Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo (2676 Views)

2015 Election: PDP Wins First Seat In The House Of Reps / PDP Goes Tough On Governors Who Want To Go To Senate / PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:12am On Jun 15, 2009
Anambra 2010: PDP goes for Soludo

ALPHONSUS NWEZE, Onitsha

Former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Prof Chukwuma Soludo, may be the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s joker in the 2010 Anambra State governorship election.

Daily Champion investigations revealed that Soludo is gradually getting the support of the cross-section of stakeholders in the State, and this may throw him up as the consensus candidate for the party for the election.

Our source said Soludo may soon declare his intention to govern Anambra State since he has almost completed the ground works and got the nod of the stakeholders in the state, the party and the presidency.

We gathered that the Presidency and the state PDP have been having sleepless nights on how to re-gain Anambra State for the party, but may find it difficult if a wrong and unpopular candidate is chosen for the governorship race.

The party, said our source, will equally be overstretching its luck too far if it bring just any candidate against the incumbent, Mr Peter Obi and former governor, Dr Chris Ngige, who is being speculated to run under Action Congress (AC).

http://www.champion-newspapers.com/news/article_2.htm
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by SamMilla1(m): 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2009
i saw it coming long ago
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Emperoh(m): 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2009
Sam Milla:

i saw it coming long ago
Sam Milla, are you an Anambrarian?
I am only happy for one thing. . . .Peter Obi has raised the stakes seriously.
The stupid goons have realised that they can't just field anybody and want to get away with it.
Dora Akunyili and Ernest Ndukwe has also been touted as possible candidates. . . . . What these stupid Charlatans in PDP may not know
is that Obi has so much done his ground work that any untoward character they bring up has been plugged.

This is the way things ought to be. Anambrarians have suffered too much with the sort of brains we have.
Lets see how things pan out. . . . they will need a miracle(Ido Osi in mind) to out fox even the AC.
Anambrarians are ready to stand for their votes.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2009
I wish Soludo luck

one thing is for sure

with State Executive powers, PDP can't control Soludo.

The man will do what he wants to do
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by brightidea: 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2009
I saw the Handwritten on the wall very early,with the way Prof.Soludo disorganised his hometown Isuofia by creating and sponsoring a rival community Isuanioma.May He not experiment SOLUDONOMICS with my beloved state Anambra.As for me the race is for Mr.Peter Obi and Dr.Chris Ngige.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Epiphany(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2009
Is that so? I never saw this coming - Can this be one of the reasons he was relieved of his position? So that he can begin to concentrate on the 'task' ahead towards government house in Anambra?
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by chidichris(m): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2009
anambra people have done it before and i hope they will do it again. they shld learn to use all they have to resist pdp.
the easterners must continue on their efforts in resisting the madness of the fat idiot fat in ottah who made anambra people to suffer in his quest to force himself on the people.
if they like, let them field chinue achebe, to hell with pdp and all their criminalities. if soludo happens to accept this offer from them, i will have no reservations in adding him to their numbers.
those who do like them shall be like them.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by kalmebad(f): 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2009
Politics In Naija, a win or die game

Would Soludo delve into this?? am only worried for him. He can do better than he has already done, than going into contest. let him rather be appionted as a Minister or commissioner, than contesting, my worst fear for him,

In all wish him luck.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by DisGuy: 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2009
kalmebad:

Politics In Naija, a win or die game

Would Soludo delve into this?? am only worried for him. He can do better than he has already done, than going into contest. let him rather be appionted as a Minister or commissioner, than contesting, my worst fear for him,
In all wish him luck.

No let him be a man!
so you all like pdp now eh?
i dont pity 'good' candidate (duke, Soludo*) that join PDP only to cry foul when they get pushed aside

