Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. (2185 Views)

Man Buys His Daughter N35m BMW, A Job, An Apartment For Graduating At 23(Pics / Lady And Her Father Recreate Throwback Photo Of 23 Years Ago / Woman, 23 Stabs Female Neighbour For Mocking Her Over 65-year Old Hubby (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by burninghaven: 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
I'm 23, finished my secondary school 8years ago, I was the best in a class of 31. after my graduation from high school. my mum had financial issues at that time and so i had to follow an uncle of mine who owns a computer institute, I was with him for about 3years, that was where i acquired some computer skills.

When it was time for me to return to school, I obtained a jamb form. At first, all my relatives and friends taught I was going to murder jamb unfortunately for me, the reverse was the case cos i narrowly escaped the impact with a score of 213. I read harder for my pume but was not lucky enough, I had 49.

To say that I was devastated is an under statement, but nonetheless I obtained a second form this time around I prepared harder but I got 206 as my score my pume result was 53, so I was offered an admission to study physics but out of my stupidity and naivety I rejected the offer.

so I took another jamb, but I still didn't make it, it was as if my brain had gotten to its maximum limit. I got 202 and 47 as my jamb and pume scores respectively.

At this junction I was beginning to lose faith in myself, i still took my fourth jamb, had 227, and I did a change of institution as advised by my mum's pastor. after the pume I felt terribly ill. today typhoid, tomorrow fever, a day after malaria, no one was talking about my admission, all my family ever wanted was seeing me get back on my feet again. The ailment lasted over a year, till date I don't even know what my pume score is.

The followiing year which happens to be last year I didn't even bother to stress myself with jamb cos I had a lot of issues going on within me at that particular period.

About five months ago I went to see a doctor because i was having this constant pain in my head, and whenever I bend down to pick up something from the floor, my head becomes so heavy, its as if all the blood in my body will just flow straight to my head.
so he gave me pain killers and other drugs, soon I got relieved.

Four months later the pain started again gradually not as serious as the previous one, so i visited another doctor, who after listening to all that I had to say, said I had psychological issues. He afterwards prescribed certain drugs to me which up until this day i never got any because I was tired and scared of takiing drugs having taken trailer load of drugs or the past 13-16 months.

Now I'm totally confused on what step to take next.
I'm considering taking a fifth jamb, but my health is still not back to normal. i don't even know what to do anymore. people I tutored while I was still in secondary school are all progressing in life while I remain stagnant.

sorry for posting this here, I did it on purpose because i really really need good advice on what to do.
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by blaze612(m): 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
Hi, i really feel your pains, once in your shoes before but can assure u dat in uni u ll see guys in dia early 30s. My advice is enroll for pre-degree/pre sci in any uni n resit 4 jamb(Ansu)preferable. or apply for uni in north east.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by dsquare33: 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
Yes and Yes.OP don't be afraid to take the Jamb form,I had a simliar problem but mine wasn't Jamb but Waec, in my own time it was only Waec and GCE, no NECO, and Waec used to be very diffcult that time, until I was determined that I will study hard and Pray for God's mercy to excel. When I got to the university, I thought I was the oldest until I saw my age mates,those who are older than me. Another thing is that never compare yourself to your friends who in school or have passsed out of school, who told you that you cannot get ahead in life than them ? Have you not read a passage in the Bible " the race is not to the swift nor the battle to the strong, nor wisdom to the men of skill..... But time and chances happen to them. My friend don't give up because if you do you have allowed failure to defeat you, you shall overcome, study harder than before and pray that you see God's favour in the exam.

