Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,980 members, 7,956,662 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. (891 Views)

How Can I Format My Acer Laptop Back To Factory Settings Pls Nairalander. / Pls Help Me, How To Format My Pc / ***i Am Unable To Format My Acer Aspire 4720z*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by kevin96(m): 8:29pm On Jun 14, 2009
I'VE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FORMATT MY LAPTOP(HP520) AND IT KEEPS TELLING ME MY HARD DRIVE CANT BE FOUND.

PLEASE YOU GUYS  SHOULD ASSIST ME ON THIS.

I  WILL REALLY APPRECIATE IT.
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 15, 2009
Say it like this make bois understand u:
i am using an HP pavillion 1000 that came with windows vista, and i am tryin to format it with windows xp, and
an error report of cannot find hard disk keeps showing after i boot with the xp cd. . .
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by ize4cash: 10:57am On Jun 18, 2009
check the harddrive if it is properly connected,if it is.check the harddrive cable.If there is no solution.**THE HARDDRIVE IS BAD**
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by netotse(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2009
like dhtml said u need to be clearer. . .also u cld add why you want to format your computer(if you're OS is original why replace it with a pirated one? u're just inviting WGA wahala).
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by wrex001(m): 11:01am On Jun 22, 2009
@ Poster,
Had similar problem sometime last year but found a solution to it. It goes thus; Your Hard drive is set to "sata support enabled" which has made it invisible to windows XP. what you have to do is go to your CMOS setup prompt and disable the sata support option, save your setting and exit, shekinah! you are good to go!!
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by Oxone(m): 11:27am On Jun 22, 2009
thats cos u have a sata hard disk & ur prolly installing xp which is why its telling u that

the easiest thing to do is install xp service pack 3 which will recognize the sata hard disk

the others method are long & complicated
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by kevin96(m): 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2009
@wrex001
Thank you so much.
I just did what you recommended and it worked.

And i also thank all other guys who contributed to this thread.

una too much!!!
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by wrex001(m): 12:54am On Jun 24, 2009
Good to know it worked for you man. One love, Things dey happen!!! lol, but that method did not work on Sony Vaio because Sony Vaio doesnt have the sata enabled option in the CMOS setup. so that one is another route, I found solution for that too, so feel free to holla whenever the need arise!
Cheers!!
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 24, 2009
I susepected the problem has to do with SATA option from the start, that was what my post was directed towards.
But i also know there are some other problems that may occur which is not sata related, but since the poster
was not detailed enough, i chose to cross my fingers, and i am sure others like netose knows this too. . .
Anyway, since you have solved your problem, then that is it. But next time, be more detailed so that you get your
solution by say, the next post. This is a common everyday problem though.
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by Eebrahym(m): 9:42am On Jun 24, 2009
No no no guys, hp pavilion always come up with that error most especially when light always go off from the laptop. It happened to me twice and the problem is from the hard drive. Get another one and problem solved. Now that the poster said, the problem has been solved, that means his question is really wrong but to God be the glory, it works.
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by kok(m): 9:49am On Jun 24, 2009
Eebrahym:

No no no guys, hp pavilion always come up with that error most especially when light always go off from the laptop. It happened to me twice and the problem is from the hard drive. Get another one and problem solved. Now that the poster said, the problem has been solved, that means his question is really wrong but to God be the glory, it works.
ah ah ah ah, Always read previous post before posting a comment. The problem has already been solved!
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by BridgesIT: 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2009
Hi dear for issues with your laptop,I would recommend a proper diagnose of the problem by a laptop expert before anyone blindly suggests solutions to problems you only know better.It's not always good to try doing it yourself and gives you trouble even with the drivers.
My firm is an I.T company, we can run a check on your laptop charge-free and we will tell you what fault and how to remedy the situation.For further enquiry mail: bridgesconceptsbmc@yahoo.com or dial/text Oladapo on 0802-317-7634, 0702-862-4366.U can mail your contact to us and I'll come for check up.

Aina Oladapo
Managing Partner
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 25, 2009
Advert time abi? just let DC catch u, he will fry your ass. . .
Re: Please Guys I Could'nt Format My Hp Loaptop, I Need Help. by miksonics(m): 11:56am On Jun 28, 2009
i sell original winxp cd for hp that can boot all hdd SATA MODE from NH/FW82801FBM/NH82801GBM/NH82801HBM/NH82801IBM CHIPSET.

For others change hdd mode to ATA from bios setup for machine that does not have this option alternatively from buying my cd download the raid driver from your laptop oem site, get a floppy drive (ibm) boot xp and press f6 when prompted locate raid driver ahci on floppy install and continue your hdd should now be visible for installation.

holla me on miksonics@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

I Need Dell Sound Driver / Where To Get N4,000 Laptop / A Family Member Installed A Keylogger In My Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.