Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( (47782 Views)

Okechukwu Enelamah Visits Proforce Vehicles (Photos) / Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram / Ifa Worshippers Offer To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by chuchutech(m): 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
leke12:
Too shabby for an African giant!
Biko build one for us, we really need that hi-tech you are thinking, something like BMW production line will be awesome for us, zooman!

3 Likes

Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by naptu2: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
My 2013 posts.

naptu2: Anyway, I'm happy that we are getting back on track. In 1988 I was excited when I heard that they were going to commission the first made in Nigeria air force plane ( a trainer/reconnaissance plane), the Air Beetle. I was a bit disappointed when I discovered that it was based on Van's Aircraft. However, it was a beginning.

Air Beetle

Political instability and changes in government meant that we did not improve on that start. The return to democracy has seen us make a fresh start with the following:

Igirigi. An armoured personnel carrier that's built by the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON).

The Prowler. An armoured personnel carrier that's built by the Obasa brothers.

The Proforce Pf1. An armoured personnel carrier that's built by a private nigerian company.
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/06/apc.jpg[/img]

NNS Andoni. The first Nigerian built shore patrol boat, it was conceived in 2006 and built by the Nigerian Navy and a private Nigerian company.
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/05/nns-andoni-p100vanguard.jpg[/img]

And the Amebo series of drones.
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/10/plateau_state_delegation_visit_to_air_force_institute_of_technology_4_20120706_13653689243.jpg[/img]

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/07/amebo-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/09/amebo-iii.jpg?w=640[/img]

naptu2: Proforce is a private nigerian defence company that manufactures armoured cars, armoured boats, armoured buses and trucks, ballistic helmets and bullet-proof vests. Proforce's website:

http://www.proforcedefence.com/

Johnson and Victor Obasa are brothers from Ekiti State in Nigeria. They graduated from the New York Institute of Technology, returned to Nigeria and set up Obasa Speciality Vehicles (OSV). OSV makes armoured cars, fire fighting vehicles, etc.

Obasa Specialty Vehicles website: http://obasasv.com/products.html

The Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) is a government owned defence company that was established by an act of parliament in 1964. DICON makes armoured personnel carriers, AK47 assault rifles, FN-FAL rifles, ballistic helmets, bullet-proof vests, etc.

DICON's website:
http://www.dicon.gov.ng/index.html

The Air Force Institute of Technology makes the Amebo series of drones and they also developed the bomb detonating robot.

Unfortunately the institute's website is currently down. www.afit-nigeria.org

Etc

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
Destined2win:
All I see is assembly and fabrication

What else did you expect to see? Suya and malt sellers?

One of their finished cars is in front of the Hilton in Abuja..
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by showafrica(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
I will like to work here...let me bookmark the page first. Nigeria need to start adding technique to her weapons. I will invent a whole lot of things if I should find myself in a less political enviroment their. Armored Robots should be in the making.
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by flexzyb(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
i am flexzyb,is reekado banks deserve the best artist of headies 2016 or not if yes give reason if no give your reason,respect to all rapper out their Phone Number 09034536944.watsapp 09034536944,BBM 32EC6164,tweet@Bflexzyb

1 Like

Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by BigBen10: 2:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
Llanthony401:
Not bad.

Meanwhile inside lockheed martin defense cooperation

Rome was not built in day. its crystal clear they're far ahead of us but small smal we too will get there. The important thing is to start which we have done.
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by Flyoruboy(m): 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
naptu2:
My 2013 posts.

@stephenduru, if possible, you can add these pix to the first page.

Cc: leke12, oduastates.
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by XOGBADO(m): 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
GraceBestowed:
They must not be very busy because I haven't seen any war against Boko Haram yet!
okay.: ... Why not go and sit in the war front or better still watch videos of NA vs Boko haram on youtube. cheesy
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by DedeNkem: 2:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
Looks like a common mechanic shop. What a shame.
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by Nicepoker(m): 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
Road side welders can do more than this. Stop celebrating. Rubb!sh.
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by flexzyb(m): 2:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
Just wonna say congrat to all award artist

Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by toprealman: 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
Farnsworth:
THAT IS GREAT BUT WE NEED TANKS AND DEFENCE HELICOPTERS TOO.
Them Dasuki go gree?
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
wink

1 Like

Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by captain247: 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
oduastates:
Elsewhere, what I see is called a mechanicworkshop
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by chybykee(m): 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
otemanuduno:
read

1. Barcelona will win the la liga and the
Champions League back to back for the first
time.
2. Arsenal will lose Home and Away to
Barcelona in the UCL.
3. Chelsea will qualify to Q/final ahead of
PSG.
4. Man city will not qualify to quarter final
despite an easy draw against Dynamo kyev.
5. Man utd will end their unwinning streak in
their first match in January.
6. Chelsea's Hiddink will not lose a match in
January.
7. Bayern Munich will win the Bundesliga.
8. Tottenham Hotspur will win the EPL.
9. Leicester City will make the Top 4.
10. Man utd and Chelsea will not make the
top four.
11. Ighalo and Lukaku will end up the two
highest goal scorers in the EPL.
12. Lionel Messi will win the world best.
13. Juventus will claim the Seria A title again.
14. PSG will win the French League.
15. Suarez will be the Highest Goal Scorer in
La Liga.
16. Benitez will be sacked before the end of
his tenure in Real Madrid.
17. Mourinho will take charge of Man utd but
will not still make top four.
18. Real Madrid will drop out at the Quarter
Final of the UCL.

