Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants (7402 Views)

FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants / Aregbesola Begins Payment Of Osun Workers’ Salaries / FG Begins Payment Of Oil Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by Nigerd(m): 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2009
http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/20/310.html
FG begins payment of N65,000 monthly allowance to ex-militants
By Jimitota Onoyume, with Agency reports
Friday, November 20, 2009

PORT HARCOURT — THE Federal Government has commenced payment of arrears of allowances owed former militants in various camps in the Niger Delta.

Each repentant militant is entitled to an allowance of N65,000 per month for the period of rehabilitation.

There are two rehabilitation camps in Rivers and Delta States.

Former militants camped at Aluu, near the University of Port Harcourt, staged a protest on November 16 over non-payment of the arrears of their allowances and alleged neglect by government.

The Media Coordinator of the Amnesty Implementation Committee, Dr Timiebi Koripamo-Agary, said yesterday on phone that the payment commenced earlier in the day.

“As I speak to you, the Federal Government has commenced payment of the arrears owed former militants at various camps in the Niger Delta region.

“Normalcy has also been restored at the Aluu camp, near Port Harcourt,’’ she added.

Koripamo-Agary said government was resolutely committed to the implementation of the post-amnesty programme and would ensure that the former militants were properly rehabilitated.

She declared: “The delay in commencing the rehabilitation programme was caused by the leaders of the former militants.

“At a meeting we held with their leaders, they asked for time to enable them to study the programme. They have not responded and we are still waiting for them,’’ she said.

The Coordinator urged the former militants to exercise restraint and patience, stressing that violence would not achieve anything.

“The former militants should adopt peaceful means of conveying their grievances to government. We appeal to them to remain calm, because the programme is on course,’’ she added.

Ex-militants clash

Meanwhile, some ex-militants yesterday clashed at their Aluu rehabilitation camp yesterday. But for the timely intervention of soldiers on ground, the development would have recorded casualties, some of the ex-militants told Vanguard.

According to the ex-militants, there are about five different groups being quartered at the rehabilitation centre.

They are boys loyal to Prince Amachree aka General Adekunle; boys of General J.J.; Osama Bin-Laden; Soboma George and others.

They said the clash erupted after one of the ex-militant leaders led about 20 boys loyal to him to attack another ex-militant leader at a drinking spot in front of the rehabilitation centre.

According to them, the situation almost degenerated to an orgy of violence but for the timely intervention of soldiers on ground who stepped in to calm frayed nerves.

They said the rehabilitation centre has already been divided along lines. They therefore urged the soldiers on ground to beef up security to avert a repeat of the clash.

Meanwhile, at press time, the ex-militants at the camp were still expecting their allowances.

They said they were assured that they would be paid that yesterday, but as at 5pm when Vanguard called, they said the Major who does the payment was yet to come to the rehabilitation centre.

Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by Parohfrey(f): 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2009
good and wise move.
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2009
Na wa oh! MILITANT. , 65k.
Abeg what's the minimum requirement that one needs to be recruited as a Militant?
SSCE, OND, HNd, BSC, MSC, Phd,,,,,,, pls tell me. Any certification needed?
CISCO, ORACLE, ICAN, NIM??
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by bibiking1(m): 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2009
I would never have subscribed to the action of total elimination but i believe now that executing all those scalliwags would be better for everyone
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by vanitty: 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2009
Rewarding rapists, murderers
Who makes this laws?
They should all be in jail
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by sjeezy8: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2009
the same ones who raped young ladies abi?
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2009
how much is the allowance for youth corpers in nigeria?
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2009
period of rehab will be for how long?
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2009
then what?
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by texazzpete(m): 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2009
This is an insult to the millions of honest Nigerian youths toiling away in service for the nation.
NLC should demand a new minimum wage the same amount that the FG is lavishing on these rebadged millitants.
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by Beaf: 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2009
The govt has only successfully attracted "enterprising" criminals and murderers with this sham amnesty.
It should engage in dialogue with MEND than prolong this policy of failure of sitting with the Ateke Tom's and Boyloaf's. MEND is represented by the likes of Wole Soyinka, not the cheap criminals that have seen a way to make a quick buck by surrendering any weapon they could lay their hands on.
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by 0hsisi: 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2009
and they look just like jihadists
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by snowdrops(m): 11:49am On Nov 23, 2009
And i am boiling with rage angry angry
A 1,000,000kg bomb should be planted in their camp to blow them all to blazes
A 7 year old girl was raped by these animals during their rampage!!
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by WilyWily: 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2009
snowdrops:

