Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,260 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Ban On Naira Atm - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ban On Naira Atm (3163 Views)

Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank / CBN Insists It Won’t Reverse Restriction On Naira ATM Card Abroad / International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ban On Naira Atm by kendo55: 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
Please gurus in the house enlighten me, what's our faith with PayPal transaction, and conecting our visa cards with PayPal for online purchase
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by jbcul4ril(m): 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
We should simply forget about shopping abroad and patronize made in Nigeria product. We must work as a Nation to to be self sufficient by consuming and exporting what we produce. Enough of these foreign transactions

1 Like

Re: Ban On Naira Atm by godoluwa(m): 7:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
jbcul4ril:
We should simply forget about shopping abroad and patronize made in Nigeria product. We must work as a Nation to to be self sufficient by consuming and exporting what we produce. Enough of these foreign transactions
it is easier said than done. what do u expect to be the fate of those that work online?

1 Like

Re: Ban On Naira Atm by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
I can help you pay for anything online in any currency at a rate of 238. Just let me knw.

Strahovski.z@gmail.com

In other news.. gtbank naira Mastercard will still work. Fidelity Bank will work. Access bank will work.

You guys should make your own findings not taking one news and holding it.
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
jbcul4ril:

What about those whose business are online based such as Web hosting providers? How would they make payment for their server rental?
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by YoungExec: 11:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
Forcing the population to patronize made in Nigeria products is not something that can be enforced overnight. the economy must have enabling room for manufacturing / production. Issues that raise the cost of production such as Power, Credit etc have to be worked on. I know a factory currently paying a Disco 1.7M per month as Power bill. Yet they still spend an average of 750k on their generators per month for backup power when the Grid power fails.
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by kendo55: 4:56am On Jan 01, 2016
Strahovski:
I can help you pay for anything online in any currency at a rate of 238. Just let me knw.

Strahovski.z@gmail.com

In other news.. gtbank naira Mastercard will still work. Fidelity Bank will work. Access bank will work.

thanks for the info. If you could be faithful I will make payments though u. Most people are always not faithful
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by PLANETMARS(m): 7:32am On Jan 01, 2016
Strahovski:

Strahovski.z@gmail.com

b like u no sabi wetin b cbn,gtbank and all are under cbn so d rule applies to them
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by Humblega(m): 8:34am On Jan 01, 2016
PLANETMARS:
b like u no sabi wetin b cbn,gtbank and all are under cbn so d rule applies to them

May be he is from the "planet, mars" just like ur moniker
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by sluvy4tune(m): 9:07am On Jan 01, 2016
Got a mail yesterday from UBA that card will still work abroad

Still yet to test thou

1 Like

Re: Ban On Naira Atm by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 9:33am On Jan 01, 2016
sluvy4tune:
Got a mail yesterday from UBA that card will still work abroad

Still yet to test thou

Test and let's know was up.
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 01, 2016
PLANETMARS:

Mr man.. the policy was not a CBN law I have asked gtbank and they said their card would work. Who knows better than the bank themselves?

It was just some banks that decided to do it and other banks followed does not make it a cbn policy. Gtbank sent a mail saying the card limit is $1000 it dis not say it won't work

Fidelity sent a mail to clarify too. Theirs also would work.

I made payment today. undecided
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by Samcathe: 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
I just pray it works or we should be given another viable option to make payment
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by kendo55: 12:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
Strahovski:

Mr man.. the policy was not a CBN law I have asked gtbank and they said their card would work. Who knows better than the bank themselves?

It was just some banks that decided to do it and other banks followed does not make it a cbn policy. Gtbank sent a mail saying the card limit is $1000 it dis not say it won't work

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I APPRICIATE
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by Humblega(m): 12:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
Strahovski:

hoooo. i still believe, all will still cease with time. i made payment with my GTB mastercard today though.

let wait and see.
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
Humblega:

hoooo. i still believe, all will still cease with time. i made payment with my GTB mastercard today though.

let wait and see.

What was the rate u were charged per USD?
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by kendo55: 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
Update called diamond.

They said theirs is $150 limit per day.
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by kendo55: 12:51pm On Jan 01, 2016
Samcathe:
I just pray it works or we should be given another viable option to make payment
verified from some banks its working but with limit. Per day.
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by Humblega(m): 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
AFOLSNETWORKS:

What was the rate u were charged per USD?

Am yet to get message on amount deducted in Naira. They only sent to me that Naira equivalent of that dollar will be deducted.
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by godoluwa(m): 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
kendo55:
Update called diamond.

