Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Core Functions Of CBN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Core Functions Of CBN (1067 Views)

Ganduje: 'I Don't Sleep At Public Functions, I Only Pretend'' / Names Of Beneficiaries Of CBN Illegal Recrutiment+photos - Sahara Reporters / Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Core Functions Of CBN by ican2020: 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
The main functions of CBN
1. issue of currency
2. banker to government
3. Custodian of Cash Reserves of Commercial Banks
4. Custody and Management of Foreign Exchange Reserves
5. Lender of the Last Resort
6. Clearing House for Transfer and Settlement
7. Controller of Credit

Overseeing how government allocations are spent is NOT the function of CBN but rather the constitutional function of the federal legislators, the journalist and the general public as clearly sated by our LAW and the freedom of information act.

So it beats my imagination when I see some So-Call NGOs, like the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) making public statement, without first of all finding out what the laws of the land says as per the functions of the tiers of government, its agencies and that of the citizen

Is Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) a new organisation?

In the voice of our President, why is it that they did not ask the last administration to account for all the allocations that was made then, if they really believe in Accountability

Trying to please anyone should not be the order of the day.
Do you know why?
Anything that has a beginning must also have an end.

We should learn to be on the side of law and the citizens, government go, government comes but you and I remain.
Re: Core Functions Of CBN by betaessays: 11:02pm On Oct 22, 2017

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Boss Ibrahim Magu Visits Aso Villa / Ngige Tells Victor Umeh To Mind His Business And Endorses Uche Ekwunife / Photo Of A Pastor Using Hover Board In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.