And i am boiling with rage angry angry
A 1,000,000kg bomb should be planted in their camp to blow them all to blazes
A 7 year old girl was raped by these animals during their rampage!!
Raping is not good, but remember your Government gathered them together, gave them a name Repentant Militants and promised to pay them. why didn't they Honour it.
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by snowdrops(m): 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2009
And how on earth does that justify defiling a child for Goodness sake!!
Some peoples logic on this forum beggars belief.
Get something clear you slowpoke,
There is never and will never be an excuse for rape.
If they have grievances with the government there are channels to venge their frustrations.
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by WilyWily: 2:38pm On Nov 23, 2009
Raping of women is not the best way.
But i support you, go and plant 1,000,000Kg Bomb in their Camp and blow them up.
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by violent(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2009
why spend so much time on hard work, when you can become a militant, kidnap some bloody white man and demand 20 million, at the end of the day, you get amnesty and still get paid 65k a month!
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by kalmebad(f): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2009
Show of shame, and how long will this last? after rehabilitation what next? Will that make them a better citizens. wasted investment,i dont see them dropping those arm, both the Govt nad militants are jus fooling themselves and not us.
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by aieromon(m): 11:33am On Nov 24, 2009
If this will bring about peace in the Niger Delta,so be it.
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by chosen04(f): 11:39am On Nov 24, 2009
So for how long will they continue to be given OR expect FISH?
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by yjay(f): 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2009
this is sheer madness 65,000k fun awon tani? the same pple who are giving Nigeria a bad name abroad, who kidnap pple & they sometimes dont make it,rewarding pple who ve been nothing but a menace to the society while youths parade the streets looking for jobs. ABSOLUTE MADNESS!!!!!!!
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by Cristalz(f): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2009
df2006:

how much is the allowance for youth corpers in nigeria?

Thank you!
Not saying the militants shouldn't be given money, but that much when the honest, educated youths get pittance is kinda silly.

Very soon kidnappers will be offered amnesty as well and paid 150k as their business is more lucrative.
That way they won't miss it so much when they give it up.
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by cheche2(m): 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2009
everything is politics ojaree.  angry angry angry maybe i should organise my own militants. if you are interested holla me. GBAM!!!  65k think about it.  grin grin grin
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by Dandas: 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2009
Not only paying them that amount,let FG go and develop that area,u will be enjoying the resources coming from their side and be using the money developing other places,leaving the pple who own the minerals resources.Give them their fair share and treat them well.They are the engine house of Nigerian economy.
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by cyriluzo(m): 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2009
Is there a different constitution for people who raped and killed innocent citizens?, monetary reward rather than punishment?

Isn't respect for law and order part of the rehabilitation process.

I've been skeptical about these whole amnesty thing.

Very soon these militant will want to contest and win election by guns and machets.

Nigeria Beware!!!
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by Coleslove: 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2009
You see, hope its not too late to become one. Why didn't anyone tell me the forms where ups for grabs. 65k. What can i do with such?
1. Travel Abroad
2. Get Married
3. Build a House
4. Buy a Car
5. Buy Gadgets
6. I guess i should have balance left for saving too.

Any Vacancy please?
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2009
Paying money to militants is a big mistake,so what happens to rehabilitation?,cant these hoodlums be masacred or sent to somewhere else.,this stupidity is just getting too much
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by ochukoccna: 1:54pm On Nov 24, 2009
sjeezy8:

the same ones who raped young ladies abi?
Yes O! Crazy thing is government is not speaking of persecuting this criminals. Seems the amnesty now covers post militant militancy.

chosen04:

So for how long will they continue to be given OR expect FISH?
!
[size=18pt]For as long as 9ja stays in her current messed state.[/size]

yjay:

this is [size=14pt]sheer madness 65,000k fun awon tani?[/size] the same pple who are giving Nigeria a bad name abroad, who kidnap pple & they sometimes dont make it,rewarding pple who ve been nothing but a menace to the society while youths parade the streets looking for jobs. ABSOLUTE MADNESS!!!!!!!

