for our backwardness.
Think of it, who Chèers the politicians to continue? Who fights dirty on social media because of this same politicians? Who faces the bullets of this same politicians?
Now, let's look at it from another angle and see if we are a serious generation.
What if we see an opportunity in this and not a gloom. for me stuffs like this open my eyes to the opportunities inherent nd not the failures of our leaders . I have taken to the net to get info on how to make pencils. Guys think about this critically. As leaders of tomoro (which may not come to pass right now) we can channel our energies towards advancing and advocating favourable policies.
Millions of pencils are consumed daily.
Think pple think.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by back2sender: 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
[quote author=volo112 post=41520703]we as nigerians like to lie to ourselves alot.
a country like nigeria imports everything, even simple toothpick
most people don't even know that majority of the pencils we use in nigeria is imported from china
AT LEAST WE HAVE AT LEAST 10MIILLION SCHOOL CHILDREN WHO MAKES USE OF PENCILS IN NIGERIA,
a pencil today is sold for at least five(5) naira today.
we need to start from some place.
at least, jobs will be created for nigerians not foreigners
fx will be saved
let encourage this initiative. if we can have manufacturing outfits like this all over the country, it will help reduce unemployment in no small measure[/quote
] Its even more annoying that some of the imported pencils are of substandard quality. So we open our even to import rubbish sef, Thank God for Sai baba. Nigeria on the match to greatness.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by opwa4us(m): 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nigeria oooo. Why is Nigeria so backward. When others are talking of heavy manufacturing companies
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Godsonkemz(m): 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
Is this the kind of change APC is clamouring on? What is so special about this, How much is pencil for such to appear as a credit to APC hilarious govt. This is the kind of change we can as well expect from a president who presented a forged WAEC result to INEC.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by adeybola(f): 4:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
We import toothpick,blade,eraser,crayon etc etc shame on Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Gorodomu: 4:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
So much uninformed statements.Nigeria has several industries both large and medium scale producing pencils,ball point pens and even d much talked about toothpick.The only challenge is cost which is discouraging many investors.Our new govt. shld leave all dis drama and hasty statements and focus on critical areas dat will drive our economy.Regular power supply,Rail transport to all major cities to ease movement of raw materials and finished goods ard d country and security is all we need for crying out loud!Govt. agency to start production of pencils?Onu shld apologise to Nigerians.A minister dat shld be talking abt space technology to reduce data cost and nuclear energy to provide temproary relief in d power sector is going abt making fallacious statements.Nwanne take time o!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2015
And that's an achievement? I cry for my country?
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Rhea(f): 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
Timbi:

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-to-start-production-of-pencils-says-onu/

[size=18pt]After launching a satellite in space. I wonder what happened to that satellite; or was it another one of their yellow kangaroo projects?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by chris81964(m): 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
A country that does not manufacture can't survive. We import the most basic items and expect to keep our citizens employed. For Nigeria to rise to preeminence she has to expand her manufacturing base.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Milo30(m): 5:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
So most people commenting on this thread went through school without seeing Chinese writing on their pencils (not even once) and are shocked to know we import pencils? Una sha...
Everybody is screaming "government" as if it is the Chinese government that is manufacturing the pencils they are selling to us. Everybody is waiting for somebody to start something, nobody wants to do it themselves. I am very sure at least 75% of the people complaining here have the potential to start a pencil factory (or whatever they are called) but NO! "The government didn't clean my poo when I was 2 years old." "The government hasn't paid my father for some months and have no jobs for Nigerian youths." "Petroleum is now about 37$pb, Buhari has failed us." Suyaing and Peppersouping children of Nigerians. This is all monkey poo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by tankoy: 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
wilcox:
What kind of news is this? So the lots of pencils I used during my kindergarten was from China? Mbano! If only I knew I would have been more careful not misplace pencils on daily basis.
Don't tag me a "careless child" I was only concerned on how to grow our economy and encourage local production but little did I know I was making daily contributions to chinko

hahhahaahahhahahaha
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Wyttcat: 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
Other ministers should pay attention to where this very minister and his kind site their projects, and do same.
Home sweet home!

