Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,111 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) (5637 Views)

Davido's O.B.O , A Pundit's Opinion. Lets Have Urs. / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / The Game Vs Jay-z (d.o.a Aftermath) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by discconnected: 2:58am On Jun 13, 2009
KRS-One recently gave his opinion on some of Hip-Hop's hottest topics, including Jay-Z's Death of Autotune and Vibe Magazine Voting Eminem the Greatest Rapper of All-Time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCkwlNq8DY

KRS-One "Ask Eminem if he thinks he is the greatest MC of all-time"?
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Genuflect(m): 9:11am On Jun 13, 2009
Finally, a magazine to admit the truth! I totally agree with Vibe. KRS One should not talk sideways about Shady not like they could change the list.
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by bgees(m): 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2009
that was just an opinion poll and it means nothing. As a matter of fact ask eminem's guys like dr.dre and 50 cent if eminem is the greatest.
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Vuitton(m): 5:23pm On Jun 13, 2009
Vibe just lost their credibility if they actually gave it to Eminem
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Bamsyle(m): 3:55pm On Jun 14, 2009
grin grin grin

Crazy vid, KRS' got mad intelligence mehn . . . Vibe just wanna kill Em's career with that bullsh*t . . .

*Sauron you need to see this* grin grin

Em best alive?? Nah . . .

Nas ain't dead yet.
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Sauron1: 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2009
Bamsyle:

grin grin grin

Crazy vid, KRS' got mad intelligence mehn . . . Vibe just wanna kill Em's career with that bullsh*t . . .

*Sauron you need to see this* grin grin

Bam, VIBE magazine didn't just wake up to say Eminem is the best rapper out there. . . .
There was an online poll of 900,000 peops and Eminem won it with a landslide when pitted with Jigga-man.

If u listen to that clip, KRS-1 got it wrong with the way he was dissing Vibe.
Vibe did not manipulate the vote. If 900,000 peops(quite a chunky class size) feels Eminem is the greatest MC, then we gotta respect it.
The Source, XXL, Rolling Stone should do theirs and letz know the outcome.

In the ending credits, he said he RESPECTS Eminem and he should do his THING.
That is enough comfort for me.
I never knew a legend like KRS-ONE will one day say he respects a white rapper. grin
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Bamsyle(m): 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2009
Bam, VIBE magazine didn't just wake up to say Eminem is the best rapper out there. . . .
There was an online poll of 900,000 peops and Eminem won it with a landslide when pitted with Jigga-man. If u listen to that clip, KRS-1 got it wrong with the way he was dissing Vibe.
Vibe did not manipulate the vote. If 900,000 peops(quite a chunky class size) feels Eminem is the greatest MC, then we gotta respect it.
The Source, XXL, Rolling Stone should do theirs and letz know the outcome.

The peops who voted . . . who are they??

In the ending credits, he said he RESPECTS Eminem and he should do his THING.
That is enough comfort for me.
I never knew a legend like KRS-ONE will one day say he respects a white rapper.

KRS-One was being civil and you know it . . . he even said he ain't the kinda cat to talk down on him - does that not mean sumn??  grin grin

Personally, I'd have hated KRS if he dissed Eminem . . . we all know Em is dope but naming him the BRA is pushing it too far . . . he doesn't even come close to cats like Nas.
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Sauron1: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2009
Bamsyle:

The peops who voted . . . who are they??

They are Hip-Hop fans who have belatedly realised Jigga and Nas are garbage.
It was a landslide victory for Eminem . . . . . .

KRS-One was being civil and you know it . . . he even said he ain't the kinda cat to talk down on him - does that not mean sumn??  grin grin

Cos he knows his ass would get murked on record.
All Eminem needs is another dope beat from Alchemist.

Personally, I'd have hated KRS if he dissed Eminem . . . we all know Em is dope but naming him the BRA is pushing it too far . . . he doesn't even come close to cats like Nas.

Cats like Nas have faded off. . . . . . .Used to be great but now he is irrelevant.
Did u see KRS-ONE bigging up 3 AM in the morning?? Hahahaha
He was asking he wasn't sure Eminem wrote those verses himself. . . . .That's how powerful 3AM was.
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by MrCrackles(m): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

They are Hip-Hop fans who have belatedly realised Nas are garbage.

No real hip hop fan will claim N-A-S is garbage
Dont get carried away by the wankers who voted for Eminem on the VIBE magazine poll
Only Sauron will think N-A-S is crap and why? Because NAS is better than EMINEM
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Bamsyle(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2009
They are Hip-Hop fans who have belatedly realised Jigga and Nas are garbage.

Nah . . . they're fans of a strange genre of Music that's gradually creeping into Planet Earth . . . a genre of music that allows forced rhymes (rhymes without meaning/sense) . . . a genre that boasts of being closely related to Rap but ain't . . . a genre that's all about names-dropping and insulting celebrities to sell records . . . a genre that's all about sonics and no depth . . . they're fans of Hip Pop

Cos he knows his ass would get murked on record.
All Eminem needs is another dope beat from Alchemist.

