Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC (7395 Views)

NJC Places 3 Justices On Watch List / BREAKINGS: President Buhari To Face Impeachment Over Troops To Gambia / Justice Abang Faces NJC Probe Over Conflicting Rulings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by teadrake(m): 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
NJC should bury their eyes in shame.Where is true justice when Justice Marcel Awokulehin(federal high court Asaba) absolved James ibori of the 170 count charge of corruption and money laundering yet another smooth judicial system sentenced him to 13 years imprisonment in the UK?
Where is true Justice dispensation when a a federal judge gave Yusuf(police pensions )who looted billions of naira and judge ordered him to pay a fine of N750000.Instead of NJC to focus on how they'll sanitize the whole system,they're busy barking like lame dog

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
LadyExcellency:
I was very much disappointed when I read one shallow article from tonyebarcanista today trying to justify abuse of court process and judiciary in general by the government of Mohammadu Buhari.

The justification and reasons given in the said article typify intellectual fraud where a combination of hate and inability to interpret a two sentence judgment overwhelmed him thereby obfuscating the entire pronouncement delivered by the honourable judge.

This guy again. While I posted the words of the Judge as reported by Thisday, you are sensationalising yourself with the words of a journalist. Sorry though, I know how it feels.

You guys should pray for Kanu and mobilise good lawyers for his case. Barcanista is the least of your problem.

Happy New Year 2016 Bro....

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by LadyExcellency: 3:56pm On Jan 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

This guy again. While I posted the words of the Judge as reported by Thisday, you are sensationalising yourself with the words of a journalist. Sorry though, I know how it feels.

You guys should pray for Kanu and mobilise good lawyers for his case. Barcanista is the least of your problem.

Happy New Year 2016 Bro....

Get lost mr man, go and read the judgment again, the one handed to Kanu's lawyer to be precise.

Intelligence is proactive and doesn't dwell on emotions. When Premiumtimeng journalist put it to President Buhari during Presidential media chat on the flagrant disobedience of Court orders by agencies under his watch, he wasn't speaking of his opinion rather the submissions of majority of the bars and legal luminaries.

Whatever a nobody like you think is inconsequential to international views on the fallout of these abnormalities orchestrated by the despotic defiance of our born-again tyrant in a constitutional democracy.

Address me properly next time you quote my comment. Is like you have disdain for intelligent ladies challenging you and exposing the intellectual fraud you exhibit through obfuscation and unrefined hypothesis?

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2016
Rose2014:
My oga said it all, I have nothing more to add

"Nigerians are evil and that's why nature almost always gives them very wicked and primitive leaders in crucial offices. Truly, every people deserves their kind of leaders. This is an epic example of a zoo- a situation characterised by confusion and disorder.

There's no way a smart person won't try to understand how blacks think. I doubt their sanity to a very large extent.

From the onset, assuming we have anything close to a same society, PMB, having scuttled a duly elected democratic government in the past, won't have even smelled a nomination BUT this is Nigeria where mind boggling absurdities occur at an alarming rate.

In governance, you judge a man's future performance by his past records. That was exactly why some of us refused to vote him despite the toga of reformed dictator that was foisted on him by the zombies, mumu party. The leopard never changes it's skin. A dictator who has a tainted history of existing an aberrant behaviour cannot be expected to appreciate and even understand the basic tenets of democracy.

With a simple word this guy killed the Judiciary last night. It's the duty of the people to defend their nation against its government.

Only the courts have the final say on a case brought before by anybody else, including the Presidency.

I swear blacks can never appreciate democracy"

Obinna Omeje, you are not making sense.
Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by manuelzz(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2016
LadyExcellency:

I read the judgment over and over to see his point and couldn't decipher his entire encryption unless I was to read meaning into his motive.

Here is the pronouncement of the honourable judge below as captured by many media outlets both print and online platforms.

"While the case against him continues" there is a reason for the use of "case" instead of "cases" which means "sum total" of any breach of law he has committed.

