Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN (24232 Views)

NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions / N1.04 Trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine-mtn / 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 01, 2016
People against mtn🆖 check the records mtn is touching lives more then any telecommunications operator please ncc leave mtn alone.... Mtn foundation is doing some things our government can't do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Frankiss44(m): 9:54am On Jan 01, 2016
Only fools will expect mtn to pay that much.. C'mom even some countries can't boast of 1 trillion as a budget. The fine makes a mockery of NCC.

THEY WON'T PAY AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. UNLESS OF COURSE THE MONEY IS REDUCED TO THE BAREST MINIMUM

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by HDee(m): 9:55am On Jan 01, 2016
Rexnegro:

am sorry bro...most nigeria hate MTN like me so since they messed up we want them to pay the full fine before, but govt/ncc has been lenient so was surprise to read u said govt should be lenient again...Abi MTN dey pay u for sympathising for em?
lol grin me self no like dem
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by sule17(m): 9:55am On Jan 01, 2016
Ur entire generation can never be a president in any society b/fore the end of this world
Buchukwu:
Lol mtn is not afraid of the zoo president, paedophile, child rapist and a terrorist buhari's body odour.
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by lagosrd: 9:56am On Jan 01, 2016
Realdeals:
…as NCC threatens fresh action Monday
By Prince Osuagwu
MTN Nigeria has said it did not expect any service disruption on its network as deadline for payment of N1.04 trillion fine, later reduced to N780 billion by the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, expired yesterday.
The fine, which according to NCC, was against the inability of MTN to disconnect about 5.1 million subscribers allegedly not properly registered on its network in August and September 2015, was meant to be paid on or before December 31, 2015.
However, the Commission, also yesterday, said it would take fresh decision Monday, after confirming that MTN did not pay the N780 billion fine before the close of work on deadline day, December 31, 2015.
A reliable source at the Commission, said: “I can confirm to you that MTN did not pay the fine before close of work today (yesterday) and so the Commission will take a fresh decision on the issue Monday.
“The telecom operator actually went to court to challenge the fine and the Federal Government has also lined up very respectable lawyers, who also counter-sued the company.
“Both cases did not invalidate the fine, which means that MTN should have honoured the payment deadline. But having not done so, we are going to come up with a new decision on the fine by Monday.”
Reacting, MTN Nigeria’s External Relations Manager, Mr. Funso Aina said that “when a case is in court, there is a limit to the comments that could be made, suffice it to say that based on the lis pendens rule (pending legal action) all parties are enjoined to restrain from taking further action until the matter is finally determined.
“Notwithstanding the lawsuit, we will continue to engage with the Nigerian Authorities to try and ensure an amicable resolution in the best interests of the company, its stakeholders and the Nigerian authorities. We urge our customers not to panic as we do not envisage any disruption to our operations.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/n1-04trn-fine-we-expect-no-operation-disruptions-for-not-paying-fine-mtn/

Mtn cannot blackmail Nigeria govt with service disruption. Its either they pay the dine or they leave the country after all they have made more than that in Nigeria.Ncc should shut down their central transmitter and head office closed. And those lawyers that assisited mtn in court should be jailed.
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 01, 2016
jonced:
This new govt should respect the judiciary if not we r in trouble. The court is the last hope of the common man. If a case has been filed in court, then the status quo remains until judgement is passed. So MTN cannot be disrupted until the case is determined in court. Anyone that is supporting this govt wanton disregard for the judiciary, should not complain when you or someone close to you is treated unfairly and the courts are powerless to do anything. The dragon that we are supporting to unleash now will soon consume us all. A word is enough for the wise
let it consume you first, at least you won't be there again to narrate the story. Empty-hen sabotaging us on in our very dear country; worst network of them all, alarming call charging rate and even dearing our government with the help of some useless anti-government individuals and you are here typing rubbish. it either they pay the fine or leave this noble country. Enough is enough. Nonsense!
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 01, 2016
MTN, hehehehehe. Its time to pay back all my 50 50 naira wey una don comot all the name of caller tunes and banktrash....if I call una customer care line (180) to complain I didnt subscribe to any caller tunes, em go tell me say terms and conditions apply. Now Nigeria don give terms and condition, una dey flout am......