Where you from?
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
greenpasture:
Proforce is not only making armoured vehicles including MRV's ( Mine resistant vehicles), it is making armed drones and small coastal naval ships. Armed drones have the capacity to launch laser guided missiles. What is so exciting about this company is its export potential. The Nigerian Armed Forces is concluding agreements with a number of manufacturers for hard asset delivery plus blue prints. These blue prints would allow Proforce extend and customise these assets. In addition, Proforce can extend the life of some of Nigeria's legacy assets. It can for instance "armour up" the Alpha Jet to allow it conduct low level bombing raids with greater accuracy. Proforce is evidence that we should all focus on creating first class products with export potential. Such products and not oil constitute the future.

Please leave this doubting thomases a.k.a braggers to themselves. I have known proforce for a long time now when they were bulletproofing cars for some politicians. Some idiots are even calling proforce, innoson, i laugh. So u think its only innosson dts d indigenous company assemblying cars in nigeria. Proforce started wt reinforcement of vehicles. Then they went into assembly of defence vehicles. Full blown production is only a matter of time with a better power, iron and steel sector.

I say leave the doubters in their delusions.

3 Likes

Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by SUBWAY101(m): 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ugonnax:

Mumu..this has been going on under GEJ; GEJ started it. The program along with the air force drone manufacturing is under the supervision of a Biafran...Prof. Emmanuel Ezugwu, the Provost of the Nigerian Air Force, NAF, Institute of Technology and Defence Equipment Manufacturing. Thank Biafrans not Buhari.

http://www.afit.edu.ng/provost.php

You are a shameless liar. No be only biafrans, its dundeefrians. The company is owned by a Yoruba man- Adetokunbo Ogundeyin. Furthermore, it was incorporated in 2008, so stop deceiving yourself.

PROFORCE LIMITED was incorporated in 2008 as a total defence solution provider specializing in armoured vehicles and personal protection. The company’s focus is on the delivery of confidence in protective mobility.

http://www.proforcedefence.com/companyprofile.html

4 Likes

Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
Nicepoker:
Road side welders can do more than this. Stop celebrating. Rubb!sh.

You think the owners of these companies even schooled in nigeria? Ur calling them welders.

Word of Advice:

- Get off your back.
- Assess your resources (physical & intellectual).
- Start where you are & do something.

You just might end up being a millionaire by the end of the year. wink

2 Likes

Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by porigho: 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2016
Where are their. Finished products?
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by akigbemaru: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
Nigeria plant
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by Cekpo34(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
ONE THING IS CERTAIN - camera or any image capturing device is not permitted in military industrial complex except for official use. Infact locations and activities of industrial complexes are highly classified. For instance, no one heard about Manhattan project until Japan felt the heat in August 1945
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by don4real18(m): 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
If this is real, then it is stupid to publicise it. If the enemy now decides to stop the operation... What next
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by don4real18(m): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
If this is real, then it is stupid to publicise it.
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by egobetatoday: 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
stephenduru:
Check out the inside of PROFORCE DEFENCE Nigeria Limitede,a company  that is involved in defence and security equipment production. The company produces armoured vehicles – armoured panels, bulletproof glass and run-flat tyre insert.

PROFOUND DEFENCE has done many stellar works.It is  a wholly Nigerian-owned venture which in conjunction with contracted foreign armoring professionals, has created a promising range of armoured patrol and combat vehicles right here in Nigeria.PROFORCE DEFENCE commenced operations in 2008.Their productions are important in counterinsurgency challenges of these times.Indeed, homegrown defence production shall not only empower Nigerians with skill sets and job opportunities but also enhance the prestige of Nigerian defence and security forces on account of fielding locally manufactured hardware in combat operations.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/01/check-out-inside-of-proforce-defence.html?m=1

does this make sense security wise?
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by otemanuduno: 3:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
Daraph:

19.You are an slowpoke.

Abusing your prophet? Hear ye the word of the prophet and be saved, both thou and thy family.
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by otemanuduno: 3:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
Dahkogrin007:
I took u crious until u said tottenham will win d league
Bliv it and be ye happy.
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by otemanuduno: 3:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
kennosklint:
hellooo! Is new year already ar u still slpin u beta wake b4 I pures hot water on u.
Honour the prophet and live long.
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by kennosklint(m): 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
otemanuduno:
Honour the prophet and live long.
hehehehe.mr prophet
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by mensdept: 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
eme1n:
Brilliance at work. Proudly Nigerian..

You just concluded like that? Don't you see your mets asking more intellectual questions about these pics/ this "factory"?

Stttttttttu
Re: PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( by Chikwado1991(m): 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
wanna get my glasses to see this better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patience Ignores Protocol & Exchanged Pleasantries Before Jonathan / Nigeria: Developed, Developing, Or Underdeveloped Country? / Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.