You guys should learn how to ignore Barcanista,the guy is just a two-bit hustler..No need of attaching unnecessary importance to his deranged posts on here. Happy new year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Get lost mr man, go and read the judgment again, the one handed to Kanu's lawyer to be precise.

Intelligence is proactive and doesn't dwell on emotions. When Premiumtimeng journalist put it to President Buhari during Presidential media chat on the flagrant disobedience of Court orders by agencies under his watch, he wasn't speaking of his opinion rather the submissions of majority of the bars and legal luminaries.

Whatever a nobody like you think is inconsequential to international views on the fallout of these abnormalities orchestrated by the despotic defiance of our born-again tyrant in a constitutional democracy.

Address me properly next time you quote my comment. Is like you have disdain for intelligent ladies challenging you and exposing the intellectual fraud you exhibit through obfuscation and unrefined hypothesis?
Again you are being unnecessarily bitter and angry!

The journalist that asked the question didn't speak "on behalf of the media nor the bar". The media have their group, same with the bar. Neither of both groups have challenged the continuous detention of Kanu. Not even the judged has summoned the DSS for contempt. The position of the justice Ademola is very clear. I quoted it and even put 'sauce'. In fact, the African Bar Association President and other notable legal luminaries maintained that the position of FG is not in conflict with Ademola's ruling.

Like I said, you don't have to channel your anger to Barcanista. I'm neither the trial judge nor the prosecutor.

Once again, Happy New Year.... Maybe you should drop anger when replying!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by sexaddict08(m): 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
safeguide:
The Civil Society Organizations, Lawyers, Lawmakers, NJC, Benchers, etc Call on President Buhari to Resign From Office for His Disobedience to Court Orders

On May 29th 2015, a former Military Dictator, Muhammadu Buhari sequel to a contested election in March 2015 against a sitting President in Nigeria, the first time in Africa, an incumbent handed power peaceably, smoothly, heroically to a political rival.

Whereupon Mr Buhari then took the Oath of Allegiance to protect the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 and the President’s Oath of office to discharge his duties faithfully, in accordance with the Constitution and the Laws of Nigeria.

Within President Buhari’s first year in office, too soon after he took the revered Oaths, he and state agents acting under his supervision, now demonstrate total lack of respect for Court Orders and at his maiden media chat on Wednesday 30th Dec.,

Instant, Mr President made puerile attempts to justify these breaches, he said inter alia that some persons his regime locked up in cells dehumanized against court orders,

Nnamdi Kanu had travelled without his passports.  But under the Immigration Act, the President or the Minister may deport anyone who travels without a valid travel document or detain for a period not exceeding 7 days.

In holding Mr Kanu beyond the required period they have infracted on the Immigration Act, the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 and subsisting court orders.

With regard to issues of “self-determination”, the crux of Nnamdi Kanu’s campaign of the Independent People of Biafra, IPOB, having communicated IPOB’s intent to all and the United Nations as required by UN Covenant on  Civil and Political Rights  ratified by Nigeria, that people of any community or group may wish to exercise the right of self-determination with a view to pursuing their economic, social and cultural development; aware that their dignity as human persons had deteriorated and been consciously degraded under the present dispensation, sadly appearing power inebriate.

Call on President Buhari to resign from office or face impeachment proceedings. Alternatively avoid another Burundi, call him to comply with the Orders of  Courts.

Attorney Carol Ajie, LLB(Hons) Benin; B.L(Lagos); MCIArb(UK); LL.M Int’l Legal Studies (Georgetown)

http://plusmouth..com.ng/2016/01/president-buhari-to-resign-from-office.html

if you're done ranting just let us know by sitting down
Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by teufelein(f): 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2016
folks, ab.oki tonybarcanista is EVIL, a worst enemy of Ndiigbo, relegate him to background. he's a nonentity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by sexaddict08(m): 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
LadyExcellency:
I was very much disappointed when I read one shallow article from tonyebarcanista today trying to justify abuse of court process and judiciary in general by the government of Mohammadu Buhari.

