Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) (29608 Views)

Boko Haram Is Sympathetic To Buhari - Jonathan / Biafra: Kanu Apologises To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders / 'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
AfroKnight:
Lol. This makes the apology even more believable.

Kanu, it's like you are not tired of prison beans. Your fellow Igbos are busy enjoying new year rice. No one is losing sleep over your ordeal.

Deny all you want. Even Ojukwu buried his hatchet and contested to be president of the zoo.
my broda whould they undastand...they are just being brainwashed by dat man..i just hope dat one day,,they would realize wat they are doing is quite unrealistic...

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by siraj1402(m): 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
okpor2:
Nna I like that.Just like Ojukwu did by flying out wen d last biafra attempt failed?
Bro leave him alone. Nnamdi Kanu is an animal in the 'zoo'. He has to be locked up so that he won't hurt people. Isn't that what happens in a 'zoo'? God bless President Buhari, the 'Zoo' keeper.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by free2ryhme: 1:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
franudi:
Kanu can never apologise to any idiot come what may.

after eating too much weevils infested beans .. the story will change

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by Biafrarep(m): 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
MXrep:
Lol, "Why Nnamdi kanu apologised" ---- Punch
"I did not Apologize" ------------------Daily sun
Checkmating the propaganda of the sw gutter press
Tell you bro, thats why I love Sun & Vanguard & will keep patronizing them, they are really checkmating SW junk journalism. They think they are wise but we are way smarter than them. At the end of it all, the image of Buhari & Dss will be in tatters. Nnamdi Kanu is really a tsetse fly perched on their scrotum. Aside Boko haram, IPOB is already their worst nightmare. Let the game continue, Naija will never be the same again!!

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by Biafrarep(m): 1:19pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ebukaobi:

Biafrat is dead
Okipko nna, stop deluding yourself, everybody knows who you are, iwu ezi ohia onye ofe nmanu, ina aza Ebukaobi ka echere na ibu nwa afo, common zuzupu ebea, anu mpama!

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
nnachukz:
Ready to sacrificed anything in the course...KANU.
This includes his life. That is the Igbo spirit which I'm proud of. Certain people from certain tribe will rather prefer to take rat poison than to stand their ground as real men.
Are you not an igbo?..Ojukwu sef no sacrifice him life....why don't you sacrifice your life ?...or must it be Kanu? ..Na wa fo you oo

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by DanielPop(m): 1:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by DanielPop(m): 1:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
He is not, and that's why he and his people want out! Me and my people are watching Kanu/his people, you and your people. At the right time, me and my people will declare our intention to quit this marooned country! Of course, those people will now Lord it over you and your people. Your prayer answered! Ask Falae hw far! cool cool cool shocked
sule17:
Who care for ur apology. R u even a nigerian?

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by oga15(m): 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
The country was one before not now..... likewise a marriage sometime's brake up when the love which bid them have been loose.
So I don't see any reason why buhari... don't want the Biafran's, who seemed to carrying a burden in the name of one Nigeria will not go.......
If your friend said that he is tired can you force him to be your friend.

The president better do something before the red line........?

Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
Biafrarep:
Okipko nna, stop deluding yourself, everybody knows who you are, iwu ezi ohia onye ofe nmanu, ina aza Ebukaobi ka echere na ibu nwa afo, common zuzupu ebea, anu mpama!
luk at d way he has brainwashed u,chaii...have u asked urself y hasn't any of his children join u guyz in d protest...he is just protecting his children nd endangering ur lifes,,be wise nwanne,,dis life has no duplicate,once u are gone,,u are gone 4rever...a word is enough 4 d wise,,i rest my case...hapi new year nwanne...
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by klax(m): 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kanu! Kanu!! Kanu!!! How many time do I called you Ok ooo I heard you I only pity your innocent wife and kids because you are already trekking the path of one minute silent already I pray you are not consumed on that path too soon.
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by mvem(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
I want to talk of another issue....250000 tutsi died in rwanda and is still remembered today as a genocide....6 million jews in WW2 nd so on.But more dan 1 million igbos died in d civil war and nobody till date remembers d biafran war officially or d suppose genocide...i mean no remembrance.Why?yes ojukwu ran and all dat but pls read d history nd understand d reason for d war,d issue of self determination nd hatred..Read cases about d pogorom nd why it was normal for d igbos to cry nd wail for self seccession.Still with the lost(every igbo family lost either a member or members in d family during the war) d igbo man still struggled nd strived to reach great heights.U will hear stories of many changing der igbo name or denying been igbo after d war because of shame nd hatred nd everytin dat comes with loosing a war.many will say "am not igbo but delta igbo" or d igbo man made us speak there language.Thats d history of d delta igbo nd ikwerre issue.Now d igbo man is still d most industrious group in nigeria nd maybe Africa.with d southeast hving d highest enrollment in d university nd high educational status.Truly we hv done well.Am not supporting d issue of biafra now because i feel this is not d right way or d time hasnt reached.But if u go to any igbo family till date,d story of biafra is still discussed to d growing ones nd hoping dat one day it will come.am not supportive of nnamdi method,dats my opinion.But hoping one day it will come with d right source.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by sabi99(m): 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
Dandeson1:
.let me get this straight, so you call some1 a terrorist

