Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? (4412 Views)

Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. / Is Haulage Business Viable In Nigeria? / I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by labak1997: 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2009
I am in UK but would like to go into haulage business in Nigeria. I also would like to know the pros and cons of running such a business in Nigeria. I would like advise on the best type of haulage to go into, e.g stone haulaging, oil haulaging or goods haulaging etc. I would appreciate any advise on whether I should run it myself, give it to an individual to run for me or to a coporate entity as I understand that there are some professional haulage companies in Nigeria that take vehicles from other people and give and agreed amount on a monthly basis. If I decide to run it myself, I would appreciate any advise on how to go about it, and contact companies like  breweries, cadbury etc.
No advice is a bad advice so all suggestions are welcome.

please send your contact email if you can help.

Many thanks!
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by kuvieta: 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2009
I saw ur post on goin into the haulage biz.about haulage I v been travelling to lagos to kno mor about it and I ve found out that is the power of the nigeria economy.we could talk and go into partnership on hw we could achieve our goals together my number is +2348039125038 the name is KUVIE hop to hear from u soon
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by ifyalways(f): 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2009
@Poster,beware and very careful who u deal with.check this out.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-264917.32.html
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by kinharold(m): 2:52pm On Jun 15, 2009
We can manage the truck for you and pay u a monthly deposit of b/w 300 and 400k depending on the truck condition. This way u are not involved in the runnin of the truck but u can easily monitor the truck as they will run only within lagos. The truck is completely urs at all times and U can take it from us if you begin to get stories.

We can also partner together to run the truck, leveraging on our biz expertise and experience. u will be involved in the daily runnin of the biz 2.

for more details: kinharold2@yahoo.com 07034268732
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by akintun: 10:49pm On Jun 15, 2009
check my website next week for a detailed business plan(it's free). you can use the business plan as a starting point and i will advice you to come to Nigeria and analyse the situation on ground before making any decision.
www.niajainfo.com
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by Roforofo(m): 12:11am On Jun 16, 2009
Please listen to Ifyalways advice. She is a very sensible and honest poster on this site. DO NOT trust all these faceless people wey go give you sweet stories and email address + mobile numbers. They are fraudsters. DO NOT send money to anyone yo do not know. No forget say Naija na home of Yahoo Yahoo! My guy, shine your eye well well! grin
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by luckcharis: 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2009
Hello,
Everyone wants the best business to invest into. why not, it is a big time business with little or no risk, but it all depends on who or how you manage it. I can tell you from experience that it is a good business to start. I started managing one truck for somebody, in less than one year, he has recovered his initial investment. If you're interested i can link you to a friend in MEASK or AP Molers Shipping lines in Lagos, for regular business deal in container clearance within Lagos. With this, the trucks tend to last longer with little risk.
I'm currently looking for investro(s) in Tipper (trucks) in Port Harcout, while running the Trailer business in Lagos
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by moneytalk(m): 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2009
@ Luckcharis,

Glad to know that you are in the business what is all the Tipper biz in Port Harcourt is it Lucrative and good return let me have more details on this forum on the business matter
?
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by DOW(m): 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2009
@labak1997, I am in uk and I am into haulage biz in lagos. I can give you some advise, mail me then I will give u my number.

