Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,747 members, 7,862,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:54 PM

US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode (19719 Views)

Use Tithes To Buy Arms For Christians – FFK Backs Omatseye / Nigeria Looks To Russia, Pakistan For Arms, With Continuing US Embargo / De­fence Minister In Russia To Buy Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by Jabioro: 10:18am On Dec 31, 2015
Is He ( FKK) the minister of information during Jonathan regime ? Why is he speaking for past government affairs ,instead political presidential campaign circle ? He is an accomplice, EFCC should move swiftly before he evaded arrrest.Be has more information than we think of.ASAP.
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by waveskaaya(m): 10:18am On Dec 31, 2015
your being senseless.wake up
mrborntodoit:

You already sold your useless conscience to the devil so you won't see reasons why Gej did everything possible including buying arms in cash to quench the Buharis Almajiri soldiers .

Passingshot, try get sense this 2016,his royal daftness ,Buhari doesn't need you anymore since he got to aso rock .

1 Like

Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by mrborntodoit: 10:19am On Dec 31, 2015
oyindare:
Na question u ask me. And I go answer u but bfore that go meet ur famlly ask them son of a mad man born out of sorrow and pain me no b online racist oooo I go face u offline ni go ask of omo baba oyin from osun we no dey talk we need heads to use before the end of the year so keep it coming

Na okada go jam u last last, fraustrated slowpoke
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by ekemit(m): 10:19am On Dec 31, 2015
ffk keep telling them the truth whether they like it or not
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by mrborntodoit: 10:19am On Dec 31, 2015
waveskaaya:
your being senseless.wake up
It's your fada that is being senseless, oponu
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by acooriz(m): 10:23am On Dec 31, 2015
FFK is definitely high on something. Probably onisha Kai Kai... See excuse for mismanagement o
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by galadima77(m): 10:25am On Dec 31, 2015
Adminisher:
It also forced Jonathan to steal from the cash for elections

Guy! You stole my thoughts.

1 Like

Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 10:25am On Dec 31, 2015
PassingShot:

There was no sanctions to buy from Russia, Turkey and many other countries. Only US was relunctant or refused to sell us arms.

No justification for buying with cash.

Guess you just woke up now with your coment ,go back to sleep n wake 2019 ....mbok
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by jaegermesiter: 10:30am On Dec 31, 2015
Bros,not true..china and russia were willing to sell and they went to buy wepons from terrorist with 3 cash laden private jets and we are only talking about one jet.....I thought the procurement dept of the nigerian military ought to do the buying!!

MRSALT:

There is nothing difficult to understand here. No country was ready to do business with Nigeria. The only option the administration had was to buy from black market which transactions are done in cash in order to cover their track to avoid sanctions from the US. It is unfortunate that the black market purchases encourage looting anyway
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 31, 2015
Farnsworth:

That is Russian black market, that's were we bought all the stuff, check out that vice boko haram documentary. If the US were truely friends of Nigeria, there would have come investigate the claims themsleves because at the time the Nigeria Army invited them to come and investigate the claims themselves but the declined. I think the reason behind the US hatred of Jonathan's regime was far more than just Amnesty's reports because Amnesty does reports on Saudi Arabia, etc, but the US still sells them arms, It has something to do with the Neo-colonial organisations and policies that the west have set-up to ensure that Africans remain as poor as possible and always at their mercy. I like the military industrial complex Buhari proposed, we could be making our own arms and selling to other African countries...

Jonathan's regime was by far the most corrupt this nation has ever seen with all these revelations coming out. there was and there is every reason to hate it.

that being said, I want to point out to you what Jonathan told us some years back. he said boko haram was in his government and he knows them. what stopped him from fishing them out
I mean can you imagine buhari coming out to tell us the same thing?

really, the US doesn't need to come and investigate anything. their intelligence-gathering methods are state-of-the-art. it is an open secret that their embassies in all countries operate more like spy stations.

that's why they destroy all documents if there's an invasion of their embassies.

they are well informed and I can assure you that all the money meant for arms stolen by gej and his cronies are all well documented.

GEJ's future actually rests with the American government. he can go to jail or be pardoned.

US just like politicians doesn't have permanent friends or foes. just permanent interests.

Nigeria should start planning for the next 50yrs if not 100yrs. military complex is fine and will position us as the undoubted leader of the African continent and a world player.

1 Like

Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by babafirst(m): 10:33am On Dec 31, 2015
I hear you Fani 'Sayo'(drunkard) Kay:I understand the arms were bought from arms dealers like DOKPESI arms consult,Bafarawa Heavy Weapons limited etc........Hopeless druggie.
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by Bollinger(m): 10:34am On Dec 31, 2015
The only reason a man would use this kind of excuse is if he thinks the people he is talking to are s.tupid. FK has good reason to think Nigerians are.

