Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,322 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? (2652 Views)

Tecno Vs Infinix: Come Let's Settle This Now. Who Is The Better Boss? / Tecno Vs Gsmarena / Which Andriod of your choice Had The Better 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by TechRez(m): 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
The year 2015 was a bang for Nigerians, the mobile market witnessed its biggest growth and expectations were simply on the edge.

Two industry movers, Tecno and Infinix got dirty in their desire to lock down the smartphone market in Nigeria. But did any of them succeed?

Infinix

The Infinix brand which is just over three years old introduced several range of smartphones that addressed core issues affecting smartphone users in Nigeria.

Infinix smartphones are one of the most popular budget smartphones available in Nigeria, the company reportedly sold over 500,000 units of its smartphones in 2015. Thanks to Infinix Hot 2, Nigeria’s first Android One phone which was an instant success.

infinix-note-2-specsOne of the ways Infinix manages to maintain a low price tag on its smartphones is by eliminating the middle man, it’s a mobile strategy that has been working like a charm for them. This way, prices which should normally go up by about 30% are kept at a sweet spot. They know how Nigerians can react when it comes to pricing. Lol

Infinix has their shortcomings however; their smartphones are not readily available weeks after it is launched into the market. At the time its becomes commercially available, a couple of guys who were really anxious about the smartphone would have gotten a watered-down effect.

Tecno

Tecno no doubt had its biggest and best year in 2015. I hope they can replicate it in 2016, they did almost everything right – restructuring their mobile strategy by creating several range of smartphones that appeal to specific kind of smartphone users.

The mobile strategy that’s working started with the Tecno Boom J7, a smartphones targeted at music-centric lovers; the Camon C8 caters for camera lovers while the prestigious and premium Phantom 5 was specifically built for smartphone users who want to stand out from the crowd in style.

They had an onslaught on the low-end smartphone market and monopolized the mid-range line of smartphones in Nigeria. There was a need for transition into premium smartphones that birthed the Phantom 5.

Tecno reportedly overtook Samsung to become the biggest smartphone maker in Africa. Statistics like this shows that Tecno isn’t going anywhere, not anytime soon.

http://www.techrez.com/tecno-vs-infinix-2/
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by Aristotle96(m): 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
Tecno first quarter of the year then Infinix D second half
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by zzzzy: 2:03pm On Jan 01, 2016
They both did well in terms of specs according to midrange standards but infinix marketers were a lot wiser than tecno's.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by Yommiefish(m): 2:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
Infinix for real!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by kolexepana: 4:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
Tecno for sure
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by mosjames: 6:24pm On Jan 01, 2016
Make infinix waka komot jare
They should go and find a solution to their batteries

1 Like

Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by Youngsage: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
This shouldn't be a matter of contention. Isn't it obviously INFINIX?! Tecno park well jare

1 Like

Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by badonkadonk: 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2016
I smell FP...
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by daphid25(m): 11:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
Youngsage:
This shouldn't be a matter of contention. Isn't it obviously INFINIX?! Tecno park well jare
Kai, make Infinix find one place park.
Tecno are currently doing better than 'em

1 Like

Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by lekjons(m): 12:39am On Jan 02, 2016
Youngsage:
mosjames:
Make infinix waka komot jare
They should go and find a solution to their batteries
kolexepana:
Tecno for sure
Yommiefish:
Infinix for real!
LMAO!!
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by zzzzy: 7:26am On Jan 02, 2016
daphid25:

this isn't something to argue about. The facts are there. The question is which of them had a better 2015 and infinix had a better one.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by drss(m): 8:21am On Jan 02, 2016
dem both enjoyed a good 2015. hope tecno will produce a 6inch phone dis year.
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by Donvic4u(m): 8:26am On Jan 02, 2016
Infinix killed it jare...

1 Like

Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by Unlimited22: 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
Both, techno did well in the first half,infinix finished work in d second half. Buh I'll pick infinix nah, am using their product. grin cheesy wink
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by carlcar2012(f): 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
I think comparing the two is like comparing Fanta and Coca-Cola. Same coy different products

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by daphid25(m): 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
zzzzy:
this isn't something to argue about. The facts are there. The question is which of them had a better 2015 and infinix had a better one.
Well, thats your opinion
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by zzzzy: 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
daphid25:

Well, thats your opinion
not my opinion, fact. Some Infinix phones ran out of stock minutes after their launch. But tecno didn't. So clearly last year was favorable to infinix than tecno.
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by carlcar2012(f): 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
zzzzy:
not my opinion, fact. Some Infinix phones ran out of stock minutes after their launch. But tecno didn't. So clearly last year was favorable to infinix than tecno.

