Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,235 members, 7,839,243 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo (2678 Views)

2015 Election: PDP Wins First Seat In The House Of Reps / PDP Goes Tough On Governors Who Want To Go To Senate / PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Nobody: 3:06am On Jun 17, 2009
undecided
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Prizm(m): 5:27am On Jun 17, 2009
Peter Obi has performed admirably in Anambra state and deserves to be re-elected. Frankly, I am convinced he is going to be re-elected unless some ‘iwuruwuru’ election day magic happens again.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by biggjoe(m): 8:28am On Jun 17, 2009
It is only people who live outside Anambra or those that watch a lot of TV and read a lot of newspapers that say that Peter Obi Has performed.

I know many people will crucify me for this but I must say it.

You need to come to anambra and also compare his actions with that of Ngige before you say that Obi has performed.

Obi is just a failure, who only capitalises on sentimental propaganda, executing CHEAP projects all over the place  to get peoples trust but he has run out of all those and Anambra people have seen him for who he really is. If there is any SOLID project anywhere in Anambra that Obi has executed, check it out and you will discover that he only completed a project already started before he came into power.  He doesnt initiate solid projects. 
What do you say about governor who earns his popularity by buying computers to schools that has no electricity and drilling boreholes and latrines grin. Latrines!! Tell me,  how much does buying computers or drilling borehole  cost for him to be making noise about it all.   
All the contracts he awarded are CHEAP ones executed by cheap contractors! If dont agree tell me why he sent RCC parking only to be using companies like nigercat and pachuks for road constructions.

Every of his failure used to be linked to Andy Uba but since Andy went underground everybody found him out.

Ngige is the man, and his current campaign slogan is 'tested and trusted' and I agree with them. Obi has been tested too but not trusted.

Finally,  I would be glad to have Soludo as my governor too even if it has Andy Uba's hand. Ngige had Uba's hand but he ended up being Ubas' greatest enemy and the best governor ever in Anambra.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by samparian(m): 10:18am On Jun 17, 2009
I said it before and i'll say it again.
i campaigned seriously and voted for Mr. Peter Obi but he hasnt performed.Ngige set a very high standard and Obi has performed below par. embarassed
Ngige is the right man for the job and if Soludo contests, i'll still vote for Ngige, because he has been tested and Trusted.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Lazzaro: 10:41am On Jun 17, 2009
I think soludo should be very careful in accepting this manthle, let him stand on his ground from the on-set so if he is elected into power he will rule on his will
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by koolchicco: 11:01am On Jun 17, 2009
@post
That's a very unfair comparison. . .even a one legged blind cow is better than Andy Uba!!

That was a bit tooooooooooooo HARSH!!, LMAO smiley grin
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Affalatus: 1:51pm On Jun 17, 2009
Fact 1: Soludo was not reappointed for reasons of Fraudulent behaviour concerning the manipulation of the Naira.

Fact 2: Soludo is Andy Uba's little guard dog.

Fact 3: Soludo has serious questions to answer concerning the death of CBN STAFF NIKE AYILARA

Fact 4: Ngige Chris and Peter Obi are the only choices the people of Anambra are considering. Soludo does not even come third.

What i think : I personally believe that this is the avenue by which the proud Zebra will stroll into the lion's den.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by bolicks: 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2009
I am ashamed to hear these fairy tales you call facts.

Fact 1 : Soludo was not reappointed for reasons such as the north was too scared to lose all in the foreign exchange market. His policies were quite tight and if he was given the opportunity of making the Naira and Dollar 1 is to 1. They would lose so much that the senate and house blocked it. Today, Ghana that did the same have the ceddi at higher value than the naira, when was the last time you checked Ghana monetary value to Niara.?Please do check.

Fact 2: Soludo is not Andy Uba's little guard dog because they both in two different World

Fact 3: Soludo has serious questions to answer concerning the death of CBN STAFF NIKE AYILARA. How? Give us details please.

Fact 4: Ngige Chris did well in Anambra State in a short time, but wait, i will be rather best if Soludo goes for the Presidency then Anambra State governorship where people now kidnap grandpas, children and grannies in the name of making money.

