Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly (48363 Views)

Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP / Buhari Withdraws Ibeto From Ministerial List - Vanguard / Buhari Withdraws Diplomatic, Official Passports From Ex- Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by awoluyi(m): 5:51am On Jan 05, 2016
If this report is true, then APC led government has made a serious mistake. Some people rose up to defend non-perfoormance of the government between May and December 2015 on the fact that it had no budget to operate with. A near flawless 2016 budget would have shown that APC is out for transformation. The excuse that the president did not go through it very well before presentation to the NASS is not acceptable. Many figures on the budget showed that some people have lost their consciences!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by manutdadex(m): 6:02am On Jan 05, 2016
kokoA:
Mumu. You call someone that rose to become a general in the Nigerian Army dull. Have you achieved a tenth of what he has achieved?
anybody can b dull in d army especially dem buhari set...mo b order dem dey follow?even goats dey follow order
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Validated: 6:23am On Jan 05, 2016
Davo93:
Confession time...lol

BTW, I don't see this source as credible enough to churn out a news of this nature.
Forget source my friend! How can someone budget N27m for C-Caution? Na diamond them wan use makam abi na robots c-caution? Again, how can the Presidential fleet be planned for breakdown? OK, the cars never had C- Caution at purchase! Why did they forget to budget for Jacks and Spanners! Ole!!!!
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by okwyzo(m): 6:27am On Jan 05, 2016
Kyase:

smarter than your whole tribe combined grin
are u blind that u can't read? Do u know his tribe? The Nigeria u see today, is not thesame anymore! Therefore its indeed complex for him to rule... Ya dig?
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by darlenese(f): 6:34am On Jan 05, 2016
“The president did not read the actual budget until criticism started flying left, right and center.

A president didn't read his own budget ! shocked shocked shocked

What a shame cry
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by chrisblack: 6:43am On Jan 05, 2016
HzRF:
And some idi0ts that have eaten rice think PDP is dead
yes PDP is dead If its is true. It shows for the First time we have a president that is bent on doing what is right. Imagine if it was Jonah,rather than trying to revisit the whole budget they would rather add more irrelevant stuffs to provide more money for pdp's crooks and Dasuki to steal Kudos mr president. Only a courageous person takes responsibility for mistakes and try to ensure they are corrected. Imagine over 1 trillion budgeted for petrol subsidy. Now I bought petrol @ 86 naira and no subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by mrmetoo1: 6:43am On Jan 05, 2016
Two things we need to note here. .
1) The budget breakdown everyone keeps quoting isn't even confirmed yet. The guys that released it first, claim they got it through an anonymous source. So until we get the real breakdown I choose not to believe all these figures being thrown around

2) Sources are very important to me and this source doesn't seem credible enough but people will believe what they want to no matter where the news is coming from. These guys somehow are the only ones with this story, that's hard for me to believe. Anyway let's see if any other media houses will carry it in the coming hours

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Shaftrod(m): 6:45am On Jan 05, 2016
I don't have any comment now as regards this until full disclosure of circumstances that led to the withdrawal is revealed. Don't trust you people here.You people 're gifted with making mockery of good intentions.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Oz4realsss: 6:46am On Jan 05, 2016
IamPatriotic:

sorry to get you disappointed, I neither share religion nor ethnicity with president, the only thing we both have in common is our resolve to making the country better than it's now.
How? Can you be more specific?
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by 989900: 6:49am On Jan 05, 2016
Those involved should be fired!
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by 989900: 6:50am On Jan 05, 2016
mrmetoo1:
Two things we need to note here. .
1) The budget breakdown everyone keeps quoting isn't even confirmed yet. The guys that released it first, claim they got it through an anonymous source. So until we get the real breakdown I choose not to believe all these figures being thrown around

2) Sources are very important to me and this source doesn't seem credible enough but people will believe what they want to no matter where the news is coming from. These guys somehow are the only ones with this story, that's hard for me to believe. Anyway let's see if any other media houses will carry it in the coming hours

You are right
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by chyket(m): 7:13am On Jan 05, 2016
I thought this government wanted to operate zero budgetting which would have been a very brilliant and effective way of curbing massive corruption.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by dikeigbo2(m): 7:13am On Jan 05, 2016
Isokay,government of confusion, denials, refutals,blamers,lies,deceits and many other absurdities, let the prophesied change begin now.APC stop brewing confusion and put your acts together to achieve a common goal. Insha Allah
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by KingsJohnson(m): 7:23am On Jan 05, 2016
highlandah5:

“The president did not read the actual budget
until criticism started flying left, right and center.
/

A so called president in a remote place somewhere in Africa did not read the year's budget before hurriedly presenting it to his people and I ask myself who is this president, the answer I got was a Nigerian president and laughed hard. No need for him to do so cus I doubt if at all he knows how to read.