Don't you think tecno have a lot of supply for the masses and infinix still fighting to provide for the amount of demand
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by zzzzy: 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
carlcar2012:

Don't you think tecno have a lot of supply for the masses and infinix still fighting to provide for the amount of demand
probably. But what I'm saying is in terms of figures. Infinix sold more.
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by skywalker240(m): 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
daphid25:

Infinix just dey smart release hot 2 and hot note 1&2 tecno come late but when tecno sho wit latest infinixi run go wear brazier...c8 just kill all of dem wait ph5 d almighty ph5..na so my guy chima querel with am say mk she change her hot note wit him c8..omo na tecno win am oo all my niggas just de oder j7 an c8

1 Like

Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by Ana5000(f): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
I go with Tecno coz they are trusted

1 Like

Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by cooljude(m): 7:31am On Jan 03, 2016
Infinix and Tecno are different products from the same company. Infinix did well last year.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by mosjames: 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
cooljude:
Infinix and Tecno are different products from the same company. Infinix did well last year.
If they are from the same company, how come one did bettee than the other
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by BenKafor(m): 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
Tecno overtook Samsung? WOaw, that's big!!

TechRez:
The year 2015 was a bang for Nigerians, the mobile market witnessed its biggest growth and expectations were simply on the edge.

Two industry movers, Tecno and Infinix got dirty in their desire to lock down the smartphone market in Nigeria. But did any of them succeed?

Infinix

The Infinix brand which is just over three years old introduced several range of smartphones that addressed core issues affecting smartphone users in Nigeria.

Infinix smartphones are one of the most popular budget smartphones available in Nigeria, the company reportedly sold over 500,000 units of its smartphones in 2015. Thanks to Infinix Hot 2, Nigeria’s first Android One phone which was an instant success.

infinix-note-2-specsOne of the ways Infinix manages to maintain a low price tag on its smartphones is by eliminating the middle man, it’s a mobile strategy that has been working like a charm for them. This way, prices which should normally go up by about 30% are kept at a sweet spot. They know how Nigerians can react when it comes to pricing. Lol

Infinix has their shortcomings however; their smartphones are not readily available weeks after it is launched into the market. At the time its becomes commercially available, a couple of guys who were really anxious about the smartphone would have gotten a watered-down effect.

Tecno

Tecno no doubt had its biggest and best year in 2015. I hope they can replicate it in 2016, they did almost everything right – restructuring their mobile strategy by creating several range of smartphones that appeal to specific kind of smartphone users.

The mobile strategy that’s working started with the Tecno Boom J7, a smartphones targeted at music-centric lovers; the Camon C8 caters for camera lovers while the prestigious and premium Phantom 5 was specifically built for smartphone users who want to stand out from the crowd in style.

They had an onslaught on the low-end smartphone market and monopolized the mid-range line of smartphones in Nigeria. There was a need for transition into premium smartphones that birthed the Phantom 5.

Tecno reportedly overtook Samsung to become the biggest smartphone maker in Africa. Statistics like this shows that Tecno isn’t going anywhere, not anytime soon.

http://www.techrez.com/tecno-vs-infinix-2/
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by teelaweee(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
kolexepana:
Tecno for sure
tecno had the best year for me
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by kolexepana: 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
teelaweee:
tecno had the best year for me
Everyone knows that except haters.
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by teelaweee(m): 1:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
skywalker240:

Infinix just dey smart release hot 2 and hot note 1&2 tecno come late but when tecno sho wit latest infinixi run go wear brazier...c8 just kill all of dem wait ph5 d almighty ph5..na so my guy chima querel with am say mk she change her hot note wit him c8..omo na tecno win am oo all my niggas just de oder j7 an c8
abi oooh tecno killed it for me
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by daphid25(m): 2:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
skywalker240:

Well said *chop Knuckle* wink
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by omoalajah(m): 2:47pm On Feb 29, 2016
Tecno did!!! U already know! grin
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by gingerman876: 2:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
Phantom 5 and Camon C8 killed all of Inifinx products! Sleek UI and Beautifully made phones!
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by yinka360nl1: 2:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
tecno Wins it handsdown
Re: Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? by 360koncepts: 3:01pm On Feb 29, 2016
Tecno oooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scary Itel P51 / How To Get Triple Data On Airtel Nigeria's New Tarriff -2019 / Uk Used Gionee M7 Power 4gb, 64gb @40k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.