Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,205 members, 7,839,109 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas (3386 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Pictures From Boko Haram Massacre In Dalori (Viewer Discretion) / Saraki And Other Senators In Delta For Thanksgiving Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by cabadice: 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2009
Gents and ladies in the house. I think we are all getting this thing wrong. I am new in the house. This video you are seeing is not recent at all. This happened last year( september 24 2008) in bonny. i was privy to have been in bonny and have first hand info. Those two boys you are seeing on the photo were members of a millitant group called " okoloma Ikpangi". They are not fishermen or innocent civillians as is being potrayed. These boys and their cohorts attempted to steal a gunboat the night before and to their suprise, they were reppelled by JTF that night and about 20 of them died. These two still came again with others in two speed boats the next day and were reppelled by the JTF. The rest of their mates died and these two were brought to land and taken care of appropriately. One soldier was injured during the encounter and later died at hospital. I have the photos of his fellow comrades and the boat they used. THEY ARE BOTH NOT FISHERMEN NOR INNOCENT CIVILIANS. THIS IS PROPAGANDA.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Skywalker5(m): 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2009
cabadice:

Gents and ladies in the house. I think we are all getting this thing wrong. I am new in the house. This video you are seeing is not recent at all. This happened last year( september 24 2008) in bonny. i was privy to have been in bonny and have first hand info. Those two boys you are seeing on the photo were members of a millitant group called " okoloma Ikpangi". They are not fishermen or innocent civillians as is being potrayed. These boys and their cohorts attempted to steal a gunboat the night before and to their suprise, they were reppelled by JTF that night and about 20 of them died. These two still came again with others in two speed boats the next day and were reppelled by the JTF. The rest of their mates died and these two were brought to land and taken care of appropriately. One soldier was injured during the encounter and later died at hospital. I have the photos of his fellow comrades and the boat they used. THEY ARE BOTH NOT FISHERMEN NOR INNOCENT CIVILIANS. THIS IS PROPAGANDA.

can we see ur evidence? cuz i see no reason for jungle justice in there. thats being heartless what i just watched.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by russellino: 2:40pm On Jun 16, 2009
@ cabadice

i have a few questions to ask

1. How possible is it that two survivors out of 20 killed would return alone. Are they batman & robin?
2. Lets say they were members of a militant group/cult and I noticed that the second killed had a fingertip on his right hand snipped off like many of them do, is it right to execute them without proper trial?

Those guys were murdered on film and it is not justifiable anyway we look at it. Its only going to inflame already bruised feelings locally and internationally.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by cabadice: 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2009
skywalker. are you on yahoo messenger? if yes. give me your addy

Rusellino--read my post well. They came with others. For me , the killing is justified. when they came for the attack without even considering the bonny people( Their own brothers), did they not have in mind the possibility of being caught? These guys fired their guns into a gas facility without even a thought of it exploding and wiping out bonny island and neighbouring villages. Are those the poeple to feel sorry for? These guys rape people's mothers ,sisters and disposes people off their belongings( innocent civillians travelling from bonny to PHC) without even an iota of conscience. I was a victim of these idiots last year. They stopped our boat, robbed us and a girl was placed behid my back and raped. If i was one of the " soldiers" in the clip, i would have blown out both brains and watch them splatter all over. You guys dont know what goes on here. I am here and i know.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by udezue(m): 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2009
Anybody who is justifying the slaughter of people in the Eastern delta region by JTF needs to get his / her head checked but oh well many naija ppl are mad so I'm not surprised. The video needs to reach UN jare.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by oloyeagba1: 4:25pm On Jun 16, 2009
This video is fake. Its straight from MEND FILMS & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY.