What i think ? Read wider, separate facts from fiction
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Affalatus: 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2009
@bolicks You say my facts are fairy tales i guess you ary a fairy and these are the tales you are used to in fairy-land.

Anyway these are not matters to joke about if they were i would have considered your reply funny. I actually laughed but that was not for more than 30 seconds. Who do you think made a greenhorn professor whom had never solved a problem in his life become a bleep in OBJ's Radar. Was it you? No, It was Andy Uba.

As per your response on redenomination i considered believing that you have never read a book on Economics or even Psychology. Maybe you did not attend a University's learning but i will give you a hint you wrote rubbish anywhere in the world what you wrote will be considered as rubbish.

You know nothing about Soludo he is not good enough to be a Local Government Chairman's Personal Assistant talkless of Governor of a State or even the CBN.

Nike Ayilara: When i get the resources i will have Soludo in handcuffs and in court that is where people like you will get best informed of many other details.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by adigun101: 12:37am On Jun 18, 2009
Please, ladies and gentlemen, can we go on with meaningful discussions on this thread and ignore this drug addict who somehow has access to the internet. @Affalatus has been following Soludos story on various other threads . Lets just pretend he doesn't exist.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by samparian(m): 6:37am On Jun 18, 2009
@Affalatus
i seriously think you've got some ants in your pants concerning Soludo. Did you loose your job from the ConSOLUDOtion of banks cos that is the only thing i can think about.
i aint here to scandalise anyone and i urge my fellow nairalanders to desisit from defamation of character.

Even if Soludo is Andy Uba's lap dog(i seriously doubt that), i doesnt mean a damn thing cos Soludo saved this country from becoming worse than Zimbabwe. If he hadnt done what he did, i seriously doubt if any Nigerian bank will still be standing right now with the global economic reccession which has run down big banks and companies in developed countries.

I'll be very happy if Soludo campaigns for governor under any party. PDP or whichever. Afterall the good People of Edo state voted for Oshimole and not his party.
i voted for Obi and not Apga and i'll vote for Ngige no matter what party he represents. grin
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by samparian(m): 6:49am On Jun 18, 2009
;d

Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by slyk2(m): 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2009
I will campaign for him personally.

Let him do what he did in CBN in Anambra.

Who say good thing no good for Anambrarians?

Good, no God luck to SOLUDO!
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Ezenwenyi(m): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2009
May God help Anambra state to produce the best man or woman to govern anambra state.Amen.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Affalatus: 11:44am On Jun 20, 2009
I did not lose my job from Consolidation especially as i wrote the NEEDS program and sold the idea to your "FRIEND" SOLUDO. It is just that i know him to be evil that i am fighting him.

If i had the right mix of power and wealth you would have seen a whirlwind of events.

I helped in no small measure to get him kicked out of the CBN but i do not yet have the avenue to have him tried for all his crimes.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Affalatus: 11:48am On Jun 20, 2009
@ Adigun 101: Please grow up and get a grip of your loose emotions. Anger is a resource learn to use it wisely.

Or does Adigun 101= Soludo, his sycophant or his relative, Time will tell.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Affalatus: 11:56am On Jun 20, 2009
@samparian

I hope you understand now that i was the force behind the man for the man lacked substance and focus.

I would prefer that the Land where Ojukwu lives is spared the leadership of a blind cripple for this represents the mental ability of Charles Chukwuma Soludo my former partner in development whom is very short on ideas and has an evil heart.

NIKE AYILARA REST IN PEACE ONE DAY SOLUDO WILL ANSWER FOR YOUR DEMISE.

@ Adigun 101 are you involved in Nike's death? You really do not want people to know the truth.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Obinwa: 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2009
In as much as Soludo has achieved a great deal in CBN, it does not qualify him to run anambra state govt. B4 he starts, he should ask himself, if he has the principles to withstand opposition which he does not have in CBN or which was shielded by the fed govt; secondly, does he have the moral principles not to be tempted by the amount of money that comes into the state's coffer and lastly, would he be able to run the state w/out seeking populist agenda to promote his ego while leaving the consequences of that attitude for future generations to deal with.