4 Likes

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by dacovajnr: 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
I feel your pain bro...now am in tears...don't give up bro..your miracle is on the way sad
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by diportivo: 12:06am On Jan 03, 2016
Dont give up

Pre degree.....distant learning.....open university

U av options bro

1 Like

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 03, 2016
Op please take heart o. Pick a pre degree form it's better than sitting for jamb over and over and never ever think of quitting op, we all have our trying times. I was the best student in my school gained admission immediately left it and went to ghana to do marine engineering but am struggling in the course. My goal was to make first class but am on 2 2 and am fighting for 2 1
I almost quit, almost ended it all but have made my resolve to keep going and fighting no matter what happens. Everyone has their own story, and one thing never ever compare your life to someone else's own. We all have our own destinies. So op smile, pick up this year jamb form, also apply for a predegree too and you could also look into the IJMB stuff. It's not over until you say it's over. I and other members of nairaland care about you smiley

3 Likes

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by Lolaabokoku(f): 12:27am On Jan 03, 2016
Yes! Don't give up,, your miracle is on the way...
You lost something? Now it has been found..

Its ur success,,, Grab it!!!!!

Goodluck is yours

2016,, your year of sucess..

Trust me,,, cheers!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by akinz4u(m): 3:46am On Jan 03, 2016
seeing how busy u are u can gt into a polytechnic.. i tell u they are good ones around and its defintely cheap and time conservative.in 2 years u would be out of OND and get into HND are ur own doing..
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by saintneo(m): 4:50am On Jan 03, 2016
burninghaven

First, I must commend your writing skills. You have a good way to capture your audience.

On the issue at hand, your case is not impossible. I'd advice you go to God in prayers first; you need to be free from any form of hindrance to your success spiritually. You need to seek for God's intervention first.

If what you desire is to go to the university, you can achieve it; however, if you allow God to lead, you will be amazed by the results.

1 Like

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by sisisioge: 7:34am On Jan 03, 2016
Yes. Take the form and prepare harder than u did previously. Also, get a pre-degree form from your school of choice as a back up plan.

I did three jambs in total. First one while about to leave secondary sch. Got 192. Second when out(a joyride, I crashed of course) and got 180. I quickly enrolled for a diploma in my target school. By the time the next year's jamb was ready, I had already tidied my path with diploma thus 200L looked sure for me but I still did the jamb just in case...I passed but never when to collect the result.

Create a back up plan...you could still study at anytime. Getting a craft skill before entering sch could be your source of income there. I wished I learnt tailoring while waiting to start school.

1 Like

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by lolaluv1(f): 7:52am On Jan 03, 2016
Despair not.
You can take the JAMB form. You can also do predegree or IJMB in addition.
I can remember back then, I didn't take JAMB form in my SS3. So my dad shipped me off to a POLY for A-Levels the January after I graduated from Secondary School.

I was there, and took Jamb form. I was preparing for my IJMB exams too when I went for JAMB exam.
Because of the knowledge gained there, I was done with my JAMB paper in a few minutes and I scored 250. I also aced my IJMB too, which was the result I used in getting into 200level in school. I ended up not using the JAMB.

The moral of this story is to explore different options. You will definitely see your mates in school. Its even your type that will do excellently well in school sef. I see you getting a first class because you will do away with all the distractions a chewing gum boy will be carried away with.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by sauceTDA(m): 10:09am On Jan 03, 2016
Bro. Goan learn work
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by DBestDoc(f): 10:16am On Jan 03, 2016
@ OP, i think you should enroll in an open university, it will save you the stress of doing jamb again 'cause there is no guarantee that doing jamb will secure you a seat this year.

You can check the National Open University out, i don't know how good their progs. are though, but it should be a good start in the right direction.
Don't bother yourself too much so you don't cause more issues for yourself. A lot of peeps are going through/ have gone through similar stuffs.
I was around your age when i started med. Sch and yes, i spent 7yrs plus just like you...

Consider the NOUN option, you would be studying for a Bachelors and probably earning a living alongside.
Try and take your Health seriously, you need it if you must make any meaningful progress...

All the best!
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by stariobran(f): 10:22am On Jan 03, 2016
yea I would rather you picked a pre degree form. and don't be suicidal or depressed. it's not about how early but how well. I have a friend who graduated from the university at 28 and started working in a very very very (yea note the plenty very) reputable and dream exploration company. in a year he made more than he might have made if he left school at 22 and worked in just an average place.

