Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno (27451 Views)

Charles Onu Invents Ubenwa, Artificial Intelligence System To Analyze Baby's Cry / Contribution Of Science And Technology In Agriculture / Nigeria Astronaut Will Land In Space Before 2030 - Minister Of Science & Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mikolo80: 2:26am On Jan 01, 2016
khassy:
Pencils and this is news?

This shît's stupid as it looks undecidedundecided
despise not humble beginnings
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mikolo80: 2:28am On Jan 01, 2016
phranseeqz:

Sure bro. It's really shameful

Seriously, I didn't know the pencils I've been using were imported. Shows we still have a long way to go.

really so are you medically blind or dyslexic. cos it's plainly written 'made in China ' con get chinko calligraphy on the end near the Fraser

we never talk tooth pick and cotton buds o

paper still de dia o
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mikolo80: 2:30am On Jan 01, 2016
FEGNO:
This people can lie O! Pencil manufacturing will create 400,000 jobs ke?!!!!!.
Not only that, it will also replace Oil as our main foreign exchange earner.
read more, comment less, na so me sef think until he mention west Africa
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mikolo80: 2:31am On Jan 01, 2016
gemale:
Hian! So we import pencil? Lord have mercy! Pencil! We can't produce ordinary pencil? Something dt requires only wood, pencil lead & glue we still dey import @ dis age & tym? Even if d raw materials 4 pencil lead no dey 9ja we no fit improvise use charcoal? SMH. Crude oil is indeed a curse 2 dis nation. I no go shock if we dey import water & air 4 9ja. Y naira value no go fall when all we Sabi do na import, import, import?
hmm you're funny, pretending like if you don't know that we would be importing garri if oyinbo or chinko look that direction
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mikolo80: 2:32am On Jan 01, 2016
Dongreat:
We have palm fruits, cocoa, timber, groundnut et al. And those are not important enough but pencil. What a developing country I say. SMH. Not that it's bad but to me it's a misplace priority when we have stuff like the above to harness. Well goodluck, sorry PMB
if we can't produce pencil how will we produce chocolate soap oil and wood products
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mikolo80: 2:34am On Jan 01, 2016
Mcowubaba:
Mehn, our past leaders(1960-2015) really messed up this our lovely country BIG TIME...

So ordinary pencils we couldn't produce shocked
Ordinary toothpicks we couldn't produce undecided

Nd I knw we have the manpower nd skill but just funding, infrastructure nd favourable policies...
Nigeria really needs a revolution..

This falling oil prices may be a blessing in disguise, if we take positive advantage of the situation, a great deal of Economic diversification can be achieved....
We are really blessed with so many skills, talent, human resources, natural nd mineral resources, if they can just be harnessed properly, the Sky will be our starting point..

God ble$$ Nigeria...
may I ask what infrastructure and favourable policy we need to produce pencils. and how much you think we need to implement
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mikolo80: 2:36am On Jan 01, 2016
macklef:
Only a nitwit would not see this as good news.

Rome wasnt built in a day-pontious pilate
A jorney of a thousand miles begins with a step-Gej trekker
A drop of water can make a mighty ocean- vasco da gama
I never believed there is nothing new under the sun until now. like say you de read my planned motivational speech quotes. word for word. Chai ties is Godu o
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mikolo80: 2:37am On Jan 01, 2016
macklef:
Only a nitwit would not see this as good news.

Rome wasnt built in a day-pontious pilate
A jorney of a thousand miles begins with a step-Gej trekker
A drop of water can make a mighty ocean- vasco da gama
I never believed there is nothing new under the sun until now. like say you de read my planned motivational speech quotes. word for word. Chai Diaris Godu o
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mikolo80: 2:37am On Jan 01, 2016
volo112:
we as nigerians like to lie to ourselves alot.
a country like nigeria imports everything, even simple toothpick
most people don't even know that majority of the pencils we use in nigeria is imported from china
AT LEAST WE HAVE AT LEAST 10MIILLION SCHOOL CHILDREN WHO MAKES USE OF PENCILS IN NIGERIA,
a pencil today is sold for at least five(5) naira today.
we need to start from some place.
at least, jobs will be created for nigerians not foreigners
fx will be saved
let encourage this initiative. if we can have manufacturing outfits like this all over the country, it will help reduce unemployment in no small measure
actually 66 31 mill
volo112:
we as nigerians like to lie to ourselves alot.
a country like nigeria imports everything, even simple toothpick
most people don't even know that majority of the pencils we use in nigeria is imported from china
AT LEAST WE HAVE AT LEAST 10MIILLION SCHOOL CHILDREN WHO MAKES USE OF PENCILS IN NIGERIA,
a pencil today is sold for at least five(5) naira today.
we need to start from some place.
at least, jobs will be created for nigerians not foreigners
fx will be saved
let encourage this initiative. if we can have manufacturing outfits like this all over the country, it will help reduce unemployment in no small measure
actually 31 mill
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Dongreat(m): 3:37am On Jan 01, 2016
mikolo80:
if we can't produce pencil how will we produce chocolate soap oil and wood products

Do you know that Nigeria was the largest producer of both groundnut and palm oil juice in the world, yes whole world in 1960s - 1970s. How we did it I don't know. Maybe it's due to the cursed oil not being discovered.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mikolo80: 4:19am On Jan 01, 2016
Dongreat:

