Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,497 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson (34867 Views)

Tokunbo Vehicle Advice Needed On Corola Le Or Hyundai Sonata / 2003 To 2005 Highlander Or 2005 To 2008 Rav 4... Which One Is Better / Help!! Toyota Highlander Or ML 350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
I'm sad cry
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by jmaxjohn(m): 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
This isn't battle of the SUVs
http://www.edmunds.com/acura/mdx/2007/
http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/highlander/2007/
Enjoy

My advice....d Acura MDX 07 all d way (entertainment package)
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Tonason: 8:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
There is no comparison between Japanese car with Korean car. I have third seat Toyota Highlander that I have driven for three years plus now, I only change oil using mobile one two times a year or every 4000miles. Services carriper. Since u have bigger family go for it, it holds best safety SUV in America over many years till now. Control is super, fuel economy, stability, traction control. Etc

2 Likes

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Bishops10(m): 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
Boss abeg Use that Old corolla of yours and do New year for me... #Jahbless
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by jmaxjohn(m): 8:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
Annybens1993:
I'm sad cry
Yyyy cry it's gon b alright okay!
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by slap1(m): 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
Buy a highlander. I'm wondering whether Tuscon is really an SUV. E no get balance. But Hyundai Santa Fe looks more appealing than highlander.

1 Like

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by rockiedink(m): 9:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
@OP

A Hyundai Tucson is comparative to the Toyota RAV4 (both have 4-cyl engines with circa 2.0-2.4l displacement) while the Toyota Highlander is comparable to the Hyundai Santa Fe ( with V6 engines at circa 3.5l displacement and are more powerful). You can however get the Tucson/RAV4 with a less powerful 2.7/3.0l V6 engine sha... It's all about your choice.

If price is not an issue, the Highlander is your best bet. It has the lowest true-cost-to-own of all the cars, will give you a fantastic performance even when your odometer is above 200k miles and you'll still get a good deal should you choose to resell after 5 or more years. Parts are easy to come by and if you have a head for science and tinkering, there are a few things you can do in your own sef...my 2003 Camry I dey tinker am steady myself. The only downside is that the interior of Toyota vehicles are known to be relatively bland...because they spent all this time focusing on reliability and performance.

The only reason people buy Hyundai cars is because they are cheaper than the equivalent Toyota or German counterpart. However, the cheapness comes at a cost; parts are scarce relative to the Toyota and would cost you more over time to maintain than the equivalent Toyota.

You don't want to have emergency car trouble and spend ages looking for a Hyundai mechanic when Toyota mechanics are a-dime-a-dozen.

Someone advised you about the Honda Pilot (also sold as the premium Acura MDX - they're basically the same car; na d badge be d difference). Please don't choose it over the Toyota; except you are a genuine Honda fan; you could be frustrated a la ball joint issues, gearbox wahala, e.t.c. It's a well known syndrome of cars from that stable.

Ultimately, buy what you're comfortable in and what your heart wants; na you go use the car. Whatever you buy, if you don't like it, you can always sell it off and buy something else.

All the best.

6 Likes

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by jmaxjohn(m): 9:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
slap1:
Buy a highlander. I'm wondering whether Tuscon is really an SUV. E no get balance. But Hyundai Santa Fe looks more appealing than highlander.
D only hyundai I'll b willing to buy, ever, is d hyundai elantra
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
jmaxjohn:
Yyyy cry it's gon b alright okay!
smiley
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
lestat:
Get a Lexus, it's Toyotas premium brand I have been driving mine for years and never regretted it!

Hear it's expensive to maintain. How true?
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by soleexx(m): 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2016
Highlander is pretty okay! But why don't you go for 2016 LEXUS SUV! Its the best option I can give you...God bless you
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by sucess001(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
I use an highlander. Been usin it for almst 3 yrs. Still wrks as if it's brand new. Mine Is 2005 3 rows. Its d best car vis a vis maintenance and performance. It will go tru terrains that hyundai...kia and other fancy cars cant...

Hyndai bawo!

3 Likes

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by free2blast(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
otiigba1:
Rubbish! Motors, so you did not see the 2015 Bluetec 4x4 mercedec or the the new 2015 4x4 Audi Q5 Or check out the 2015 volkswagen 4x4 Tuareg,
Are you the one paying for the car? Someone is asking for direction according to his pocket you are talking something else.

2 Likes

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by kay29000(m): 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
cowleg:
BOOKED Cowleg is back from nairaland jail... cc mynd44

LMAO!!! Welcome back Mr. Cowleg. lol!
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
Miami11:

Hyundai does not last long
maybe in Nigeria due to bad roads.

DGD1:

but then highlander can't be compared with any of those, you can compare them to rav4.
Tucson vs Rav4 vs CRV vs Nissan Rogue

Santa fe vs Highlander vs Pilot vs Pathfinder

Highlander and Tucson are not in the same class.

3 Likes

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by dampola(m): 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
If you don't want to convert your car to mechanic workshop better go for Toyota Highlander unless if it a brand new car then you can go for Tucson
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by StreamerBlogger: 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
Segadem:
There are two brand of vehicles, Toyota and others.
u Don fuckup
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by otiigba1(m): 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
free2blast:
Are you the one paying for the car? Someone is asking for direction according to his pocket you are talking something else.
exactly! He asked for opinion, i just gave my own opinion, you/he don't have to like it angry, if he could not afford these cars he can buy the one he can afford

1 Like

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Not so bro, just use the grade oil inscribed on your engine cap, and also always use Coastal oil for the servicing.

