Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. (8787 Views)

Boko Haram Releases A Propaganda Footage Of Life In Sambisa Forest. Photos / Marginalisation: Ekweremadu, Obi, Soludo, Others To Meet / Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Nice try @op but I have one question for you;

Marriage na by force?
What a foolish question u asking, embarassed why dont u go fight 4 d divorce process
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
mulattoclaro:
tonyebarcanista pay no attention to that guy. I know igbos very well. They can't be trusted. I've lived amongst them and I can tell you how they think. Let them clamour for their biafra alone and not include us. Don't be cajoled by them. An average igbo man is a self centered, greedy and an untrustworthy bastard.

Is tonye your thinking faculty? Why can't you think like a man that you are, rather than a kid. I trust tonye, he isn't filled with hate, mind you I say this, tonye is my brother and he is closer culturally, geographically to the igbos than edo, same as the efiks, ibibios, ogojas et al...I don't hide the truth, I don't let hate blind me, you better keep your nonsense to yourself, eshinwaju is ur brother and he is closer to you culturally, accept him, rather than let oil and south south feed your delusion
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
willow0801:

Tonye my man, Do you also agree that the ikwerres, ndoni and etche are igbos? they can never be ijoid and you know this. please stop passing false information online all in the name of south south. Please Brother. My mum's sister married an ikwerre man based in port harcourt and he speaks fluent igbo, his surname is igbo, so im wondering why you keep saying ikwerres aren't igbos
Millions of igbos are in south west, they bears yoruba name, they cannot speak igbo any longer, they claim they are native of Ekiti, kwara,ondo, osun, lagos e.t.c..can u say they are yoruba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by iconaus: 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
Igbo / biafra marginalization is not today . It has been there since after the civil war n buhari made it more obvious that igbos re not part of Nigeria . You appointed some few ministers of igbo extraction to camouflage his hate n alienation of igbos . All directors in strategic positions re northerners n currently igbos re being sack daily from top govt positions.we re not fools .

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
chowlade:

Millions of igbos are in south west, they bears yoruba name, they cannot speak igbo any longer, they claim they are native of Ekiti, kwara,ondo, osun, lagos e.t.c..can u say they are yoruba?

How many of these so-called people are in the House of Assembly, HOR, Senate or may be Commissioner, market leaders or political appointee? We need their names.

Ask Peter Odili what Clarke told him when we wanted to be Yardua's deputy.

Let them try to venture into contesting the stated positions and you see how they will be forced back to answer their papa name.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by anticabal1: 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
SUBWAY101:

See this shameless man claiming Rivers. Must you people lie just to feel good. Why are you ashamed of your tribe for God sake. Chai....

You are the shameless man here. Come to oyigbo with your ugly tribal marks and draw our boundaries na. ndi ara!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by anticabal1: 8:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Ucle keep quiet biko. You aren't from Rivers. You registered today to claim rivers. Stop being a fake angry

And Rivers is in South South not Eastern region. I mean Rivers state not river niger bridge grin

again you the thief, this is my primary handle registered in 2014, i got banned today. use your head, you criminal

https://www.nairaland.com/anticabal

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
chowlade:

can you stop peddling lies please, no igbo forgets his root and no they aren't natives of Ekiti, kwara,ondo, osun, lagos as long as there is still state of origin!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
willow0801:

can you stop peddling lies please, no igbo forgets his root and no they aren't natives of Ekiti, kwara,ondo, osun, lagos as long as there is still state of origin!
They have obtained d state of origin of d above mention states.
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
chowlade:

They have obtained d state of origin of d above mention states.

