Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Why We Need Business Grants - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why We Need Business Grants (779 Views)

I Need Business That Can Give Me Profit Weekly / NERC Grants Gencos Right To Sell Electricity Directly To Consumers / CBN Grants Manufacturers Access To $660m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Need Business Grants by Boomark(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
I, and I believe most Nigerians have been waiting for a program that will give start-ups, businesses grants to start and carry on with their businesses and create jobs. Until recently, this present administration made it possible for graduates and start-up businesses to access the CBN MSME N220 billion loan. I reasoned that the offer is somehow good but I might not be able to diversify and expand in a short period due to payback and because my biz plan is capital intensive, as well as the expansion plan.

When I got to CBN to make more enquiries, I was told that I can only access N500,000 by depositing my certificate and BVN. But since my business plan is capital intensive, I must have landed property in a good location(not village land o).

I became very weak on hearing this because I don't have any landed property. I was thinking so many things and at the same time smiling with the CBN guy, he was just friendly. But what can N500,000 do for an agri-biz start-up (especially agro processing) without land, regular water supply, electricity, etc? And again you must payback within one year. This offer might be good for existing businesses and traders not for most start-ups. This MSME program might not really help much in creating the needed jobs. SMEs also concurred to this in this recent article.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/2016-smes-need-buharis-blueprint/

We all know that YOUWIN really helped a lot of people with capital intensive projects achieve their dreams. So am pleading with Mr President, the ministers, senators and our reps to look in this direction and help us achieve our dreams. Even if it is a semi-grant like that of Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program, it will go a long way.

CC: Seun, Lalasticlala, isilove, dominique, FOD, puskin, naijacutee

(1) (Reply)

Ways To By-cut N50 Stamp Charges. / CAPTION This Photo, What is he doing? Endtimes business deals / Urgent Please! Can I Receive Western Union Straight To My Gtbank Euro Dorm-acc??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.