The justification and reasons given in the said article typify intellectual fraud where a combination of hate and inability to interpret a two sentence judgment overwhelmed him thereby obfuscating the entire pronouncement delivered by the honourable judge.

grammar cannot help you now oooo, so better speak so everyone can understand your predicament..
Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by Visocrate(m): 4:35pm On Jan 01, 2016
shut that thing called mouth story for the gods Amado oha , sango and others
Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by teufelein(f): 4:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
President Muhammadu Bu­hari held his first Presiden­tial Media Chat on Wednes­day fielding questions about some of the key issues in the country. He then made some key comments in­cluding the following:

On the continued detention of suspected looters and alleged vi­olation of court orders by the DSS

“You can see the type atroci­ties that those people committed against soldiers and the country. The former president goes to the governor of the Central Bank and say, ‘give N40bn to so, so, so… And then he fails to account for it and you allow him to go and see his daughter in London while and you have two million people in IDPs, half of them don’t even know their parents. Which kind of country do you want to run?”

“And the one you are calling Kanu. Do you know he has two passports – one Nigerian, one Brit­ish – and he came to this country without any passport? There are criminal allegations against him and I hope the court will listen to the case.”

The embattled Director of Ra­dio Biafra and Leader of the In­digenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, is facing criminal trial for treason while Former NSA Sambo Dasuki who is standing tri­al on a 22-count charge for alleged diversion of funds, misappropria­tion and breach of trust to the tune of N19.4 billion is currently fight­ing for bail.

If Buhari is the British PM and made the above statement “[Do you know Kanu brought in sophis­ticated weapon into the country?”] the prosecution’s case against Nnamdi Kanu would have been ir­reparably damaged and the court will have no choice than to throw the matter out! While in the case of Dasuki; it will take an exceptional­ly courageous Judge to grant him bail now that the matter has been foreclosed by the president.

In 2014, remarks made by David Cameron came close to derailing the final stages of the phone-hack­ing trial after the prime minister made comments about former spokesman Andy Coulson while the jury were still considering ver­dicts on two charges against him.

Mr Coulson’s barrister wasted no time asking the trial judge to discharge the jury from the case due to Mr Cameron’s comments.

While Mr Cameron’s remarks were not a direct intervention in the same manner as Buhari did yesterday, they were nevertheless capable of affecting the credibili­ty of the defendant. Of course, Mr Cameron was not prosecuted for contempt but Mr Justice Saunders, the judge in the phone hacking tri­al, considered halting proceed­ings after David Cameron’s com­ments on the conviction of Andy Coulson. This followed applica­tion made to discharge his jury on the basis that it is no longer possi­ble for Andrew Coulson and Clive Goodman to have a fair trial on the matter.

The matter does end with the law of contempt. Mr Cameron is of course – whether he likes it or not – a public authority for the pur­poses of section 6 Human Rights Act, HRA. And when the Prime Minister made his ill-advised re­marks about Mr Coulson he was bound by the HRA to act in a man­ner compatible with Convention rights. Article 6(2) of the Europe­an Convention on Human Rights guarantees that ‘everyone charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law.’

British politicians have tradi­tionally been very careful not to comment on sub judice proceed­ings, and rightly so.

In New South Wales a serv­ing Premier did comment on ac­tive criminal proceedings. In DPP v Wran (1987) 7 NSWLR 616 the NSW Court of Appeal held that Premier Wran was in contempt when he publicly declared that Li­onel Murphy was innocent of all charges as the latter awaited a re­trial. Mr Wran was fined.

The Court of Appeal noted that it was ‘a serious contempt of court to make public assertions about the guilt or innocence of an accused which have a tendency to preju­dice the fair conduct of an impend­ing trial. It does not matter wheth­er the assertion is of innocence or guilt. Either is capable of affecting a potential juror’s mind and of de­feating the [right to a] fair trial … It must be made plain in particular that the courts will not tolerate the deliberate intervention of those in positions of authority who deploy their power and prestige in support of assertions of that kind.’