Please stop lying, also the second lie, you said they are in their millions, what kind of lie is that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by mulattoclaro(m): 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
willow0801:

Is tonye your thinking faculty? Why can't you think like a man that you are, rather than a kid. I trust tonye, he isn't filled with hate, mind you I say this, tonye is my brother and he is closer culturally, geographically to the igbos than edo, same as the efiks, ibibios, ogojas et al...I don't hide the truth, I don't let hate blind me, you better keep your nonsense to yourself, eshinwaju is ur brother and he is closer to you culturally, accept him, rather than let oil and south south feed your delusion
see this goat. Ondo and Edo produces more oil than the whole of SE. Why would I want to attach myself by force unlike you and your worthless tribes. Who's your brother? You must be very stupid to call ijaws, Ogonis, Efiks and Ibibios your brother. These people don't even like you. The only people you're closer to are ikwerres and aniomas who have over the years denied you. Go and bother about the ikwerres and aniomas that have openly rejected you over the years and stop forming familiarity here. Tonyebarcanista is only trying to give hope to the hopeless (Igbos) but for me I'll never do that. I'll always put you where you and your fellow tribesmen belong. A baboon is a better friend and brother than an igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Masterclass32: 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
Kai! This thread still dey go? Such love and bile mixed up in a rather strange way.

Igbo have become so famous on this forum. Folks make it look like Igbo is the only tribe in Nigeria.

Abeg, we need to 'diversify'. Let's try and discuss other tribes for a change (if we must discuss tribes) and give the Igbos a break.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by mrsuccessful(m): 10:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
tuale4u my man, is very funny how the Igbos Have directed their anger towards us from south south because we rejected Biafra....

well if we want to form a new nation we should seat down and talk, make concrete constitution that will be okay for all, not just drawing some crazy map and disrespecting our self Identity