Lexus are one of the strongest cars around, hence why u see everyone rushing to buy one.

Maintenance is same with every other car as in depending on the distance you drive everyday I recommend you do an oil change every three months, also use Toyota coolant not Abro then you are good to go.

Lexus cars are stronger than any Toyota you can mention because Toyota build them as luxury brands

From the RX300 to the GX470 they and exquisite pieces of machinery ..a Lexus is a dream to drive... trust me I am a camry anaconda convert

2 Likes

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
From 2000 corolla to highlander/Tucson SUV. Hope person no go come dey halla here say him dey buy too much fuel

3 Likes

BUTCHCASSIDY:

Not so bro, just use the grade oil inscribed on your engine cap, and also always use Coastal oil for the servicing.

Lexus are one of the strongest cars around, hence why u see everyone rushing to buy one.

Maintenance is same with every other car as in depending on the distance you drive everyday I recommend you do an oil change every three months, also use Toyota coolant not Abro then you are good to go.

Lexus cars are stronger than any Toyota you can mention because Toyota build them as luxury brands

From the RX300 to the GX470 they and exquisite pieces of machinery ..a Lexus is a dream to drive... trust me I am a camry muscle convert
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by jmaxjohn(m): 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
Well, not to digress from his question...btwn Toyota highlander and dat hyundai thingy....
If that's d choice he's narrowed down to, Highlander is beta...still doesn't beat d Acura tongue
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
jmaxjohn:
Ir seems u haven't heard or seen d Acura MDX 2007/2008 with entertainment package.
U will push ur toyota Highlander into a well once ure in dat car.
Take note dat Acura is made by Honda.

3 rows of seat.
Dvd player
Matured manly design
Rear view cam and lots lots more.

Google is ur friend.
Acura is Honda's premium brand just like Lexus is Toyota's premium brand.
If you ride in rx350 of the same year as the mdx, you would also throw your Honda pilot in the well.

2 Likes

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by sellYourCar: 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
Loads of Choices ....Check us out !
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by frankobobby(m): 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
peguot is OK by me
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by slap1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
jmaxjohn:

D only hyundai I'll b willing to buy, ever, is d hyundai elantra

That's not an SUV.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Ficco(m): 9:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
demsid:
Pls put pics here cos me I no recognize em. Hope say no b that hyundai way cause fyt for headies yesterday dem dey call hyundai tyson? No buy am o. Kuku buy islander.

Lol! Please this is not that Beaf thread
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by chronique(m): 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
Well,if you're looking at a cheap functional SUV with a slim budget,the Santa Fe/Tucson wouldn't be a bad idea. However,if you need something rugged,durable,reliable and with a better second hand valu,I'd advice you go for the highlander. I have 2 units of the Santa Fe for sale(red and navy blue colors),and 2 units of the 2004 highlander with 3 row seats(gold color and army green color/fabric and leather). The highlander is a better buy if you have a decent budget. But if you're not looking at spending much,you can still get the Santa Fe. Feel free to hit me up if/when you're ready to cop it.
Mueeze:
Good afternoon.

I am looking to change my Toyota Corolla 2000 model for an SUV. I am lost in between the Hyundai Tucson and the Toyota Highlander. I would like good reviews about both cars and if you use any of them, Kindly give the Pros and cons. The Hyundai Santa Fe comes to mind too.

Enjoying the corolla, but I want to change it because I have a bigger family and the interior is bland.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Dirkcoyt: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
jmaxjohn:
Ir seems u haven't heard or seen d Acura MDX 2007/2008 with entertainment package.
U will push ur toyota Highlander into a well once ure in dat car.
Take note dat Acura is made by Honda.

3 rows of seat.
Dvd player
Matured manly design
Rear view cam and lots lots more.

Google is ur friend.

Acura is made by honda! Toyota! Nissan!

Same as the three also manufacture infiniti.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by supaslim(m): 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
Check this song out! Even the title sef funny! PEPPERSOUP! Lol, awesome chorus mehn! Jahbless on d backup! www.datafilehost.com/d/c43d4660
kingreign:
Highlander vs Santa fe, na mate? undecided
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by paycash: 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
Both are OK but apart from second handed value Hyundai can stay longer than toyota without problems if you notice Hyundai users.
Toyota problem start from sand protector, bumper and absorber as a result of bad road that is why people don't use toyota long like Benz and others.

Meanwhile it was mechanic that pushes people to by Toyota but since I stopped using toyota I don't go to mechanic frequently again.

3 Likes

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Originalsly: 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
Hmmm....stick with the Corolla rather than go for 2005/6 Hyundai Tucson ...Sante Fe or whatever. Hyundai are generally soft and are not sturdy nor durable. The one you are considering buying has already begun or is about to fall apart. If you manage to see them on the road... make your observations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vibrating Car Engine: Causes / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport / Man's Car Submerged By Flood In Benin After First Rainfall Of The Year. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.