KRS-One?? You must be mistaking him for Fred Durst and Sarah Palin . . . those are the dorks Eminem can cope with . . .

KRS was as candid in that interview as can be . . . within the confines of Civility . . . he's a gentleman . . . he said he'll never say anything derogatory about Em . . . I can imagine same question directed at 2pac or Fela Kuti . . . Eminem would be bathed with sh*t . . . grin grin

Cats like Nas have faded off. . . . . . .Used to be great but now he is irrelevant.
Did u see KRS-ONE bigging up 3 AM in the morning?? Hahahaha
He was asking he wasn't sure Eminem wrote those verses himself. . . . .That's how powerful 3AM was.

Nas' past is brighter than Eminem's future . . .

KRS-One was not bigging up that song . . . watch that interview again . . . he even said 50 coulda written that song for him . . . grin . . . in the next sentence, he says he ain't gonna say anything derogatory about Em . . . you're a Rap fan . . . you oughtta identify codes and irony . . .

Can you put 3AM in your List of Top 20 Eminem Songs??
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by dejiariyo: 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2009
we all know white pple are the ones who buy rap music now adays in america, cos its being poluted by the label companies, so who do u expect white pple to vote for?nas, nope, dr dre cant even say eminem is the g.o.a.t he will surely name ice cube before him.
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Sauron1: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2009
Bamsyle:

Nah . . . they're fans of a strange genre of Music that's gradually creeping into Planet Earth . . . a genre of music that allows forced rhymes (rhymes without meaning/sense) . . . a genre that boasts of being closely related to Rap but ain't . . . a genre that's all about names-dropping and insulting celebrities to sell records . . . a genre that's all about sonics and no depth . . . they're fans of Hip Pop

Then Soulja Boy or Lil Wayne shoulda won it if the voters were all dud like you claim.
With one mouth you say Eminem is great, with the same mouth you say Eminem forces his rhymes.
Which one should we go for? grin grin grin grin

KRS-One?? You must be mistaking him for Fred Durst and Sarah Palin . . . those are the dorks Eminem can cope with . . .
KRS was as candid in that interview as can be . . . within the confines of Civility . . . he's a gentleman . . . he said he'll never say anything derogatory about Em . . . I can imagine same question directed at 2pac or Fela Kuti . . . Eminem would be bathed with sh*t . . .  grin grin

And u think Eminem won't murk 2Pac??
2Pac as a rapper cannot even battle. . . . .He shouts and what would he say?
Reh reh reh, Eminem i f'ucked your wife and your mother. . . . .Bleep Dre/Aftermath. . . .I will eat your kids and make sure they don't grow??
Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Nas' past is brighter than Eminem's future . . .

Nas' past? Does he even have a credible past??
This nucca is broke. . . . .I remember him doing those Esco and Karl Kani commercials with his bucktooth.
Eminem's album sales alone = Nas' + Jigga's. grin grin grin grin
It's all about the Benjy'z and the street credibility(which Eminem has got from the Nuccas and the Caucasians).

KRS-One was not bigging up that song . . . watch that interview again . . . he even said 50 coulda written that song for him . . .  grin . . . in the next sentence, he says he ain't gonna say anything derogatory about Em . . . you're a Rap fan . . . you oughtta identify codes and irony . . .
Can you put 3AM in your List of Top 20 Eminem Songs??

3AM might just creep up in the list of top 20 Eminem songs.
It has a morbid feeling about it and the rhyme patterns are unique. . . . .it's new and very fresh.
As long as it generates sales and the song bridges the race barrier, KRS-1 can eat shit. grin
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by MrCrackles(m): 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

This nucca is broke. . . . .I remember him doing those Esco and Karl Kani commercials with his bucktooth.
It's all about the Benjy'z and the street credibility(which Eminem has got from the Nuccas and the Caucasians).

Sharon will you shut the Bleep up and stop churning poppycocks!
Nucca is broke? Does that rule out the fact that is a gazillion times better than EM?
Nas's credible past radiates all around, even lifting his present cred. and collectively, dwarfs EM's futuristic best!
Street credibility again, EM's pales in comparison to NAS
Maybe you can compare his credibility to 9ICE's! tongue
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Byrone: 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2009
eminem? best rapper alive?! well i dunno en honestly, i don't wanna know, d way rap iz headed these days i don't know, way back it used 2 be 'bout talent en heart, now it's all 'bout showmanship en d promotion, these days if u can get d mob or sum other big NYC gang 2 threaten dr dre or jay z, boi u'll git promoted 2 platnium 4 sho though! en please don't talk shit 'bout pac cuz he d best eva,
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by DBR: 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2009
I luv Em like wow,really, i feel the dude.
his flows are mad, technically sound, multies are crazy et al.
Trully he's easily one of ma fav emcees witout doubt.
But, ummmm, GOAT? Em?
Doesnt GOAT means Greatest of ALL times?.
And Em is the greatest of ALL time? Nahhh, i think not.
Not Hiphop GOAT, cos if it is hiphop, is goes beyond merchandizin, and promos.
kickin flowery multi verses, and sometimes forcin some mumbles to make rhyme sequence
and takin shots at celebs. no disrespect to em, i guess that wat he carved for himself.
But such a niche for me dont cut it for me as a GOAT.
Give me sm1 who kicks knowledge, who is deep, whose album revolutionalised hiphop
and still a reference point till date, sm1 who is ILL, a God son, give me N to tha A to the S
that's is d GOAT right there.
oNe
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Bamsyle(m): 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

