Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson (34869 Views)

Tokunbo Vehicle Advice Needed On Corola Le Or Hyundai Sonata / 2003 To 2005 Highlander Or 2005 To 2008 Rav 4... Which One Is Better / Help!! Toyota Highlander Or ML 350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Miami11: 12:13am On Jan 04, 2016
kingreign:

Like seriously?
Hope its not first generation murano circa 03-07?
Am getting a 2010

You should see how fancy 2015 Murano is with navigation, backup camera and blue tooth
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by KingTom(m): 12:15am On Jan 04, 2016
Miami11:
Toyota anytime

Hyundai does not last long
9 years and counting. #Sonatamybabymyhoney cool
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by sulakishop(m): 12:20am On Jan 04, 2016
If no be Toyota, it can never be like Toyota. It's just two types of vehicles in the world ;Toyota and the rest!

1 Like

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by fullblast(m): 12:26am On Jan 04, 2016
This thread is really handy because I am about making up my mind in procuring 2006 highlander or 4runner
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 04, 2016
jasper83:

bro I may be wrong oooo, but I drive almost 3 brand new Hyundai buses called H1. Those buses are whack, can u imagine the air conditioner is not working properly after 2years the buses the coy bought in 2014 @ 3.67million. Toyota all the way, even the sonata my MD drives naa poo. I prefer KIA to those wash-wash product that is if you can't afford a Toyota.

Bros none of them are good @ all. I bought a Hyundai Getz and a Kia picanto when they first came to nigeria. there was a time I had 2 stay @ home for a whole 2 months just for Kia to order a part 4rm dubai. fan belt alone na 30k for Dana motors. That was then but now Kia & Hyundai are pure water on the roads. Toyota all the way. Good thinking Good product.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by initialize(m): 1:20am On Jan 04, 2016
Miami11:

Nissan brand is basically cheaper than Toyota and Honda, and very reliable

Actually I'm going for the affordability

I see... Do you consider the running and maintenance cost you incure after you have bought it?

1 Like

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by buchilino(m): 1:25am On Jan 04, 2016
Mueeze:
Good afternoon.

I am looking to change my Toyota Corolla 2000 model for an SUV. I am lost in between the Hyundai Tucson and the Toyota Highlander. I would like good reviews about both cars and if you use any of them, Kindly give the Pros and cons. The Hyundai Santa Fe comes to mind too.

Enjoying the corolla, but I want to change it because I have a bigger family and the interior is bland.

DON'T NEAR ANY HYUNDAI PRODUCT YET, COS ITS NOT ADVISABLE BASED ON MAINTENANCE COST. HIGHLANDER IS A GOOD RIDE BUT I FEAR DAT ITS OVERRATED IN D NIGERIAN MARKET. A 2004 OR 2005 MODEL CAN GO 4 AS MUCH AS 2.8 MILL, IN MY OPINION DAT PRICE IS OVERRATED. SO Y NOT BUY 2006 4RUNNER 4 2.8 MILL, INSTEAD OF BUYING 2004 HIGHLANDER 4 D SAME AMOUNT. JUST SAYING
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Motherfucker2: 2:23am On Jan 04, 2016
[size=16pt]Hyundai Tucson[/size]

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Motherfucker2: 2:25am On Jan 04, 2016
[size=16pt]Toyota Highlander.[/size]

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Motherfucker2: 2:31am On Jan 04, 2016
Comparing Toyota Highlander to Hyundai Tucson is like comparing sleep to death.

Toyota Highlander is for old men in their 80's.
Hyundai Tucson is for people who knows what's up

I have driven the two.
I drove Toyota Highlander from New York to Chicago, i stopped for 2 times to allow the car get some air into his brain.

I drove Hyundai Tucson from Ohio to Alabama which is like 24 hour drive, i never stopped on the way except to get gas or buy some food.
I arrived Alabama in just 20 hours.

4 Likes

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by kkon(m): 3:15am On Jan 04, 2016
lestat:

Not so bro, just use the grade oil inscribed on your engine cap, and also always use Coastal oil for the servicing.