1 Like

Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by gabicon: 10:36am On Dec 31, 2015
Why was an embargo placed on us in the first place? Is it only the US that sells sofisticated weapons? If US refused to sell can't we go somewhere else? Look these excuses are flimsy, FFK needs to stop justifying mediocrity. Even a five year old knows that if the store by the house doesn't have candies you go to the other store down the street.

1 Like

Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by tjmc: 10:36am On Dec 31, 2015
How about lie Mohammed

allthingsgood:
It was disgusting watching that born by mistake bastard spill one lie after another on channels. FFK is nothing but a coorupt liar and thief. What is more annoying is that channels brought him on air to waste people's time
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by mrmetoo1: 10:39am On Dec 31, 2015
MRSALT:

There is nothing difficult to understand here. No country was ready to do business with Nigeria. The only option the administration had was to buy from black market which transactions are done in cash in order to cover their track to avoid sanctions from the US. It is unfortunate that the black market purchases encourage looting anyway

False!! The US, not no country, didn't do business with us
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by Farnsworth: 10:45am On Dec 31, 2015
Ioannes:

Jonathan's regime was by far the most corrupt this nation has ever seen with all these revelations coming out. there was and there is every reason to hate it.

that being said, I want to point out to you what Jonathan told us some years back. he said boko haram was in his government and he knows them. what stopped him from fishing them out
I mean can you imagine buhari coming out to tell us the same thing?

really, the US doesn't need to come and investigate anything. their intelligence-gathering methods are state-of-the-art. it is an open secret that their embassies in all countries operate more like spy stations.

that's why they destroy all documents if there's an invasion of their embassies.

they are well informed and I can assure you that all the money meant for arms stolen by gej and his cronies are all well documented.

GEJ's future actually rests with the American government. he can go to jail or be pardoned.

US just like politicians doesn't have permanent friends or foes. just permanent interests.

Nigeria should start planning for the next 50yrs if not 100yrs. military complex is fine and will position us as the undoubted leader of the African continent and a world player.

I disagree that Jonathan regime was the most corrupt, to me I followed the progress of the ministries very well, it was the most transparent government Nigeria has had, perhaps Jonathan was too trusting and naive but in all honesty he had a few good ideas but ultimately he was just incompetent and overwhelmed with the task. But the "corruption" is just propaganda, OBJ, IBB ABACHA, these were corrupt people but during Jonathan's regime you could get access to any financial information at all. The people under GEJ were likely the corrupt ones, as he delegates the jobs and money he never really, follows up. BTW, I think Nigeria deserves better presidents that all we have had so far, especially with so much intelligent Nigerians across the country.
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by ddeola: 10:46am On Dec 31, 2015
Fani Kayode is Sh*t. He should go back to the rehab pple claim he's from
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by realnas(m): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2015
That the united states and its allies placed an embargo on nigeria was not enough excuse for jonathan to resort to purchasing weapons thru crooked arms dealers who in connivance with some individuals in GEJ's administration defrauded nigeria by means of purchasing either weapons that were of inferior quality at excessively high rates or weapons in insuficient quantities eg the case of the erstwhile NSA Dasuki wh boasted of purchasing 16 T72 main battle tanks after receiving two billion dollars .If I am not mistaken russia never imposed any embargo on nigeria neither did china or north korea now these mentioned manufacture and sell HIGH quality weapons that nigeria could purchased and prevent BH from metarmophosing into what it turned into btwn 2013 and 14. Nigeria could hv purchased BTR 80 apcs fromnussia if america doesn't want to sell apcs to us, Mi 35 attack helicopters could have been bought if jonathan wanted them ,china has the CH4 drone that the iraqis r using against isis but rather they chose use crooked individuals who bought weapons at inflated rates .zimbabwe,burma and sudan these countries all hav arms embargoe imposed on them by the west but they hv turned to russia and china and they hv formidable armed forces so FFK can only preach this po to his dumb wailers who are not conversant with the workings f intl politics ,the govt he worked messed up tinz in this country may God help us
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 31, 2015
Farnsworth:

I disagree that Jonathan regime was the most corrupt, to me I followed the progress of the ministries very well, it was the most transparent government Nigeria has had, perhaps Jonathan was too trusting and naive but in all honesty he had a few good ideas but ultimately he was just incompetent and overwhelmed with the task. But the "corruption" is just propaganda, OBJ, IBB ABACHA, these were corrupt people but during Jonathan's regime you could get access to any financial information at all. BTW, I think Nigeria deserves better presidents that all we have had so far, especially with so much intelligent Nigerians across the country.

well then, I stand to be corrected though I still maintain my position.

I definitely concur with your other assertions though . Nigeria deserves much better, and though Buhari may not be the best we can offer as a country, he is a good start on the right path.
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 31, 2015
I think why people like FFK are still talking is because of the leadership of the financial siphoning cartel that was carefully selected Minister of finance, Minister of Petroleum, Minister of Power and CBN all from the same line of thought. Also, all the units are carefully selected and mobilized along this line of thoughts. Other people, having seen the direction and motives of the government now joined them and make more money.