John.
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by luckcharis: 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2009
My Bros.
It's a lucrative business that I can asure you any time. My brother who works with a company there gave me the hint, and I've made more enquires, and find out that it even has less risk compared to the Trailer. He has asured me free entrance into the company, as one of their contractors. I'm currently paying my investor the sum of three hundred & fifty thousand naira per month. This Tipper biz can pay the same with less risk. Pls note that I do not acept any cash, just buy your truck, register it in your name, then we go.
For more details, please call 08033876640.
e-mail: luckcharis@yahoo.com
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by trustboy: 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2009
Sell your trucks and invest in a another business. My friend left UK three years ago with 3 trucks. He is left with one. Different stories everyday. All the best.
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by ready2give(m): 11:35am On Jun 19, 2009
Hello,
Your plight is well understood on the haulage business but firstly i would advice you to give to reliable person to manage it for you.
secondly, i am well known suplier of building materials such as granite,gravel,sharp sands,softsand,laterite etc which i need tipper to carry them. I would like us to discuss more because am already in the business ( tippers ) and i can manage them for you.you can call 2348079951245 0r mail to sandsandgranite@yahoo.com for more discussion.
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by omolayo1(m): 4:30pm On Jun 19, 2009
YOU'VE ALL SPOKEN WELL ABOUT THE BIZ. WETHER OIL,GAS AND HEAVY WEIGHT EQUIPMENT ETC THEY ARE ALL LUCRATIVE IN NIGERIA AS FAR AS LAGOS TO BE PRECISE, THAT I KNOW TOO WELL IS CONCERNED. HAVING SAID THAT, I KNOW 80 PERCENT IF NOT MORE ABOUT TIPPER AND EARTH MOVING EQUIPMENT BIZ BUT LITTLE ABOUT OTHER HAULAGE.
TIPPER BIZ IS LUCRATIVE BUT IT NEEDS MUCH OF PERSONAL TOUCH AND VERY RISKY. I HAVE MET MANY PPL LOOKING INTO THE BIZ AND WANTED ME TO MANAGE FOR THEM BUT I FEEL RELUCTANT DUE TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES SUROUNDING IT. BUT I KNOW OF A BIZ THAT I'M 100 PERCENT SURE OF ITS RETURN WHICH CAN NOT FAIL ME AT ALL TIME,ALL THING BEING EQUAL. THIS IS EARTH MOVING EQUIPMENT SUCH AS PAYLOADER,BULLDOZER,LOWLOADER ETC. I'M LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY WHO CAN INVEST IN THE BIZ AND I CAN SIGN ANY PAPER TO ASURE YOU OF THE RETURN. BUT B/4 THINKING ABOUT THE BIZ YOUR ACCOUNT MUST BE FAT TO MILLIONS OF NAIRA IF NOT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OR POUNDS. INTERESTED PERSON CAN GET ME OR CONTACT ME ON 08059239292,07025866759 OR EMAIL ME AT AUTHORISEAUTHOR@YAHOO.CO.UK
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by sonety2k(m): 9:40am On Jun 25, 2009
cool
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by labak1997: 1:15pm On Jun 25, 2009
I thank everyone that has contributed to this post. I will be contacting anyone that left me their contact details.

Stay blessed! grin
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by labak1997: 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2009
DOW.

How do I contact you? Can you send me your email address?

regards
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by DOW(m): 3:11am On Jun 26, 2009
johntunde@yahoo.co.uk
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by odejayi200(m): 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2009
i have been in oil and gas for 10yrs and i can tell u there is no biz without its ups and down,i work in nnpc,suleja.call me on 08055051674 and i will put u through if u are interested in going into haulage of oil and gas
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by TwoTwo(m): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2009
I have a brother, who is into haulage business, has about 18years experience in haulage business, maintain trucks for several people here in Lagos.
His family is permanently staying in UK and he will be coming to UK by July, so If you are interested in meeting this guy in person please contact me via email: adia2ola@yahoo.com
Acknowledged that People can't be trusted this days but I can vouch for this brother of Mine.
He is trust worthy.
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by larez(m): 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2009
I am a guy that can be trusted, and now looking at potential with Granite trucking. Contact me if interested.
+234.802.422.8548.
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2009
hi read your post on this site,

i am currently discussing with an oil company in lagos that supplies diesel to mtn cell sites in the souh-east, they need trucks for peddling-making short runs to mtn sites in the south-east and delta state, the trucks will be dedicated (managed by the company and in their colors, though the trucks must be equipped with ticket printers and flow meters for accounting), the owner will be required to maintain and employ a driver, monthly income on each 12,500,000 litre truck may be up to N350,000.00/month. there is also a need for 20,000,000 litre trucks to be used as mobile storage. my email address is mrizce@yahoo.com and number 08034028908, 018123371. contact me if you are interested please. thanks.
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by larez(m): 9:28pm On Aug 03, 2009
uchmann:

hi read your post on this site,

i am currently discussing with an oil company in lagos that supplies diesel to mtn cell sites in the souh-east, they need trucks for peddling-making short runs to mtn sites in the south-east and delta state, the trucks will be dedicated (managed by the company and in their colors, though the trucks must be equipped with ticket printers and flow meters for accounting), the owner will be required to maintain and employ a driver, monthly income on each 12,500,000 litre truck may be up to N350,000.00/month. there is also a need for 20,000,000 litre trucks to be used as mobile storage. my email address is mrizce@yahoo.com and number 08034028908, 018123371. contact me if you are interested please. thanks.

