Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Should I Return The Funds - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Return The Funds (14288 Views)

Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? / Unable To Access Funds In My Account / Pencom Releases Guidelines For Pension Funds Withdrawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Return The Funds by ibro2much(m): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
Pls notify the authority immediately and if its a mistake return it immediately o,it happen to a colleague of mine in the office that was overpaid to the tune of 250,000 instead of his normal 50,000 salary for his level,instead of him to alert the authority he went about galivanting and spending anyhow,when it was finally discovered,the guy was without salary for full five months all he get is alert without physical cash.....come see hunger and regret all written on his face always grin grin
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Raxxye(m): 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
Better return it, else you'll find out that you ate your future salary as the money will be definitely deducted sooner or later!
Re: Should I Return The Funds by 4nobody4every1: 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
echelons:
Better get clarification form your office.

If it's a deserved pay, go ahead and spend it.

If it's a mistake, find a way of making reversal.

Anyhow you want it, if the money is not meant to be credited to you, the bank will eventually debit your account for it, and it will be most painful when you had already spent the money.

you can ask[b] lalasticlala t[/b]he predicaments of all those that got "unknown" funds from Dasuki.
buhahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Sleekbaby(f): 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
My dear ezi aha ka ego, meaning good name is better than money, notify the accountant about it and see if is mistake bcoz if they find out themselves it might cost you your job and you know that job is not easy to come by in this country.
Re: Should I Return The Funds by ekwelive: 9:20pm On Jan 05, 2016
flintrony:
I work in one of the federal government facility, we were all expecting some arrears payment for some time, it finally came, we were all happy.
Something happened I got another alert, the amount is close to what we were paid but not the same.
I was not called upon and nobody else got that second alert.
Plz nairalanders should I return or notify the system I got such such alert?
The arrears is close to #120k
The second alert is little less than 100k
Plz advise a member
guy! flex, nothing dey happen...
Re: Should I Return The Funds by bigtt76(f): 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
Keep it so you won't have to bother about arrears again
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Junkab: 9:26pm On Jan 05, 2016
They will trace the money to ur account during auditing. Pls return d money immediately thru ur head of facility otherwise u will be tagged as bad or dishonest and can lead to termination
Re: Should I Return The Funds by ecotwins: 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
Just return it. don't even think twice about it, its an integrity issue!
100 k wont make you richer but it can cause you much sorrow and guilt.
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
just spend it like you would have spent the 120k that you worked for. You shouldnt inform the mgt. They may remove in future but if you spent it wisely you wont regret it. They will never penalise you for the excess payment.
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
if ure on ippis be rest assured that they remove it later so just live there and dont over spend. To the bro over me it is a government job nothing like integrity issue here.
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Coraje(m): 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
Everybody kon dey fear dasuki. Abeg guy clarify from the account department whether u really deserve the extra 100,000 naira or not. The promotion and good will that you may get from your honesty will worth far more than a million naira. Even if nobody rewards you just know that you are forming your character and maintaining your personal integrity. And what's more: Not only God is watching, people are watching and they will you it for or against you on the day it matters most.
Re: Should I Return The Funds by kevoh(m): 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
It's government money. They will get it back one way. Just don't spend it and chill a bit.
Re: Should I Return The Funds by flintrony: 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
Frenzydili:
Are u on ippis payment system? Ur answer will help kno d step to take.
We are not
Re: Should I Return The Funds by flintrony: 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
Stoical:
So you are one of those they short pay me for them to get double? I don catch you at last... Flintil/flintrony #umunna... tongue grin
Biko kwa my broda no b me oo
Re: Should I Return The Funds by arsetalks(m): 10:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
This happened to me last week. I did a worldremit.com transfer via paypal card of £100 ( roughly 30k naira) to myself, it was paid twice.

I am not returning it. I won't because did transfer sometime last year, it was not paid but my card was debited. Till date they haven't paid.

Normally I would return it but in this case it would be stupid to do so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Return The Funds by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
You can't eat your cake and have it. the error will definitely be traced to your account and what will happen is that your account will be placed on PND (Post No Bebit) meaning you will not be able to withdraw until you vist the bank or the particular amount will be LIEN which means you will not be able to withdraw the amount that you fraudulently withdrawn even if it takes eternity. just be wise and ask relevant questions.
Re: Should I Return The Funds by amayodimeji: 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2016
it best if he return the money...
Re: Should I Return The Funds by AreaFada2: 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
It happens sometimes.