It is very disgraceful that somebody will come and defend procurement by raw cash on channels TV or Nairaland.com. Nigeria and South Africa are like Siamese twins on africa developmental struggles. President of both countries are very close just like Nigeria and Ghana. They communicate often even on phone. Is it not a disgrace that Nigerian President will attempt to smuggle dollar into South Africa without prior notice of South African President his african big brother? Haa aa ooole. Shutup
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by waveskaaya(m): 10:59am On Dec 31, 2015
May amadioha suck u dry u product of a leaking condom.obo oshi
mrborntodoit:

It's your fada that is being senseless, oponu
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by 49cents(m): 10:59am On Dec 31, 2015
allthingsgood:
It was disgusting watching that born by mistake bastard spill one lie after another on channels. FFK is nothing but a coorupt liar and thief. What is more annoying is that channels brought him on air to waste people's time

My friend this is how wailers feel when Liar Mohammed speaks
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by oluwafreshkid(m): 10:59am On Dec 31, 2015
mrborntodoit:

Passingshot, try get sense this 2016,his royal daftness ,Buhari doesn't need you anymore since he got to aso rock .

Now, this is EPIC!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by Bayswater: 10:59am On Dec 31, 2015
dBard:

I guess the word embargo escaped u.
Secondly, once the U.S places an embargo, it's (traditional) allies are by rule expected to follow suit.
The arms u want to buy from the other countries will be (at least 50%) of U.S origin which still puts u in a bad situation as regards training and maintenance.
Look@ wat happened in S.A wen d U.S got wind of a possible sale. Wasn't the cash seized Wat will give S.A d gall to pull off something like that..searching a diplomatic pouch if not f d influence of a world power.

Also, it is the blackmarket..a legitimately illegitimate enterprise run by business men and like all businesses,It Is CASH AND CARRY.

Monies were misused,yes but this cash f arms tin is just bull shit .

Please ignore these wicked souls, they know nobody will sell weapons to us in the open market apart from the likes of Russia. I'm proud the last administration patronised the black market in search of weapons and munitions to stem the rising tide of Boko Haram. I'm even more proud that we became a Russian ally, unfortunately the Dull One from Daura has severed that relationship. it is now hard for us once again to procure weapons from the open market, that partly explains why our present dictator has not been able to buy a single rifle since he became president.
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by mbulela: 11:02am On Dec 31, 2015
hollywater:
You know nothing about this arms deal then.US warn Russia , Israel and so on of selling arms to Nigeria because of the report AI gave them about NA human rights violation.
Please stop embarrassing yourself in public.
America is not as powerful as you imagine it to be.
Same America that sells arms to both sides of a conflict?
Arms trade is not pharmaceutical business o!
It is a dog eat dog business. People are selling arms legitimately to even rogue states and we are hear talking about a sovereign state defending its a citizens against insurgents.
GEJ goct used the America embargo as an excuse to do cash transactions with no documentation for very obvious reasons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by mrmetoo1: 11:02am On Dec 31, 2015
hollywater:
You know nothing about this arms deal then.US warn Russia , Israel and so on of selling arms to Nigeria because of the report AI gave them about NA human rights violation.

US warns Russia?? US warns Russia?!?!?! Lmao!!! You just failed foreign affairs 101. You came here saying someone doesn't know anything and then continue with a blunder like US warns Russia.. most ridiculous thing I've heard all year
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by nairaman66(m): 11:06am On Dec 31, 2015
MRSALT:

I guess the black market is located in South Africa! What a senile statement from you and FFK
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by mrborntodoit: 11:07am On Dec 31, 2015
waveskaaya:
May amadioha suck u dry u product of a leaking condom.obo oshi

May the witches in your village bath with your bl00d , you are a secondhanded bastard .
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by jeffooh999(m): 11:11am On Dec 31, 2015
Yes ffk is right,but BUHARI is a Bastered!
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by abisola85: 11:15am On Dec 31, 2015
FOR must go to jail
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by banio: 11:15am On Dec 31, 2015
The worship of GEJ will take 9ja to our promise land. Pls keep worshipping the actions and policies of GEJ
Re: US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode by justmenoni: 11:15am On Dec 31, 2015
Calling an elderly man born mistake isn't sensible.. I'm sure u're one of d new nairaland kid's and if u happen to be older then expect the same cos karma is a naughty and stubborn bitch...

I Mean u can critize or condemn without been rude....
allthingsgood:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Will Not Steal Our Money, Says Osinbajo As He Begins Door-to-door Campaig / JUST IN: Buhari’s Swearing In To Be Low Key, Moves ‘Major’ Events To June 12 / Labour Party Reacts To Reports, Says Mimiko Is Welcomed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.