The European Court has held that comments by politicians on pending criminal cases are capa­ble of infringing Article 6(2). Thus in Allenet de Ribemont v. France [1995] ECHR 15175/89 the Min­ister of the Interior and the Direc­tor of the Paris Criminal Investi­gation Department identified the applicant as being responsible for the murder of a member of the Na­tional Assembly. In finding a viola­tion of Article 6(2) ECHR the Eu­ropean Court held as follows:

36. The Court considers that the presumption of innocence may be infringed not only by a judge or court but also by other public au­thorities.

37. At the time of the press con­ference of 29 December 1976 Mr Allenet de Ribemont had just been arrested by the police. Although he had not yet been charged with aid­ing and abetting intentional hom­icide, his arrest and detention in police custody formed part of the judicial investigation begun a few days earlier by a Paris investigat­ing judge and made him a person “charged with a criminal offence” within the meaning of Article 6(2). The two senior police officers pre­sent were conducting the inquiries in the case. Their remarks, made in parallel with the judicial investiga­tion and supported by the Minis­ter of the Interior, were explained by the existence of that investiga­tion and had a direct link with it. Article 6(2) therefore applies in this case.

39. Like the applicant, the Com­mission considered that the re­marks made by the Minister of the Interior and, in his presence and under his authority, by the police superintendent in charge of the inquiry and the Director of the Criminal Investigation De­partment, were incompatible with the presumption of innocence. It noted that in them Mr Allenet de Ribemont was held up as one of the instigators of Mr de Broglie’s murder.

40. The Government maintained that such remarks came under the head of information about crim­inal proceedings in progress and were not such as to infringe the presumption of innocence, since they did not bind the courts and could be proved false by subse­quent investigations. The facts of the case bore this out, as the ap­plicant had not been formally charged until two weeks after the press conference and the investi­gating judge had eventually decid­ed that there was no case to answer.

http://authorityngr.com/2016/01/President-Buhari-has-killed-the-case-against-Nnamdi-Kanu-and-Dasuki-(1)/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by Tkester: 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
manuelzz:

You guys should learn how to ignore Barcanista,the guy is just a two-bit hustler..No need of attaching unnecessary importance to his deranged posts on here. Happy new year.

Honestly, I don't even know why people pay attention to that daft. Anyone who is so blind enough not to notice Buhari's excesses is probably an incompetent illiterate. I like the idea of Buhari disobeying court orders, these things are all precursors to a society that will very soon disintegrate. Please let's pray Buhari disobeys more court orders and becomes more brutal, they are all blessings in disguise, only the wise will understand.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by chernest2002: 4:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
Let us wait until Buhari turns himself to mugabe before we start talking. May Oluwa help nija. Proudly 5%

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by omolami: 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
This call is long overdue. NASS should hasten this by compiling all buhari's atrocities to include his interference with house of rep exotic car purchases. That should by his waterloo
Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by Candyrain(m): 6:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
Rose2014:

I believe he has returned again to APC. You'll notice that most of his comments these days usually start with "though I'm pro PDP, but........ "
Go figure.

"Anyone supporting PMB's direct insult and disregard for the third arm of government is foolish and an enemy of the state. If the constitution of the land is supreme then everyone within its boundaries must obey it, including the President of the nation. If the president cannot uphold the laws of the land, then the same Presidency has no right to demand that the masses obey the laws of the land.

Whether or not the article is coming from Washington isn't important. But it's important is that since the zombies are more ran willing to defend the high handedness of their master, then it behoves on every other person to call their bluff.

The laws claim all accused are innocent till proven otherwise before a competent court of law. Is PMB insinuating our courts aren't competent? And then the court set a man free but the zombies boss won't allow the man to walk free. Isn't that an invitation to chaos and anarchy? Is democracy too advanced for the black man? Why do we have a constitution?"

It's very obvious that even the blind can see that he wants to go back to his vomit, he wants to decamp back and he should go ahead without shame.

I think his problem is how to declare it openly. I've noticed that whenever he wants attention he opens a thread on Igbos. The other time he created a thread praising Awolowo and denigrating the person of Ojukwu at the same time.

