Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google (43895 Views)

Unadvertised IT Audit And Internal Control Officer Positions-urgent / Unadvertised Jobs You Need To Know About / Join KD Job Forum to Get Unadvertised Job Openings In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by Pebcak: 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
grin
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by Kbworld: 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
tnx op but not for Nigerian based jobs
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by Dreyl(m): 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nice one
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by sirstanley(m): 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
#JustAsking

Could this be a tactic employed by the operators of the taleo site to generate traffic on their site and thus money from ads?
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by unite4real: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
correct guy
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by just2endowed: 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
Interesting
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by faites(f): 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
Let me try it now n see how it works.
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by Chigorkizz(m): 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by bodeoni: 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
It can be used for Nigerian jobs too. Just add Nigeria Lagos to the search query to further narrow it down. Tried it with brassring.com and it gave me results from Nigeria. The results don't compare to that of the international scene but its worth a shot.
makeitsoon:
This is not for nigerian based jobs

The title should be: How To Find Unadvertised International Jobs Using Google
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by bodeoni: 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
It can be used for Nigerian jobs too. Just add Nigeria Lagos to the search query to further narrow it down. Tried it with brassring.com and it gave me results from Nigeria. The results don't compare to that of the international scene but its worth a shot.
Kbworld:
tnx op but not for Nigerian based jobs
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by ahbey(m): 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
How's this applicable to Nigerian Jobs....this is only if you are looking for international Jobs.
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by ogayor: 8:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
Cool
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by pitoski(m): 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
ITbomb:
Nigerian jobs? I doubt

it works even for Nigerian jobs especially NGOs. Know that NGOs employ virtually every field like Medical,engineering, social sciences, etc
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by wucheiyconsult(m): 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
This is indeed will go a long way. Tanx op and see u all in 2016.
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by wucheiyconsult(m): 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
This indeed will go a long way. Tanx op and see u all in 2016.
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by HARDDON: 8:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
bodeoni:
Most job openings at most companies go unadvertised—that is, they're posted on their site, but they're not farmed out to recruiters or posted on massive job boards. That also makes them harder to find. Thankfully, Google can do the job for you. Use these search strings to uncover matching gigs.

The market for new jobs is so competitive that most companies don't see a need to spend a ton of money hiring third-party recruiting firms or posting their jobs to the top of big job boards just to get candidates to apply. Between internal referral programs and word-of-mouth, posting a job to the company's "Careers" page is usually enough. To uncover those unadvertised openings, all you need is a little Google-fu. The folks at the Glassdoor Blog explain that all you need to do is cast your net over the major employee applicant tracking systems that companies use to post and manage responses to their job postings

Do you know what an applicant tracking system is? Wikipedia defines it as “a software application that enables the electronic handling of recruitment needs.” As a jobseeker, you refer to it as the electronic blackhole that eats up resumes. Specifically, it’s the system you interact with when you apply for a job on a company careers website. One of the more popular applicant tracking systems is produced by a company called “Taleo.”

With a little help from Google, you will be able to search company websites that are using the Taleo system. In this way, you will be able to find jobs that are not posted on (insert leading job board name here) and have an edge on your competition. Let me show you how.

In the Google search below, I am asking Google to look only on the Taleo.net website (where their system hosts various unadvertised jobs that are typically obtainable when a jobseeker does a search on a company’s careers website). I do this when I search: “site:taleo.net” Afterward, I ask Google to find only those webpages that have “careers” in the title. This is what “intitle:careers” means. Finally, I add in the job title “programmer” because that is the job I am looking for. Of course, just adding a job title is giving me too many broad results. I narrow it down by adding more keywords like “SAS” and “macro.”

In short, to search all sites using Taleo, for example:

site:taleo.net intitle:careers JOBTITLE OTHERIMPORTANTWORDS

Repeat the process for any other applicant tracking systems you know are in wide use, like Kenexa's BrassRing (brassring.com) for example.

Source: http://lifehacker.com/find-unadvertised-job-openings-with-a-clever-google-sea-1495871716

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 01, 2016
Nice update! But u for jjjust go straight to the point abi u been wan show say u sabi write essay?
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by MOORCHMOORE(m): 12:49am On Jan 01, 2016
bodeoni:
Most job openings at most companies go unadvertised—that is, they're posted on their site, but they're not farmed out to recruiters or posted on massive job boards. That also makes them harder to find. Thankfully, Google can do the job for you. Use these search strings to uncover matching gigs.

The market for new jobs is so competitive that most companies don't see a need to spend a ton of money hiring third-party recruiting firms or posting their jobs to the top of big job boards just to get candidates to apply. Between internal referral programs and word-of-mouth, posting a job to the company's "Careers" page is usually enough. To uncover those unadvertised openings, all you need is a little Google-fu. The folks at the Glassdoor Blog explain that all you need to do is cast your net over the major employee applicant tracking systems that companies use to post and manage responses to their job postings

Do you know what an applicant tracking system is? Wikipedia defines it as “a software application that enables the electronic handling of recruitment needs.” As a jobseeker, you refer to it as the electronic blackhole that eats up resumes. Specifically, it’s the system you interact with when you apply for a job on a company careers website. One of the more popular applicant tracking systems is produced by a company called “Taleo.”