Don't be gullible!!!!
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by BAC: 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2009
I wish Nollywood can make fake films as good as this. All na lie lie
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Litmus: 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2009
@cabadice

Nevertheless, having captured the "militants” the military should not have executed them -
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by ono(m): 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2009
Can't see any movie. Did someone yank it off or what?
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2009
CARBADICE feel good drug. when u feel bad take two tablet of carbadice. slowpoke. angry angry
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by RichyBlacK(m): 12:51am On Jun 17, 2009
Those bastards in the Nigerian Army attempted this kind of genocide against Igbos between 1966-1970. It is a sad reality that the evils that the Igbos complained about in the mid-1960s is coming back to hunt the Ijaws and some other minority groups in the South. This struggle has a long history.

The bastards in the Nigerian Army are illiterate fuktards who do not even know how to read the Geneva Convention let alone understand it. Though I've always sympathized with the struggle in the Niger Delta against the evil tyranny of the kleptomaniacs in flowing babariga in Abuja, seeing this video has pushed me further in my support. I support MEND in all their activities against the Nigerian Army and sincerely pray and hope those murderers in the Nigerian Army are annihilated! May God show no mercy to those cold-blooded murders who took the life of those young men. I have ONLY contempt for the Nigerian government and all those who support the genocide against the people of the Niger Delta!
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Bialegend(m): 12:59am On Jun 17, 2009
OneNaija wrote:
God I Hate Nigeria Army Oh my God I am out of Nigeria totally.Nothing On earth will make me step my legs on that Country even on my unborn child and my children s wont step their legs on that Country. Tribalism Country Unless Nigeria is divided.
Useless arrsshole, you don't even know where you stand. Were you not among those defending nigeria as the giant of Africa? So, why can't you go back anymore to your giant of Africa country? Ewu, noboby will divide the country. It will remain one country and you sleeping imbeciles MUST have to deal with the situation.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by RichyBlacK(m): 1:15am On Jun 17, 2009
snowdrops:

The whole senseless killings have to stop from both sides. Innocent civilians [women, children and elderly] ultimately pay the price. It is sad that the so called freedom fighting by the militants is feuled by crude oil smuggling and some faceless wealthy sponsors who conviniently move their families to plum locations in nigeria or overseas, then arm young unemployed nds to do their dirty work.
Make no mistakes, it may take 10, 20 yrs etc,  the nd will not break up from nigeria. the militants are fighting a lost battle. They should ask their counterparts from other parts of the world, pkk [turkey], tamil tigers [sri lanka], bask [spain], ira [n. ireland], et al.

But they can cut in half Nigeria's crude oil export. I hope they get better organized and destroy more pipelines. They've been pushed to the wall and must fight back! They should reach out to explosive experts to make more lethal bombs and destroy those evil Nigerian Army.

It is far better to die fighting than to be perpetually humiliated by illiterate goats in uniform!
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by RichyBlacK(m): 1:18am On Jun 17, 2009
cabadice:

@cabadice,
What are you smoking? Aren't those illiterate goats in uniform supposed to respect Nigerian Army rules of engagement, the right to life and fair hearing, and the Geneva Convention?

There is no excuse for killing anyone in cold blood. Those soldiers must be tried and convicted for crimes against humanity.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Sagamite(m): 1:22am On Jun 17, 2009
Apart from the pathetic and moronic propagandish write-up in the clip and the title of this thread, I think this is really low.

Unfortunately, we have a useless government under Yaradua, supported by the hopeless Aonduncekaa and Okiro, so no matter how much we scream about this video and call for justice nothing will happen.

If I had the powers the shooter will be traced and executed publicly, and every member of that JTF force that was present will be dismissed from the force for not reporting the incidence.

bleeping bastards!!! And we have a retard as president.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by RichyBlacK(m): 1:25am On Jun 17, 2009
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Nigeria has the most useless government the universe has ever had the misfortune of witnessing!
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Sagamite(m): 1:29am On Jun 17, 2009
Richy, abeg email me for some discussions.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by OneNaija(m): 2:14am On Jun 17, 2009
@Bialegend Please If you want to make a Statement please don't Insult me. I have already say to myself I don't want to Insult anyone. Please don't Insult me.Thanks you
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Nwazo(m): 2:50am On Jun 17, 2009
Just watched the video like 3 times over.

