Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services (10353 Views)

5 Legitimate Ways Nigerians Can Build Residual Income On The Internet / 5 Legitimate Ways Nigerians Can Build Residual Income On The Internet / Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by igahdavid(m): 10:01am On Jan 04, 2016
Good points

Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by phonesNgadgets: 10:01am On Jan 04, 2016
One thing I normally do before I dispatch purchased good to customer; I always make a handwritten thank you message, telling them not to hesitate to give us reaction about their experience and persuading them to come back again by writing the link to my page.

Little things matter. smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by Rapmoney(m): 10:25am On Jan 04, 2016
Lacomus:
Op God bless yu for sharing this information, I would like to contribute by adding vendors should learn not to transfer aggression, if a customer irritates yu don't always think the next person is the same therefore he/she deserves wht yu fail to tell or do the one that made yu angry.
You are correct. People exhibit transfered aggression and it is not good for business.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by Rapmoney(m): 10:33am On Jan 04, 2016
wristbangle:
Thanks for this insightful post OP cool
Thanks bro! cheesy cool
Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by Originalsly: 10:44am On Jan 04, 2016
We should never expect the business people to change even if they read this stuff. The power is in the hand of the customers.... we are the ones supporting their attitude by returning over and over again to support their business while receiving very poor treatment. Why should the business owner change if his profit is not affected?

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 04, 2016
Customerservice is sooooooo poor it's unbelievable

U go into a shop , i want a buy oral B imported one
Lady gets me close up or whatever that pink stuff is

Me: erm excuse me i asked for oral B
Shop owner/sales girl: ya ya i know its the same thing .

Me: no its not
Shop owner/sales girl: look if you dont want to buy, you can buy in another shop

Hmmmm ^^^^ simple question oh .. When i brought out my purse come n see how she went to send the other girl there to go and look for what i asked from a friend in another shop.
Anyway i just carry myself go shoprite jejely .. Even there self nah another story ..

The worst one so far i have experienced is calling the phone company smh hmmmm terrible . Op even if they read this i doubt they will change .

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by GarriBender: 11:44am On Jan 04, 2016
Freemanan:
I MUST print THIS AND POST ON EVERY ECOBANK BRANCH I SEE...

THANKS op...

@Freemanan I advise you send your complaint to ENGContactcentre@ecobank.com or call 0700-500-0000. They always quickly attend to any issue I have.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by Rapmoney(m): 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
GarriBender:

@Freemanan I advise you send your complaint to ENGContactcentre@ecobank.com or call 0700-500-0000. They always quickly attend to any issue I have.
What about the customer service agents in their branches? What do they do? You should also know so many persons have been calling ECobank through that same medium you mentioned above cool
Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by classicdude1(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
nobody has talked of the way students are treated in admission office,medical clearance etc in the university..... we will stand 4 long for officials that will be gisting while working or making calls. some will tell u they wanna eat. not enough information will be given n students will ve to work out their issues themselves.... the worse is ICTC center in a particular university.... pray u don't ve problem that will take u there.....

in sort, anything Government institution have poor customer service

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by sorepco(m): 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
You are so on point op. You just need to treat your customers with courtesy. Make them feel at home when ever they are waiting in your business premise.
I remembered i once had a customer who was a know it all kinda client. Got on my nerves that day but i kept my cool. He had to wait after purchasing some items and was impatient....on an impulse i decided to get him drink. He was so happy at sich customer care and little did i know he was the mayor of another town!!! He started giving me lpos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by Rapmoney(m): 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
sorepco:
You are so on point op. You just need to treat your customers with courtesy. Make them feel at home when ever they are waiting in your business premise.
I remembered i once had a customer who was a know it all kinda client. Got on my nerves that day but i kept my cool. He had to wait after purchasing some items and was impatient....on an impulse i decided to get him drink. He was so happy at sich customer care and little did i know he was the mayor of another town!!! He started giving me lpos.
Thanks! Good to know u had a reason to smile in the end! cheesy
Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by Rapmoney(m): 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
classicdude1:
nobody has talked of the way students are treated in admission office,medical clearance etc in the university..... we will stand 4 long for officials that will be gisting while working or making calls. some will tell u they wanna eat. not enough information will be given n students will ve to work out their issues themselves.... the worse is ICTC center in a particular university.... pray u don't ve problem that will take u there.....

in sort, anything Government institution have poor customer service
We are saying Aba is bad...who knows how Umuahia will look like? grin Private institutions in Nigeria are not doing enough when it comes to customer service talk more of government institutions!
Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by datigbogirl: 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
Vanquay:
Make sure the customer rep is a blonde, preferably NAtural, with Big titts, nice voice and an equally dumb brain and she must be very friendly.

When i start my business i will make sure those that interact first with customers are sexy women with phat asses and nice titts...Sorry Guys but its all abouta money

Your head dey dia
Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
Segadem:
That's why Omo IBO will always triumph above others in Nigeria, it's like they are born with business strategy. When u go to their shop to buy one item ,if care is not taken u will buy more than what u bargain for. grin
at the risk of sounding tribalistic i say i found much of that attitude in igbos. Two igbo women i know treated me that way and i stopped patronising them immediately! One of them is my neighbour, i walk past her shop everyday to buy from another woman 50m away. Each time i do so she wears one killing frown which i dont give a damn about. U no fit insult me, me and my money.
Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by classicdude1(m): 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
Rapmoney:
We are saying Aba is bad...who knows how Umuahia will look like? grin Private institutions in Nigeria are not doing enough when it comes to customer service talk more of government institutions!

well for me it's government institution that their own pain pass.... cos u can hardly avoid them like admission office, drivers license,NIN registration etc....

another sector is the banking sector .some banks need to sack their employees... for me to get my ATM was war.and I had to resume school on time.... thank God 4 the lady in the other desk that helped me and in no distant time I got my ATM.....

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services by j1mmy: 5:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
oh really?

Why not start from the national issues that cause the trend and then train the staff accordingly?

These people always jump the gun!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. / Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: / Happy 54th Birthday To Tony Elumelu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.