Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,564 members, 7,837,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor (27727 Views)

Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? / Photo Of A Husband Backing His Plus-Sized Wife Through Pains / 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Spinster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by anochuko01(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2016
toyeanlawlah:

lolzzzzz.... ur mum z planning ya future 4 u ni.......
but criozly our mothers could b funny @tymz. Haba....lyk u cnt talk 2 a lady or w@?!? na wa o

callherspices:

Hahahahahahahaha ur mum is one funny woman grin

preciousman:
bros naso some mothers be ooh mine is even doing the same self...is kinda funny

the thing was so funny o.
its not her fault anyway, it coz I've not introduced anyone to her yet.
Na my babe wey never gree for me!
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Koolking(m): 11:40am On Jan 05, 2016
Rapmoney:
Being a bachelor in our society can sometimes come with certain pains and deprivations! grin. Well, it is all good sha! Some things are better to be experienced than for you to be told cool If you still think only ladies share from it, you are on a long thing!

1) When you go to the market to buy foodstuffs, the traders notice you easily as a bachelor and some would want to use that as an opportunity to make abnormal profits off you, especially, when you don't have a regular customer you buy from! If na for me, market fall press them because I sabi price well well o! I fit price your 500Naira fish for 150Naira!!! grin. Na joke I dey o!

2) You close from work after a hard day's job, feeling tired and weak but you still have to prepare what to eat...unless you want to settle for junk foods such as Akara and bread or bread and fanta (Truckman's sandwich) grin

3) You open your facebook page and it seems everyone you knew out there back in school is getting married! You just feel like uploading your marriage pics too! cheesy

4) You are having a swell time in the office and a naughty colleague of yours throws in a joke of you being a 'Manchelor' without realizing the mental effect of it. What do you do? You laugh it off...apply humour! cheesy

5) Family people are sharing things and they give you a small portion...before you make an attempt to complain, someone stands up to remind you that you are not married yet, that those that got bigger portions are family men.

6) You hardly tell your landlord that you don't have money for utility bills yet; he is bound to ask you: 'You dor marry?' 'Do you have kids you feed?' 'Wetin you dey use money dey do?' See me see problem o! So I don't have personal expenses because I am not married?

7) They inaugurate a committee in your company and they give the key roles to the married folks who are less competent than you! Why? The management think they are more responsible cheesy Error!!!

8. When you are very free and open, neighbours, especially, the female ones, take advantage. They enter your crib at random, open your freezer and help themselves with beverages and foods! Who go challenge dem?

9) Sometimes when you do business with married folks, they want to take advantage of it as they feel they need more money than you since they have mouths to feed. Ogbeni, stop it! Na me give your wife belle to born children? grin

10) Friends keep pointing out girls they know that can make good wives. When some see you chilling with a babe, they secretly tell you, 'Dis one fit you o! Marry am na'!!! Without even knowing who she is. So e mean say me no get eyes and mind of my own again?

2016...Lips sealed!!! lipsrsealed cool

Trash! Stereotypical. This is 21 century. Low self esteem would make a single guy feel what you wrote ^. Who cares? Marriage is a scam

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Toks2008(m): 11:56am On Jan 05, 2016
toyeanlawlah:

hmmmmnnnn. New yr lie..... diariz God o

LOL! You have no idea the series of jamb questions that usually follows a negative response.

1.Why
2.Don't tell me...
3.But you must have been in a commited...
4.But why did...
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by CzarChris(m): 11:58am On Jan 05, 2016
Rapmoney:
Being a bachelor in our society can sometimes come with certain pains and deprivations! grin. Well, it is all good sha! Some things are better to be experienced than for you to be told cool If you still think only ladies share from it, you are on a long thing!

1) When you go to the market to buy foodstuffs, the traders notice you easily as a bachelor and some would want to use that as an opportunity to make abnormal profits off you, especially, when you don't have a regular customer you buy from! If na for me, market fall press them because I sabi price well well o! I fit price your 500Naira fish for 150Naira!!! grin. Na joke I dey o!

2) You close from work after a hard day's job, feeling tired and weak but you still have to prepare what to eat...unless you want to settle for junk foods such as Akara and bread or bread and fanta (Truckman's sandwich) grin

3) You open your facebook page and it seems everyone you knew out there back in school is getting married! You just feel like uploading your marriage pics too! cheesy

4) You are having a swell time in the office and a naughty colleague of yours throws in a joke of you being a 'Manchelor' without realizing the mental effect of it. What do you do? You laugh it off...apply humour! cheesy

5) Family people are sharing things and they give you a small portion...before you make an attempt to complain, someone stands up to remind you that you are not married yet, that those that got bigger portions are family men.