Between 2:50 and 3:00 of the 3:21 in duration video. If you watch the video closely, the supposedly dead body on the right moves. To be more precise, the dead dude on the right moves his head, not just a little move too. I thought at first, maybe it was the wind or something. But that must be one light head to make such a huge move by a gust of wind that doesn't seem to be moving anything else in the clip.

Plus the whole entire set-up just smells like shenanigans to me. I'm no pro in the matter, but after watching it a couple of times. It just doesn't look or feel real to me.

If it's real, then it's a tragedy and the culprits should be punished accordingly if justice prevails. If it's fake then the Militants should stop watching Nollywood movies and brush up on how to make a video before desperate attempts to get empathy from the rest of the world,  and that's my 2cents in the matter.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by biina: 2:54am On Jun 17, 2009
The video looks questionable
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Nwazo(m): 3:00am On Jun 17, 2009
biina:

Indeed
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by grafikdon: 3:14am On Jun 17, 2009
Like I said before, it raised a lot of questions. . .

There are so many things that don't add up but it doesn't matter now because either way (whether real or propaganda tool) the video is disturbing and I have seen worse from Nigerian soldiers.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Prizm(m): 5:52am On Jun 17, 2009
In the end, Nigeria is a nation filled with cowed, subservient, fearful people who cannot be relied upon to meaningfully protest any form of injustice whatsoever. The most that would be heard of this bloody tragedy is empty words of solidarity on an internet forum and a wholesale deferment of responsibility to nebulous dispensers of justice like the UN. The point (if no one has ever bothered to note) is that the powers that be in the Nigerian namespace have given their consent to this sort of dastardly barbarism and they are not willing to lift a fat avaricious finger in the defense of innocent men, women and children that must be gunned down, pillaged and desecrated by the primitive barbarians cloaked as soldiers.

If I must hark back to my earlier point however, I’ll note that Nigerians are so thoroughly divided and utterly subdued that they cannot muster any semblance of a popular and nation-wide revolt against the insouciant actions of the military. And why would anybody? Is the bloody and checkered history of that God-forsaken nation not replete with bountiful examples where the instruments and machinery of the state had been effectively used against the citizenry without any consequence? Who, having noted the ghastly regularity with which the Nigerian state visits gut-wrenching brutality on people who challenge the status quo would dare do the same? On what grounds would they do so I ask—Patriotism?

So it is probably safe to conclude that if the aggrieved people in the destitute and strife-stricken parts of the Niger Delta desire any change of circumstances, they must take matters into their hands. Counting on the humanity of their fellow Nigerians would be an injurious mistake. The much they can do, if they are not already mouthing obsequious and offensive statements exculpating the JTF, is shed abundant crocodile tears in cyberspace. And as is the manner of all things Nigerian, it will be back to business as usual.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by manmustwac(m): 6:13am On Jun 17, 2009
If na western country where this thing happened there will be protests on the streets for days by the masses {look at iraq for example} but we nija all we sabe do is pray to god to help us coz we can't help ourselves.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by texazzpete(m): 8:15am On Jun 17, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Those bastards in the Nigerian Army attempted this kind of genocide against Igbos between 1966-1970. It is a sad reality that the evils that the Igbos complained about in the mid-1960s is coming back to hunt the Ijaws and some other minority groups in the South. This struggle has a long history.

The bastards in the Nigerian Army are illiterate fuktards who do not even know how to read the Geneva Convention let alone understand it. Though I've always sympathized with the struggle in the Niger Delta against the evil tyranny of the kleptomaniacs in flowing babariga in Abuja, seeing this video has pushed me further in my support. I support MEND in all their activities against the Nigerian Army and sincerely pray and hope those murderers in the Nigerian Army are annihilated! May God show no mercy to those cold-blooded murders who took the life of those young men. I have ONLY contempt for the Nigerian government and all those who support the genocide against the people of the Niger Delta!

