Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare (33290 Views)

'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says / How Can A Doctor Believe He Saw D Ghost Of A Patient? Religion Has Killed Naija! / Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by flyca: 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
Here comes a wise man! Nigerians are so gullible.

The country where I live does not have any religious inclinations yet you are fifty times more likely to be swindled in Nigeria than here!

Pathetic! cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by babyfaceafrica: 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
Religious fanaticism and tribal bigotry are the two cancaworms dat are destroying Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by derrick333(m): 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
SirWere:
Very very true. I weep for my country
Ruq:
It has Killed more than That.
dominique:
He does have a point. We're too over-religious in this country yet so many atrocities are being committed all accross the regions.
Confirm!!! religious extremist r d major P,nt only in 9jà but d entire world
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by ahkenaten(m): 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
kk
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Tpave(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
Religion is the problem of the whole world. Remove religion and 90% of the worlds problem is solved.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Ehisnaruto(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
Too much emphasis are laid on Religion in Nigeria, yet the rate of crime, evil, and wrong doings are on the High side

I really pity this country

6 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by winner01(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
grin
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by anonimi: 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
Very true.
Very true.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by winner01(m): 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
Tpave:
Religion is the problem of the whole world. Remove religion and 90% of the world problem is solved.
Yeah, except for north korea and china

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Siddeek: 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
Islam hasn't kill my rational thinking. It only consolidated by strong trust and believe in Allah S.W.T. Idont know about other religion anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by FOODIC(m): 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
summary:: morality is doing what is right irrespective of what yu r told....but religion is doing what yu ar told irespective of what is wrong

happy sunday nairalanders

4 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
Tpave:
Religion is the problem of the whole world. Remove religion and 90% of the world problem is solved.

You sound misinformed

4 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by orledaj(m): 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
Hmmmm.....prof
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Tpave(m): 12:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Very true.
That's how somebody's half tank dried up in less than 10km after his car was hijacked... grin

I went for a condolence visit on Sat, this lady lost her baby. She was having prolonged labour and her pastor said she shouldn't be operated on. They all came to the hospital and started praying_ the husband refused to give consent, she sef wanted to push.

Well, she finally pushed. She pushed a stillborn cry

I never see that pastor that would make me gamble with my life.
On point besides I am in love with your dp
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Ycmia: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
You now see where the tentacles of backwardness of slumbing-giant of Africa is rooted from

3 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by seedorfg(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
interesting, so true
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by TruthHurts1(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
lasisi69:
Exactly...

No "end time"?

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by allthingsgood: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
This is sooo true. Nigerians have completely lost rational thinking on account of religion. And its a pity! We are constantly fed all manner of lies and deception...from the pastor that travels abroad to sleep with his members (COZA) to the one that slaps members (Oyedepo) and the one that burns members alive (Pastor King). Its like we simply cant get enough of the humiliation. Still u find thousands struggling and in some cases even paying to go to church (pastor chris)! Smh

12 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by erusen: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
Why is it that when we want to go to church we begin to hear stuffs like this
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by menacetosociety: 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
Religion is bullshi.t undecided

4 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by modath(f): 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
dominique:
He does have a point. We're too over-religious in this country yet so many atrocities are being committed all accross the regions.

I personally am asked by fellow church members if I'm truly a christian cos i call out some excesses i see around us... We are beyond enslaved, we have been rendered sub human...

Cc SonOfLucifer ... weren't we having same convo ydy? Dejavu right ? smiley

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by XXX3XXX: 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
100 % correct, that's the real big problem of NIGERIA, well WHAT DO WE DO NOW?

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
My philosophy has always been to talk to God directly and not through any religious leader.

I believe a special judgment day would be reserved just for Nigerian religious leaders.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
It really has.

Just reading comments on NL alone gives it away. Sometimes I read things and just think "na waa ooooo".

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by menacetosociety: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
Siddeek:
Islam hasn't kill my rational thinking. It only consolidated by strong trust and believe in Allah S.W.T. Idont know about other religion anyway.
Islam!!!I no fit laugh grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Kingosytex(m): 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
you are 100% correct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by lasisi69(f): 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
TruthHurts1:

No "end time"?
no.... Or is it?

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Tpave(m): 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You sound misinformed
You can say that again and again as if I care

6 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
Tell them Prof....

If I talk, they term us Atheist and infidels...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) / Altar Boy Dies After Building Fell On Him While Going Home From Church. Photo / 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.