then you come out to say I apologize for using the word terrorist but I won't apologize for calling you a terrorist,

pls children of God what's the difference...

the KANU guy is a coward, he never start, he go apologize to the whole Africa by the time the zoo DSS finish with him, even ojukwu ran when the zoo destryd the Biafra army.... with him mouth like Biafra or deathgrin he Neva Chi chum chingrin ... street ti take over, f*k boy nnamdi kanu, f*k boy Don jazzy.
wetin don jazzy do u?
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by klax(m): 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
Disaino:
luk at d way he has brainwashed u,chaii...have u asked urself y hasn't any of his children join u guyz in d protest...he is just protecting his children nd endangering ur lifes,,be wise nwanne,,dis life has no duplicate,once u are gone,,u are gone 4rever...a word is enough 4 d wise,,i rest my case...hapi new year nwanne...

May God bless you I repeat this 2016 will be your testimony year. I apprecuate a good thinker like you a lot.

Pls dont advise them let them go ahead and let's see who will suffer it. This bloody fool called kanu kept his family in Europe and asked them to jump into the street to be killed and they are happy thinking they are making sense. Soon their new names will be * eeyah sorry ooo*
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by DIVINE78: 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
Spybradd:

you will need to upgrade your brain this year,you are just disgracing yourself,haba!
grin

SEEKED?! shocked
Thank you jare but the idea of my message is clear and very true.
# Ibo race hasn't produced any hero.
# A Yoruba man in Adekunle Fajuyi laid down his life to defend an ibo man named Aguiyi Ironsi.
# Ojukwu couldn't lay down his life to defend Biafra or the ragtag soldiers he led to war. He'd rather run to a brothel in ivory coast.
# The living ibo pseudo hero, Nnamdi Kanu has being languishing in a filthy dungeon for months.
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by amaechi1: 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
nnachukz:
Ready to sacrificed anything in the course...KANU.
This includes his life. That is the Igbo spirit which I'm proud of. Certain people from certain tribe will rather prefer to take rat poison than to stand their ground as real men.

Can you lay down your life for any member of your family. Wake up don't deceive yourself. DSS custody is gradually bringing back his senses.
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
oga15:
I'm a Biafran and I have only one President MAZI ANAMDI KANU.......no other president besides him.....
what,,a current president in d prison?...aven't heard of such in my entire life..u are xo funny,dnt b ridiculous..dnt take it personal cus u might develop HBP when u hear dat ur xo called president has been jailed,,bro face reality...happy new year nwanne...
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by menxer: 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2016

“However, I am aware that in the course of making his statements to the SSS (DSS), he acknowledged the fact that certain words he used on these persons/elders during his broadcast were ‘uncomplimentary’ considering the culture and values of the African society to which he belongs.

“He further stated that he might write a letter of apology to the President to express his regret over the use of such words on him. But up until this moment, such letter, to my knowledge, has not been written..."

Why is this even an issue?
I expected to read that the DSS statement as published was the handiwork of head zoo keeper.

Accepting that Kanu "might" write a letter of apology shows he had/has apologized unofficially.

keywords:
Acknowledge, uncomplimentary, might
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by Ubiero(f): 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
The courts have ordered that Nnamdi Kanu be released. The president has no right to insist that he remain detained.

It will seem that buhari thinks he came to power through coup. He has forgotten that he was democratically elected and as such, democracy must prevail.

The judicial arm of the law has given their judgement. It should suffice. The rule of law states innocent till proven guilty.

Yes, if Nnamdi Kanu returns to Britain, Are there no means to get him back to take the stand if and when he is found guilty.

I am not necessarily in support of Biafra but the fact remains that here in Nigeria, the thief who steals 2 cubes of maggi get sentenced but the thief who steals billions get celebrated.

