Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,290 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson (34852 Views)

Tokunbo Vehicle Advice Needed On Corola Le Or Hyundai Sonata / 2003 To 2005 Highlander Or 2005 To 2008 Rav 4... Which One Is Better / Help!! Toyota Highlander Or ML 350 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by dammytosh: 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mueeze:
Good afternoon.

I am looking to change my Toyota Corolla 2000 model for an SUV. I am lost in between the Hyundai Tucson and the Toyota Highlander. I would like good reviews about both cars and if you use any of them, Kindly give the Pros and cons. The Hyundai Santa Fe comes to mind too.

Enjoying the corolla, but I want to change it because I have a bigger family and the interior is bland.

Buy highlander if you can afford it. Though tucson will use less fuel but high lander has readily available parts in the market.

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by niceface(m): 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
It all depends on the condition of the car you are buying. I bought a clean second hand Tucson over 5 years ago and I am still enjoying it up till today. I usually service it twice a year and it's serving me well because it was in a good condition when I got it. The brand name of the car is not as important as the state of the car viz a viz, mileage traveled so far, engine condition, neatness of the body and interrior

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
Op. For Nigerian roads, I recommend a tundra or a 4runner.

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
frrank:
Go for Highlander.

Note: highlander has almost same capacity as the corrolla.. .. Btw you can still try camry 2007/2008 you won't have any regret.
d same capacity?......no oooo......d boot is bigger and since d op's family is now bigger he needs a boot dat can carry human beings. op dis one na joke ooo

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by jmaxjohn(m): 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
slap1:

That's not an SUV.

I know dat. Just stating dat it's d only worthy hyundai to buy
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mueeze:

Enjoying the corolla, but I want to change it because I have a bigger family and the interior is bland.
wen i saw dis i was wondering why you are not going for a mini bus like sienna? most highlander are 5 seater suvs,jst like d corrola,except those dat have a third roll (which i doubt will be spacious),back to ur topic,i will advise u go for d highlander,its a very good ride...check online too for useful infos.......wish u success

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by tivta(m): 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
paycash:
Both are OK but apart from second handed value Hyundai can stay longer than toyota without problems if you notice Hyundai users.
Toyota problem start from sand protector, bumper and absorber as a result of bad road that is why people don't use toyota long like Benz and others.

Meanwhile it was mechanic that pushes people to by Toyota but since I stopped using toyota I don't go to mechanic frequently again.

Seems you don't know how to maintain cars, look at the car talk forum and see how people are praising corolla for zero troubles and fuel economy, even all toyota vehicles have this same trait.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Reference(m): 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
Most replies are on point. Personally I would favour Toyota over every model and year but a mint Hyundai. And you have not stated which state you are located. Traffic and road conditions are the number one test beds.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Wallade(m): 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
Go for Highlander, any day or time!
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by ecksam: 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
[b][/b]man, I deal in cars, I work wit CHRISTAB GLOBAL RESOURCES a clearing and forwarding company am also d branch manager of dis company seme border command. b4 u buy a car, u tink abt first»cost of mentanace,wch involve fuel consumtion. Secondly» u look @ d avaliability of d part of dat car u are buyin, and u shuld also check d durabilty of d car u buyin. All dis determine d demand rate of a car. Toyota highlander is beta.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
I will advice he gets Hyundai Skelemba 2016 model

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by zirochi: 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
Guy from Experience Japan is better than Korean product. So for your good, Go for the Highlander.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by jasper83: 10:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mueeze:
Good afternoon.

I am looking to change my Toyota Corolla 2000 model for an SUV. I am lost in between the Hyundai Tucson and the Toyota Highlander. I would like good reviews about both cars and if you use any of them, Kindly give the Pros and cons. The Hyundai Santa Fe comes to mind too.

bro I may be wrong oooo, but I drive almost 3 brand new Hyundai buses called H1. Those buses are whack, can u imagine the air conditioner is not working properly after 2years the buses the coy bought in 2014 @ 3.67million. Toyota all the way, even the sonata my MD drives naa poo. I prefer KIA to those wash-wash product that is if you can't afford a Toyota.

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Crown01: 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
You can't compare any Toyota with Hyundai in the first instance. Highlander is one of the best SUV by toyota in the market in terms of durability, speed, and balancing. Very rugged with its parts readily availablle rergardless of its model. Easy to maintain with second hand value. I miss AAA21AC 2004 Toyota Highlander snatched at gun point over 2years ago. Ma real machine.

