Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,456 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) (4527 Views)

Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) / I Need A Job ASAP Someone Help (C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by JLM(f): 10:30pm On Jan 05, 2016
A CV/Resume is what every employer sees before they set eyes on an applicant. Yet many Nigerian graduates still cannot comprehend the importance of packaging themselves to make them stand out from the crowd. The CV attached is one out of many terrible ones culled from a recruitment exercise.

1. Some graduates send CVs with misspellings of even their own names and phone numbers!
2. Some give the HR team the chore of finding where their vital personal details are such as contact details.
3. Some send CV with wrong email, some no email at all, some missing phone numbers.
4. Some send CVs with details in a tabular form.

I tell you many where not even called for interview, talk less of getting the job just because at a glance, the CV tells the kind of candidate that has applied!

Now those that managed not to misspell words, just filled their CVs with lengthy statements that the have copied from their mates, no originality, and what about other fields? Hmm Do you think you are the only candidate for the job? Their are thousands of CVs pouring in and if at a glance we do not see what we need during recruitment, we simply dump it and move to the next.

When we say get some one to write an award winning CV/Resume for you for a token, you decline and call people names, yet you keep on lamenting about how you have been sending CVs and no one has called you! Most HRM personnels of top organisations studied abroad and would not accept the poorly written garbage you send to them as CV, with error even in your name!

This is another chance for you, If you are not sure of what you have as a CV, call or whatsapp 08063611208, and have a superb CV /Resume written for you for a token 1k. There are CV formats expected from an applicant for the job of a nurse, and this is different from what an applicant for the job of an engineer is required to present.

So if you need your resume for IT, internships and Jobs written call or whatsapp 08063611208, and get a Job already, this is 2016!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by Luizkid(m): 11:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
yes there will always be poorly written Cvs (IYO), but the best ones (for ur mind) u've written, how many Jobs have they nailed. Some people will immediately conclude that they hav a wrong Cv on seeing another person's Cv. Any employer ready to give out a job will give pple an opportunity to express him or herself, u'll be amazed most grads are even better than wat dia Cvs say about them..... Pls enuf of these Cv grooming gospel let's talk on how to create jobs for ourselves. We can say our course of study for instance and let those who have more experience advice us on the best prof course or path to take...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by ewosk: 12:55am On Jan 06, 2016
ok i can see you have created a job for your self...

i know they are nice formatted cv's but i worked in my undergrd. days as a computer operator.....

and some ''trashy'' infact very trashy resume in nairaland standard earned folks jobs....so the noise about this cv issue is choking already...

for those with resources to spend get her assistance ....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by JLM(f): 3:49am On Jan 06, 2016
An employer will only give u an opporrunity to expreSs yourself when your CV shows him you are worth talking to, otherwise its a waste of time.
This I know from experience

We are all focused on creating jobs, yes a good idea indeed. But when you haven't gotten a means to do that yet, I suppose the best thing is for you to sit at home and hold tight to your view of a perfect CV.

Unfortunately, some of us just make comments on nairaland with little or no information, experience or exposure on the subject at hand. I wish you goodluck on your high horses.
Note that this thread was intended for people with faults, not perfect beings like you.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by Nobody: 4:24am On Jan 06, 2016
What are they saying?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 06, 2016
who cares
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 06, 2016
A woman write CV for me, my own Don finish na

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by soulhighman(m): 7:33am On Jan 06, 2016
Very soon. All this CV writing services will turn to 200 naira

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by butanep(m): 7:43am On Jan 06, 2016
CV rewrite or Cv appraisal. Jobberman will complain about your CV... this will complain & that will complain. they will always find a way to pick point errors.

Even if you send a standard CV to jobberman, they will always find complain to give...

Good CV is cool but it's getting overrated because I know people with sub-standard CV getting jobs.
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by daveyjay(m): 7:49am On Jan 06, 2016
While lots of people are qettinq Jobs without CVs or poorly constructed CVs, ure here preachinq one rubbish qospel. In today's world it's a matter of imanmadu...
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by abumeinben(m): 8:07am On Jan 06, 2016
OP do u actually know that ur thread already suffers from good presentation? Your thread says "CV attached" is a wrong presentation, and the content of ur thread says another. cos I was already wondering how "kindly find my attached CV" is wrong a presentation.

To me, you're already part of these grads.

However, CV speaks, with good layout and no typo errors. That, of course, is if out of these thousands, they get to yours.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by JLM(f): 8:24am On Jan 06, 2016
It is a pity how shallow we reason to our own detriments. Imagine some saying a woman cannot write his CV! What a great show of retrogressive mentality.

Most comments here portray the mindset of individuals with a mentality borne out of the frustration of current circumstances. Yes people will always get jobs through referrals and "Man-know-Man". Mind you it didn't begin today. It has only gotten worse in our generation.