Nigerians we are really doom with APC

#Nigeriansstandup

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by HzRF(m): 7:31am On Jan 05, 2016
chrisblack:
yes PDP is dead If its is true. It shows for the First time we have a president that is bent on doing what is right. Imagine if it was Jonah,rather than trying to revisit the whole budget they would rather add more irrelevant stuffs to provide more money for pdp's crooks and Dasuki to steal Kudos mr president. Only a courageous person takes responsibility for mistakes and try to ensure they are corrected. Imagine over 1 trillion budgeted for petrol subsidy. Now I bought petrol @ 86 naira and no subsidy.
What trash is this one saying

When Jonathan budget huge amount and there was criticism

Goan check how he reduced
Well m not surprised most of u e-career praise singers brain has always towed 1 lane

Nd explain what makes a living party listen to a dead party

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by ZESTN: 7:32am On Jan 05, 2016
Buhari has a plan, he's got some campeign Debts to clear hence the hike. This Administration just flaunt certain irregularities without inconsequentially.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Koleman(m): 7:39am On Jan 05, 2016
this source Na wa ooooo
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by akinsbaba2015: 7:40am On Jan 05, 2016
Some news sources are never credible and so I will not waste my time, energy and resources to analyse all the rubbish they have to offer. They offer you fake news and shameless propaganda that you won't find in any of the conventional newspapers. It's become a tradition for them but I tell you today that their end has come. They will fizzle out in no time like the wind.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by chrisblack: 7:50am On Jan 05, 2016
HzRF:

What trash is this one saying

When Jonathan budget huge amount and there was criticism

Goan check how he reduced
Well m not surprised most of u e-career praise singers brain has always towed 1 lane

Nd explain what makes a living party listen to a dead party
which amount did he budget ,going about spending money even in London on campaign, a living party will definitely listen to a dead party because they are conscious of what lead to the death of the dead party which was simply corruption.Jonah boy. I guess you were a P.A to one of the crooks when we done with oga's your own time will come. p.a to the Commissioner of corruption
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Shaftrod(m): 8:00am On Jan 05, 2016
@Cizy. .I wonder where you got your information.Have searched the media coming up short or are you trying to con us as Raiph Uwazuruike conned those outside the zoo! And some call the president a dullard when they themselves cannot boast of any intelligence.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by fm7070: 8:08am On Jan 05, 2016
This can only come from a confused government, chaired by a confused dullard.
How on earth can you say that you did not cross-check an annual budget which you wanted to fund by raising loan of 2.1tr
There will be much more corruption and mismanagement of fund under this regime because he won't even know it happened.
We need smart, intelligent and technocrats to rule this country. Not some old people thinking they can use archaic ideology to fight crimes and corruption of the 21st century.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by shammah1(m): 8:13am On Jan 05, 2016
Why would he read the budget when he doesn't live in Nigeria? Always touring the world to model and take pictures while abandoning his duties here. Buhari is so clueless to approve such a ridiculous budget. It speaks about the level of corruption in APC and his "saints" ministers
IamPatriotic:
I'm a Buharist to the bone, and I'll be very happy if this report turns out to be true because it will will reaffirm our belief in the PMB/PYO presidency.... I work in the budget unit of my MDA it's no hidden fact that the 2016 budget proposal was hurriedly prepared to meet up with the deadline and President Buhari couldn't have read every details.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Gaffa: 8:17am On Jan 05, 2016
Lets keep hoping for the best...God bless Nigeria
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by iwatchandlisten(m): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2016
IamPatriotic:
I'm a Buharist to the bone, and I'll be very happy if this report turns out to be true because it will will reaffirm our belief in the PMB/PYO presidency.... I work in the budget unit of my MDA it's no hidden fact that the 2016 budget proposal was hurriedly prepared to meet up with the deadline and President Buhari couldn't have read every details.