Then Soulja Boy or Lil Wayne shoulda won it if the voters were all dud like you claim.
With one mouth you say Eminem is great, with the same mouth you say Eminem forces his rhymes.
Which one should we go for? grin grin grin grin

If the same voters should vote again, Soulja Boy'll win with a landslide . . . I'm sure Eminem has disappointed them with his 'baleed' rhymes in Relapse . . . Heavens, these voters would prefer "Kiss Me Through The Phone" to "We Made You" and "Crack A Sh*t" . . . grin grin

And u think Eminem won't murk 2Pac??
2Pac as a rapper cannot even battle. . . . .He shouts and what would he say?
Reh reh reh, Eminem i f'ucked your wife and your mother. . . . .Bleep Dre/Aftermath. . . .I will eat your kids and make sure they don't grow??
Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Eminem would become a pastor if he dares mention 2pac's name on a record . . . he'll carry a Bible everywhere he goes and vehemently renounce anything that looks like gangsterism . . . grin grin

You think Pac's battles are all about rhyming meaningless words?? When Pac was venting lava on all 'em East Coast cats, you think the invertebrae called Eminem woulda been able to cope with the heat?? grin grin

When Pac says "I'll kill you" on a track, guys who knew the dilly understood that it was time to run for their dear lives . . . Eminem was shouting 'bout killing his mom and wife on a track . . . same guy that's so irked 'bout how Mariah left his arse high and dry?? grin grin

I ain't surprised you're talking like this . . . is it not Sauron?? The Sauron I know would call Nelson Mandela the most beautiful girl in America just to win a debate . . . grin grin

A while ago, Nas was the 8th, 9th, and 10th wonders of the world . . . now, he has no past . . . what are you??

Sales?? Nelly must be one of the best rappers on earth.

Street Credibility?? Eminem musta borrowed it from 9ice . . . grin grin

3AM might just creep up in the list of top 20 Eminem songs.
It has a morbid feeling about it and the rhyme patterns are unique. . . . .it's new and very fresh.
As long as it generates sales and the song bridges the race barrier, KRS-1 can eat shit. grin

3AM is a downpour of poop . . . I'll rather listen to Muhammad Ali, even with his Parkinson's Syndrome, chantin' "rumble in the jungle" and "thrilla in manilla" non-stop for 5 minutes . . .

I agree . . . as long as it generates sales and bridges the sex barrier . . . Eminem can keep sucking Borat's you-know-what . . . grin grin
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Sauron1: 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2009
Bamsyle:

If the same voters should vote again, Soulja Boy'll win with a landslide . . . I'm sure Eminem has disappointed them with his 'baleed' rhymes in Relapse . . . Heavens, these voters would prefer "Kiss Me Through The Phone" to "We Made You" and "Crack A Sh*t" . . . grin grin

Soulja Boy was alive and kicking when Eminem won the Vibe awards. 930,000 votes(hahahahaha).
U gotta respect that, don't you??

Eminem would become a pastor if he dares mention 2pac's name on a record . . . he'll carry a Bible everywhere he goes and vehemently renounce anything that looks like gangsterism . . . grin grin

2Pac?? That over-rated piece of shit.
Eminem will make him question his DNA with witty lines and subliminal disses.
We are talking about punchlines not Bleep Biggie, Bleep Bad Boy records. . . .Chino XL, Bleep you too(rants of a 12 yr-old autistic patient). grin grin

You think Pac's battles are all about rhyming meaningless words?? When Pac was venting lava on all 'em East Coast cats, you think the invertebrae called Eminem woulda been able to cope with the heat?? grin grin

He was able to do that cos he had the backing of Marion Knight(the top dog in LA).
2Pac never dissed anyone before he joined "Death Row" and he was never a thug. . . . .The only thing he went to prison for was sodomising a woman forcefully. Don't get carried away by 2Pac's lies that he carried gats and tec-9s.
They were all fables.