I can't for now trust Gov. Obi's vision and competence 70% because his dev agenda is not directed to improve the life of the common anambrarian; I believe that Ngige should be given another chance not minding whether people said he built only roads, but one truth me n all anambrarians know is that his dev in anambra was a standard 1 lest he would not comlete the payment.

But in the true sense of it, the three candidates are ok and should be considered carefully, other candidates should be logged out so that anambrarians should be focussed on their choice.

Thanks.
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Nezan(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2009
Obinwa:

In as much as Soludo has achieved a great deal in CBN, it does not qualify him to run anambra state govt. B4 he starts, he should ask himself, if he has the principles to withstand opposition which he does not have in CBN or which was shielded by the fed govt; secondly, does he have the moral principles not to be tempted by the amount of money that comes into the state's coffer and lastly, would he be able to run the state w/out seeking populist agenda to promote his ego while leaving the consequences of that attitude for future generations to deal with.

I can't for now trust Gov. Obi's vision and competence 70% because his dev agenda is not directed to improve the life of the common anambrarian; I believe that Ngige should be given another chance not minding whether people said he built only roads, but one truth me n all anambrarians know is that his dev in anambra was a standard 1 lest he would not comlete the payment.

But in the true sense of it, the three candidates are ok and should be considered carefully, other candidates should be logged out so that anambrarians should be focussed on their choice.

Thanks.
mikeansy:

Bad people get elected by good people who refuse to vote

Bad people become the only set of leaders available when Good people refuse to join the process.

Soludo did well as CBN Governor, only God knows why that should be a disqualification from joining the political process. Prime Minister Singh of India was formerly running the Nations economy, Mayor of New York Micheal Bloomberg was a Business man, Barrack Obama was a Law Professor/community organiser , Ronald Reagan was a movie actor, President Eisenhower was an Army General.

All roads lead to politics.

The idea that some people should not join politics because some people want to continue to think about them as good people does not make sense to me. Are we indirectly suggesting that only thugs should join politics? May be the kind of leaders we have are the types we asked for.

Those suggesting that Soludo was not given a second term was part of plot to either stop him from 2015 Presidency or prepare him for 2015 Presidency should stop thinking too highly of the decision process in Nigeria. Soludo's tenure was not renwed not because of his performance but because the President did not want to. In other parts of the world for example US, if a Conservative Reserve chairman is in office and Liberal President comes to power, he may choose to replace him when his tenure ends regardless of his performance.

Though surely Soludo's replacement was not baced on policy differences, there is no need to speculate on why he was replaced. The President has made his choice and Soludo can only move on with his head held up high.

I am not from Anambra even though I spent considerable time there and would always wish it the best. I hope Soludo and his likes get involved in the local politics of South East. We need to learn to keep our best people at home, delivering for our people.
Democracy is a game of number and if the Nigerian electorate (in which the Igbos do not constitute the majority) have decided that they are not willing to have an Igbo President, no amount of International experience, economic understanding, development abilities, or Security Intelligentia will deliver this to anyone.
Rememeber what happened to one of Nigeria's best gentlemen Alex Ekwueme in 1999? Right now even Ike Ekweremadu is having difficulties performing his constitutional duties as Deputy Senate President and by default head of JCCR (Joint Committee on Constitutional Reform) because of where he is from?

So I think we Igbos should forget this National political grandstanding and focus on what role we can play in the South East regardless of how small that may be. Even if we produce the President how effective will he be if everything he does is viewed through a tribalist prism? We have a lot of serious work to do at home.

I hope Soludo takes interest in Anambra Guber race, if he wins, I hope he delivers for the people of Anambra State.

Different strokes 4 different folks. Politics? Not in my world cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Millionair(m): 5:06am On Jun 24, 2009
Soludo should have some rest before continuing
Re: Anambra 2010 Governorship Election; Pdp Goes For Soludo by Affalatus: 9:11am On Jun 24, 2009
Nezan:

Different strokes 4 different folks. Politics? Not in my world cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Your mail lacks meaning.

Millionair:

Soludo should have some rest before continuing

Rest ke from which work? Rest from looting and killing. Please explain!?!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MEND's Press Release On The Bombing Incidence Could Cause More Collateral Damage / Nigerian Professor, Dubem Okafor Kills Wife, Self In Us / Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.