They said theirs is $150 limit per day.
Is it confirmed that diamond naira visa card can do dollar transactions? besides is there any special activation required b4 d card will function perfectly? thanks
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by koredex4love(m): 1:17pm On Jan 01, 2016
I was still thinking not all banks will go in direction with the policy.
According to the reports,it was stated that banks claimed they are getting short of dollars payment abroad.
Meanwhile ,it seems to be a survival of the fittest thing as banks who has branches in other country can still manipulate themselves.
But,we need to find a timely remedy because if this thrash is updated to all banks,na I'm be say unemployment go increase be that ooo,as I no a lot of families, that their only source of living is importing.
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by kendo55: 1:17pm On Jan 01, 2016
godoluwa:
Is it confirmed that diamond naira visa card can do dollar transactions? besides is there any special activation required b4 d card will function perfectly? thanks
according to their customer care, no special activation required.
Provided its visa card. You can make transaction via PayPal with $150 limit per day. For ATM withdrawals if your outside the country. Dubai, china, some asia countries, and all African countries are disabled only..
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by godoluwa(m): 1:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
kendo55:
according to their customer care, no special activation required.
Provided its visa card. You can make transaction via PayPal with $150 limit per day. For ATM withdrawals if your outside the country. Dubai, china, some asia countries, and all African countries are disabled only..
are you saying that I need to connect my card with paypal or I can use the card directly?
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by kendo55: 1:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
godoluwa:
are you saying that I need to connect my card with paypal or I can use the card directly?
you need to connect with PayPal to make transaction to those disabled countries. But you can only send fund or make payment of $150 maximum per day

1 Like

Re: Ban On Naira Atm by godoluwa(m): 1:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
kendo55:
you need to connect with PayPal to make transaction to those disabled countries. But you can only send fund or make payment of $150 maximum per day
if d payment is to uk merchant, do I still need to connect with paypal?
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by kendo55: 1:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
UK is not in the ban list according to them I don't think you need PayPal for transaction to UK.
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by modath(f): 2:35pm On Jan 01, 2016
Strahovski:

Strahovski.z@gmail.com

I'd really love to pay for some items on Amazon & Aliex through you , hope to have the same pleasant experience as i did with 2ndohio , that young man is the truth...

Stressfree & very very secure....
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by Samcathe: 5:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
kendo55:
verified from some banks its working but with limit. Per day.

good. Thats still fair
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by kendo55: 5:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
Samcathe:

good. Thats still fair
yeah
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by falad4u200: 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
with this new update on naira atm, i think you guys need to get your payoneer master card, if interested on how to get ur payoneer card approaved in just 2days. so as to use it in replace of naira master card, i got mine approaved in just 2days.
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by billchucks(m): 8:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
Step By Step Guide on How To Get Payoneer Master Card In Nigeria in 2016
Payoneer is an industry-leading global payout platform that simplifies the world of commerce by removing limitations that typically surrounds international commerce.

As a payout company, Payoneer works just like Paypal. It started its journey under the membership of MSP (Member Service Provider) MasterCard.

It gives you and I the opportunity to possess a free MasterCard (Debit Card) which is accepted worldwide for payments & transactions.

Payoneer came into being in 2005 and has its headquarter in New York. Its reliability as a payment platform has made it popular around the world as it is used in almost 200 countries.

In this guide, I will explain how you can obtain this card in Nigeria in order to receive online payment.
I will put this down in a step by step process so that you can quickly take action.
Why You Need Payoneer Master Card

As a Nigerian, you must be well aware of the restriction PayPal has placed on Nigeria. This has seriously handicapped Nigerians who are willing to carry out online transactions with other countries.

For example, you may have a product to sell but because you lack PayPal it becomes difficult for you to receive payment.

Or perhaps you need to get the latest WordPress theme, however, the inability to have a pay pal account makes it difficult to make online purchases.

These are some of the problems that Nigerian face and a major reason why you need to obtain the card.

You need the card because it allows Nigerians to make purchases online as well as to receive payment from other countries. The best part of it is that you can easily register for one and make money in the process.

The Step By Step Process of Obtaining Your Payoneer Card
There are several images so if you consider it necessary you can check the source: http://www.compellingadverts.com/2014/06/step-by-step-guide-on-how-to-get.html#.VobYyBayxze
Step#1. Visit Their Website source:
Re: Ban On Naira Atm by 2ndOhio: 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
modath:

I'd really love to pay for some items on Amazon & Aliex through you , hope to have the same pleasant experience as i did with 2ndohio , that young man is the truth...

Stressfree & very very secure....

Awwwn... Thank U.

Fantastic Customer I must confess.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moniepoint Pos / What Business Can One Start With 100k? / How To Make Money Running A Bar Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.