When Pac says "I'll kill you" on a track, guys who knew the dilly understood that it was time to run for their dear lives . . . Eminem was shouting 'bout killing his mom and wife on a track . . . same guy that's so irked 'bout how Mariah left his arse high and dry?? grin grin

Kill who on a track? All those nonsense rants like a child throwing temper tantrums?
U sound as if no one dissed 2Pac in the East/West shizzy. Niggaz were more scared of Suge Knight than 2Pac.
They feared Suge not 2Pac and all the other muppets on Death Row which was why Pac was always vulnerable anywhere outside Los Angeles.
He kept getting shot everytime he ventured out of California(is that your idea of a thug). . . . .Pac was a pussy!!!

I ain't surprised you're talking like this . . . is it not Sauron?? The Sauron I know would call Nelson Mandela the most beautiful girl in America just to win a debate . . . grin grin

Nelson Mandela?? Roflmao.

A while ago, Nas was the 8th, 9th, and 10th wonders of the world . . . now, he has no past . . . what are you??
Sales?? Nelly must be one of the best rappers on earth.

Nelly is not hardcore. . . . . so his sales mean shyte!!!

Street Credibility?? Eminem musta borrowed it from 9ice . . . grin grin

9ice? 9ice was still in diapers when Eminem was bursting rhymes on "Guilty Conscience" and "Brain Damage".

3AM is a downpour of poop . . . I'll rather listen to Muhammad Ali, even with his Parkinson's Syndrome, chantin' "rumble in the jungle" and "thrilla in manilla" non-stop for 5 minutes . . .

The "3AM" single outsold Nas' last album. grin grin grin grin

I agree . . . as long as it generates sales and bridges the sex barrier . . . Eminem can keep sucking Borat's you-know-what . . . grin grin

Let him suck it. . . . . .anything to make us laugh is widely acceptable.
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Bamsyle(m): 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

Soulja Boy was alive and kicking when Eminem won the Vibe awards. 930,000 votes(hahahahaha).
U gotta respect that, don't you??

Soulja Boy received boos and jeers with his first outing . . . "Crank Dat" really cranked up peops' craniums . . . if truly Vibe is what we know it is, "Kiss Me Through The Phone" would be the best rap track ever if they're to conduct another 'poll' . . . and Soulja Boy would be the definition of an MC.

2Pac?? That over-rated piece of shit.
Eminem will make him question his DNA with witty lines and subliminal disses.
We are talking about punchlines not Bleep Biggie, Bleep Bad Boy records. . . .Chino XL, Bleep you too(rants of a 12 yr-old autistic patient). grin grin

Hehehe . . . you're not even gettin' what I'm saying . . . the mere boom of Pac's sonorous voice and Eminem would scamper for safety . . . he'll begin to ask God why He created him . . . Pac was not a man to beat about the bush . . . when he declares war . . . you know what to prepare for.

He was able to do that cos he had the backing of Marion Knight(the top dog in LA).
2Pac never dissed anyone before he joined "Death Row" and he was never a thug. . . . .The only thing he went to prison for was sodomising a woman forcefully. Don't get carried away by 2Pac's lies that he carried gats and tec-9s.
They were all fables.

Pac went to jail ever before he met Suge . . . why did he need to diss anyone before joining Death Row?? . . . the Pac/Biggie feud that you lot love to term the East Coast/West Coast rift did not become full-blown until his incarceration . . .

You forgot your anthem - Pac's only record with the law is jay-walking . . . what else d'you wanna tell us that we don't already know??  grin

Hehe . . . Pac was busy praising a gun when Eminem was dreaming about divas whose shoes he can only hope to shine (Spice Girls, Mariah Carey, etc) . . . some doubting Thomases never believe a dude is carrying a lugger until they hear the shots . . .  grin

Kill who on a track? All those nonsense rants like a child throwing temper tantrums?
U sound as if no one dissed 2Pac in the East/West shizzy. Niggaz were more scared of Suge Knight than 2Pac.
They feared Suge not 2Pac and all the other muppets on Death Row which was why Pac was always vulnerable anywhere outside Los Angeles.
He kept getting shot everytime he ventured out of California(is that your idea of a thug). . . . .Pac was a womanliness!!!

No one is even claiming Pac was a thug here . . . you lot are the ones who keep screaming overrated when referring to Pac's so-called gangsterism . . . Pac never called himself a thug . . . we've travelled that road before so ain't no use saying it again . . . if you can't get it for the umpteenth time, there's no chance you'll get it even if it's recorded on a tape for you to play back everyday.

Pac was just a normal dude with a lion's heart . . .  wink

Nelson Mandela?? Roflmao.

Get up.

Nelly is not hardcore. . . . . so his sales mean shyte!!!

And what's Eminem?? Hehe . . . don't even mention the word.

9ice? 9ice was still in diapers when Eminem was bursting rhymes on "Guilty Conscience" and "Brain Damage".