Yoruba = people pleasers, I hope our ministers are watching, should learn and do like the rest of the country by kick-starting projects just like others are doing in their regions. Let's give as much as we are given and take as much as they take, meaning if a poultry farm is what they want to site in SW, we should give them an equivalent, not site the major projects in other's region while they site the least in ours.

But pencils Well, even if toothpicks, it's a project.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Abiagirl777(f): 5:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
fratermathy:
cheesy

Those detractors who said this government promises too much can now feed on this!!!

Nigeria shall be industrialised by 2016! We will stop importation of items that pushes our currency below the dollar and euro. We will focus of exportation instead so that we can derive revenue for the nation's capital projects.

Jobs will be created through industrialisation as unemployed and educated youths will be absorbed into production companies and factories across the nation.

Kudos to the new visionary government!

I am proud to be a NIGERIAN!!!

while you are at it,tell them to buy our locally made cars instead of the German made cars they intend buying next year do that the billions will remain in the economy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by donk552(m): 5:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
Shame to Nigeria
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Milo30(m): 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
ekenetheorg:

Unless you can't read. China no dey mess with credit. They always print shiny Made in China in my own pencils

Thank God you've been seeing it too. I am very surprised that most people haven't been seeing it and are 'shocked'

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by lailo: 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
We import pencil,cotton bud,tooth stick,matches etc.I need info,wy are these difficult for Nigeria to produce
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by MXrep: 5:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
PRODA was the first research Instute in nigeria establish by eastern region
FG siezed proda
FG siezed proda machines and abandoned it in Lagos
FG import pencil
This country is a joke

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Glocal1: 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
This is a positive step in d right direction; though I feel power/electricity should be fixed first b4 manufacturing/industrialization.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Glocal1: 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
This is a positive step in d right direction; though I feel power/electricity sector should be fixed first b4 manufacturing/industrialization.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Glocal1: 5:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
MXrep:
PRODA was the first research Instute in nigeria establish by eastern region
FG siezed proda
FG siezed proda machines and abandoned it in Lagos
FG import pencil
This country is a joke
Some cabals are profiting from the importation of these commodities.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by StarMogul(m): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
Folksyharry:
The Minister really didn't need to bring this to the public. It should have been done discretely because it's really shameful that we have been importing pencils all this while. Good anyway.
Chai Nigerians are never satisfied. undecided.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by redsun(m): 6:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Pencil! How about toothpick?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by RegalD(m): 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
Rogersmith:
Shameful to read this. We need to wake up as a country and harnest every potential this country have.
It hurts me to know that nigeria is just about to start the production of pencils; this shows we have a long narrow way to sojourn on.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by lagosrd: 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
Timbi:

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-to-start-production-of-pencils-says-onu/

I reject backwardness ijn. Any spirit of backwardness is cancelled in my life.
Not even a calculator company, phone company. Uuuu see the problem of old ministers and their 1760 policies
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by akigbemaru: 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
nigeria to make pencils.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by redsun(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
RegalD:

It hurts me to know that nigeria is just about to start the production of pencils; this shows we have a long narrow way to sojourn on.

In others words,it shows ample lots of opportunities. Like Europe in 15th,16th century.

Eldorado if the eyes are open.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mrDennis(m): 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
deanoffaculty:
Good news to all Ladies! Eye pencils and Eye Liners will now be purchased at a reduced price....even free cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nigeria and Bleep-up thingz sha! Our target is production of PENCILS......CHAI!!! Next thing will now be production of CRAYON.
Anyway,God bless Naija!

my grandma's neighbour in Benin is a pure water manufacturer ... from that pure water business he built 2 houses n purchased a car . before stiff competition arrived. if 10 people dash u 100 naira u don get 1k o

the China that is producing toothpick , cotton bud and other minor items no get sense?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nasa Testing ‘AIR Taxi’ That Shuttles You Across Cities In Minutes(Pix, Video) / 1,800-Year-Old Roman Camp Unearthed At 'Armageddon' In Israel (Photos) / 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.