so lets see, after one/two terms he goes head to head with FASHOLA for presidency grin
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by MrCrackles(m): 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2009
Wow
Isnt this funny?
Chosen and annointed candidate already when no primaries has been conducted! shocked
Na wa for Naija oo! grin
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Okwyjesus(m): 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2009
Muddy pool of Nigerian politics doubled with PDP and Anambra wahala is not the best for someone like Soludo but let be forced to believe that change is on the way, l dont want to loose faith that better people will soon take over leadership responsiblity in Nigeria soonest.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by joobreel(m): 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2009
Soludo!!! Charles I COMMENT MY RESERVE
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by sojjy: 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2009
Whoa,Charles Soludo tipped as the next gubernatorial candidates of PDP.As a man of honour and integrity,Charles should not allow the PDP to dent his name written in the golden book of history of this great nation.He has every right as citizen of Anambra to contest for any political post but not without following the due process(the primary election,free and fair election during the general election).
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by DisGuy: 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2009
is this not the same state with Andy Uba
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Fhemmmy: 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2009
This could even be the reason why they refuse to re-nominate him as the CBN governor, cos the PDP realizes that they needed fresh faces in political power
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by bigben3: 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2009
where is Andy Uba in all this permutation
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by kok(m): 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2009
He is a good candidate for the position atleast! If PDP are resulted to use credible candidate to ensure the party flag is still flying, then its fine. the BUT in this case is if they will keep their hands and mouth off him and allow him carry out his duties. cuz PDP been the kind of party they are (made of old crooks) will always want to have a veto power on their party candidate.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Ccomputers(m): 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2009
Dear all,

I am born and raised up and also doing my business and my schooling in Anambra.

They have brought soludo out to tarnish the image the young man has made for himself as the CBN governor.

Its not that he will not perform but for him to be able to settle all this our greedy God fathers i don't think he will do anything

Our candidate is between the man called OYE AWKA or Our CHRIS NGIGE and every one knows that NGIGE IS JUST LEAVING THEM TO SHOW THEIR FACE BEFORE HE WILL START HE FULL STRATEGIES TO GO BACK AND COMPLETE WHAT HE LEFT AT THE GOVERNMENT HOUSE.

Pls tell Soludo that he should not make Nigerians to hate him cos unknown forces will make him do things he wont do.

WELL AM VERY SURE THAT PDP WILL NEVER CAPTURE ANAMBRA AND ABIA STATE AGAIN.

Thanks a lot Nigerians
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2009
HEY GUYS, SOLUDO IS WORTH BEING THE NEXT GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA BUT HE SHOULD HAVE DECLARED HIS INTENTION BY NOW, WHY IS HE STILL CONTEMPLATING BECAUSE THE GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION IS NEXT YEAR. HOWEVER, SENTOR ANNIE OKONKWO HAS ALEADY DECLARED HIS INTENTION SINCE AND HAS BEEN SECRETLY CAMPAIGNING ALL OVER ANAMBRA, I THINK HE IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR NOW, WHO KNOWS, ? THOUGH THE PRIMARY ELECTION WILL BE HOTTER THAT THE SO CALLED GENERAL ELECTION IN THE STATE NEXT YEAR.

LONGLIVE ANAMBRA!
LONGLIVE NIGERIA!
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by walata44(m): 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2009
If this man really want to be taking seriously and really want to work for the common good of Anambra people, he should join another party that have the interest of Nigerian. PDP is not a party to be seen with people with intergrity.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2009
if Soludo is selected by PDP he should accept it with both hands.

If we have credible candidates representing all parties no matter how bad the parties may be it will only be a win win situation for Anambra people. I have said it before, folks need to be pragmatic sometimes.

Everyday people set up threads here telling us about Fashola's marvelous work, well Fashola belongs to AC. A political party formed by the Alliance of Tinubu and Atiku. I doubt if this country will be very excited to have that duo as President and Vice.
However Fashola is of this party, Fashola was Tinubu's chief-of-staff.

So people have got to realise that God will not come down from Heaven to redeem this country. Whoever will lead this country to glory will still have to have been involved in our current corrupt political process, albeit they might have a totally different view on how things should be done.

For this reason, if Soludo is selected as PDP candidate I will welcome it (at least it blocks an Andy Uba candidacy in the country's ruling party). If Soludo wins good for Anambra, if the Anambra people think Obi is worth a second term also good for Anambra State.

Either of these two men are far better than Andy Uba.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Ccomputers(m): 5:58pm On Jun 15, 2009
Dear all,

They have brought soludo out to tarnish the image the young man has made for himself as the CBN governor.

Its not that he will not perform but for him to be able to settle all this our greedy God fathers i don't think he will do anything

Our candidate is between the man called OYE AWKA or Our CHRIS NGIGE and every one knows that NGIGE IS JUST LEAVING THEM TO SHOW THEIR FACE BEFORE HE WILL START HE FULL STRATEGIES TO GO BACK AND COMPLETE WHAT HE LEFT AT THE GOVERNMENT HOUSE.