Ok sorry . . . he borrowed it from 2face . . .  grin grin

The "3AM" single outsold Nas' last album. grin grin grin grin

The time must be 3.00am . . . and you must be dreaming . . .  grin grin

Let him suck it. . . . . .anything to make us laugh is widely acceptable.

He sure makes me laugh . . . I'm all for more . . . why not letz draw up a list for him?? Osama Bin Laden's jack in his mouth would be good for a start . . . grin grin
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Sauron1: 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2009
Bamsyle:

Soulja Boy received boos and jeers with his first outing . . . "Crank Dat" really cranked up peops' craniums . . . if truly Vibe is what we know it is, "Kiss Me Through The Phone" would be the best rap track ever if they're to conduct another 'poll' . . . and Soulja Boy would be the definition of an MC.

"Kiss Me Through The Phone"?? Why not Nelly's "Dilemma"??
Rap is not about a beautiful female voice humming over a rap lyric. . . . ."Rap" should be hardcore!!!
Once u remember a rap song more because of the hook rather than the lyrics itself, then it's GARBAGE.

Hehehe . . . you're not even gettin' what I'm saying . . . the mere boom of Pac's sonorous voice and Eminem would scamper for safety . . . he'll begin to ask God why He created him . . . Pac was not a man to beat about the bush . . . when he declares war . . . you know what to prepare for.

There's no war when it comes to 'Pac. . . . . . .He is all mouth, no substance.
Run-of-the-mill stick up boys took his jewelry in New York. . . . . .Something that would never happen to Bow Wow or Little Vicious.
Pac was a p-ussy. . . . . . .He was untouchable largely because of Suge Knight. There was no way anyone would retaliate then without a conflict with Suge/Death Row and that was why Nas, Jigga and Biggie ignored his animal rants. Pac's sonorous voice?
Redman's voice is scarier.

Pac went to jail ever before he met Suge . . . why did he need to diss anyone before joining Death Row?? . . . the Pac/Biggie feud that you lot love to term the East Coast/West Coast rift did not become full-blown until his incarceration . . .

He went to jail because he sodomised an innocent woman. Even bitch ass cowards in Nigeria go to jail for that.
Up until that, he wasn't into any beef.
As soon as Suge Knight got interested in his case, Pac started shooting his mouth off. Of course, Biggie/Puffy were killing the airwaves by then.
The power base shifted back from Dre's G-funk to East Coast's Biggie/Bad boy records and Suge was having none of that.

You forgot your anthem - Pac's only record with the law is jay-walking . . . what else d'you wanna tell us that we don't already know??  grin

Yep. . . . . .he was arrested for jay-walking, went to jail for sexually assaulting a woman.
How does that make him fearsome? All those i am busting gats stories were lies. He never handled a tec-9.
Pac was a good student learning poetry when the likes of Biggie and Jigga were selling drugs around the block.

Hehe . . . Pac was busy praising a gun when Eminem was dreaming about divas whose shoes he can only hope to shine (Spice Girls, Mariah Carey, etc) . . . some doubting Thomases never believe a dude is carrying a lugger until they hear the shots . . .  grin

Praising a gun he never used. . . . . .At least, Biggie had a gun on him when he was busted for drugs.
2Pac had condoms on him when he was arrested!! He was never arrested for any gun crimes so why like about busting .22 shells?
If Pac had you fooled, you can still ask for a refund!!!

No one is even claiming Pac was a thug here . . . you lot are the ones who keep screaming overrated when referring to Pac's so-called gangsterism . . . Pac never called himself a thug . . . we've travelled that road before so ain't no use saying it again . . . if you can't get it for the umpteenth time, there's no chance you'll get it even if it's recorded on a tape for you to play back everyday.

'Pac was a thug. . . . . .He had "Thug Life" inscribed on his belly.
He talked about guns, drugs, killing the Police and reh reh reh(the life he never lived).
How many songs about thuggery did 2Pac release? Loads!!!!

Pac was just a normal dude with a lion's heart . . .  wink

I am glad you know that.
He was an easy target. . . . . .Each time he left Suge Knight's California, attempts were made to snuff his life out.
Nuccas know he was soft.

And what's Eminem?? Hehe . . . don't even mention the word.

Eminem is hardcore. . . . . . He can swing anywhere.
Do u want hilarious lyrics? Hardcore lyrics? Everyday issues?
Name it. . . . .Eminem is there bursting subliminal lines.

Ok sorry . . . he borrowed it from 2face . . .  grin grin

Not only 2face. . . . .Try Eedris.

