Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Re: The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. (1108 Views)

Buhari's Apppintment Across The Six Geographical Zones / Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? / The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. by IgboGoat: 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
I am forced to write this after going through the responses and comments of the initial thread.

In as much as it is not a bad idea to do a comparative analysis on some geographical locations of Nigeria as the ops did, I think there should be a basis for the comparism.

Before the creation of states when there were regional governments, each region develop at a very fast pace owing to the fact that they were responsible totally for themselves. Various opportunities were harnessed and there was growth simultaneously across the nation and this growth was even bolstered by the synergic approach the Nigeria citizenry took on National development.

Personally, I think that any right thinking Nigerian youth should rather be weeping for this Nation and should look for a way to contribute his own quota to National development. As for me, all the regions are in shambles. They are all below the pass mark. There are various indices to calcualate development. Not just buildings. These indices are but not limited to

1. Life expectancy
2. Education
3. Health care
4. Power supply
5. Transportation
6. Housing
7. Security
8. Technology
9. Youth development
10. Agriculture
11. Direct Foreign investment
12. Industrialization

If your region has 100% in these indices, you have the bragging right. But if not, my people I will suggest we sit back and reflect rather than make premature comparism that will take us no where.
Re: Re: The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. by YoruBanger: 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
Even though you are a 'goat', at least this once you make sense. cheesy
Re: Re: The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. by Liberty101: 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
True talk shaa but no region or country can achieve any of those 100%

(1) (Reply)

See What Fire Did To Kure Ultra Modern Market In Minna(Photos) / David Mark Wins Re Run- Thisday Newspaper / Breaking News!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.