Our problem in Nigeria is not Nnamdi Kanu.
We need
Power
Good roads with little/no traffic
Money
Infrastuctural facilities
Water
Health care
Security and safety-The BH issue is becoming a large wormhole
Steady economy not one where naira goes as high as N285 to the dollar from N239 in 2 weeks
The CBN to be more considerate of the masses in their policies that are so rigid, any move to work around it simply means it's getting broken.

With Nnamdi Kanu still detained, we are still facing these challenges. Majority of the Igbos have gone to their respective villages to celebrate the festive season and yet we are still stuck here with these issues.

Someone who hasn't eaten can't be looking for dress to wear.

Let the president sort out the more important issues before he thinks he's running an autocratic system of government.

NNAMDI KANU IS NOT OUR PROBLEM.
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by Biafrarep(m): 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
Disaino:
Egbon baoni? who told you that Nnamdi Kanu's family is not involved in the protests? The mother and sister were actively in the fore-front during the umuahia protest. what other sacrifice do we need from Nnamdi Kanu, this is a man whose father is a traditional ruler, he left the comfort of his abode in London for a cause to emancipate his people from modern day slavery that Nigeria embodies to the Igbos. Nobody is brainwashed, rather Igbos appreciate the sacrifice of Nnamdi Kanu, we love him. He knows he might die yet he did not allow that to deter him, that is the hallmark of a hero. Let me tell you, the only thing that can stop Biafra at this moment is the practice of true federalism Nigeria. Nigeria as presently constituted is a sham, an aberration and a shame to the black man. Be wise!!

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by pasol4real(m): 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
Sahara reporters u see ya useless Life?
Thunda fire una hundred times a day.
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by LAFOCUZY: 3:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
Thinking the Biafran agitation will go away by mere waiting it out or saying it should, shows poor appreciation of the issues.

Keep in mind that the only group that wanted a united Nigeria prior the civil war was people from this zone- call them ibos, ijaws, efik, ibibios, anan, ikom etc. At the time NCNC spread transvered the north, west and east. The other political parties such as NPC, AG where mere regional party of the north and west. Abubakar became Nigerian first prime minister as a compromise, a delibrate strategy and concession for the north to join the fight for independence and become part of Nigeria. At this time in all of Awo writings and speaches he believed Nigeria was a contraption of Nations and had no confident in its existance. He considered himself not a Nigerian but a true yoruba man. This is demonstrated by the immense contribution he made as the premier of western region and subsequently as minister of finance and defactor deputy head of state in Gowon's war time administration. Never in the history of the yoruba race has there been such an unprecedented human, political and.socio-economic development. His contribution to his people was unparalleled not equalled by any of his contempories- not Zik who was a nationalist or Abubaker who is belived to be largely a puppet of sir amadu bello- who was interested in political power.

I believe that the Yorubas lost more in Nigeria, though they have emerged infullencial in the scheme of things in Nigeria. Had anyone stopped to think what will have become the state of affairs under Awolowo as the leader of the 0dua nation. Aside Lagos which is the product of the federal government and the collective contribution of all Nigeria under a friendly atmosphere provided by the local yoruba communities, most other yoruba town have not experinced any significant development relative to the resource they have compared to what Awo had.

Out of ignorance many had thought that the 1966 coup led by kaduna nzeogu was an ibo agenda. The fact is that it was an attempt by concerned officers to correct the corrupt political system that jailed Awolowo. The plan of these officers at that time appeared to make Awolowo the president of the country. There was absolutely no incentive for the ibos to take over power for they already controlled the educational sector, legislative sector, industry, adminstration, presidency, economy etc.They acted in the interedt of the nation. The officers that stopped the coup- ojukwu in kano, ironsi and unuigbe in Lagos. And Alaxander that reconciled Nzeogu and ironsi and encouraged Nzeogu to handover power to Ironsi as the most senior military officer were also Ibo officer. As a matter of fact, the officers- master mind who executed the coup did not play a part in the military government. They were pardoned Nzeogu exexuted the coup from Kaduna.

The political class who lost political control induced the anti-ibo sentiment caused the war with the massive killings of Ibos mostly in the north. They wanted political control which was impossible under a unitory military command. Some rightly argue that prominent northern politician were killed and made it an ethnic issue. The officers that planned and executed the coup had Nigeria in mind, more specifically the politician that had powers and was feuling the instability in the west between Awo and Akintola. The politicain later jailed Awo for treason and planned to send military to take over and restore order in the western region before the officers strike.