With a little help from Google, you will be able to search company websites that are using the Taleo system. In this way, you will be able to find jobs that are not posted on (insert leading job board name here) and have an edge on your competition. Let me show you how.

In the Google search below, I am asking Google to look only on the Taleo.net website (where their system hosts various unadvertised jobs that are typically obtainable when a jobseeker does a search on a company’s careers website). I do this when I search: “site:taleo.net” Afterward, I ask Google to find only those webpages that have “careers” in the title. This is what “intitle:careers” means. Finally, I add in the job title “programmer” because that is the job I am looking for. Of course, just adding a job title is giving me too many broad results. I narrow it down by adding more keywords like “SAS” and “macro.”

Repeat the process for any other applicant tracking systems you know are in wide use, like Kenexa's BrassRing (brassring.com) for example.

Source: http://lifehacker.com/find-unadvertised-job-openings-with-a-clever-google-sea-1495871716

Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by MightyFortress: 2:08am On Jan 01, 2016
Will Check it.
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by Nobody: 4:15am On Jan 01, 2016
Ok. Thanks
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by raphroye: 4:54am On Jan 01, 2016
well done
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by toygod2: 7:40am On Jan 01, 2016
Follow
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by professore(m): 9:10am On Jan 01, 2016
This is informative
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by agentakins: 11:53am On Jan 01, 2016
cryptocurrency is a lifetime investment. It is an investment that can earn you much profit every week for life. This is not a HYIP program. A lot of Nigerians and foreigners are into it. Most nairalanders are also benefitting from it. There is a WhatsApp group for all nairalanders doing it. The truth is that no other business can be as lucrative as mining of crypto currencies. The secret is finding the right one in its early stages. I must also emphasis that this is not a get-rich-quick business that many Nigerians are looking for. It is not also invest nothing and make thousands type of business too. You can request for the FREE INFO by sending a blank mail to engrolu@gmail.com, it is free to join.
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by lilreese: 2:52pm On Jan 01, 2016
Only for yankee
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by tonymorris: 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
bodeoni:

good work op but one simple flaw how can we make our search specific to nigerian companies
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by Herapal(m): 7:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
Teewhy2:
The Internet is more of a blessing than a curse to the human race, you are left with the option to choose what you want from it.

Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for voting for my baby in the #CussonsBabyMoments . If you are yet to vote just click on this link
https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details/578. To do so. We appreciate your votes and still need over 1000 votes to win. Kindly share to others to vote as well
Thanks, if you no cast your vote for her and you ignore, wetin you gain
What is her name?
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by bosunjohns(m): 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
bodeoni:

1 Like

Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by praisegift(f): 11:25am On May 15, 2016
thnks.
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by dprince042(m): 5:00am On Jun 16, 2016
[size=18pt]Thanks for that information cool cool[/size]
Re: How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google by Charlieubochi: 10:17am On Apr 20, 2017
PROGRAMME OFFICER

PMC LTD is a Canadian based NGO with offices in Africa,we partner with SAB (Scientific Advisory Board) and ACDC (American Center for Disease Control). We are currently searching for vibrant,intelligent and energetic youths in Nigeria to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. PMC LTD works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on poverty eradication, Community Health and, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender equity.

BASIC INCENTIVES

* Every successful candidate after the screening exercise will be trained if qualified the candidate will be eligible for an international training in either South Africa, Dubai, or California
* Each candidate during the training will receive monthly bonuses after which will be placed on a progressive salary, with various allowances .
* Successful candidates will enjoy time flexibility during and after the training exercise

About the Role.

Every candidate will pass through a written and oral interview session after which each successful candidate will be trained courtesy of SAB and ACDC. This training empowers the individual to live beyond poverty and create lasting wealth through people management regardless of gender, age or other dimension of diversity .

JOB REQUIREMENTS

MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:

1 year

MIN QUALIFICATION:

Bachelor's Degree/HND

DESIRED COURSES:

Not Specified

Rivers State. (Surrounding States also acceptable)

OTHER REQUIREMENTS:

About You

You must have a 1st degree in Social Science or development related field with at least 1 year experience with a local or an international based NGO as well as strong writing, analytical and documentation skills.
A good knowledge of programme management, financial controls and procedures as well as direct experience of developing partners capacity is an added advantage.

Further information

This role requires applicants to work in the state where this position is based.

We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.

You can expect a wide range of rewards, benefits,and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.

Competency questions

As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:

Build partnerships

Tell us about a time when you were proactive in taking on new and additional work to achieve a team or organisational goal: What was the situation? What was the new/additional work? What was your task? What did you do? What was the outcome? What was the impact of what you did?

Communicate effectively

Give us an example of a time when you communicated something complex in a way that could be easily understood by others: What was the situation? What did you need to communicate effectively? How did you make sure the message was understood by others? What was the impact? How did you know you were successful?

Steward resources

Please tell us about a time when you were able to take action to end or reduce the inefficient use of resources: What was the context? What was expected of you? What action(s) did you take? What was the impact of your actions? In what way(s) were you successful?

Interested persons should pls forward their CV's to workforceng2016@gmail.com
And / call these numbers for enquiry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Total Oil And Gas, Young Graduate Program 2016. / What I Got On Boxing Day, Job Seekers Beware! / N-Power Beneficiaries In Peaceful Protest In Abuja: "Please Don't Send Us Back"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.