Lexus are one of the strongest cars around, hence why u see everyone rushing to buy one.

Maintenance is same with every other car as in depending on the distance you drive everyday I recommend you do an oil change every three months, also use Toyota coolant not Abro then you are good to go.

Lexus cars are stronger than any Toyota you can mention because Toyota build them as luxury brands

From the RX300 to the GX470 they and exquisite pieces of machinery ..a Lexus is a dream to drive... trust me I am a camry muscle convert
please looking at going 4 d muscle wats ur take on this ride. .I. E in terms of durability, fuel economy etc, any issue I should be wary of. Really wud appreciate ur input thanks.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by XXCASH: 3:45am On Jan 04, 2016
Mueeze:
Good afternoon.

I am looking to change my Toyota Corolla 2000 model for an SUV. I am lost in between the Hyundai Tucson and the Toyota Highlander. I would like good reviews about both cars and if you use any of them, Kindly give the Pros and cons. The Hyundai Santa Fe comes to mind too.

Enjoying the corolla, but I want to change it because I have a bigger family and the interior is bland.

My advice, go for Volkswagen Bettle.

How the hell do you go comparing the two cars. Not on the same league bro

1 Like

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 04, 2016
Motherfucker2:

I have driven the two.
I drove Toyota Highlander from New York to Chicago, i stopped for 2 times to allow the car get some air into his brain.

I drove Hyundai Tucson from Ohio to Alabama which is like 24 hour drive, i never stopped on the way except to get gas or buy some food.

Which model/year of highlander/Tucson did you drive?
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by enitiObanke(m): 4:13am On Jan 04, 2016
Segadem:
There are two brand of vehicles, Toyota and others.

.....yea, that's because you haven't driven a Benz long distance before.

1 Like

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Motherfucker2: 4:15am On Jan 04, 2016
gbosaa:

Which model/year of highlander/Tucson did you drive?
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by mastasam(m): 4:49am On Jan 04, 2016
Toyota Highlander is better for you

1 Like

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by paycash: 4:52am On Jan 04, 2016
tivta:

Seems you don't know how to maintain cars, look at the car talk forum and see how people are praising corolla for zero troubles and fuel economy, even all toyota vehicles have this same trait.
So regular maintenance is what makes toyota good on the road no wonder they said toyota is a poor man's car, have you ever used any of Korea or German cars before ? Try one it if you have professional as mechanic you will forget toyota.
When car body is too lite no doubt the little fuel consumption but low comfort and body guide defective so only very few toyota products can be proofed elegant. I used more than ten of them.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by paycash: 5:00am On Jan 04, 2016
Anyway Toyota is the best car in Nigeria for beginners.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by mama777(f): 5:02am On Jan 04, 2016
tucson is cool but i will advice u to go for toyota highlander cos have driven these two cars.toyota highlander is far more better than the other

1 Like

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 04, 2016
Motherfucker2:

You didn't post the right pictures then. You were comparing 2009 model Tucson to 2002 Highlander...

Tucson 2009 pic above and highlander below.. Be honest with yourself...highlander beats Tucson aesthetically n performance wise.

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 04, 2016
paycash:

So regular maintenance is what makes toyota good on the road no wonder they said toyota is a poor man's car, have you ever used any of Korea or German cars before ? Try one it if you have professional as mechanic you will forget toyota.
When car body is too lite no doubt the little fuel consumption but low comfort and body guide defective so only very few toyota products can be proofed elegant. I used more than ten of them.

Wrong, availability of spare parts and the right expertise to sort the cars when the red lights pops up on the dash board affects people's decision in buying cars. A lot of people would go for the Benzes and BMWs if the right mechanics and parts are readily available.

1 Like

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Borosilicate(m): 6:38am On Jan 04, 2016
no mater d characteristics of d feature u want in SUV......Toyota if preferable to Hyudia.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by kingreign(m): 6:54am On Jan 04, 2016
Motherfucker2:

I have driven the two.