The time must be 3.00am . . . and you must be dreaming . . .  grin grin

Nas is the dreamer.
From Nasty Nas to Escobar(the drug lord running from the Feds) to Nastradamus(the fake prophet) and now to God's Son.
Someone should tell that nigga to retire.
Rap evolved and left Nas while still claiming to be "God's Son". grin grin grin

He sure makes me laugh . . . I'm all for more . . . why not letz draw up a list for him?? Osama Bin Laden's jack in his mouth would be good for a start . . . grin grin

That's the thing about Eminem. He is the complete package.
Humour while listening. Not Thug Life this, thug life that.
Who's the bald-headed coward tryna to fool?
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by bgees(m): 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

Nas is the dreamer.
From Nasty Nas to Escobar(the drug lord running from the Feds) to Nastradamus(the fake prophet) and now to God's Son.

at least, Nas has grown thru the years. from nasty nas to nas. unlike the nihilistic white boy who tries to get attention by dissng women all the time.
eminem as a man is still the same. the guy didnt just mature.
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Sauron1: 7:51pm On Jun 15, 2009

at least, Nas has grown thru the years. from nasty nas to nas. unlike the nihilistic white boy who tries to get attention by dissng women all the time.
eminem as a man is still the same. the guy didnt just mature

What's the maturity in not having an IDENTITY?

Has Beyonce matured? Did Elvis mature?
Whitney Houston? Mariah Carey?
Only dolts talk about maturity when artistes are concerned.

Has James Bond matured? grin grin grin grin
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Bamsyle(m): 8:29pm On Jun 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

Rap is not about a beautiful female voice humming over a rap lyric. . . . ."Rap" should be hardcore!!!
Once u remember a rap song more because of the hook rather than the lyrics itself, then it's GARBAGE.

Yes, Dilemma, Kiss Me Through The Phone, Lollipop . . . what's the difference between all these and We Made You or Crack A Sh*t??  grin

By your standards, Eminem's "Stan" and "We Made You" are GARBAGE.

There's no war when it comes to 'Pac. . . . . . .He is all mouth, no substance.
Run-of-the-mill stick up boys took his jewelry in New York. . . . . .Something that would never happen to Bow Wow or Little Vicious.
Pac was a p-ussy. . . . . . .He was untouchable largely because of Suge Knight. There was no way anyone would retaliate then without a conflict with Suge/Death Row and that was why Nas, Jigga and Biggie ignored his animal rants. Pac's sonorous voice?
Redman's voice is scarier.

Hehe . . . Eminef was arrested for public affray at a car audio store . . . the dork had in his hands an unloaded gun that he pointed at the ground . . .  grin grin

You need another story?? He spotted Kim his wife, kissing a bouncer . . . in a parking lot . . . and fought . . . tomfools in Malawi wouldn't do that sh*t . . .  grin

He went to jail because he sodomised an innocent woman. Even bitch ass cowards in Nigeria go to jail for that.
Up until that, he wasn't into any beef.
As soon as Suge Knight got interested in his case, Pac started shooting his mouth off. Of course, Biggie/Puffy were killing the airwaves by then.
The power base shifted back from Dre's G-funk to East Coast's Biggie/Bad boy records and Suge was having none of that.

I can see that it's comedy time so letz laugh our heads off . . . more jokes please.

Yep. . . . . .he was arrested for jay-walking, went to jail for sexually assaulting a woman.
How does that make him fearsome? All those i am busting gats stories were lies. He never handled a tec-9.
Pac was a good student learning poetry when the likes of Biggie and Jigga were selling drugs around the block.

Trust you to mention "jay-walking" . . . you must love the word so much you dream about it . . . we know this already . . . but it's better than aiming an unloaded gun at the ground . . .  grin

Pac never handled a tec-9?? . . . he was a good student?? I'm happy . . . at least Rap has some brilliant minds like Pac who spit from a pool of learning instead of cats boasting 'bout how they'll kill they wives and moms . . . what a tard!!

Praising a gun he never used. . . . . .At least, Biggie had a gun on him when he was busted for drugs.
2Pac had condoms on him when he was arrested!! He was never arrested for any gun crimes so why like about busting .22 shells?
If Pac had you fooled, you can still ask for a refund!!!

Hehe . . . he was arrested with a condom filled with weed . . .

I'll always be your teacher . . . I just told you sumn you never knew.

'Pac was a thug. . . . . .He had "Thug Life" inscribed on his belly.
He talked about guns, drugs, killing the Police and reh reh reh(the life he never lived).
How many songs about thuggery did 2Pac release? Loads!!!!

T-H-U-G L-I-F-E . . . an acronym . . . I don't need to repeat what it stands for . . . you can never get it . . .  grin grin

How many songs has Eminef released about killing his wife and mom?? Loads . . . instead, the dork fought when he saw a bouncer kissing his wife!! What a bug . . . grin grin

I am glad you know that.
He was an easy target. . . . . .Each time he left Suge Knight's California, attempts were made to snuff his life out.
Nuccas know he was soft.

Letz test your much-bragged-about understanding of football . . . Lionel Messi is a soccer heavyweight . . . a player that opponents always mark in any football contest . . . each time Barcelona clashes with another club, Lionel Messi is an easy target . . .