6) You hardly tell your landlord that you don't have money for utility bills yet; he is bound to ask you: 'You dor marry?' 'Do you have kids you feed?' 'Wetin you dey use money dey do?' See me see problem o! So I don't have personal expenses because I am not married?

7) They inaugurate a committee in your company and they give the key roles to the married folks who are less competent than you! Why? The management think they are more responsible cheesy Error!!!

8. When you are very free and open, neighbours, especially, the female ones, take advantage. They enter your crib at random, open your freezer and help themselves with beverages and foods! Who go challenge dem?

9) Sometimes when you do business with married folks, they want to take advantage of it as they feel they need more money than you since they have mouths to feed. Ogbeni, stop it! Na me give your wife belle to born children? grin

10) Friends keep pointing out girls they know that can make good wives. When some see you chilling with a babe, they secretly tell you, 'Dis one fit you o! Marry am na'!!! Without even knowing who she is. So e mean say me no get eyes and mind of my own again?

Guy ehh, d tin d vex die. Imagine my kindred..... yes my whole kindred call me for family meeting 3 days ago, on dz marriage matter.

Shuuuu, to be only son na curse? Wetin sef? angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by AvimsPS(f): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
zeb04:
I am a bachelor then because I eat junks every night. bread akara,suya just anything that won't make me go to the kitchen.

This is so me.. lol
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Kadiri08(m): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
No. 2 should take the day It is an unwanted stress

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by ceejayluv(m): 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
CzarChris:
Guy ehh, d tin d vex die. Imagine my kindred..... yes my whole kindred call me for family meeting 3 days ago, on dz marriage matter.

Shuuuu, to be only son na curse? Wetin sef? angry angry angry angry angry
exactly what I'm going through now... had to invite a girl to visit me to show some seriousness on my part.
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by bb6xt(m): 12:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
holahmihdeh:
But some men (guys) here said with money women go come cheap cheap, y d complain now?

Women dey come cheap but just not the right kind.
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Rooneyboy(m): 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
Numbers 2,3 and 8 , so on point , most especially number 8

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by bb6xt(m): 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2016
When your mom calls you on new year's day only to ask if you've made any friend in the state you recently relocated to and you mention the pleasant colleagues at your new office but she says that's not the kind of friend she was talking about you know the sh!t's getting real.

@op, number 8 does come with benefits though grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by chrisgush: 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Noted. All ur points are from your experience.
Being single can be really frustrating u know but getting engaged to d wrong person isnt more frustrating but hellish.
Dis life sef....
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by harsysky(m): 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Rapmoney:

Op, it is only a pain to those who still look up to the world to tell them what to do and what not to do.

It's none of my biz, anyway.
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by 400billionman: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Lord, i dey ur hand..

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
Nice thread, bro. grin

No.1 so true!

I'm leaving this club this year! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Rapmoney(m): 1:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
Koolking:

Trash! Stereotypical. This is 21 century. Low self esteem would make a single guy feel what you wrote ^. Who cares? Marriage is a scam
Look for threads that suit your mates and comment! You must not comment on every thread!!!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Rapmoney(m): 1:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
emusmith:
Nice thread, bro. grin

No.1 so true!

I'm leaving this club this year! wink
I salute you, bro! cheesy cool
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Koolking(m): 1:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
Rapmoney:
Look for threads that suit your mates and comment! You must not comment on every thread!!!

Roger that!!
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2016
bb6xt:

Women dey come cheap but just not the right kind.
Certainly, no right woman will come cheap
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by ichommy(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
Brother, I just dey read am o. Nice one lol
Rapmoney:
ALKARULEZ, goodboiy, ichommy, where you all at?