Another important thing to note is though Ojukwu may be celebrated by many but under a more careful evaluation he should not- he was unprepared for the war, he allowed Nigeria army take the arms and amunition in the east prior the war while returning eastern army officers were striped of their arms, he did not declare the war based on conviction of the cause- he was happy with the role of military administartor or governor of eastern region. He could not have declared sessioning of Biafra even after being mandated by the council of chiefs to secceed if Gowon had not created Rivers and cross river state following the Abori accord which limited his powers. He did not name Biafra. The name Biafra was recommended by an Ijaw man- a coinage from blight of Biafra which has been renamed gulf of guniea.

The point is that this group no longer believe in the oneness of this country and the divisive political struture stokes this agitation. They carry the stigma for a war that they had limited option to avoid. This has continued for 45 yrs and I don't think it will go away. Children who do not know about all these still want to seceed. Its only a true leader that might be able to change it. Its more like the case of the Germans. Fighting again after they lost the first world war. Though they lost the war but they are now highly respected and the best economy in europe. Let's deal with this agitation based on knowlegde and with wisdom

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by anticabal1: 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
Noneroone:
acknowledging that words used are uncomplimentary is not a sign of remorse. the truth can also be uncomplimentary so let some people not be deceived. it also beats my imagination why people who consider somebody a tout are still killing them selves and fabricating stories just to make it seem the 'tout' apologized

like i told stola, timemanager, egift,and other travellers to neverland. They will get kanu's apology in the fullness of time.....

...in the year 4015. The problem is- Can they be patient enough? grin
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by anticabal1: 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
ibadanfinest:
I don tire for kalu issue o, The man just wan form hero. A British fighting Biafra cause, no full Igbo man to fight Una cause ni.

I learnt ojukwu ran away but someone dey claim Igbo spirit here.

But when matter worse, Awolowo was imprisoned and did not compromise his stand until Ojukwu released him during the civil war, MKO Abiola fought for his mandate, was imprisoned and even died in prison but your own Ojukwu ran away, I will rather prefer the Yoruba spirit.

Now you believe Ojukwu released Awo from calabar prisons but you Yorubas always deny that and claim Gowon came all the way from lagos to come release Awo in the east. I'm quoting you for future reference. grin
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
jkendy:
There's only one way to achieving dreams of Nnamdi Kanu's kind which is to take his demands to the United Nations. Once a referendum is conducted and the entire Igbo race agrees to have Biafra, that's it. Instead of endangering people's lives and forming Johnny Rambo

You're right. The truth however is that 80 percent of Igbo will rather vote to stay in Nigeria if it eventually gets to referendum level. Biafra is a mere political tool in the hands of some unscrupulous elements. Kanu is not even intelligent enough to be considered a high school Prefect;he is a mere chest-beater with no iota of any brain! Igbo people have always considered themselves as smart and intelligent people but their actions and in-actions have never supported this claim. Ipob is a good reference here-bunch of mumus!
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by rallymento(m): 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
CltrAltDel:

And we keep saying this. ...stop blaming the yorubas for your present predicament. ....stop bringing yoruba in all your Biafra thread.
Go and restrategize and stop the blame game.
go back read my comment and reply accordingly..... Only then will I engage you in a reasonable convo
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by anticabal1: 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2016
Disaino:
my broda whould they undastand...they are just being brainwashed by dat man..i just hope dat one day,,they would realize wat they are doing is quite unrealistic...

The realistic thing is that nigeria will not live forever. Ask political historians, potentially explosive countries have very low life expectancy. The north taken power not to ever give it back, and you think everyone else will hold hands and sing kumbaya?
Re: I Didn't Apologise To Buhari, Jonathan, Igbo Elders- Nnamdi Kalu (daily Sun) by olajide8(m): 3:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
The people of nigeria, are not interested in any apology, at least we know you are not a Nigerian, the way you spread your bed is the way you would lie on it, treason is the offence, and there's a thin line between freedom of speech and treasonable felony- as much as the issues surrounding them are there, 1. The thought to commit 2. The attempt 3. The actual doing of it - pushing a large amount of youths into the streets on falsehood! Causing untimely death of innocent people, disrupting public peace, through inciting words. Trying to create a state within a state- claiming to be from isreal (jew) and causing unrest in nigeria- illegal entry into nigeria, using false documents/passports, keep your apology or none apology- we would meet at the pikes, with your head and that of other poisonous venomous individuals like U.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose: I Don’t Need Police, DSS Protection Again / 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB / You Are Still A Dictator -PDP Tells Buhari ….APC Anti-Corruption Crusade, A Sham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.