Lionel Messi must be soft . . .  grin grin

Eminem is hardcore. . . . . . He can swing anywhere.
Do u want hilarious lyrics? Hardcore lyrics? Everyday issues?
Name it. . . . .Eminem is there bursting subliminal lines.

Biggie musta had Eminem in mind when he asked:

So you wanna be hardcore
With your hat to the back/talkin' bout the gats in your raps
But I can't feel that hardcore appeal that you screaming, maybe I'm dreaming

2pac certainly had Eminef in mind when he said Shorty wanna be a thug . . .  grin

Hardcore raps with the overall content of raping his mom and insulting ladies . . . as they'll say in pidgin - Chei, Rap Don Suffer!! . . .  grin

Not only 2face. . . . .Try Eedris.

You must be a clairvoyant . . . I was about saying that.

Nas is the dreamer.

It's called Metamorphosis . . . dude has evolved from that 19-year old boy into a mature man . . . it's evident in his awe-inspiring lyrics.

Better than a near-40-year old still dreaming about how to shag divas that he can never get a handshake with . . . still screaming bout how he's raping his mom and killing his wife . . .

How demented can Eminem be?? Dude almost committed suicide . . . he sure has problems.

That's the thing about Eminem. He is the complete package.
Humour while listening. Not Thug Life this, thug life that.
Who's the bald-headed coward tryna to fool?

The complete package of dog poop . . .

Homophobic and misogynyst themes all-a-time.

No wonder his life is dependent on poppin' x-pills to sleep . . . better you pity the poor dude . . .

As the saying goes - It's pure amusement to watch a lunatic but nobody wishes to give birth to one . . .

Do you pray to beget a pickin like Eminem??  grin grin
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by Sauron1: 9:17pm On Jun 15, 2009
Bamsyle:

Yes, Dilemma, Kiss Me Through The Phone, Lollipop . . . what's the difference between all these and We Made You or Crack A Sh*t??  grin
By your standards, Eminem's "Stan" and "We Made You" are GARBAGE.

Stan was remembered for an obsessed fan who committed suicide not Dilemma that would always be remembered for Kelly Rowland's voice.
It's so easy to see why one outsold the other. . . . . .

Hehe . . . Eminef was arrested for public affray at a car audio store . . . the dork had in his hands an unloaded gun that he pointed at the ground . . .  grin grin
You need another story?? He spotted Kim his wife, kissing a bouncer . . . in a parking lot . . . and fought . . . tomfools in Malawi wouldn't do that sh*t . . .  grin

He never claimed to be a THUG, neither did he inscribe THUG LIFE on his belly.
2Pac reminds me of a gangstar wannabe. . . . . He desperately wanted the life he never had in the negative way.
Lied a lot in his lyrics too. "Me and My Girlfriend", he shoulda said "Me and My Lecturer of Poetry"

I can see that it's comedy time so letz laugh our heads off . . . more jokes please.

Jokes galore.

Trust you to mention "jay-walking" . . . you must love the word so much you dream about it . . . we know this already . . . but it's better than aiming an unloaded gun at the ground . . .  grin

He gun-butted the Bouncer.
It must be an act of bravery for a slim dude like Eminem to take on a bouncer on bare palms.
That is being a MAN.

Pac never handled a tec-9?? . . . he was a good student?? I'm happy . . . at least Rap has some brilliant minds like Pac who spit from a pool of learning instead of cats boasting 'bout how they'll kill they wives and moms . . . what a tard!!

Pac went to school to learn poetry.
Eminem and Biggie learnt it in their backyards. . . . . .2Pac must be a retard to actually go to a Poetry school to learn what his peers learnt at home.
How brilliant was this Pac? Biggie(G.O.A.T.) learnt the art of poetry on the streets of BK!!!

Hehe . . . he was arrested with a condom filled with weed . . .
I'll always be your teacher . . . I just told you sumn you never knew.

Hehehehe. Who first mentioned Pac was arrested with condoms in his pockets?
I know more about 2Pac than you do, don't even go there.
Wikipedia won't help you if i start asking you questions about him.

T-H-U-G L-I-F-E . . . an acronym . . . I don't need to repeat what it stands for . . . you can never get it . . .  grin grin

You are so easily deceived. . . . . so u believe the THUGLIFE acronym nonsense.
Just like Junior M.A.F.I.A acronym nonsense(masters at finding out intelligent attitude)

Those acronyms become senseless when u listen to 2Pac saying:
I'm a self made Millionaire[b]thug[/b] livin', out of prison pistols in the air
Please, reconsider 'fo you die/G's, and thug niggaz on the rise/Plan-plot-strategize, and bomb first!!
Tell me how your acronym fits in those verses(The Hate U Give). . . . .Is 2Pac a self made millionaire "the hate u give"?
Come on Ibime, don't be this naive. . . . .Thug Life is Thug Life(literally)!!!