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
jasper83:

bro I may be wrong oooo, but I drive almost 3 brand new Hyundai buses called H1. Those buses are whack, can u imagine the air conditioner is not working properly after 2years the buses the coy bought in 2014 @ 3.67million. Toyota all the way, even the sonata my MD drives naa poo. I prefer KIA to those wash-wash product that is if you can't afford a Toyota.

Hyundai and kia are exactly the same thing mechanically since they are produced by same company. Just different in designs.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Ninilowo(m): 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
Highlander all the way. Good ground clearance, abundance of spare parts and availability of technicians.

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by lagosrd: 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mueeze:

Na because I no sabi I open thread now.

If you want rest of mind pls buy highlander that what I use
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by gbengx: 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
I'll advice that u look for highlander that has the third row as well as 4 cylinders. Having driven a corolla, if you go for a V6 Highlander, your fuel bill will almost double . I have a corolla & a v6 Highlander so I'm speaking from experience. Hyundai cars are also fuel efficient but not sure if Tucson has a 3rd row....

Highlander is rugged though it has a very very bland interior. Nonetheless, go for it.

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by omoobaswagga(m): 10:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
I would rather go 4 Highlander...
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
Totally wrong
Segadem:
There are two brand of vehicles, Toyota and others.

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by slap1(m): 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
jmaxjohn:

I know dat. Just stating dat it's d only worthy hyundai to buy

Haha. Sonata make sense too.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by saintjoel(m): 11:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
You can check from www.Edmund's.com for reviews but HIGHLANDER is better.....

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by moweta(m): 11:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
I will always choose a toyota.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by wizkidblogger(f): 11:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Toyota any time any day. Mum just bought one for me last week.

Congrats mumu 's pet wink

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by bibixx(m): 11:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
You have a good choice about vehicles but I will gladly tell you that it's either a Toyota product or Tricycle ...
Toyota products have all the value I will mention
1. Fuel Efficiency
2. Second hand value
3. Affordable spare parts
4. Easy to get any Toyota parts
5. Durability e.t.c

I'm a dealer maybe that's why I can tell you all I know about Toyota product.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Segadem(m): 11:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
castroevans:
Totally wrong
absolute right.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mummy's boy!
Godswillnwaoma:
Toyota any time any day. Mum just bought one for me last week.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Miami11: 11:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
initialize:
I'm interested in this discussion but the cars of choice are:

Toyota Highlander 2005-2007

Rav 4 2008

Honda Crv 2003 - 2008

Honda Pilot 2005

And

Mitsubishi Outlander

I'm getting Nissan Murano, add that to your list
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by kingreign(m): 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
paycash:
Both are OK but apart from second handed value Hyundai can stay longer than toyota without problems if you notice Hyundai users.
[b]Toyota problem start from sand protector, bumper and absorber as a result of bad road that is why people don't use toyota long like Benz and othe[/b]rs.

Meanwhile it was mechanic that pushes people to by Toyota but since I stopped using toyota I don't go to mechanic frequently again.
Really?
Tell me something. I've used Toyotas and I've used Toyota's and I can tell you none of my Toyota has lost a mud guard or anything underneath. People lose those items because they install wrong spec of tyres, they hit their bumper and instead of fixing it properly, they just hang it with any thing which might not even hold the guards in place. their struts are flat and the mass of the car brings it closer to the tyres which causes rubbing. Besides some people driving sedans go over rough bumpy surface on high speeds and this will ultimately cause damage to mud flap.
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by kingreign(m): 11:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
Miami11:

Like seriously?
Hope its not first generation murano circa 03-07?

Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by initialize(m): 12:08am On Jan 04, 2016
Miami11:

Why is that car cheap despite its size?
Re: Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson by Miami11: 12:12am On Jan 04, 2016
initialize:

Why is that car cheap despite its size?
Nissan brand is basically cheaper than Toyota and Honda, and very reliable

Actually I'm going for the affordability

Confirmed: Rolls-royce Cullinan SUV Is Coming With Suicide Doors (photos) / Vibrating Car Engine: Causes / Man's Car Submerged By Flood In Benin After First Rainfall Of The Year. Photos