Proudly Ikwerre
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by chiefobdk(m): 12:05am On Jan 01, 2016
At the end of the war, the Ukpabi Asika regime brought together these Biafran scientists and set up PRODA. The initiative led, in the first five years between 1970-1975 under the late Prof. Gordian Ezekwe and Mang Ndukwe, to designs of industrial machinery models and prototypes for the East Central State Industrial Masterplan, which remain undeveloped even today. The Murtala/Obasanjo regime took over PRODA in 1975 by decree, starved it of funds, and basically destroyed its aims. Secondly, Federal government policies centralized all potentials for innovation and entrepreneurship. Before 1983, states had their Ministries of Trade and Industry. These were charged with local business registration, trade, and investment promotion, and so on. But today in Nigeria, if you wish to do any business, you'd have to go to Abuja (it used to be Lagos) to register under the Corporate Affairs Commission. It used t be that local business registration were state and municipal functions. The concentration of the leverage for trade utterly limited Igbo entrepreneurs, particularly in the era of import licensing, once your quota was exhausted, you could not do business. This affected the old Igbo money in Aba and Onitsha, who were the arrow-heads of innovation and traditional partners in the advance of Igbo industrial economy. It is remarkable that as at 1985, a least by a book published by the Oxford Economist Tom Forrest in 1980, The Advance of African Capital, the Igbo had the highest investment in machine tools industries in all of Africa, and the highest depth of investment in Rural, cottage industries. In his prediction in 1980, if that rate of investment continued, according to Forrest in 1980, the Igbo part of Africa would accomplish an industrial revolution by 1987. Now, by 1983/85, Federal government policies helped to dismantle the growth of indigenous Igbo Industry through its targeted national economic policies. As I have said, there is a corollary between industrial development and innovation. Thirdly, the severe, strategic staunching of huge capital in-flow into the East starved Igbo businesses and institutions of the capacity to utilize or even expand their capacities. There were no strategic Federal Capital projects in the East. There were no huge infrastructural investments in the East. The last major Federal government investment in Igbo land was the Niger Bridge which was commissioned in 1966. Any region starved of government funds experiences catatony and attrition. Private capital is often not enough to create the kind of synergy necessary for innovation. Rather than invest in the East, from 1970 to date, the Federal government has strategically closed down every capacity for technological advancement in the East and stripped that region of its capacity. By 1966, the Eastern Nigerian Gas masterplan had been completed under Okpara. But in its review of a Nigeria gas masterplan, the Federal government strategically circumvented the East. Oil and Gas are under Federal oversight. The Trans-Amadi to Aba Industrial Gas network/linkage had been completed in 1966, to pipe gas from Port-Harcourt to Aba. The Federal government let that go into abeyance and uprooted the already reticulated pipes. The East was denied access to energy with the destruction of the Power stations during the war. The Mbakwe government sought to remedy this by embarking on two highly critical area of investment necessary for industrial life: the 5 Zonal water projects, which were 75 completed by 1983, and set for commissioning in 1984, which was to supply clean water for domestic and industrial use to all parts of the old Imo state, and the Amaraku and Izombe Power stations, under the Imo Rural Electrification Project. These were the first ever massive independent power projects ever carried out by any state government in Nigeria which would have made significant part of Igbo land energy independent today. The supply of daily electricity was possible in Imo as at 1984. [b] The Amaraku station had come on stream, and the Izombe Gas station was underway, when Buhari and his men struck. Ground had already been acquired and cleared on the Umuahia- Okigwe road to commence work by the South Korean Auto firm, Hyundai, under a partnership with Imo for the Hyundai Assembly plant in Umuahia, to cater to a West African market. The first order of business under the Buhari government in January 1984, was to declare all that investment by Mbakwe "white elephant projects." They were abandoned, and left to decay. The equipment at the Amaraku power station was later sold in parts by Joe Aneke during Abacha's government. Some of the industries like the Paint and Resins company, and the Aluminium Extrusion plant in Inyishi were privatized, and sold. Projects like the massive Ezinachi Clay & Brick works at Okigwe are at various stages of decay, as memorial to all that effort. 4thly, You may not remember but Odumegwu Ojukwu founded and opened the first Nigerian University of Technology - the University of Technology Port-Harcourt in 1967, under the leadership of prof. Kenneth Dike. He had also compelled Shell to establish the First Petroleum Technology Training Institute in Port-Harcourt in 1966. All these were dismantled. The PTI was take from Port- Harcourt to Warri, while University of Tech, P/H was reduced to a campus of UNN, until 1975, when it became Uniport. You will recall that for years, up till 1981, the only institutions of higher learning in Central Eastern Nigeria were the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, IMT Enugu and Alvan Ikoku College of Ed, in Owerri. There is no innovation without centers of strategic research. Mbakwe and Jim Nwobodo changed all that in 1981, when they pushed through their various states Assembly, the bills establishing the old Anambra State Univ. of Tech (ASUTHECH), under the presidency of Kenneth Dike, and the IMOSU with its five campuses under the presidency of Prof MJC Echeruo. The masterplan for these universities as epicenters of research and innovation in the East were effectively grounded with the second coming of the military in 1984, and the dimunition of their mission through underfunding, etc. As I have said, I have given you the very short version. After a brief glimpse of light between 1979-83, Igbo land witnessed the highest form of attrition from 1983- date, and the destruction of the efforts of its public leadership to restore it to its feet has been strategic. Some have been intimidated, and the Igbo themselves have grown very cynical from that experience of deep alienation from Nigeria. I think you should be a little less cynical of Igbo attempts to re-situate themselves in the Nigerian federation: starved of funds, starved of investments, subjected to regulatory strictures from a powerful central government which sees the East in adversarial terms, and often threatened, the Igbo themselves grew cynical of it all. You may recall, the first move by the governors of the former Eastern Region to meet under the aegis of the old Eastern Region's Governors Conference in 1999, was basically checkmated by Obasanjo who threatened them after they called for confederation in response to the Sharia issue in the North. Their attempts to establish liaison offices in Enugu and create a regional partnership was considered very threatening by the federal government under Obasanjo, that not too long after, they abandoned that move, and that was it. If people cannot be allowed to organize for the good of their constituents, then it only means one thing: it is not in the interest of certain vested interests in Nigeria for a return of a common ground in the Eastern part of Nigeria because establishing that kind of common ground threatens the balance of power. It is even immaterial if such a common ground leads to Nigeria's ultimate benefit. There are people who just find the idea of a common, progressive partnership of the old Eastern Region threatening to their own long term interests. This is precisely what is going on - its undercurrent. This of course cannot be permitted to go on forever. A generation arises which often says, "No! in Thunder." Igbo population is quite huge, and people who truly know understand that the Igbo constitute the single largest ethnic nation in Nigeria. Much has been made about how this so-called "small" Igbo land space could accommodate the vast Igbo population. But People also forget that Igbo land accommodated Igbo who fled from everywhere else in 1967. So, the question of whether Igbo land is large enough to contain the Igbo is a non- issue. In any case, Biafra is not only the land of the Igbo. It goes far beyond Igbo land. But even for the sake of building scenarios, we stick to Igbo land alone - the great Igbo cities of Enugu, Port-Harcourt, Owerri, Aba, Onitsha, Asaba, Abakiliki, Umuahia, Awka and Onitsha are yet to be reach even 30% of their capacities. New arteries can be built, facilities expanded; there are innovative ways of moving populations through new transportation platforms -underneath, above, on the surface, and by waterways. The East of Nigeria has one of the most complex and connected, and largely disused system of natural river waterways in the world. New, ecologically habitable towns can be expanded to form new cities from the Grade A Townships - Agbor, Obiaruku, Aboh, Oguta, Mgbidi, Orlu, Ihiala, Amawbia/ Ekwuluobia, Elele/Ahoada, Owerrinta, Bonny, Asa, Arochukwu, Afikpo, Okigwe, and so on. The Igbo will be fine. The Japanese and the Dutch, for example, have proved that there are innovative ways of using constricted space. As for the economy: it is supply and demand. New economic policies will integrated Igbo economy to the central west African and West African Markets. The Igbo will create a new vast export network, unhindered by idiotic economic and foreign policies. The re-activation of the PH port systems will for e.g. open the closed economic corridor once and for all to global trade. As anybody knows, it might take a fast train no more than 45 minutes to move goods from the Warri or Sapele ports to Aba and even in less time to Onitsha. As Diette Spiff once observed while playing golf at Oguta, all it would take to connect Warri and Oguta is just a long bridge, and the vast economic movement will commence between Warri and its traditional trading areas of Onitsha and the rest of the East. The quantum of economic activity will see the growth of that corridor between Aba- Oguta- Obiaruku down to Warri as the crow flies. The impact of trade between the Calabar ports and Aba will explode. In fact, the old trading stations along the Qua- Iboe River (the Cross River) at Arochukwu, Afikpo, down to Oron and Mamfe in the Cameroons will explode and create new prosperity and new opportunities. I am giving the short version. So, the Igbo will be alright. They would simply be just able to define their own development strategies, deploy their highly trained manpower currently wasting unutilized, and the basis of its vast middle class will create new consumers, and generate an internal energy that will thrive on Igbo innovation, industry, and know-how, which Nigeria currently suppresses. This is exactly one very possible scenario. (Quote ) ( Report ) (Like ) ( Share) Re: A Fierce Reply To Buhari Question What Do The Igbos Want by Demburrows ( m ): 2:00pm On Dec 31 , 2015 So, Tanko Yakassi is wrong. May be if the Igbo leave Kano, the Emir will no longer need to buy his bulb from an Igbo trader in Kano. He will have to buy it either from an Hausa, a Fulani, a Lebanese, or some such person. But those will have to come to Igbo land to buy it first before selling to the Emir. There was a time when all of West Africa came to Onitsha or Aba to buy and trade because it was safe, and those cities were the largest market emporia in the continent. People came from as far aways as the Congo to buy stuff in Aba and sell in the Congo. It could happen again, only this time on a vaster, more controlled scale. The network of Igbo global trade will not stop if they left Nigeria. In fact, they will have more access to an indigenous credit system that would expand that trade, currently unobtainable and unavailable today to them, because Nigeria makes it impossible for Igbo business to grow through all kinds of restrictions strategically imposed on it, including port restrictions. However, although I do think that the Igbo would do quite well alone, they could do a lot better with Nigeria, if the conditions are right. This agitation is for the conditions to be made right; for Nigeria and its political and economic policies to stop being a wedge on Igbo aspirations. And Igbo aspiration is quite simple: to match the rest of the developed world inch by every inch, and not to be held down by the Nigerian millstone of corruption, inefficiency, and inferiority. The Igbo think that control of their public policies on education, research and innovation, economic and monetary policies, and recruitment, control and deployment of its own work force both in public and private sectors will give them the leverage they need to build a coherent and civilized society. They point to the example of Biafra, where under three years, they were making their own rockets and calculating its distances; distilling their own oil and making aviation fuel, creating in their Chemical and Biological laboratories, new cures for diseases like Cholera, shaping their own spare parts, and turning the entire East into a vast workshop, as Ojukwu put it, while Nigeria was busy doing owambe, importing even toothpick, and creating new wartime millionaires from corrupt contracting systems by a powerful oligopoly. It is a fallacy much driven by ignorance that Igbo will not thrive and that Igbo land will not accommodate Igbo population if they leave. That is not true. There is no scientific basis for it. The dynamics of human movement will take great care of all that. It s a lame excuse. What people who wish for Nigeria to stay together should do is not to make such puerile statements, because it is meaningless. What we should all do is to find the strategic means of containing Igbo discontent by LISTENING to the Igbo, and seeking peaceful and productive ways of fully freeing their energy to instigate growth both of themselves and of Nigeria withun Nigeria for everyone's benefit. Threatening them will not work. It has never worked, and it is important to understand a bit of Igbo cultural psychology: the more you threaten him, the more the Igbo person digs in very stubbornly. Igbo, with a long tradition of diplomacy, thrive on consensus not on threat of the use of force, or the like. Frankly, those who continue to think that the Igbo have no options are yet to understand the complexity of this movement as we speak. They still look at the surface of events while the train is revving and about to leave the station. We need to work very carefully on this issue. I myself, I prefer Nigeria. I like its color of many peoples and cultures. That in itself is the very condition for growth and regeneration. A single Igbo nation may be more prosperous, but will be less interesting, and that is the more valid argument. Written by: prof. Obi Nwakanma