Do you know that Nigeria was the largest producer of both groundnut and palm oil juice in the world, yes whole world in 1960s - 1970s. How we did it I don't know. Maybe it's due to the cursed oil not being discovered.
when we suffer properly we'll wake up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by sexyellency(m): 6:22am On Jan 01, 2016
gemale:

Abeg no laff. E no funny @ all. Na very shameful tin. If na complicated something wey require mad tech, I 4 no say anytin bt pencil?! E sure me say @ least 400 yrs ago, Britain don dey make pencil. Dis means dt we r more Dan 300 yrs behind dem developmentally. Hw we wan take catch up? We no fit do anything 4 ourselves. We no fit feed ourselves, clothe ourselves, transport ourselves, house ourselves satisfactorily without oyibo assisting us. We r finished in dis country.
The change is here...thank God for dis administration dey can lead us to our promise land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 01, 2016
lack of foresight, of all things to produce locally na pencil? are u kidding me?
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by shingu(m): 8:20am On Jan 01, 2016
What kind of news is this? So the lots of pencils I used during my kindergarten was from China? Mbano! If only I knew I would have been more careful not to misplace pencils on daily basis.
Don't tag me a "careless child" I was only concerned on how to grow our economy and encourage local production but little did I know I was making daily contributions to chinko.
I can't just comprehend what this country has actually been reduced to by our so called leader, it pains me each time I reflect on the country that I was born I to. This is a country that have the potential to be mong the first 10 countries in the world but greed has blindfolded those that were supposed to help repositioning the nation. Too many things to say but my fingers hurt. But I must not leave without saying this "NIGERIA LEADERS ARE THE MOST WICKED SET OF PEOPLE ON Earth. Quote me any where............. U are on point bro juz lyk decimal!!
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by saibop(m): 8:33am On Jan 01, 2016
so wat the hell have we been producing
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Ohamzee: 10:04am On Jan 01, 2016
Says onu (minister of science and technology) CHAI! and he is proud to say this as a science and technology minister! Chisos! pensulu kwa? while others are talking of renewable energies, flying cars, u're talking of making pencil? chie! malaysia things on my mind. Ozugo!
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Fourwinds: 10:19am On Jan 01, 2016
nonsense and useless leaders...
one even called himself evil genius...father of corruption...

they should be ashamed both dead and living...
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by otiigba1(m): 10:42am On Jan 01, 2016
You know? my uncle had a company producing chalks for schools in them days but he stopped producing lost contracts because the gorvenments began importing chalks and claimed his was made in nigeria, i blame nigerians because of their obssesions with foreign products
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Bestbeelieve: 10:45am On Jan 01, 2016
FEGNO:
This people can lie O! Pencil manufacturing will create 400,000 jobs ke?!!!!!.
Not only that, it will also replace Oil as our main foreign exchange earner.
liars everywhere for relevance
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Aroh48(m): 11:08am On Jan 01, 2016
I love my country ironically.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by wilcox(m): 1:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
thambolo:

I completd your like 150. @ the same time want to point out that it seems you couldn't read growing up as kid. I said this because. Almost all the pencil has the inscription "MADE IN CHINA".
Furthermore,I did not bother to read such lenghty write up because we want to start the production of pencil;it is a shame to me and my country.
In conclusion,I do not regret being a NIGERIAN because GOD knows best. Let's see if Buhari will allow HIM to use him. But that doesn't stop usto be the light in our own little corner.
GOD bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Thank you bro. For pointing out to me that all pencils had that inscription on it(MADE IN CHINA) but the ones we were using then had no inscription on it except when I was about writing my FSLC that my school use that product that has the inscription.
Bros, I pray your hope doesn't disappoint you because with the way things are going, we, I have lost hope on the new government. Their policy is just anti people.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by phranseeqz(m): 4:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
mikolo80:
really so are you medically blind or dyslexic. cos it's plainly written 'made in China ' con get chinko calligraphy on the end near the Fraser

we never talk tooth pick and cotton buds o

paper still de dia o

It's a new year so I won't mind your dyslexic or medical blindness comment.
However, I will wish you a blessed 2016. Happy New Year. wink
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by cardoctor(m): 6:43pm On Jan 01, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
We import pencil, cotton bud, matches, toothpick

I wonder when we will start producing these ones.
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mikolo80: 3:33am On Jan 03, 2016
phranseeqz:

It's a new year so I won't mind your dyslexic or medical blindness comment.
However, I will wish you a blessed 2016. Happy New Year. wink
Haba no need to take it personal. just pointing it out. afterall twas a question not assertion. and Happy New Year to you too
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by mikolo80: 3:37am On Jan 03, 2016
Dongreat:

we did it because there was no oyel money distraction.maybe now that oil price has fallen... na, we still distracted.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Nacre1: 12:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
Lord please come to our rescue
Re: Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno by Omi2215: 11:41am On Oct 05, 2018
It will be great platform of information Thank you so much. We are working on helping the others. https://www.toptechhouse.com/2018/09/10-best-video-editing-software-for.html Help us we will help the others. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nasa Testing ‘AIR Taxi’ That Shuttles You Across Cities In Minutes(Pix, Video) / 1,800-Year-Old Roman Camp Unearthed At 'Armageddon' In Israel (Photos) / 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.