Pay the fvcking fine or make una pack una things comot our country....I'm so glad our sweet vice President is involved....una go smell una yansh by Monday.... :PP

Al day for the thief one day for the owner, Na Nigerians go laff at last......he who laff last lafs the best.........

2 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by davidthe16th: 9:58am On Jan 01, 2016
If they can support kanu to achieve his aim, they can as well support BH. Finish em
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by lagosrd: 10:00am On Jan 01, 2016
sule17:
Ur entire generation can never be a president in any society b/fore the end of this world

The guys statement is of the highest irresponsibility. I hope he will refrain. Our president should not be insulted under any guise. Ni be Dem fault anyway Na those old people in APC cause am when they started calling the ex president terrible names ranging from clueless to kindergarten president. May God save us

1 Like

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by vecman22(m): 10:10am On Jan 01, 2016
Acidosis:

I'm not IPod

I'm Yoruba north central and I live in the South West; same land Tinubu controls puppets like you.

I won't die in jail, instead I will live to torment and dominate people like you who have refused to apply commonsense to sensitive issues.

Sorry to burst yur bubble,am a full blooded idoma guy..one idoit can't jst wake up and decide to force us into one union we dnt want..
Do I care if you are Yoruba or not?d fact you think like d flat heads make you one of dem.nonsense

And less I forget,whn I was talking abt jail,I was referring to Kanu d dilector,your life is worst dan dat of a person in jail,so carry yur stagnated life and park well..
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by cornelin(m): 10:14am On Jan 01, 2016
This is new year o.. MTN should brazen up and pay the fine jarree. we need the money in our treasury!
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by lakeside30: 10:18am On Jan 01, 2016
Buchukwu:
Lol mtn is not afraid of the zoo president, paedophile, child rapist and a terrorist buhari's body odour.

This guy your situation is very critical,u need to see a psychologist
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Rexnegro(m): 10:20am On Jan 01, 2016
HDee:
lol grin me self no like dem
talk true bro se MTN dey tip u sometin for online sympathy? lol
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 01, 2016
I will not be surprise if NCC comes out with a statement on Monday that they will respect the rule of law and wait for court decision. MTN may even escape with minimal fine! It is easier for foreign companies to break our laws and get away with it because we have weak institutions, weak judicial system and a Government that chooses which court order to obey. If our government has demonstrated respect for our judicial system, MTN will not have gut to take NCC to court.

How PMB reacts to this impunity by MTN will determine how strong his determination to move against impunity is.......

1 Like

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 01, 2016
MTN i think sis taking a cue from buhari. Buhari don't give a dame about our laws why should MTN that can cause nigeria irritation

2 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Mrlekan07034617: 10:26am On Jan 01, 2016
Well its good to test if a burning fire truly burns.... Dasuki nd kanu tested the same fire and now they were really burnt. The truth is dealing with F.G is not business as usual. By monday they (MTN) should be ready for the worst, altleast F.G was kind enough to reduce the fine fee
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Charly68: 10:32am On Jan 01, 2016
Aaaaa! Mtn ! Mtn !! Mtn !!! You weren't informed about the new sheriff in that is in town..he won't take this your nonsesnse tactics from you oooo,and if you think you can bribe your way through the judiciary,I bet you that the judge that collects cash from you to manipulate anything in your favour will lose his or her wig . Don't try any nonsense in Naija this time around ..Jonathan has left Aso Rock since may ooo

1 Like

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by kushe: 10:34am On Jan 01, 2016
@philip70 and adjoy
I am not saying what I do not know,I understand the workings of international business and only come to nairaland to feel the pulse of my people. Poor people with a poverty mindset always feel it is ok to reap where they have not sown. That is why a hardworking man will die in Nigeria and his good for nothing brethren whom he had supported financially while he was alive as they sat on their lazy behinds would come and kick out the legitimate heirs to the man's fortunes.
Same way omoniles some of whom were born in kogi or shaki will harass you for fence,for decking,for roof. These guys are not a problem,the supposed educated class that support such behavior are the problem. In this case,your government is the Robin Hood,stealing from the rich. (MTN) and redistributing to the poor(2016 budget) and you are all there cracking jokes as an iceberg the tip of which only you see tears into the hold of your ship(hoping the titanic comes to mind)
Of fences and infractions are part of corporate existence but penalties are always commensurate with the size of the economy. Ole jati jati in government yi,what would they have done if Apple was here with profits of 53 billion dollars a year and more. Probably shut down NNPC and form a parastatal to collect money and then the National Assembly would form commitees to oversee what the parastatal is doing.
What a joke,serious countries encourage enterprise and nigerian youth are shouting unemployment,una never see unemployment. Chase away investors and see what is left of your country. Education is not a degree from some mushroom university and some mouldy graduation regalia,it is in the mind. Renew your mind and get world wise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:35am On Jan 01, 2016
tivta:
Mtn seeking for justice in the law court when nigeria is in a semi democracy?
Very bad idea...

