Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,866 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) (8195 Views)

My 15 Minutes Agony With A Lady With Smelly Hair In A Queue / Agony After Medical School... By Dr Kene (mbbs) / Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by totoakins(m): 11:12am On Jan 06, 2016
guiltless:

did u finish from eksu?
narrh great Ife
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by bensine: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2016
Dr Ekene u have made a good point and did the right thing by bringing this hidden predicaments of prospective interns to open light. However I want to also remind us that all othr health professionals such as medical lab scientist, pharmacist, physiotherapy, medical imaging scientist and the likes are inclusive in this internship programme and as such, they are equally subject to the same stress. It is a collective struggle. But I hope our govt will look into the situation and do something abt it.

1 Like

Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by nervorum: 11:33am On Jan 06, 2016
Dr Kene.welcome.this is the sad reality that greets you when you become a doctor.
Its even worse for the non-health people.
The system is a joke, whether PDP- or APC-led

Dust your diploma and license and begin to look across the shore where though there is corruption, they are sane enough to take health care and health personnel seriously..don't believe the 'e go better gospel'
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by sammyke(m): 11:41am On Jan 06, 2016
Corruption everywhere
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by nelszx: 11:43am On Jan 06, 2016
totoakins:

HIV,stool,urine MCs,genotype etc

It still doesn't amount to 8k
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 06, 2016
some people be deceiving themselves since 1567! Let me tell you something, people divert different methods to achieve their aim. If this ones the OP stated doesnt work for them again, another method will be created! be sure of one thing in Nigeria, corruption can never be wipe off. That doesnt mean I wish Nigeria bad.

donodion:

That is where you are wrong and that's why corruption keep festeri g...' This is naija, na so we be'..huh? Who thought the high and mighty untoucheables could be exposed and be tried as is currently on going ?

Just as Obama campaign slogan " Yes WE Can"....believe, support, play your active in exposi g and cleansing the rot in our system ..we shall surely get there.

It always seem impossible, until its done- Late Nelson Mandela.
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by donodion(m): 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lizabeth25:
some people be deceiving themselves since 1567! Let me tell you something, people divert different methods to achieve their aim. If this ones the OP stated doesnt work for them again, another method will be created! be sure of one thing in Nigeria, corruption can never be wipe off. That doesnt mean I wish Nigeria bad.

Eliza, you are pessimistic and clearly do not believe WE can achieve this feat. From the first paragraph to the last you implicated your self with your negativity already.But its fine.

You will be alive and present to witness the change.

Yea it is very possible to beat corruption and corrupt tendencies as long as WE ARE WILLIN and that is no deception. Just few top actors and actresses need be caught and be made public example.Thats all it takes.
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
I am also waiting from the change! I hope it will start from where the OP made mention of. lipsrsealed

donodion:

Eliza, you are pessimistic and clearly do not believe WE can achieve this feat. From the first paragraph to the last you implicated your self with your negativity already.But its fine.

You will be alive and present to witness the change.

Yea it is very possible to beat corruption and corrupt tendencies as long as WE ARE WILLIN and that is no deception. Just few top actors and actresses need be caught and be made public example.Thats all it takes.
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by donodion(m): 12:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lizabeth25:
I am also waiting from the change! I hope it will start from where the OP made mention of. lipsrsealed

Amen!!!.
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by armadeo(m): 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
Tis what tis
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by pembisco(m): 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
nervorum:
Dr Kene.welcome.this is the sad reality that greets you when you become a doctor.
Its even worse for the non-health people.
The system is a joke, whether PDP- or APC-led

Dust your diploma and license and begin to look across the shore where though there is corruption, they are sane enough to take health care and health personnel seriously..don't believe the 'e go better gospel'
guy, which one is non health people? is there anything like that?
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by FairJustice: 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by FairJustice: 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
To think its just internship and its this dificult, if it"s now residency training nko? Resident Drs go through much worse conditions. To sum it up, Medical traning is a huge joke in this country.
https://www.nairaland.com/2754548/frustrations-resident-doctors-nigeria
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by dotmanxp(m): 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
I just thank God for my life, I was doing interview all over Nigeria risking my life with no call up. at a time for the ist time ever I bagan to think someone was actually doing me (how can 9 people be picked out of 11and I was among those left out meanwhile two pple who didn't apply before hand and came that morning was picked), some FMC even do tribalism e.g FMC lokoja imagine a federal institution. I just thank God I have successful finished my internship and will be going for service by march. the experience taught me a lot though and I met pple who are now of great blessings to me there. if u yet to do urs don't give up, God will see u tru.

2 Likes

Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by DavidEsq(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
Jckleiin:
Very true doc. a colleage had to pay 100k to get his and another gave up a month's salary....God help this nation.
Oh my God. We really need to do something about this bloody anomaly. Get these facts and address them to ICPC or EFCC, which has been very active of late. But wait a minute.....is this what informs the wickedness, ineptitude and crassness of Doctors, when they finally secure these jobs?
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by Redfruit(m): 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
totoakins:

HIV,stool,urine MCs,genotype etc
For 8k? Thats professional theft you know.......My Md in one hospital I worked after my service asked me to do HIV test for 2k, I disagreed. Its fraud, now government establishments are doing it.
Re: Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) by omogin(f): 6:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
leo1234:
This kind of write up should be at the front page of national dailies.

Our journalists will only publish this if dasuki sends them a thick brown envelope.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Passengers From UK & South Africa To Upload Their COVID-19 Results From Monday / My Body Itches Me Everytime I Have My Bath. / Plateau Governor, Simon Lalong Tests Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.