https://www.nairaland.com/2834110/fierce-reply-buhari-question-what
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by chiefobdk(m): 12:08am On Jan 01, 2016
mulattoclaro:
see this goat. Ondo and Edo produces more oil than the whole of SE. Why would I want to attach myself by force unlike you and your worthless tribes. Who's your brother? You must be very stupid to call ijaws, Ogonis, Efiks and Ibibios your brother. These people don't even like you. The only people you're closer to are ikwerres and aniomas who have over the years denied you. Go and bother about the ikwerres and aniomas that have openly rejected you over the years and stop forming familiarity here. Tonyebarcanista is only trying to give hope to the hopeless (Igbos) but for me I'll never do that. I'll always put you where you and your fellow tribesmen belong. A baboon is a better friend and brother than an igbo man.

are u back from Canada
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by CltrAltDel: 1:06am On Jan 01, 2016
willow0801:

Brother, I mentioned the igbos and her brothers, I also mentioned the old eastern region, so dont think its an igbo affair, I think the reason why igbos are always mentioned is because they were affected greatly, even more than any ethnic group in the old eastern region. It is on record that before the war, igbos were known to be very wealthy.
Lol. ..and other tribes are known to be very poor......gosh see pride
This una chest beating is una najor problem. ...igbos were known to be very wealthy indeed grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by CltrAltDel: 1:10am On Jan 01, 2016
mulattoclaro:
Dt guy is just displaying his stupidity in public. ...though I am enjoying it grin grin
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by nedu666: 1:20am On Jan 01, 2016
every where an ibo man goes haters are abound. imagine the no of thread opened on ibos. to the extent after a 2hr presidential chat most of the thread opened centered on ipob and kanu. none on the economy, security situation nothing just the last minutes when pmb panicked, lost composure because of ibos. I tell u if you are nothing nobody will talk about you. ibos are too much. haters can go and masturbate and ejaculate
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 01, 2016
itunu8:

That's just one man out of many. I agree some claim ibo identity although i have seen and read more people denounce it.. No problem let them claim and the one that denounces it ... Let them be. Its very simple . live and let live, everyone should stop trying to prove something. All this argument, opinions, threads and counterthreads everyday about same issue has gone overboard and its sickening. For God sakes this people are not objects. You leave them alone and let them claim what they want that's my whole point. I don't care if they are ibo's or not cos to me all of una na d same thing but please stop objectifying this people.

