Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) (27563 Views)

Two Armed Robbers Killed At Alakija Bus Stop, Satellite Town, Lagos / Two Armed Robbers Killed At Dangote Cement Factory, Ogun State. / Armed Robbers Killed In Port-Harcourt During Police Shootout (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by dre11(m): 10:25am On Jan 05, 2016
the original story did originate from this link where a man did kill his lover on Christmas day...
www.nairaland.com/2827464/man-kills-live-in-lover-christmas-day
a new twist have unravelled it self with the guy showing up and giving his side of the story.......

Samson Folarin

Monday Hounga, the 28-year-old-man, who was believed to have killed his live-in lover, Cecelia Joseph, and fled to Benin Republic, has voluntarily submitted himself to the police.

Hounga claimed that he and Cecelia were attacked by a three-man gang on Christmas Day, adding that the armed men stabbed 21-year-old Joseph to death and ripped open his stomach.

He said after he was rejected by four hospitals in Nigeria, a relative got a cab which took him to Porto Novo, Benin, on the fateful day, where he underwent a life-saving operation.

Hounga said he decided against medical advice to risk his health and submit to the police after he learnt that he had been declared wanted for murder.

The 28-year-old had been declared wanted by the Interpol for allegedly killing Cecelia in Raji Rasaki Estate, in the FESTAC Town area of Lagos State.

Our correspondent had reported that the suspect and Cecelia had had a disagreement on Christmas day which culminated in a bloody fight during which the victim was stabbed to death.

The Lagos State Police Command had contacted Interpol to assist with the arrest of the suspect, after he was said to have escaped to Benin Republic.

The police later released a statement saying it had arrested a woman, Taiye Ganiyu, and one Sodjinou Singbo, for aiding his escape.
However, PUNCH Metro was told that Hounga surrendered himself to the police in Benin on January 1, 2016, and was transferred to the FESTAC Police Division the next day.

The matter was immediately transferred to the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba.

The suspect told our correspondent he had never had a fight with Cecelia in the house he rented in Raji Rasaki Estate.

While Hounga is an iron bender , Cecelia worked in a shop in Mile 2 as a hairdresser.

Hounga said, “We have known each other for more than 10 years now. We met while in the primary school. Although we attended different primary schools, we usually met during inter-house competitions and that was when we started dating.

“I rented the apartment where we lived and we had been living together for more than one year. We would have been married, but her parents said she should get pregnant for me first.

“On December 25, around 12.30am, while we were both asleep, she (Cecelia) suddenly shouted, ‘Monday, help me.’ As I opened my eyes, I woke up to see a gun pointed at my head. The intruders were three, but only one carried a gun. He said if I shouted, he would blast my head off.

“They stabbed me in the hand and in the wrist when I tried to struggle with them. They later stabbed me in the stomach. I forced myself to pull out the knife from my stomach. When I checked Cecelia, she was dead.”

He said the landlord of the house and a few other people later arrived and put him in a tricycle which took him to a nearby hospital where he was rejected.

He said he was also taken to the FESTAC Police Station, where he was issued a police report to enable him get quick treatment.
However, around 4am, after being rejected at a general hospital and two other places, a relative was said to have suggested that he should be taken to the Porto Novo Hospital in Benin.

The doctors at the hospital were said to have operated on him, before placing him on admission.

He said, “I was on admission when I heard in the news that I killed Cecelia. Here was somebody I loved so much and would many times kneel to beg whenever we had issues. Why would I kill her?”

Hounga explained that Cecelia had once separated from him after she was impregnated by another man, whom she claimed her family supported.

He said after a few years with the man, she returned to him, adding that she had two stillbirths for the former boyfriend.

“She came back in 2014 and because of the love I had for her, I accepted her. Despite what happened, I have not stopped loving her and if I get out of this case, I don’t think I will ever love any woman like I loved her,” he said.

However, the elder sister of the victim, Titilayo Joseph, denied that Hounga and Cecelia lived together, saying that her sister was staying with her in Mazamaza.

She said, “Cece (Cecelia) lived with me and not him. She would go to work in the morning and return home at evening.

“I called her on December 24 to know why she was not at home and she said the Yuletide season had kept her busy at work.
“On December 25, she came home to pick something and my neighbours said they saw her. I was sick and couldn’t go out.

“I was at home on December 26 when I received a call that she had a fight with her boyfriend and he had stabbed her to death.
“He claimed they were attacked by robbers; were they the only one living in that compound? Why was she the only one that was stabbed to death? Why didn’t he raise the alarm?”

Titilayo said the family was not aware of the relationship, urging the police to bring the killer of her sister to justice.