1 Like

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by dahmie2013: 10:26am On Jan 03, 2016
Op, ur health is d principal thing. Take care of ur health first, health is wealth, in due time others will follow. Y don't u go 2 a hospital like UCH, 4 a comprehensive medical check up. All d best!

2 Likes

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by Lordwize(m): 11:05am On Jan 03, 2016
1. Your health. 2. Pray. 3. Never, never, never, give up.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by Tobillionaire19: 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
Lalasticlala, make una move this stuff to front page.

This is a very important topic and a lot of people are out there in the same situation, indecision is a very big issue especially involving a life changing project.
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by simiolu1(m): 6:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
To all recommending Pre-degree, please note that ALL students in higher institutions who wish to be issued NYSC certificate are required to have UTME reg numbers.

So even if OP does a pre-degree programme, He or she would still write UTME so as to have the reg number which is used for NYSC mobilization.

Op, you have so many options:

1. Diploma (most expensive option)

2. Pre-degree (less expensive that Diploma)

3. A-levels.

4. Learning a trade and forgetting about schooling.

5. Writing UTME again and again until you pass and secure admission (least expensive)

Let me tell the story of my elder bro.

He secured admission with his 5th utme to study AERD in Lautech (that was his first ever admission offer) but he didn't see his future in that career path so he borrowed some money to obtain his 6th utme form because he wanted to study sociology in Unilag.

To cut long story short, he graduated as the third best student in his class with a cgpa of 4.45 (someone who wrote utme six times) and is currently serving.

Funny enough, I too was among the best students in my class in Second school but I ended up writing jamb 4 times. I'm now a graduate and finished serving.

Don't ever compare yourself with others... Life is an individual race; not a collective one!

Brace yourself, you have a lot of work to do

1 Like

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by daben1(m): 7:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
bro, some people are still writing jamb at 30...
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by Fraih(f): 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
saintneo:
burninghaven

First, I must commend your writing skills. You have a good way to capture your audience

On .the issue at hand, your case is not impossible. I'd advice you go to God in prayers first; you need to be free from any form of hindrance to your success spiritually. You need to seek for God's intervention first.

If what you desire is to go to the university, you can achieve it; however, if you allow God to lead, you will be amazed by the results.

Exactly!
You said it all.
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by Fraih(f): 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
simiolu1:
To all recommending Pre-degree, please note that ALL students in higher institutions who wish to be issued NYSC certificate are required to have UTME reg numbers.

So even if OP does a pre-degree programme, He or she would still write UTME so as to have the reg number which is used for NYSC mobilization.

But from his story, he never scored less than 200 in the UTME, so even with Pds, an admission is a guarantee and his NYSC mobilization is secured
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by simiolu1(m): 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
Fraih:

But from his story, he never scored less than 200 in the UTME, so even with Pds, an admission is a guarantee and his NYSC mobilization is secured

All I'm trying to say is that if Op does pre degree; he or she would still write utme.

Shikena
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by Fraih(f): 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
simiolu1:

All I'm trying to say is that if Op does pre degree; he or she would still write utme.

Shikena
Alright.
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by juman(m): 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
grin grin grin

Take it easy you are still young. You are just 23. Better days to come.

Do not allow your temporary setback kill you mr. young man, take things easy that is way you can have sound health. Taking another jamb at 23 is not bad, taking predegree is also another way. Or instead of sitting at home start polytechnic and later go to university.

You should regularly be checking you blood pressure.
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by Onegai(f): 8:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
Try and go to a better hospital like General hospital Lagos island (they have a lot of consultants there ) or Federal hospital Abuja. You need to get yourself checked properly.

And go for your dream. It may not work out but I have a relative who was just like you and entered late into university. He got a beautiful (as in, beautiful job) and he impressed the owner of the company so much that he's almost a partner. His job has him attending meetings at Ota farm and Aso rock. No-one cares when he entered school. So don't give up, never ever give up.