Uploading a 2014-2015 Tucson and uploading a 2004-2007 Highlander, na wa o. Why not upload a 2014-2015 MY highlander side by side? As for the issue of allowing air into the brain of your car, maybe it's applicable to your a alone sha vos I've used mine 4 years.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by kingreign(m): 6:56am On Jan 04, 2016
gbosaa:

You didn't post the right pictures then. You were comparing 2009 model Tucson to 2002 Highlander...

Tucson 2009 pic above and highlander below.. Be honest with yourself...highlander beats Tucson aesthetically n performance wise.

Tell him, even a 2001-2003 MY highlander beats the Tucson in looks, practicality and performance.

Tucson is a compact CUV, highlander is a mid sized CUV.

1 Like

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by kingreign(m): 7:02am On Jan 04, 2016
paycash:

Have you ever seen a poor man dishing out close to 15m to buy a brand new Prado,
7m to buy a camry, 9m to buy a highlander and 5m to buy a corolla?

May I even remind you that OEM parts for Toyota aren't cheap, in fact they're amongst the most expensive replacement parts compared to other cars. FYI, Toyota for USA is targeted at fleet owners and middle-class, but in Asia, its targeted at high income earners. Go research better.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 04, 2016
kingreign:

Tell him, even a 2001-2003 MY highlander beats the Tucson in looks, practicality and performance.

Tucson is a compact CUV, highlander is a mid sized CUV.

He wasn't being fair on the highlander. He posted the picture of 2015 Hyundai Tucson as against the 2002 model highlander.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by kingreign(m): 7:10am On Jan 04, 2016
gbosaa:

He wasn't being fair on the highlander. He posted the picture of 2015 Hyundai Tucson as against the 2002 model highlander.
2015-date MY highlander vs 2011-2013 MY highlander.

1 Like

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Segadem(m): 7:18am On Jan 04, 2016
enitiObanke:

.....yea, that's because you haven't driven a Benz long distance before.
how many Benz u see on your road nowadays. grin
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by tivta(m): 8:25am On Jan 04, 2016
paycash:

Yet they are the world's number 1 selling brand?
Yes Honda is beautiful BUT, the issues they have are numerous...
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by bigfrancis21: 8:45am On Jan 04, 2016
Mueeze:
Good afternoon.

You should have put up pictures of both types of cars for people to better judge and recommend for you. I had to look up pictures of both type of cars to compare. You also did not mention the year models you're interested in for better comparison as each yearly model tends to differ in looks from the others.

Anyway both the tucson and highlander look a lot alike. However, since you're going to be driving the car in Nigeria and given the bad state of Nigerian cars I would recommend the Hyundai Tucson because its under side it high enough to survive Nigerian roads compared to the Highlander. From what I saw, the highlander is quite lower than the Tucson and may not survive the Nigerian road system long enough, except you're going to be driving it mainly in the VI-Lekki-Ikoyi areas of Lagos state or in Abuja. Another thing you should also consider is the availability of spare parts of the model and also availability of mechanics well-experienced in fixing of the car should something go wrong. These 2 factors should be your main factors to consider when choosing which of both to buy.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Dapsin2901: 8:53am On Jan 04, 2016
We have cars and suv toyota and the rest..... toyota is the best above the rest
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 04, 2016
kkon:
please looking at going 4 d muscle wats ur take on this ride. .I. E in terms of durability, fuel economy etc, any issue I should be wary of. Really wud appreciate ur input thanks.

Bruv pls if u can, stay away from saloon cars, Nigerian roads just don't help them at all, if u can afford it go for a jeep, the higher ground clearance benefits cannot be over emphasised.

The Muscle is a great car, like all other cars what matters most is engine maintenance!!

Pls find one mechanic and stick with him!! I repeat do not go around giving your car to many different mechanics!

Do your servicing every three months maximum, use only totyta coolant in your radiator!! Never use water and this coolant should be drained once a year!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vibrating Car Engine: Causes / Man's Car Submerged By Flood In Benin After First Rainfall Of The Year. Photos / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.