How many songs has Eminef released about killing his wife and mom?? Loads . . . instead, the dork fought when he saw a bouncer kissing his wife!! What a bug . . . grin grin

At least he raps about what he grew up with!! His surroundings.
Eminem is a product of his environment and he raps about his experience as an adolescent.
2Pac lied to all his fans about how his .44 would make sure someone's kids won't grow.
What a bloody FARCE!!! When Biggie and the rest were getting done with drugs, 2Pac was done cos he had weed on him. Weed?

Letz test your much-bragged-about understanding of football . . . Lionel Messi is a soccer heavyweight . . . a player that opponents always mark in any football contest . . . each time Barcelona clashes with another club, Lionel Messi is an easy target . . .
Lionel Messi must be soft . . .  grin grin

But Leo Messi still manages to evade those hard tackles and score goals. 38 goals in one season without copping any injury.
Same as Ronaldo. If 2Pac was Messi. . . . . .His career woulda ended on the pitch.
He woulda died on the pitch. grin grin grin grin

Biggie musta had Eminem in mind when he asked:

So you wanna be hardcore
With your hat to the back/talkin' bout the gats in your raps
But I can't feel that hardcore appeal that you screaming, maybe I'm dreaming

He was talking about 2Pac. . . . . . . Go and watch 2Pac's videos in 1993.
Pac always had his NY cap to the back talking about guns he never owned.
There was no Eminem when Biggie was writing those lyrics in late 93. grin grin grin grin

2pac certainly had Eminef in mind when he said Shorty wanna be a thug . . .  grin

He didn't know Eminem.
2Pac was talking about himself. A young nucca who was supposed to be in school but would rather cop criminal convictions.
What a coward!!!

I tell you it's a cold world, stay in school
You tell me its a man's world, play the rules
And fade fools, 'n break rules until we major
Blaze up, getting with hoes through my pager

Hardcore raps with the overall content of raping his mom and insulting ladies . . . as they'll say in pidgin - Chei, Rap Don Suffer!! . . .  grin
You must be a clairvoyant . . . I was about saying that.

2Pac insulted ladies. . . . . . .He talked about raping someone's wife and he called women "bitches".
Insults don't get nastier than that on a rap record.
What about Ms. Delores Tucker he dissed on "Wonda Why They Call U"??

It's called Metamorphosis . . . dude has evolved from that 19-year old boy into a mature man . . . it's evident in his awe-inspiring lyrics.

Yes, Nas metamorphosed into oblivion.
From a fake prophet to God's son.
Jigga spelt it out well: The Rap version of TD Jakes who never gave ou his crumbs he makes". grin grin grin grin

Better than a near-40-year old still dreaming about how to shag divas that he can never get a handshake with . . . still screaming bout how he's raping his mom and killing his wife . . .

Not better. . . . . . .Nas is a p-ussy like Pac.
His wife carried another man's baby. How retarded can a man get?
While Eminem was scoring with divas like Mariah Carey(Nick Cannon's cougar), Nasty Nas' wifey was taking Jigga's cock from the back. grin grin

How demented can Eminem be?? Dude almost committed suicide . . . he sure has problems.

Suicide? Hehehehehe
Nas considered that when his gurl slept with Jigga man. grin grin

The complete package of dog poop . . .
Homophobic and misogynyst themes all-a-time.

All em gangstar rappers are misogynists.
Don't single out Eminem.

No wonder his life is dependent on poppin' x-pills to sleep . . . better you pity the poor dude . . .

Pity who?
A guy that eclipsed what took 2Pac 4 albums to make with one single album?
He is a legend. I heard Eminem is more popular than coca-cola. grin grin grin

As the saying goes - It's pure amusement to watch a lunatic but nobody wishes to give birth to one . . .
Do you pray to beget a pickin like Eminem??  grin grin

U shoulda at least told us if you pray to father a depraved/deranged child like 2Pac before asking me about Eminem. grin grin
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by MrCrackles(m): 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2009
You guys have wrecked this thread! angry angry angry angry shocked

Sharon, Eminem is super wackioso

Bam, Sharon wont agree until thy kingdom cometh!

And how the fuc.k did IBIME come into this? cheesy
Re: Krs-one Weighs In On Vibe Naming Eminem G.o.a.t. And The Death Of Autotune (video) by obinna5000(m): 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2009
Guys, plz lets not derail this topic.

Well, Vibe naming Eminem greatest rapper alive was based on an opinion poll conducted by the magazine. If other magazines were to conduct a separate poll, they'll give it to another rapper. KRS-One gave a word of advice to Eminem not to let it get to his head.
Also, its quite obvious KRS-One is against the use of auto-tune in rap songs even though he was not able to throw more light on it during the interview.

(1) (Reply)

Mode9 Releases New Collaboration Album : Pay Attention 10.10.10 / Flavour In New Video 'oyi Na Tum'(catch Cold) / Merry Christmas (igbo Highlife Remake) By Fanzy Papaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.