Thanks for being mature in your responses cos me no like insults cheesy cheesy happynew year to u too
Once again .. Peace

Thank u
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 2:16am On Jan 01, 2016
willow0801:

I understand but sometimes we have to accept that there is truly a problem, the call for biafra is not out of hate for other ethnic group but out of systematic marginalisation and it will be unfair for the igbos to struggle for biafra without the ijaws , ibibios, ogojas, efiks and other ethnic group in the old eastern region, one thing I know for sure is that it is not about oil but development. If this country can remove ethnic sentiments, quota system , and the unitary system most importantly, watch as the igbos embrace nigeria with both hands.

IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu is d cause of dis anger from South South. MASSOB has been there b4 IPOB. D leader Uwazurike has been arrested several times in this country. When u listen to MASSOB speak they were not distorting history to make south south Join Biafra. Nnamdi Kanu on d other hand waz distorting history and spewing trash. Insulting everybody who dont agree with him.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by SUBWAY101(m): 2:57am On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

You are the shameless man here. Come to oyigbo with your ugly tribal marks and draw our boundaries na. ndi ara!

M.oronic cocaine pusher, You are a shameless akpu man, cowardice wont make you admit. You can only deceive your fellow product of baby factory...oloribu omo ale.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by mikolo80: 5:27am On Jan 01, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Nice try @op but I have one question for you;

Marriage na by force?
for better for worse abi una no de swear for una church
he who God have joined let no man put asunder
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by anticabal1: 6:43am On Jan 01, 2016
SUBWAY101:

M.oronic cocaine pusher, You are a shameless akpu man, cowardice wont make you admit. You can only deceive your fellow product of baby factory...oloribu omo ale.

Land thieves
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 01, 2016
msss:

IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu is d cause of dis anger from South South. MASSOB has been there b4 IPOB. D leader Uwazurike has been arrested several times in this country. When u listen to MASSOB speak they were not distorting history to make south south Join Biafra. Nnamdi Kanu on d other hand waz distorting history and spewing trash. Insulting everybody who dont agree with him.
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by ogmaskman: 9:04am On Jan 01, 2016
EasternActivist:
So now you are trying to tell us that I[b]gbo's are now the only people that should make the SE[/b]?
And you also are saying they ought to be 3state and not 5 or 6?
Wow!! I will say you are very delusional and only people of your mindset will come and feed on your lies.

While I wait for your thread to be countered.

I will like to say on the following fact, someone take note as it may help him or her get the basics.

1) Igbo's are not the only ethnic group in SE
2) SE is a region and never an ethnic group.
3) some states can be reoriented into other existing region as you have seen in the case of delta and Edo, they have been Midwest but was later lumped into SS.
4. Cross-river is more east than it is south, if need be part of cross river can be split to make up the 6 States of the present SE region. While calabar will remain regarded as being in SS
5. Regions must not split itself to create manageable States.
6. Part of an existing States from another region can make up another region as was done in kwara state.
7. If SE region is mid SE then rivers state should be part of the region without bias.

With more observation and investigation I can go on and on

Meanwhile, With this limited fact shown above, I will authoritatively say that SE region is still being marginalised in terms of state creation.

Also saying that a lifespan of road in SE region is low to compare to any other region when equal attention is given to it, is the height of hypocrisy, mediocrity and hence a baseless fact that can never be justified.

If you are sure of this, then let the number of roads being rehabilitated in northern region be applied same to SE region let's see how region will fair less than the other region.

SE has little or no federal presence in her roads that's a fact. And SE doesn't end in Onitsha or Anambra other hinterlands are also involved.

I rest my unreserved case.