Lolz. Maybe they didn't see the facial language of baba during the media chat. smiley
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by idupaul: 10:39am On Jan 01, 2016
chrixus:
MTN ! By monday you would know what's up.... For those afraid that MTN would pack their loads and leave, they can't afford it and if they do. They can't move their mast and other equipments rather, they will sell their license to another willing investors. At the long run we gain

you gain what? una too like too see people down fall
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by rman: 10:40am On Jan 01, 2016
Everyone saying mtn should respect the law, do u think mtn have 700billion naira somewhere that they will transfer into ncc's account at the click of a button?

Do u think banks will give them loans to pay a 700billion fine?

FG goofed with that ridiculous fine and th gullible masses are urging them on.

700billion fine is equivalent to all revenue mtn will generate in the next three years if things remain the same....

Nigerian banks couldn't rasie 25 billion during capitalization and some wer aquired because of this and FG expects mtn to pay 700billion fine within the same economy. Jokers!

4 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Arogunmasa(m): 10:40am On Jan 01, 2016
Realdeals:
…as NCC threatens fresh action Monday
By Prince Osuagwu
MTN Nigeria has said it did not expect any service disruption on its network as deadline for payment of N1.04 trillion fine, later reduced to N780 billion by the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, expired yesterday.
The fine, which according to NCC, was against the inability of MTN to disconnect about 5.1 million subscribers allegedly not properly registered on its network in August and September 2015, was meant to be paid on or before December 31, 2015.
However, the Commission, also yesterday, said it would take fresh decision Monday, after confirming that MTN did not pay the N780 billion fine before the close of work on deadline day, December 31, 2015.
A reliable source at the Commission, said: “I can confirm to you that MTN did not pay the fine before close of work today (yesterday) and so the Commission will take a fresh decision on the issue Monday.
“The telecom operator actually went to court to challenge the fine and the Federal Government has also lined up very respectable lawyers, who also counter-sued the company.
“Both cases did not invalidate the fine, which means that MTN should have honoured the payment deadline. But having not done so, we are going to come up with a new decision on the fine by Monday.”
Reacting, MTN Nigeria’s External Relations Manager, Mr. Funso Aina said that “when a case is in court, there is a limit to the comments that could be made, suffice it to say that based on the lis pendens rule (pending legal action) all parties are enjoined to restrain from taking further action until the matter is finally determined.
“Notwithstanding the lawsuit, we will continue to engage with the Nigerian Authorities to try and ensure an amicable resolution in the best interests of the company, its stakeholders and the Nigerian authorities. We urge our customers not to panic as we do not envisage any disruption to our operations.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/n1-04trn-fine-we-expect-no-operation-disruptions-for-not-paying-fine-mtn/

Oga Ade, u must pay this fine o. Is that the way u operate in ur parent country, ehn?
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by okejos(m): 10:44am On Jan 01, 2016
I PITTY THOSE WHO RANT N MAKE NOISE IN LINE WITH THIS OUR WEAK NOISE MAKING FEDERAL GOVERMENT
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Arogunmasa(m): 10:46am On Jan 01, 2016
rman:
Everyone saying mtn should respect the law, do u think mtn have 700billion naira somewhere that they will transfer into ncc's account at the click of a button?

700billion fine is equivalent to all revenue mtn will generate in the next three years if things remain the same....

Nigerian banks couldn't rasie 25 billion during capitalization and some wer aquired because of this and FG expects mtn to pay 700billion fine within the same economy. Jokers!

They make more money than banks, u want to compare bank depositors with network subscribers?

