Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

How I Was Almost Scammed Today - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How I Was Almost Scammed Today (534 Views)

How Ogienwonyi Of Started A Life Of Fraud That Scammed Nigerians Of N10 Billion / How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram / How I Was Scammed Due To My Greed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Almost Scammed Today by zikIPE: 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
So, today being new year's eve is a really special day in my family; Second only to christmas and my birthday. I was relaxing on my own, waiting for the new year to come to me so i could start calling everyone on my contact list. Then i got a text message saying that my ATM card had been deactivated due to my BVN registration. They asked me to call +2348148686849 in order to reactivate it. I knew it was a scam already but still wanted to follow it through(curious me).
When i called, he claimed to be a customer care representative at CBN. He asked me to get my ATM card while he boots up his system(probably to login to konga/jumia)and call out the numbers written on the front to him. Halfway through this step, i asked him "oboy, so you wan scam me??" and he was like I wan scam you?? (N/B: this guy is supposed to be a CBN customer care agent ooh). Then he said something in the local edo language and cut the call. Na so this people wan take me do new year sad sad
Lalasticlala seun , yo pepo sho come and chi com chin

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Today by HDee(m): 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
No enter one chance o
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Today by zikIPE: 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
UPDATE
i ran a facebook search on the guy's number and came up with other people he's tried to scam. I like the way that second guy thinks grin

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Today by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
These scammers are not smiling o, the bastards are hard at work daily. The sad part is some of their scams, although cheap, are well-perfected enough that if they were legitimate business tricks, would guarantee profit for businessmen.
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Today by zikIPE: 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
HDee:
No enter one chance o
oga mi, i no even get money for them to withdraw grin grin
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Today by HDee(m): 9:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
zikIPE:
oga mi, i no even get money for them to withdraw grin grin
lol

(1) (Reply)

Things You Can Do With 500 Nayesterday I Took A Girl Out On A Date And After Ira / Imagine What Marriage Means To These Great Men / BREAKING: Yobe Deputy Governor, Abubakar Ali, In Auto Crash In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.