At the bolded, it shows you ddnt read his post befor commenting. Or maybe you read it but ddnt understand it. Pls go back and read it till you understand what he wrote then come back and post ur comments. Tnk me later bro.
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by SUBWAY101(m): 9:13am On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

Land thieves

Shameless scam artist. Spit on your flat head
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by anticabal1: 9:15am On Jan 01, 2016
SUBWAY101:

Shameless scam artist. Spit on your flat head
who send u? commot abeg!
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by SUBWAY101(m): 9:15am On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

who send u? commot abeg!

Go end your pathetic life, smelly coward.
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by anticabal1: 9:24am On Jan 01, 2016
SUBWAY101:

Go end your pathetic life, smelly coward.

But why u mumu like dis?
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by StOla: 10:53am On Jan 01, 2016
tuale4u:
There has been a lot of shout of marginalisation by South East part of Nigeria since after May 29th, 2015. This is a lie that have been said too long which is now looking like true because others have refused to come out and correct this big lie. I will like to address most of the points use in spreading this lie. What we have in Nigeria is tribal competition and not Marginalisation.

1. They Claim Igbo need to score like 70% while the North need to score 5% to gain admission to Federal govt Secondary School

This point is highly flawed. First of all, the requirement of high cut off mark for admission in Federal govt Secondary School is not limited to South East. South west (Yoruba) and South South also require high cut off to gain same admission. This in itself is not marginalization. This in itself is an inclusion policy in order to ensure the educational weak North still have access to Federal govt College. Despite the cut off differences, South east, south west and south south still dominate the federal govt colleges admission. I believe it would have been marginalisation if we subject the north to the the same cut off as us in the south. Because they would not have been able to compete because they are weak in educational capacity. Policy of inclusion and diversity is a global practice. Multinationals companies are compelled to include people of all race, disability, religion, sexual orientation and gender in their workforce. This is a United Nation mandate. This means there is a minimum percentage of a group of people that must be in the workforce even if there are more capable people in another group to fill up the space. A society that have no space for the weak is not a fair and just society.

2. The North dominate Federal Civil Service due to quota system

This is another big lie. It has been proven than Imo State has the highest number of federal civil servant followed by Ogun state in Nigeria. By geopolitical zone, south west has the highest, followed by south south in second position and south east in third position. The three northern geopolitical zone are the bottom three. The only thing I may agree with is that some northerners may have risen faster than some of their southern colleagues. However this has been highly corrected in the last 16 years of Democracy. In the last 16years the South has been in Position of President for 13years and the North 3years. As at May 29th, 2015 there were more permanent secretaries of southern origin than northerners. Currently the head of civil service is a southern woman from Cross river State.

3. Federal road in South east are bad because of marginalization.

This is another lie. Marginalization is not responsible for bad state of south east federal road. Two factors are responsible. Soil type and corruption. In the last 16years almost all the ministers of work have been from south south. From Tony Anenih, to odion Ugbesia to Mike Onolimemhen. Who among this people will want to marginalised south east? To bring my point home on the issue of soil type and corruption, Onitsha -Owerri road was completed less than 8years ago, today the road is already dilapidated. if you spend the same money used for that road in a northern road, it will last 20years or more. Instead of the contractors to do the road by putting the soil type into consideration, because of corruption the roads are poorly done and money are pocketed. If you go and find out who the contractors are you will discover that there are a lot of southerners involve in sharing the money.

4. South east is marginalized because of Unemployment and poverty
This is another twisted statement. I believe there are more poverty and unemployment in the North than in the South. The truth is that unemployment in Nigeria is a national problem. There is poverty everywhere in Nigeria. Unemployed youth are all over the country.