Fun awon militants. Make we sef join and get free oil money not to mention raping UNIPORT chicks for free. grin Such craziness cry U still want to join?

df2006:

period of rehab will be for how long?

Forever!  

che che:

everything is politics ojaree.  angry angry angry maybe i should organise my own militants. if you are interested holla me. GBAM!!!  65k think about it.  grin grin grin
Yes O! Where I fit collect forms for me and my boys? before U answer, just keep 38,682 forms down for me i.e. General Black Scorpion and his jeun jeun army! grin angry shocked grin

aieromon link topic=355713.msg4985816#msg4985816 date=1259058826]
If this will bring about peace in the Niger Delta,so be it.
[/quote]

Why are we so delusional in this land? 9ja's [not just the Niger Delta's] foundations are quaking we think throwing a bandage over a viral sore will work? [size=28pt]Until we have true federalism, we are just burying our heads in the sand like ostriches.[/size]

WilyWily:

Raping is not good, but remember your Government gathered them together, gave them a name Repentant Militants and promised to pay them. why didn't they Honour it. [quote author=WilyWily link=topic=355713.msg4980500#msg4980500 date=1258983526:

Raping of women is not the best way.
But i support you, go and plant 1,000,000Kg Bomb in their Camp and blow them up.
embarassed Militant in disguise. Every1's condemning what they did, you are supporting it with the wording of your replies. Be ashamed @ least for 9ja Delta people even if for nothing. When 'supposed' freedom fighters begin to feast upon their people they claim to be fighting for, is that not a tragedy? During the invasion of Odi, 9ja 'occupying force' soldiers were even caught on camera making mincemeat of Niger Delta women. Now we see the militants are trying to outdo them. But on their own people? I puke! Well it might not be strange to you but it is to me for I didn't know chickens in the 9ja Delta chickens feed on their own intestines. Methinks we should resurrect Charles Darwin to come help us append a name to this evolutionary misnomer. Or don't U think so to?

Coleslove:

You see, hope its not too late to become one. Why didn't anyone tell me the forms where ups for grabs. 65k. What can i do with such?
1. Travel Abroad
2. Get Married
3. Build a House
4. Buy a Car
5. Buy Gadgets
6. I guess i should have balance left for saving too.

Any Vacancy please?

Not if 'goofment' deregulate the price of petrol O! Well sha if dey do, @ least dem go increase millitant allawi grin but not that of 'sufferin' kopas shocked nor gofment workers
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by Kemjisuper(m): 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2009
You sure say dem go gree graduate from the program forever? undecided
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by adventure(m): 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2009
we Nigerian are simple greedy and dont like good things, for Christ sake, what is all this yarbing against the ex-militants all about, when those guys  are blowing our pipe lines and doing all sout of this over there, we are here yarbing, now they have repent and accept peace some stupid people are still here yarbing nonsense, infact enough of all this madness, just free those guys.
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by slimes(m): 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2009
I just hope the militants would not return to the Niger Delta.
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by cyriluzo(m): 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2009
adventure:

we Nigerian are simple greedy and dont like good things, for Christ sake, what is all this yarbing against the ex-militants all about, when those guys  are blowing our pipe lines and doing all sout of this over there, we are here yarbing, now they have repent and accept peace some stupid people are still here yarbing nonsense, infact enough of all this madness, just free those guys.

who is this?, what will you do if the FG turns blind eye to a man who raped your sister(God forbid) and instead the culprit is being paid N65K.

Do you know what that means?, it means brutality is now legal. For God's sake what does JUSTICE mean to you and FG?

we are in this mess because of Injustice to the Niger Delta area but we can't continue in Injustice. The FG needs to rectify this Injustice, not by paying 65k to criminals but by investing heavily to the region it has abused and neglected.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots / Fulani Herdsmen Rob On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.