Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

I Saw This Dog Die - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Saw This Dog Die (42664 Views)

See 'Soldier' Butterfly I Saw In My House / What Name Will Best Suit This Dog? / Lost Dog - Who Knows This Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Saw This Dog Die by vicdamm(m): 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Yesterday i saw this cutie which had been maltreated, malnourished and rejected i got guys of like mind (my brothers) and we rescued him, fed him and gave him a warm bath he recovered and could stand and walk but kept vomiting cry he had no strength to eat so we had to use a syringe to give him liquid feed.
He got better around 12:30 midnight and played a little then he promised me that he would be strong and not die i was lying down on the floor to play with him so he gave me a promising peck before i went to sleep. I knelt down beside my bed and prayed that he would live but unfortunately, as my bro and i opened the door to greet him this morning he raised up his head to look at us as if he was waiting to say goodbye then he cried a little and stretched 3 tines after which it was finished. cry cry cry
Hmnn i stood there shocked for some minutes not knowing if i shld run m*d or not.
I am so angry right now and im going to find the wicked owner.

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by StPete: 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
embarassed embarassed embarassed reminds me of how my Ray (a Boerboel brindo) passed on. It was the most loyal dog I've ever had cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
Take heart bro, his/her last moments in your care meant a lot to him.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by missKiffy(f): 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
Wow, u must really be a dog lover to go tru all dis troubles to keep it alive

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by Houseofglam7(f): 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
Oh no!
My loyal Bruno comes to mind!

Losing a pet is traumatizing......still don't understand how they creep into our hearts and remain there for all time cry
I feel your pain bro.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by Magpies(m): 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
What area in lagos do you stay?
I can't keep imagining why dogs case fille keep piling in that place.

Take heart bruv

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by vicdamm(m): 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
Magpies:
What area in lagos do you stay?

I can't keep imagining why dogs case fille keep piling in that place.

Take heart bruv

They're not all from my area... Pple just know what i can do 4 a dog so they call me when they see such cases nd know im always ready to move.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by vicdamm(m): 12:00am On Jan 15, 2016
missKiffy:
Wow, u must really be a dog lover to go tru all dis troubles to keep it alive
Lolz... Just remembered how i would use my lunch money to feed street dogs back in primary school nd trust me those dogs were ready to protect me anytime #loyalcanine

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by Tylerdan(m): 2:04am On Jan 15, 2016
so sorry vic this really hurts

2 Likes

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by xreal: 8:42am On Jan 15, 2016
so sorry.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by aAK1(m): 12:22am On Jan 18, 2016
From what I can see I think you killed this dog. You shouldn't have given it a bath yet. You should have fed it, medicated lt till it was strong enough before putting it in water

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by vicdamm(m): 9:14am On Jan 18, 2016
aAK1:
From what I can see I think you killed this dog. You shouldn't have given it a bath yet. You should have fed it, medicated lt till it was strong enough before putting it in water

Even the dogs smell was enough to kill a human as it was soaked in its own poo and urine

11 Likes

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by K9blunt(f): 8:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
vicdamm:

Even the dogs smell was enough to kill a human as it was soaked in its own poo and urine

Still you wouldve chilled for a bit before giving it a bath, water takes a lot of strength and the dog was weak so the bath shouldn't have been given it.

But the final momenta it had with you I would say really mattered to the dog before it passed on.

So sorry.

6 Likes

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by aAK1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 18, 2016
vicdamm:

I understand. Next time if this ever happens make sure you have a hand dryer. Make sure it really dry.its a very small dog and I strongly believe the cold added to its problem.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by Gee15: 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
What I observed was that you shouldn't have bathe the dog ,just a damp towel would have helped clean the dog ,the dog was cold after the bath.

2 Likes

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by vicdamm(m): 10:51am On Feb 05, 2016
aAK1:
I understand. Next time if this ever happens make sure you have a hand dryer. Make sure it really dry.its a very small dog and I strongly believe the cold added to its problem.
i used an hair dryer but thanks we all have learnt a lesson.

5 Likes

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by PIPsharingan(m): 11:37am On Feb 05, 2016
vicdamm:
Yesterday i saw this cutie which had been maltreated, malnourished and rejected i got guys of like mind (my brothers) and we rescued him, fed him and gave him a warm bath he recovered and could stand and walk but kept vomiting cry he had no strength to eat so we had to use a syringe to give him liquid feed.
He got better around 12:30 midnight and played a little then he promised me that he would be strong and not die i was lying down on the floor to play with him so he gave me a promising peck before i went to sleep. I knelt down beside my bed and prayed that he would live but unfortunately, as my bro and i opened the door to greet him this morning he raised up his head to look at us as if he was waiting to say goodbye then he cried a little and stretched 3 tines after which it was finished. cry cry cry
Hmnn i stood there shocked for some minutes not knowing if i shld run m*d or not.
I am so angry right now and im going to find the wicked owner.

Very sorry Vicdamm, you are indeed an angel, I am sure the pup's last few hours on earth were the best.

God bless

7 Likes

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
Good Riddance to a Mongrel lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by Timileyin008: 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
Ty
Re: I Saw This Dog Die by dejavubobo1(m): 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
Why did u bath it... u killed d dog. exposing it to cold over night without knowing the nature of sickness affecting it means death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by strawberryinc(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
Do u know what they call taking something that doesnt belong to you?.
Re: I Saw This Dog Die by AbdulAdam56(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
A
Re: I Saw This Dog Die by Bluezy13(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
Goodluck in your quest...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by E383: 7:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
Lol. Why do I find this shiiii funny? grin.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by kennyman2000(m): 7:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
Take heart bro.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by dammytosh: 7:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sad.

The thought of this ever happening to my dog made tears settle in my face. I love her so much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by iamhasan: 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
hey Jigar
Re: I Saw This Dog Die by iamhasan: 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
hey Jigar -w
Re: I Saw This Dog Die by iamhasan: 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
hey Jigar -wdasdas
Re: I Saw This Dog Die by sweatlana: 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
The easiest way to know a wicked person is how they treat animals.
No kind person will let a living creature suffer like this.
God bless u for your effort op

8 Likes

Re: I Saw This Dog Die by colossus2: 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Dog stories
Re: I Saw This Dog Die by brownlolly(m): 7:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
It probably died of parvovirus... Google it. the owner probably knew it was an almost hopeless situation. Only a few experienced dog owners can treat that illness.
Sorry about your loss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pet Dogs Dancing: Philippines Animal Advocate Shares Stunning Pictures / Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) / Meet Freedom My Pregnant Boerboel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.