Why generalize so recklessly? Don't you think there are loads of gallant, decent men in our armed forces?
Use your head instead of making a silly knee-jerk reaction and call for the arrest and prosecution of those soldiers in the video instead of demanding for the deaths of all the men and women who put on the uniform in defence of this country.
It's a pity Nigeria is filled with idealistic cowards and traitors who will not in a million years volunteer for the armed forces, yet never let any opportunity pass to deride these same men. a few US forces have killed and wounded civillians in Iraq and Afghanistan, yet the American public is savvy enough to know that there are far more decent men and women in the army and they show respect to their armed forces. It's a pity we Nigerians cannot dredge up the same level of patriotism.

Before i get flamed here, my position is clear; restrict your bile to the people in the video alone.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Sagamite(m): 8:18am On Jun 17, 2009
Nwazo:

Just watched the video like 3 times over.

Between 2:50 and 3:00 of the 3:21 in duration video. If you watch the video closely, the supposedly dead body on the right moves. To be more precise, the dead dude on the right moves his head, not just a little move too. I thought at first, maybe it was the wind or something. But that must be one light head to make such a huge move by a gust of wind that doesn't seem to be moving anything else in the clip.

Plus the whole entire set-up just smells like shenanigans to me. I'm no pro in the matter, but after watching it a couple of times. It just doesn't look or feel real to me.

If it's real, then it's a tragedy and the culprits should be punished accordingly if justice prevails. If it's fake then the Militants should stop watching Nollywood movies and brush up on how to make a video before desperate attempts to get empathy from the rest of the world,  and that's my 2cents in the matter.

biina:

Nwazo:

Indeed

Nah, I have watched it again and I am pretty confident if is not fake because:

1) The number of soldiers and their typical relaxed swagger
2) The type of gun being carried by ALL the soldiers is very similar to what we know that the Nigerian army carries, not the ones militants carry
3) The boats shown is far bigger than any I have seen the miltants possess and similar to the ones I have seen owned by the Army

I did notice the head move but can't explain that.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Litmus: 10:53am On Jun 17, 2009
@texazzpete (m)

Texazzpete :

Why generalize so recklessly? Don't you think there are loads of gallant, decent men in our armed forces?
Use your head instead of making a silly knee-jerk reaction and call for the arrest and prosecution of those soldiers in the video instead of demanding for the deaths of all the men and women who put on the uniform in defence of this country.
It's a pity Nigeria is filled with idealistic cowards and traitors who will not in a million years volunteer for the armed forces, yet never let any opportunity pass to deride these same men. a few US forces have killed and wounded civillians in Iraq and Afghanistan, yet the American public is savvy enough to know that there are far more decent men and women in the army and they show respect to their armed forces. It's a pity we Nigerians cannot dredge up the same level of patriotism.

Before i get flamed here, my position is clear; restrict your bile to the people in the video alone.

You’re so right. The reckless generalisations get me every time.  Funny, the people guilty of this, make the point that Nigerians are good at nothing and yet, if they are themselves Nigerians, they do quite a good spreading propaganda. I am convinced their negative generalisations have done at least as much harm to the image of the country as criminality and poor government. Sometimes I read what some write and I marvel and wonder if these people do so informed by experience or racist notions formed in the West. By this, I mean that general fear of black people from which Conrad’s heart of darkness drew and reinforced. I also have sympathy for your comment on the Nigerian military and do so not just because it is self-evident that there are good and bad in most organisations but out of real life experience. My experiences juxtaposed with contemporary media exposure of wars and war crimes the world over, lead me to believe that not only do Nigeria military posses decent men and women but that Nigeria army probably merit the title the most decent and moral fighting men and women in the world. This is no hyperbole like the negative blusters.  Some other person will no doubt counter with, that they have had real life experience of the Nigeria military, then go on to paint a Conradian portrait of those soldiers, and label them the worst in the world. However, if so, it only reinforces your thought that there are too many  generalisations.