Despite this however, people who refuse to develop a negative mindset always brush themselves up after every rejection and they get to their zenith eventually.

Keep pointing fingers and giving different colourful excuses for your failure, while the go-getters are getting there. So someone with a trashy CV got a job right? Great, keep yours the same way and I sincerely hope it gets you your heart desire.

Please note once again that this thread is not for owners of PERFECT CVs. Just for those who feel there is a need for them to have an upgrade: a better and simple, straight forward, error free, clutter-free CV, which though not overly colourful, will be appealing and less cumbersome to the eyes of any HR personnel.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by Adeoba10(m): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2016
JLM:
A CV/Resume is what every employer sees before they set eyes on an applicant. Yet many Nigerian graduates still cannot comprehend the importance of packaging themselves to make them stand out from the crowd. The CV attached is one out of many terrible ones culled from a recruitment exercise.

1. Some graduates send CVs with misspellings of even their own names and phone numbers!
2. Some give the HR team the chore of finding where their vital personal details are such as contact details.
3. Some send CV with wrong email, some no email at all, some missing phone numbers.
4. Some send CVs with details in a tabular form.

I tell you many where not even called for interview, talk less of getting the job just because at a glance, the CV tells the kind of candidate that has applied!

Now those that managed not to misspell words, just filled their CVs with lengthy statements that the have copied from their mates, no originality, and what about other fields? Hmm Do you think you are the only candidate for the job? Their are thousands of CVs pouring in and if at a glance we do not see what we need during recruitment, we simply dump it and move to the next.

When we say get some one to write an award winning CV/Resume for you for a token, you decline and call people names, yet you keep on lamenting about how you have been sending CVs and no one has called you! Most HRM personnels of top organisations studied abroad and would not accept the poorly written garbage you send to them as CV, with error even in your name!

This is another chance for you, If you are not sure of what you have as a CV, call or whatsapp 08063611208, and have a superb CV /Resume written for you for a token 1k. There are CV formats expected from an applicant for the job of a nurse, and this is different from what an applicant for the job of an engineer is required to present.

So if you need your resume for IT, internships and Jobs written call or whatsapp 08063611208, and get a Job already, this is 2016!
If to say Chevron or Shell don give u work ni, u no go come nairaland dey beg for 1k to write CV, send me ur acct number make i help u small..
Dis one will come, 10 RULES OF WRITING CV, dat one will come COMMON MISTAKE IN COMPILING CV, DO & DONT OF CV... Maka y? Una just dey frustrate unemployed dude.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by babyfaceafrica: 8:45am On Jan 06, 2016
Lmao...love nairalanders...see aas dem bash OP...hehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by JLM(f): 8:59am On Jan 06, 2016
Adeoba10:

If to say Chevron or Shell don give u work ni, u no go come nairaland dey beg for 1k to write CV, send me ur acct number make i help u small..
Dis one will come, 10 RULES OF WRITING CV, dat one will come COMMON MISTAKE IN COMPILING CV, DO & DONT OF CV... Maka y? Una just dey frustrate unemployed dude.....

My dear nairalander if you have ever heard about "Maslows heirarchy of needs" you would know that when a person places a post about an enterprise, it does not necessarily mean the person is jobless, or poorly employed.

You would know this if you have gone beyond the point of thinking about the three basic needs of man. Sometimes there are unemployed dependants around a well employed person and rather than giving them 5k or 10k everytime they come to you, and sending them away, you look for their strong points or talents and create avenues for them to be employed.

Know that to whom much is given, much is expected. So if you are earning a million per month, and you have a family, and at least 30 unemployed from your church alone coming to you for one assistance or the other every month, you will be no different from a low income earner. If you can't find their strengths and help them to help themselves, you will only go down.

But that is when you have gotten beyond the hunger level yourself. So I understand where you are coming from.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by Dongraspo(m): 9:02am On Jan 06, 2016
https:///LifNSl... Visit the link, Res Ipsa loquitor
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by Adeoba10(m): 9:06am On Jan 06, 2016
JLM:

My dear nairalander if you have ever heard about "Maslows heirarchy of needs" you would know that when a person places a post about an enterprise, it does not necessarily mean the person is jobless, or poorly employed.

You would know this if you have gone beyond the point of thinking about the three basic needs of man. Sometimes there are unemployed dependants around a well employed person and rather than giving them 5k or 10k everytime they come to you, and sending them away, you look for their strong points or talents and create avenues for them to be employed.

Know that to whom much is given, much is expected. So if you are earning a million per month, and you have a family, and at least 30 unemployed from your church alone coming to you for 1 assistance or the other every month, you will be no different from a low income earner. If you can't find their strengths and help them to help themselves, you will only go down.