5. There are more northerners in NNPC than Southerners
This is another big lie. There are no more northerners in NNPC. Actually there are slightly more southerners in NNPC. NNPC usually recruit many of their staffs by quota system. Today we have 19 northern states and 17 southern state. This will make it appear you will have slighty more northerners. This may be true before 1999. But since Gaus Obaseki from Edo state became NNPC GMD, he changed the recruitment structure. While about 60% of recruitment are still base on quota system, about 40% are base on merit. This has greatly changed the statistics of NNPC staffs. And also in general in the Oil and gas industries, more than 70% of the staffs are southerners. Yoruba and Igbo dominate the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. Those of us from south south even feel marginalized by Yoruba and Igbo when it come to oil and gas Job

6. South east is marginalised because they have five(5) states while others have six (6) states.
This is more of political competition than marginalization. About 13 Northern states each are bigger in size than all the South East states combined. Kogi state is the 13th biggest state in Nigeria. Kogi State size is 29833km sq. If you add up the size of all the south east state it is 29095km sq. Thus the whole south east combined is approximately the same size with Oyo State, the 14th biggest state in Nigeria. The whole of south east is one-third of South south. The argument mostly put forward by Igbo on this topic is that state should be shared by population only and size should not be considered. With the small size of south east in relative to other region, south east is suppose to have maximum of 3 states. It is the consideration of the population and their political strength that makes it 5 states. I believe the population has been strongly considered.

7. Igbo Presidency
This is another area where you hear plenty lie on marginalization propanganda. In other to fully discuss this issue we need to look at Nigeria history briefly. In the beginning of Independence in 1960, Nigeria politics was dominated by Igbo and Hausa/Fulani. The Yoruba were the one who were playing Opposition. From 1960 to 1966 before the first coup, Nigeria federal govt was more Hausa and Igbo government at the centre. While Tafawa balewa was prime minister , Nnamdi Azikiwe was President (though ceremonial but he was number one citizen of the country). Then came the first coup which made Igbo man the First Military head of State of Nigeria. After that, it became from one coup to another which was dominated by the North. This in itself was not marginalization. It was simply dog eat dog affair and purely military affair and power struggle. Then came democracy in 1979 to 1983, this again became Hausa and Igbo government. Yoruba was now the opposition. after that came coup. Yes the military govt became northern dominated. but I cant call it marginalization because this were simply power struggle among opportunist. Then came 1999 and democracy. There was a kind of gentleman agreement or understanding of power sharing from south to North. We must understand that the power sharing was not by geopolitical zone but by region. Obasanjo who is from south did 8 years, the govt moved to North in the name of Yar adua. from North it came to south through Jonathan who did approximately 6 years. From Jonathan it went to the North through Buhari. If Buhari do his 8 years it will come to the South again in 2023. This in itself have been very fair and just. Nigeria democracy from 1999 has been fair to both North and South. By 2023, South East need to play the right politics for them to get presidency in 2023. Because 2023 presidency is for the south not for the south east. As far as the Northern part of Nigeria is concern, 2023 should be southern presidency. The truth is that South East, South West and South South will compete for it. Nobody will just give you the presidency just like that without you playing the right politics. If Igbo continue to make almost every other part of Nigeria their enemy, south south or south west will get 2023 presidency. Should South west or South South win 2023 presidency nobody can call it marginalization. It is the same Igbo that are claiming marginalization who are Supporting Wike an Ikwrere man in Rivers state. From Omehia, to Amaechi to Wike are all Ikwerre. Yet the greatest supporters of Wike are Igbo in rivers state. This is one big hippocracy. Just as I said, losing in a political competition is not marginalization. Wike (upland) winning dakuku (riverine) is not marginalization but political competition.

In summary, there is only one form of marginalization in Nigeria. That is the marginalization of the masses by the political class. Where the political class eat fat while the masses are left to die in squalor.

QED!
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by homosapien(m): 11:28am On Jan 01, 2016
willow0801:

Brother, thanks. Nigeria is full of hypocrisy, watch as the yorubas bring up lies upon lies to debunk our claims. No wonder igbos hate them and i dont blame them.
What does Yoruba's need Igbo's love for? Please shower that love to leaders especially kanu.
Re: Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. by homosapien(m): 11:51am On Jan 01, 2016
homosapien:
What does Yoruba's need Igbo's love for? Please shower that love to your leaders especially kanu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pen Robbery: A Societal Evil / COVID-19: El-Rufai In Self-Isolation Again As Close Contacts Test Positive / CJN Hails Osinbajo Over Financial Autonomy For Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.