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by toyeanlawlah(f): 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2016
anochuko01:

the thing was so funny o.
its not her fault anyway, it coz I've not introduced anyone to her yet.
Na my babe wey never gree for me!

lolzzzz. den make ya babe gree nah. so there won't b more embarrassing moments coz 2 me, its alwaz embarrassing & annoying...... my mum z also an example. coz she hz neva heard me introduce any guy as my bf, 1 day she wz lyk, " z it d@ no 1 z askn u out or dey dnt find u attractive? its a curse o....tell me so we will go 2 church & gt u delivad...." I wz lyk W@
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
ronald4lif:
Number 10 is the most common. Once you're an eligible bachelor any girl people see you with will be regarded as your to-be wife. Friends and family will start making intimation and side remarks of when it's the wedding, abeg invite me o lol. Make God no gree your mama see you with woman, na there wedding plans fit start. grin

Lmao... And when ur sis mistakenly likes any of ur gfs.. Well,set-up begins!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
ronald4lif:
Number 10 is the most common. Once you're an eligible bachelor any girl people see you with will be regarded as your to-be wife. Friends and family will start making intimation and side remarks of when it's the wedding, abeg invite me o lol. Make God no gree your mama see you with woman, na there wedding plans fit start. grin

Lmao... And when ur sis mistakenly likes any of ur gfs.. Well,set-up begins! grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
Lol.. These ones are the things that can be laughed over. Women suffer worse! Even from the "manchelors"
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by toyeanlawlah(f): 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
Toks2008:

LOL! You have no idea the series of jamb questions that usually follows a negative response.

1.Why
2.Don't tell me...
3.But you must have been in a commited...
4.But why did...

lolzzzzz... so dz z w@ guys wu marry l8 pass 2ru..? neva knew @ all....I've alwaz envied dudes coz I bliv dey can marry anytym witout bin dzturbd or questioned by any1......
wen it kums 2 marriage, @tymz I alwaz wshd dz wz a white country...... just sayn
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by ayusco85(m): 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
Nubian113:

I'm not Nigerian cry

who cares

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by anochuko01(m): 2:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
toyeanlawlah:

lolzzzz. den make ya babe gree nah. so there won't b more embarrassing moments coz 2 me, its alwaz embarrassing & annoying...... my mum z also an example. coz she hz neva heard me introduce any guy as my bf, 1 day she wz lyk, " z it d@ no 1 z askn u out or dey dnt find u attractive? its a curse o....tell me so we will go 2 church & gt u delivad...." I wz lyk W@

hahaha.....deliverance?! that's serious o!

as for my babe, i don't wanna rush her, coz I already told her that I don't just wanna date, but I wanna marry her. I guess she's taking her time....

you too do quick o......mummy wants a grandchild, I guess
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by toyeanlawlah(f): 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
anochuko01:

hahaha.....deliverance?! that's serious o!

as for my babe, i don't wanna rush her, coz I already told her that I don't just wanna date, but I wanna marry her. I guess she's taking her time....

you too do quick o......mummy wants a grandchild, I guess

its alwaz good 2 take 1s tym wen it cums 2 marriage o.... take all d tym u nid.
dnt mind ma mum o... my sis av gvn her sum. d@ should do 4 nw...
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by anochuko01(m): 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
toyeanlawlah:

its alwaz good 2 take 1s tym wen it cums 2 marriage o.... take all d tym u nid.
dnt mind ma mum o... my sis av gvn her sum. d@ should do 4 nw...

thanks jaree wink wink wink
Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Shigoboy(m): 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
This is a serious topic and something that have been bothering me cry any available babe here Show your face and let reason together cheesy we need to help each other cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by jpphilips(m): 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
[quote author=Rapmoney post=41662983]

Depends on your thresh hold, bachelor is fun any day anytime!!

It is cheaper to eat out as a bachelor than the whole domestic thing, you will be shocked when you put pen to paper

Seems like your idea of marriage is employing a house girl, bachelors who cook are practically jobless.

Not everyone is on facebook, you can leave if it doesn't suit your purpose.

How is that supposed to have an effect on a normal person? isn't that what you are?

You expect a trailer and bus to carry the same load?

You brought this upon yourself, you had time to be gossiping with the so called landlord reason he had the temerity to throw banters.
"Hello - hi" is the best form of relationship bachelor or not

Is it a burial organizing company you work for?

You are definitely a jobless person.

what kinda business are the proceeds not shared in equity?

You continue chopping till they get tired of recommending them

3 Likes

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by obimind(m): 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
Marriage matter....chai!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor by Rapmoney(m): 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
[quote author=jpphilips post=41681098][/quote]I have already made my points for the concerned ones! If the post doesn't suit you, you could have moved to the next thread! Nobody forced u to buy my opinion!!! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is Easier To Raise, Male Child Or Female Child? / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having 2 Wives? / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.