As for the video, if a true representation, I expect most Nigerians would be appalled. More practically, the perpetrators will not escape justice contrary to what propagandists would have people believe in the context of Nigeria as representative of some otherworldly savagery whose foibles go beyond international sanctions. Finally, if the emotions expressed by many, on seeing the video, are anything to go by, then, it is our duty to be mindful of what we say and do, so that the situation does not escalate and result in more of the same.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by maksum: 11:14am On Jun 17, 2009
Things are not always what they seem to be. It is simply not possible for the Nigerian Army to invite the press or a camera man to officially document a footage of that nature, use ur brains people. No Armed Forces in the world will do such. It is clearly propaganda and it bears all the foot print of it, for instance look at the caption 'muslim soldiers' what is the motive behind the caption. The sentiments and hatred towards the Nigerian Army this video has generated is exactly what the originator of that video intended to achive. Do not allow ur selves to be objects of manipulation. Nigerians should learn to seek for facts and stop being sentimental. No body said anything about the mass grave found in the militant camp 5 where the 18 missing soldiers were found, no body said any thing about bodies of soldiers found with their eyes out of their sockets. ARE THEY NOT HUMAN?
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by koolchicco: 11:44am On Jun 17, 2009
@ifele post:
"Why wont Seun watch the vid? Niggas like Seun dont have balls.

Seun is practically justifying this murders. Seun yu gotta no balls yur a bitch".

You dont just call peep names cos they dont wanna engage in some activity perhaps for some reason best know to him, as some peeps cant withstand watching the terrifying video however it doesnt mean that they are supportive of the brutality in ND as it were.Moreover peeps have the fundamental right to choose what to watch and vice versa, BE NICE!!

Condolences to all my ND bros.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by superboi(m): 11:45am On Jun 17, 2009
could that movement be explained by spasm?
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by debosky(m): 11:54am On Jun 17, 2009
Cabadice

Can you prove this video was shot in September 2008?

Can you prove that the man shot in the video was a militant? Are the soldiers under command to KILL unarmed people?

This is a highly disturbing video, but sadly a representation of the general regard for human life in Nigeria. Even the police kill people in this manner in cities, not to talk of a pseudo-war situation in the Niger Delta.

The issue is not with the military per se but with the way we value life.

That said, the officers involved must be prosecuted, unless they were acting on official commands - and if so their commanders should be prosecuted.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by koolchicco: 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2009
@maksum:
"Things are not always what they seem to be. It is simply not possible for the Nigerian Army to invite the press or a camera man to officially document a footage of that nature, use ur brains people. No Armed Forces in the world will do such. It is clearly propaganda and it bears all the foot print of it, for instance look at the caption 'muslim soldiers' what is the motive behind the caption. The sentiments and hatred towards the Nigerian Army this video has generated is exactly what the originator of that video intended to achive. Do not allow ur selves to be objects of manipulation. Nigerians should learn to seek for facts and stop being sentimental. No body said anything about the mass grave found in the militant camp 5 where the 18 missing soldiers were found, no body said any thing about bodies of soldiers found with their eyes out of their sockets. ARE THEY NOT HUMAN?[/font][/font][/color][/color][/color]"

It seems as though u took the word from my mouth as i was just about to write same thing.Now about the video,I was reliably informed that about 20 soldiers were missing and that recently on an intelligence raid on one of the militant's camp were found some military uniforms(Your guess is as good as mine).consequently the brains cum motive and even the source of this video is highly questionable as its absolutely absurd to even imagine that the porosity of the Nigerian military is so obvious as to allow such an irresponsible and careless recording to take place,an offence which is tantamount to betrayal in the army and punishable by hanging,ceteris paribus!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015: PDP, NWC Divided Over Sambo-amaechi Joint Ticket / Mike Adenuga (glo) Exposes Obasanjo Again / 14-yr Old Suicide Bomber Hands Himself Over At Mosque He Was Sent To Blow Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.