A source said the police would accommodate all witnesses and sieve the evidence to arrive at the truth.

He said, “It was a miracle that he survived because all his entrails were out. One of the doctors in the hospitals he was rushed to has made statement to corroborate Hounga’s story.”

The Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, ASP Aliyu Giwa, confirmed the arrest.

He added that the police would get to the roots of the case and give justice to the deceased.

www.punchng.com/fleeing-lover-surrenders-claims-robbers-killed-girlfriend/

lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Aminat508(f): 10:29am On Jan 05, 2016
shocked Eleyii gidi gan

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by StefanSalvatore: 10:31am On Jan 05, 2016
So d armed robbers killed ur galfriend n allowed u dat is a man 2 live. They knw hw to kill d gal but dey couldn't finish u off undecided Pls I'm not buying dat undecided

Young man u must av overpowered n killed d gal wen u 2 had d fight n she could only injure u or maybe u probably did dat 2 urself 2 deceive our whack policemen

Anyways i pray say dem no go fall 4 ham, mk dem arrest u n gv u sentence

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by stefanweeks: 10:39am On Jan 05, 2016
who do we believe

detectives in the house over to you
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by dennisworld1(m): 10:47am On Jan 05, 2016
make i buy land here first
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by ijustdey: 10:49am On Jan 05, 2016
the guy felt the heat of the interpol looking for him all around ..... he decided to show face and come up with his own side of defense.......

the guy doesn't know how to lie..... so your neighbour won't know when the robbers can around undecided

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 05, 2016
Aminat508:
shocked Eleyii gidi gan

Pretty, Please forgive me
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Aminat508(f): 11:19am On Jan 05, 2016
figo05:

Pretty, Please forgive me

ok no problem, uw sir
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 05, 2016
Aminat508:
ok no problem, uw sir

am okay and u?
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by looseweight: 11:26am On Jan 05, 2016
This one is strong oooo
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Chanchit: 11:26am On Jan 05, 2016
According to what the guy said, I think he has some witness, proper investigation should be carried out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by miqos02(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2016
ok
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Demmocrats(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2016
Hmmmmm i wonder what the robbers where looking in a that guys house, the guy looks so broke.

3 Likes

Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by saintfaculty(m): 11:28am On Jan 05, 2016
Ok
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by GraceBestowed(f): 11:28am On Jan 05, 2016
Of course he will surrender, he would have had a miserably life running and looking over his shoulder. There is no rest for the wicked!
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by absoluteSuccess: 11:29am On Jan 05, 2016
a ni bawon nipin ninu iku ojiji lodun gbogbo,

ase edumare .
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by amunkita(m): 11:29am On Jan 05, 2016
Who said he had a quarrel with his gal friend..
The neighbors that assisted him to the hospital, did they not notice the lady, if he had killed the lady why not call the police immediately..

He further went to Festac station to get a report after the "Supposedly" murder..

Some times reporters need slap for giving half half story..

This case is easy, once u bring the witness who heard them fighting or else release the young man if the hospitals he went to could confirm how bad his wounds were...

8 Likes

Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by vicostyles(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2016
n

2 Likes

Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Chillext(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2016
Why the guy come put sanitary pad for belle na

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by T4kbaba(m): 11:32am On Jan 05, 2016
sign of end time.
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Greenbullet(m): 11:32am On Jan 05, 2016
this guy is lying ,he killed the girl probably in a heated argument and then ran away to a friend who made up this story for him .

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Badboiz(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2016
Y
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by vinelli(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2016
Hmm!!! This story get as e be.... Well make we just dey watch
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by 400billionman: 11:34am On Jan 05, 2016
Flee Violent Relationships..
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Naveedah(f): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2016
Don't move in with a man that has not paid your bride Price them no go hear. See the guy face sef undecided. The story sef get as e be

2 Likes

Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Innodon(m): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2016
Okay
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Naomite(f): 11:36am On Jan 05, 2016
Nawa oo shocked
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by Mskrisx(f): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2016
Chaiiiii cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by tobisco29(m): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2016
Too bad you guy
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by MadCow1: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2016
Nice
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by sisiclara: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2016
Only God knows the truth!..
Re: Fleeing Lover Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend (picture) by missyadorable(f): 11:44am On Jan 05, 2016
The Guy is lying

He killed the girl over bitterness,as pay back

Because she got impregnated by another man,left him and later returned to him after that relationship fail as a result of stillbirths.

He killed her! Simple!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mastermind Of Orekoya Kids Kidnapped By Nanny, Arrested 3 Years Later / Teenager Kills Landlady, Daughter, Grandchildren, Reports To Police / Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.