Hurriedly prepared? He won election in March, took over in May, yet the 2016 budget was 'hurriedly prepared?' If you were not 'a Buharist to the bone' wouldnt you think that this situation indicates a serious gap in capacity in the Presidency? As you say the President 'couldnt read every detail', therefore what you are saying is that it is not his responsibility when things go wrong abi?

Thank God Nigerians are now more alert and demanding of better from their government. If not for public outrage, would the flawed budget have been withdrawn? God bless NIGERIA!
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by juman(m): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2016
If the story is true that's good indication.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by cizy: 8:25am On Jan 05, 2016
Shaftrod:
@Cizy. .I wonder where you got your information.Have searched the media coming up short or are you trying to con us as Raiph Uwazuruike conned those outside the zoo! And some call the president a dullard when they themselves cannot boast of any intelligence.

Stop talking as if you're making sense because even my little nephew in JSS1 can do better. You went on the thread I talked about Buhari's "goat and yam" (NGN 3.63billion) budget, comparing it with the NASS NGN 4.7billion all meant for car purchase, not even including other inflated ones and all you could do was to defend that show of shame. Is it not still the same budget that has now been withdrawn to make amends on (because of the inflation and several loopholes)? It simply means that your dullardo of a god in Aso Rock didn't even read the budget before presenting it to NASS. So based on your statement on that thread, which of us is more sensible and the other a dull and sycophantic element? Of course you know am nothing short of the former right?

Yeye dey ooze! undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by fm7070: 8:31am On Jan 05, 2016
iwatchandlisten:

Hurriedly prepared? He won election in March, took over in May, yet the 2016 budget was 'hurriedly prepared?' If you were not 'a Buharist to the bone' wouldnt you think that this situation indicates a serious gap in capacity in the Presidency? As you say the President 'couldnt read every detail', therefore what you are saying is that it is not his responsibility when things go wrong abi?
Thank God Nigerians are now more alert and demanding of better from their government. If not for public outrage, would the flawed budget have been withdrawn? God bless NIGERIA!

That can only happen to power-mongers. On getting to the hot seat of power, they are all confused. No direction, no roadmap, no vision.
He wants to build road, power and fight corruption when every other vital parts of the nation's body will be left to rotten. Legal system is becoming a sham, economy is going downward, more hardship on the citizenry, they are inviting and inciting war from another powerful country when we have an handful internal wars, demoracy is threatened, they are bringing their do-or-die pattern of winning into some states. I pray they won't tear this country into shreds before we chase them out in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by shammah1(m): 8:33am On Jan 05, 2016
Same dead PDP are the ones who tormented the dullard showing the world how super clueless and irresponsible he is for approving that kind of ridiculous budget of yam with his eyes closed. That's why APC are trying to place ban on any media that opens their nyanshh. He has no option than to drop the budget. PDP is so alive no matter the oppression & intimidation so get used to it
vedaxcool:
A responsible leadership is one capable of listening to criticism and effecting appropriate corrections id need be.

PDP remains dead like the barren surface of mars.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by IamPatriotic(m): 8:34am On Jan 05, 2016
iwatchandlisten:

I'm not exonerating the president here, I only pointed out why the budget proposal may be error laddened, it's either ignorance or hypocrisy to lay the blame solely on the doorstep of the president and ignored those whose responsibility it's to prepare the budget....
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by ldpele(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2016
vedaxcool:
A responsible leadership is one capable of listening to criticism and effecting appropriate corrections id need be.

PDP remains dead like the barren surface of mars.
u av obviously been eaten aisha's rice.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by alasejamiu: 8:56am On Jan 05, 2016
Bevista:
And you think the president is going to read every detail now?
----
Unfortunately, in Nigeria, everything seems to revolve around the president as if he is the only competent or credible person. What is the job of the Budget Office? In fact, I think people like you should be fired for embarrassing the president.
u dont talk like that cos the national assembly will still check the proposal, and by the way I think you did nt understand budget and budgetary procedure in a country.
Re: Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly by Kyase(m): 9:22am On Jan 05, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Thank you

Dont mind low brain thinking Nigerians.
kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Dressed And Worst Dressed Governor In Nigeria? / Amaechi: "I Go Shoot Am O! No Talk Atiku, Say Bagudu" - At APC Campaign In Kebbi / Ondo Youths Commission Road "On Behalf Of The Governor" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.