But that is when you have gotten beyond the hunger level yourself. So I understand where you are coming from.
U are ryt.... Dassol

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by lynnfeb(f): 9:07am On Jan 06, 2016
Correcter of cv, most of your english word are not correct and you talk about people misspelling.
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by Samhetalks(m): 9:09am On Jan 06, 2016
At op, wat u're doing is grt. Whoever needs it will cm to u 4 hlp.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by teelord1(m): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2016
@JLM hahahahahahhaha I like your business strategy, I'm so encouraged when I see a lady striving beyond limit. Cause the hustle is real my brother and sister but I want to point out your few mistake those you make that deterred this thread
1. Poor presentation
2. Inadequate feasibility study
3. Little or no review stategy
4. Lack of testimonials
Work on this and open another thread, slap me if they don't by your scam. Thank me later
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by JLM(f): 9:27am On Jan 06, 2016
lynnfeb:
Correcter of cv, most of your english word are not correct and you talk about people misspelling.

My dear kindly highlight "most" of my English "word" (according to you) that are wrong, and help me correct them please. That you made use of the word "most" shows that you do not even have a clue.

Let us learn to desist from giving out all these negative vibes please.
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by spinola: 9:38am On Jan 06, 2016
mercurydirect.com.ng

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by JLM(f): 9:42am On Jan 06, 2016
teelord1:
@JLM hahahahahahhaha I like your business strategy, I'm so encouraged when I see a lady striving beyond limit. Cause the hustle is real my brother and sister but I want to point out your few mistake those you make that deterred this thread
1. Poor presentation
2. Inadequate feasibility study
3. Little or no review stategy
4. Lack of testimonials
Work on this and open another thread, slap me if they don't by your scam. Thank me later

Sir, if you are a scammer by profession, then good for you. But this thread was opened based on the experience I have gathered from recruitment processes and a need to help those around me grow.
Like I have said countless times, it is not for those who are perfect CV owners, but for those who need to improve. Besides this, after a review, each person will see what has been reviewed before payment. I have a team of hardworking graduates that do great work on CVs.

Please kindly desist from derailing and running down this thread if you have no meaningful contribution to make. Thank you.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by teelord1(m): 9:52am On Jan 06, 2016
JLM:

Sir, if you are a scammer by profession, then good for you. But this thread was opened based on the experience I have gathered from recruitment processes and a need to help those around me grow.
Like I have said countless times, it is not for those who are perfect CV owners, but for those who need to improve. Besides this, after a review, each person will see what has been reviewed before payment. I have a team of hardworking graduates that do great work on CVs.

Please kindly desist from derailing and running down this thread if you have no meaningful contribution to make. Thank you.

Regards

C'mon dear why will you call me scammer sorry about the scam it was a mistake pele, Buh have I done wrong by putting you on the spot as an aspiring young lady. And moreover if I may ask how many recruitment process have you attend not to talk of experience, a fresh graduate like you. Well I don't want to go far but take it or leave it this thread is derailed already open another one with another monicker and use the strategy I gave you. You even look very familiar from Ib
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by JLM(f): 10:56am On Jan 06, 2016
teelord1:

C'mon dear why will you call me scammer sorry about the scam it was a mistake pele, Buh have I done wrong by putting you on the spot as an aspiring young lady. And moreover if I may ask how many recruitment process have you attend not to talk of experience, a fresh graduate like you. Well I don't want to go far but take it or leave it this thread is derailed already open another one with another monicker and use the strategy I gave you. You even look very familiar from Ib

Sir, I wonder where you are seeing the "familiarity" or where you got the notion that I am a fresh graduate. Perhaps you are familiar with every female in Ibadan. For the record, I was referring to recruitment processes that I have participated in as a Human Resource personnel, and not as an applicant. I also have no need to hide under any new label just to prove a point. Anyone that sees a need can either act on this thread or remain. Its not a do or die affair.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by deelabs(m): 11:13am On Jan 06, 2016
Yes, there are terrible CVs from graduates.

Register & Search for genuine Auto Parts, Service Vendors, Mechanics, Car Sales & Auction online only @

http://www.carpartsnigeria.com

Highly recommended...
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 06, 2016
Lmao...just passing by
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by teelord1(m): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
JLM:

Sir, I wonder where you are seeing the "familiarity" or where you got the notion that I am a fresh graduate. Perhaps you are familiar with every female in Ibadan. For the record, I was referring to recruitment processes that I have participated in as a Human Resource personnel, and not as an applicant. I also have no need to hide under any new label just to prove a point. Anyone that sees a need can either act on this thread or remain. Its not a do or die affair.

Regards

Have seen your face and you look quit familiar. Better still I like your judgemental opinion "its not a do or die affair".
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by Lanretoye(m): 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
Na wah oo.
Re: Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) by JLM(f): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
Parsin

(1) (Reply)

Computer Science Students Need Industrial Training Jobs / Shell Police / Afro Foods & Spices Ltd Nationwide Recruitment For Graduates In Nigeria, 15th Ju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.