He should continue, he'll meet his waterloo soonest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by oyinkinola: 7:15pm On Jan 01, 2016
...If the constitution and human right charpter which made to protect the nation against the internal and external aggresors, turned to the protection of criminals, looters, and terrorists, I wonder in which world we are! and I doubt if the world would know peace any more.
Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by Babacele: 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
carinmom:
Keep deceiving yourselves.
oh very apt a response. short, punchy n st8, n meaningful unlike the nonsense deceit posted by the OP.
Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by Benjoh(m): 8:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
Joke of 1st Jan 2016. Gbabesky you go fear fear.
Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by omocalabar(m): 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2016
modath:

How come the topic is different from the yeye article? smiley
Una not dey rest cheesy
cos the OP is sick
Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by ideykwum: 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
The information may have been gotten from an unreliable source; but the OP is not wrong. Dame Carol Ajie has been in the forefront of condemning this gross abuse on the judicial system. I know her online yahoo group has the creme dela creme of the legal profession as members, and they include all those mentioned by the OP. Don't always be quick to conclude out of malice... sometimes some information may not be available to you. I also hope the moderator won't take a hasty decision.

omenka:

Rule 8: Don't post false information on Nairaland.

Mynd44, please take down this thread and ban the Op for a gross violation of the aforementioned Rule.

These are bodies whose pronouncements/statements bear a lot of importance as they affect the polity. Clearly, this op seeks to misinform the public with this thread as no such statement has been issued by any of the bodies.
Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by Blunttalker: 10:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
LooooooooooooL

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by nenergy(m): 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
cheruv:
What are law makers waiting for
Initiate proceedings against buhari and have him impeached for breeching the constitution and initiating dictatorship.
If that fails have foreign powers step in to restore the rule of law
Listen to yourself; "Impeach, foreign powers" grin What will you say if KANU and Dasuki jumps bail and go exile abroad?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by drss(m): 10:59pm On Jan 01, 2016
Rose2014:

"Nigerians are evil and that's why nature almost always gives them very wicked and primitive leaders in crucial offices. Truly, every people deserves their kind of leaders. This is an epic example of a zoo- a situation characterised by confusion and disorder.

There's no way a smart person won't try to understand how blacks think. I doubt their sanity to a very large extent.

From the onset, assuming we have anything close to a same society, PMB, having scuttled a duly elected democratic government in the past, won't have even smelled a nomination BUT this is Nigeria where mind boggling absurdities occur at an alarming rate.

In governance, you judge a man's future performance by his past records. That was exactly why some of us refused to vote him despite the toga of reformed dictator that was foisted on him by the zombies, mumu party. The leopard never changes it's skin. A dictator who has a tainted history of existing an aberrant behaviour cannot be expected to appreciate and even understand the basic tenets of democracy.

With a simple word this guy killed the Judiciary last night. It's the duty of the people to defend their nation against its government.

Only the courts have the final say on a case brought before by anybody else, including the Presidency.

true talk. 2 bottles of fanta for u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by CUM4WHAT(m): 6:55am On Jan 02, 2016
Rose2014:

and can a black nation nation ever respect democracy? For your info, democracy is a scam...... I need not talk much coz if yu check statistics yu wud find out only democracy nations shout d 'most' and are far from development.......... A black man isnt disciplined by nature so he shudnt b left alone to take laws into his hands..... We need moderate force to abide by laws.
Re: President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC by ogasnow: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2016
LadyExcellency:

What a shameless means of gaging opposing views.

Like Buhari, like his sycophants.

Sorry. What he is saying is that the information shared by the poster...on which you are hinging your opinions...is FALSE. A FAT LIE. Those agencies have said nothing of the sort. Matter of fact, only his rubbish blog and nairaland have this story, no other news media. So think what you want of Buhari and the 'zoo' as you guys call it. Just don't LIE!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Mocks PDP, CUPP, Says The Party Is A Comedy Group / Breaking: Fulani Men Who Kidnapped Methodist Bishop In Abia Arrested Pics / Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.