Return the money.

Ideally issue a check to your company covering the amount.
Done it once before.

I know one guy who didn't and led to a query.
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Boeing777pilot: 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
Interesting.
From the comments so far it appears change is here grin
Re: Should I Return The Funds by winnerjoy: 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
can you tell us what kind of arrears you are being paid to help you out.is it promotion arrear or earned allowance
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Frenzydili(f): 12:16am On Jan 06, 2016
flintrony:

We are not
ok.u have to verify if d first credit alert was d original amount u were supposed to b paid.if Yes,u have to report to ur account department cos dey will definitely find out if not today mayb in d future.pls n pls dnt strike a deal with anybody n don't pay d money into anyone's account except d establishment's internal generated revenue account.talking from experience.
Re: Should I Return The Funds by datigbogirl: 12:47am On Jan 06, 2016
ShakurM:
Federal government of which Buhari is the President ? Pls no spend the money before you find ur self in an accused box. Mr man, kindly see your head of facility and notify . If it's reverted, you have nothing to lose, but a lot to gain.

Help me tell d guy oh, ds govt no be like GEJ own dat will separate the Yam from d Goat to stop corruption oh! this govt believes in tempting the Goat with the Yam and den catch it den proclaim to d world he's "pighting kwaraption"
Re: Should I Return The Funds by flintrony: 1:05am On Jan 06, 2016
Frenzydili:
ok.u have to verify if d first credit alert was d original amount u were supposed to b paid.if Yes,u have to report to ur account department cos dey will definitely find out if not today mayb in d future.pls n pls dnt strike a deal with anybody n don't pay d money into anyone's account except d establishment's internal generated revenue account.talking from experience.
Tnx
Re: Should I Return The Funds by flintrony: 1:07am On Jan 06, 2016
winnerjoy:
can you tell us what kind of arrears you are being paid to help you out.is it promotion arrear or earned allowance
Promotion arrears
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Otes26(f): 5:13am On Jan 06, 2016
The money was paid into your salary account, if it was paid in error and you withdrew it, also know that your establishment will find away to deduct it from your salary. Do not spend that money. Find a way to return it.
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Memyselfu2009(m): 5:59am On Jan 06, 2016
They paid u someone else money mistakenly u know what to do
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Favoredchic: 6:15am On Jan 06, 2016
flintrony:
I work in one of the federal government facility, we were all expecting some arrears payment for some time, it finally came, we were all happy.
Something happened I got another alert, the amount is close to what we were paid but not the same.
Plz advise a member

Confirm the extra pay from your finance or human resource department and if it was payed in error, it's advisable that you return it.
Re: Should I Return The Funds by ShakurM(m): 6:41am On Jan 06, 2016
datigbogirl:

Help me tell d guy oh, ds govt no be like GEJ own dat will separate the Yam from d Goat to stop corruption oh! this govt believes in tempting the Goat with the Yam and den catch it den proclaim to d world he's "pighting kwaraption"
haha, I like your theory grin, make this country better na im Buhari dey fight for
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 06, 2016
My guy abeg return am oooo.. I dont think u go fit use d money do better thing if u really didnt work for it.

Altho i work in a private coy i also recieved an alert like that this last december. D amount even high pass my normal pay. I had to go to the account section to verify and dey tld me not to touch d money yet.

Meanwhile i know an Audit will definitely b conducted and so i wont want my name to b stained neither will i want anyone to loose dia job because of been careless in crediting someone's account..
Re: Should I Return The Funds by dubemivan(m): 8:14am On Jan 06, 2016
flintrony:
Plz advise a member
Op seems you have not heard this song "Everything na double double, everything na double double"!
This is 2016 your year of double portion.... MAKE sure you forward me your as a Man of God. God bless you!
To others reading this, may God give you double alert too this ne year in Jesus name.... click LIKE to say Amen!
Re: Should I Return The Funds by Jidibia(m): 9:04am On Jan 06, 2016
flintrony:
Plz advise a member
All na your arrears. Do not return a dime out that money. They paid for damages. It's all your money.
Re: Should I Return The Funds by MyMentor: 9:06am On Jan 06, 2016
Refund it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? / Self-improvement : 10 Questions You Should Ask To Yourself / What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.