1 Like

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by rman: 10:48am On Jan 01, 2016
kushe:
@philip70 and adjoy
I am not saying what I do not know,I understand the workings of international business and only come to nairaland to feel the pulse of my people. Poor people with a poverty mindset always feel it is ok to reap where they have not sown. That is why a hardworking man will die in Nigeria and his good for nothing brethren whom he had supported financially while he was alive as they sat on their lazy behinds would come and kick out the legitimate heirs to the man's fortunes.
Same way omoniles some of whom were born in kogi or shaki will harass you for fence,for decking,for roof. These guys are not a problem,the supposed educated class that support such behavior are the problem. In this case,your government is the Robin Hood,stealing from the rich. (MTN) and redistributing to the poor(2016 budget) and you are all there cracking jokes as an iceberg the tip of which only you see tears into the hold of your ship(hoping the titanic comes to mind)
Of fences and infractions are part of corporate existence but penalties are always commensurate with the size of the economy. Ole jati jati in government yi,what would they have done if Apple was here with profits of 53 billion dollars a year and more. Probably shut down NNPC and form a parastatal to collect money and then the National Assembly would form commitees to oversee what the parastatal is doing.
What a joke,serious countries encourage enterprise and nigerian youth are shouting unemployment,una never see unemployment. Chase away investors and see what is left of your country. Education is not a degree from some mushroom university and some mouldy graduation regalia,it is in the mind. Renew your mind and get world wise.

Thank you, I find it appalling how shallow and gullible Nigerians ar, especially those that claim they have an education.
In fact, I'm convinced this the black man's mentality of sense of entitlement to something they didn't not help build. See all of them shouting mtn must pay, in their warped logic they think it will get to them.

Government is broke and is looking for money. Who fines the biggest single tax payer to the government at all levels 700billion? Backwards mentality being displayed.

No body is even asking the right questions. A company that pays hundreds o billions in taxes is being fines 700billion. Smh!

4 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Wallade(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2016
I don't think the NCC has done anything wrong by insisting on the payment of the fine especially because the court has not made any pronouncement on status or stay of execution.
However, in the event of failure to pay by MTN. Government should just suspend their licence. If they wish to quit Nigerian business environment, so be it.
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by kushe: 10:49am On Jan 01, 2016
Even if MTN finance 15% of 2016 budget,naa who go finance 2017 own. Etisalat,GE,Unilever,BAT,Maersk,Huawei and co,watch your backs,they say there is a new sheriff in town but like the old Wild West ,intoxication was one of the problems even law enforcers faced. The Wild West is fun to watch on TV,but was a horrendous,lawless period in American history. We don't need this sort of irresponsibility from our government,but like the old westerns,the gallery (Nigerian youth) is always cheering even if they understand not the repercussions of the sheriff's actions.

3 Likes

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by chrixus(m): 10:53am On Jan 01, 2016
idupaul:

you gain what? una too like too see people down fall
downfall ? MTN didn't realise they are in a country with laws, yet decided to flout directives. We are talking about our economy here. No sane company would want to loose a market like nigeria. Not even MTN
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:53am On Jan 01, 2016
chrixus:
MTN ! By monday you would know what's up.... For those afraid that MTN would pack their loads and leave, they can't afford it and if they do. They can't move their mast and other equipments rather, they will sell their license to another willing investors. At the long run we gain
ONE MAN WITH SENCE.... I was wondering what people were thinking when they said workers will lose their jobs.... Good thinking...

1 Like

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by rman: 10:54am On Jan 01, 2016
Arogunmasa:

They make more money than banks, u want to compare bank depositors with network subscribers?

So all the money they make should be used to pay fine?

You fail to see my analogy. Yes, mtn makes more money than banks but if banks can go under because of just 25billion, where will mtn 700billion come from?

Or u think they have 700billion stashed somewhere?
Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 01, 2016
rman:

Please find out how much BP was fined for the oil spill in USA. What I expect MTN to do is to request for payment over 3 years. Do you know how much MTN makes in a day? They can pay that fine.

1 Like

Re: N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN by gogetter09(m): 10:59am On Jan 01, 2016
I suggest federal government should sieze mtn license,... and i bet Nigerians will survive,.. there are reaping us too much!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Online Businesses That Makes You Profit From The First Month / Union Bank 100 Years Celebration Music Video / See Billionaire Bill Gate's House.. It Is Worth $147.5 Million Dollars! (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.