1 Like

Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by Vikky014(f): 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
burninghaven:
I'm 23, finished my secondary school 8years ago, I was the best in a class of 31. after my graduation from high school. my mum had financial issues at that time and so i had to follow an uncle of mine who owns a computer institute, I was with him for about 3years, that was where i acquired some computer skills.

When it was time for me to return to school, I obtained a jamb form. At first, all my relatives and friends taught I was going to murder jamb unfortunately for me, the reverse was the case cos i narrowly escaped the impact with a score of 213. I read harder for my pume but was not lucky enough, I had 49.

To say that I was devastated is an under statement, but nonetheless I obtained a second form this time around I prepared harder but I got 206 as my score my pume result was 53, so I was offered an admission to study physics but out of my stupidity and naivety I rejected the offer.

so I took another jamb, but I still didn't make it, it was as if my brain had gotten to its maximum limit. I got 202 and 47 as my jamb and pume scores respectively.

At this junction I was beginning to lose faith in myself, i still took my fourth jamb, had 227, and I did a change of institution as advised by my mum's pastor. after the pume I felt terribly ill. today typhoid, tomorrow fever, a day after malaria, no one was talking about my admission, all my family ever wanted was seeing me get back on my feet again. The ailment lasted over a year, till date I don't even know what my pume score is.

The followiing year which happens to be last year I didn't even bother to stress myself with jamb cos I had a lot of issues going on within me at that particular period.

About five months ago I went to see a doctor because i was having this constant pain in my head, and whenever I bend down to pick up something from the floor, my head becomes so heavy, its as if all the blood in my body will just flow straight to my head.
so he gave me pain killers and other drugs, soon I got relieved.

Four months later the pain started again gradually not as serious as the previous one, so i visited another doctor, who after listening to all that I had to say, said I had psychological issues. He afterwards prescribed certain drugs to me which up until this day i never got any because I was tired and scared of takiing drugs having taken trailer load of drugs or the past 13-16 months.

Now I'm totally confused on what step to take next.
I'm considering taking a fifth jamb, but my health is still not back to normal. i don't even know what to do anymore. people I tutored while I was still in secondary school are all progressing in life while I remain stagnant.

sorry for posting this here, I did it on purpose because i really really need good advice on what to do.
pls treat ur health issues first forget JAMB for now. except if u can study very well despite ur health challenges
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by An0nimus: 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
OP pray like it's the only option you've got, See a doc and get a comprehensive check-up to know what's really the matter and lastly, enroll for another JAMB. The problem with school some times is getting into it, once you're in you'll be out before you even blink. Trust me, I know.

It's not by how fast, it's by how well.
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by 2goodbobo(m): 11:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
Don't be discouraged bro. Buhari contested presidential election not once not twice but thrice and he eventually won. Is not howfar your mates have gone but how well. you can still pick up and overtake them bro. Your problem is more of psychological.

Stay strong and stay focus. Never give up because this year will be your year of success in all ramifications.
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by korion(f): 11:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
Vikky014:
pls treat ur health issues first forget JAMB for now. except if u can study very well despite ur health challenges
please pray for ur health, that's d most important thing. After that u can find something to do whilst preparing to write another Jamb. Goodluck to you.
Re: Do I Take A Fifth Jamb Form At 23? Someone Please Help Me. by RedCapChief(m): 12:24am On Jan 04, 2016
Sort out your health issues first . . . then you can attempt the UME.

How you feel now is irrelevant. You are just 23. Don't compare yourself with others - some will be better; others worse. What about those who are 27 still hustling JAMB after 4 attempts all in the name of studying Engineering or Medicine,yet they are prepping hard for 2016. It will also be a bonus if you could learn a skill

Get well and then get back to your books.

(1) (Reply)

#helpnamemybabyboy / My Father Is Feeding A Leech!! / Witchcraft Or Life Just Happened??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.