Hey Man: Those must be some serious Monster trucks. Are you sure you're not talking about Barges? Geeze, the typical Tanker Trailer maxes out at 33,000 Litres. You must be talking about Land Barges. cheesy
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2009
thanks larez

i meant 20,000 liters, forgive me for the error
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by TayoUK(m): 7:10pm On Sep 06, 2009
I just came back from Nigeria, call me on 07852115666.

These are my own posts few months ago:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=272655.msg4230727#msg4230727

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=264917.msg4230745#msg4230745

Good luck!
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by ifyalways(f): 6:55pm On Sep 07, 2009
Tayo,O ga oo.
Share with us now,were u able to meet with anyone from here?
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by Cornelli(m): 9:06am On Sep 08, 2009
My guy,

The best approach to this is this; if you can bring in a company that has crushers, and machines used in breaking granites i can take u to a location where we can mine granite and sell off to numerous customers especially in the east.

think about it and give me a shout
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by larez(m): 10:46am On Sep 08, 2009
Cornelli:

My guy,

The best approach to this is this; if you can bring in a company that has crushers, and machines used in breaking granites i can take u to a location where we can mine granite and sell off to numerous customers especially in the east.

think about it and give me a shout

And where is this location?
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by TayoUK(m): 11:43am On Sep 08, 2009
ifyalways:

Tayo,O ga oo.
Share with us now,were u able to meet with anyone from here?
Hello u grin

@poster-Yes, I was able to meet and speak with few guys from here while I was in Nigeria. The fact still remains the same, it's a very good business but as everyone mentioned, it's also very risky no doubt about that but I will advise anyone reading this that, don't give your truck(s) to individuals if you are not going to be on ground yourself. (no matter how much they sweet-talk you).Although there are some small companies that manages one or two trucks, I still considered them to be individual as they are not well established. You need to mitigate the risk and put a contingency plan in place, so 'No Individuals' was number one on my own risk list, yours might be different because the level of risks we are all willing to take is not the same.

A good established company is what I mean in this case, companies like, Coca-Cola, BUA, Guinness, DHL or Cadbury.  I was able to visit these companies and their terms and conditions varies and it now depends on what you actually want. Some of these companies will take just the truck head from you but then, the minimum required in some cases might be 5 trucks but BUA and DHL is likely to take one from you  but please try and go there yourself to verify this as I think who you speak to in the company matters. They'll pay you what you agreed on and these companies cannot disappeared from Nigeria because of one or ten trucks that you will give them, that’s the difference between small companies with no recognized name and an established ones.

One mistake that I made that you guys might want to avoid is, I bought two trucks without having much idea what jobs they’ll be doing when they get down to Nigeria. That slowed things down for me a little bit but thank goodness, I bought one of them with a tipping bucket trailer. If you are planning to go into this business, do your home work thoroughly because there are many sectors in haulage and they are all very good sectors but it depends on what contacts you have in each sector and again, the level of risk you are willing to take. You need to know which trailer you will need to buy with your truck because sometimes the trailers can be more expensive than the actual truck, building or buying a 33,000 liters tanker is more expensive than the truck. Also, you can easily buy a flatbed or box trailer with your truck and load it with some things before you ship it down to Lagos instead of looking to buy or hire one in Nigeria.

Insurance is very important, I don’t know how to emphasize on that more but you don’t want to put your whole savings on the road in Nigeria without insuring it. And so is Goods-In-Transit insurance.

In my own case, I’m going back to Naija again next week and I’ll definitely keep you guys updated. In theory, it’s looking good but keep fingers crossed for me o grin
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by mikky55: 5:17am On Sep 09, 2009
thank you tayo,i gained alot from the infomation you provided,may god bless you.could you please give us details about insurance and the price list of bua or dhl. i base in london like you.south east london.safe journey if you go as planned.
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by larez(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2009
For you guys with Trucks including the ones who called me, I am still out seeking a significant long-term contract. Stay tuned to this thread, and I will let you know as soon as it materializes.
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by Cornelli(m): 8:58am On Sep 10, 2009
The location is in Ishiagu Ebonyi state
Re: In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? by Itohan123(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2009
z

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gtbank Seeks To Wind Up Virgin Nigeria / What Can I Import With 3 Million Naira That Wld Be Profitable / 15 Business Ideas For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.