Pls tell Soludo that he should not make Nigerians to hate him cos unknown forces will make him do things he wont do.

Thanks a lot Nigerians
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 15, 2009
Ccomputers:

Dear all,

Thanks a lot Nigerians

Am not sure why u think its necessary to post the same message twice

why do I get the feeling that the whole 'Soludo should protect his identity' noise from you is a ruse and a political tactic

why is that more important than giving the people of Anambra a set of great alternative choices as Guber candidates
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by grafikdon: 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2009
mikeansy:

For this reason, if Soludo is selected as PDP candidate I will welcome it (at least it blocks an Andy Uba candidacy in the country's ruling party). If Soludo wins good for Anambra, if the Anambra people think Obi is worth a second term also good for Anambra State.

Either of these two men are far better than Andy Uba.

That's a very unfair comparison. . .even a one legged blind cow is better than Andy Uba.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by bolicks: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2009
Sorry, i mean no offence. Soludo should be going for the next presidency of this country. He is a stateman, a chief executive officer, it the likes of him we need to govern this country to progress. As for Anambra State, the right candidate for her is Ngige.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 15, 2009
bolicks:

Sorry, i mean no offence. Soludo should be going for the next presidency of this country. He is a stateman, a chief executive officer, it the likes of him we need to govern this country to progress. As for Anambra State, the right candidate for her is Ngige.

Nobody is too big to serve their own people

Soludo may have served credibly as CBN Governor but he has no experience of running for executive office in an open election

I think Guber election is a Good start.

Besides that, the political landscape in Nigeria does not support the notion that the best candidate may win election. CVs dont win election but votes. Soludo is only being a pragmatist by starting back home (that's if he is interested).

I understand the quest to start where you are judged by your abilities not probably the language you speak.

The man is only being pragmatic.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Jarus(m): 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2009
I remember reading this few months ago from ,I think, Sahara reporters. I thought it was cooked up to discredit him as one of Obj's boys.

While I acknowledge Soludo's right to seek political/elective post, I will not advise him to do so in Nigeria's current settings except he wants to soil his image. I will advise him to go back to teh classroom or resume international financial consultancy.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by bolicks: 7:16pm On Jun 15, 2009
Anambra is a very difficult terrain to govern, it needs person with determination and a stateman.PDP is not the issue neither is the political plateform you belong. What we need are decent people who can govern this country to greatness. If such a person is Soludo i would gladly give him my support as a neighbour and as a believer that he is not a corrupt person.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by KnowAll(m): 8:01pm On Jun 15, 2009
What soludo does not know about Governorship race in Naija u must have your own area boys who will do your bidding and intimidation for you. I hope soludo will not go about wearing that his trademark bankers suit and Tie. Because if Bakassi boys grab that tie for im neck, na heaven he go meet himself oh. On a serious note Like Fashola, Soludo must look for a street wise politician like Tinunbu to do his bidding. I am sure Anambra has its own fair share of street wise politicians. Adedibu sanctioned Akala in Oyo state and nobody can do or say other wise.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by decworld: 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2009
with the expreience he has i think he will do his if elected him
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by chidichris(m): 9:36pm On Jun 15, 2009
soludo is lettered and i hope he knows the implications of joining a party without agenda for the people.
pdp as a party is a failure from the top to the last position.
meanwhile, is he coming for election or selection as is the culture in pdp?
on the other hand, pdp have proved that they believe so much in thugry so is soludo ready for this.
if he is coming out under pdp, what is his plans about the so called godfathers? has he thought of chris ngige and the godfather? he shld remember that pdp have shared everything to their hitmen. he shld remember that anybody doing anything in pdp in anambra must talk to the owner of pdp in the state(chris uba)
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by biggjoe(m): 10:10pm On Jun 15, 2009
Dis Guy:

so lets see, after one/two terms he goes head to head with FASHOLA for presidency grin

This sounds very prophetic to me, will someone write down dis post from dis guy somewhere? It might come true some day. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Health Workers’ Strike Claims 10 Lives / Different Between Civil Right And Civil Liberties. / President Jonathan’s 2015 Political Desperation To MAUL UNILAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.