Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken (7609 Views)

Photos: Tastee Fried Chicken Names New Product After Ceo’s Son Who Died Last Yea / Photos: Tastee Fried Chicken Names New Product After Ceo’s Son Who Died Last Yea / Tastee Fried Chicken On Fire Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by nightrider: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2006
I need a lawyer to help me sue Tastee fried Chicken. On the 19th of october i parked my car right in TFC premises and went in to buy take away. 7 mins later i came out and my car was broken into. They thieves made away with 250 thousand naira. They ransacked the whole car with TFC's guards standing there.

Worst aspect was, their managment has been so unhelpful. the police arrested one of the security guards but later released him cause there wasn't enough evidence to convict him. Ther is no parked at owners risk sign and with the amount of guards they have , how come no one saw any one vandalising my car.

My car was in their possession for safe keeping and it was vandalised. I want to sue them for damages, gross negligence and any other thing my lawyer can think of. Please help me.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by nosa101(f): 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2006
It normally says "Ca[b]r[/b]s Parked At Owner's Risk"

EDIT: How come I did not see that I typed "cats"?
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by Seun(m): 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2006
Here's a tip for Tastee Friend Chicken: the car park should be under video surveliance. With the current state of technology, it should be easy to just go through the video records to see what really happened.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 25, 2006
i feel for you night rider,if it was me i wont take it likely at all.
i suppot u u should sue please. get a good lawyer,uve gat the grounds to sew. ima law student, i wish im a lawyer already.
there was no cars parked at owner's risk besides whats the need of guards there if your car could be vandalized liek that!
thats breach of the law of tort-get a good lawyer
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by donmayor(m): 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2006
Cars parked at owners risk. TFC guards are guarding TFC not your car but dat does not mean TFC should not employ video surveillance for their own security. Messed up country angry
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by naija4life(f): 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2006
Seun:

Here's a tip for Tastee Friend Chicken: the car park should be under video surveliance. With the current state of technology, it should be easy to just go through the video records to see what really happened.

@seun, didnt you read his post, he said TFC management aint coperating wit da bleeped up police. I bet its one of dem guards dat made away wit da money

BUT if i may ask, why are you driving around wit dat kinda money
angry angry lipsrsealed undecided cry
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by Radiant(f): 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2006
angry angry angry Nightrider, sorry man.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by agboifo(f): 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2006
Nightrider,
Sorry about that. For the future, it may be useful to install one of these car alarms that go "whew, whew" when someone tries to force your car.

I'll suggest you forget about sueing them. You might end up spending more money for nothing, because you know, the law "is sometimes an ass", especially in these environments. Sorry again.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by LanreDaMan(m): 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2006
Night rider sorry oooo
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by rudeboy(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2006
AGBOIFO,you are 100%right,especially,nigeria we are today,even if you SUE THEM and don't have ENOUGH CONNECTIONS for back ups, you may end up being the OFFENDER.  angry embarassed
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by popsonj(m): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2006
Sorry guy embarassed embarassed embarassed, that's not a good one, and for the fact that the car is parked in their premises, they should have full responsibility for anything that happened to the car, i think the bast you could truly do is to sue them, that's just too bad. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed,
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by popsonj(m): 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2006
Sorry guy embarassed embarassed embarassed, that's not a good one, and for the fact that the car is parked in their premises, they should have full responsibility for anything that happened to the car. I guess the best you could truly do is to sue them, That's just too bad. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed,
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by naijarikan(m): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2006
This is a basic non-liability issue (pardon me, I am not a lawyer). Tastee will not be held liable even in the event that your vehicle was stolen, damaged, or rendered useless by fire unless Tastee has possession of your keys. Ndo. embarassed
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by chidexy(m): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2006
It's a pity that your car was vandalized. But what were you doing carrying that amount of money in your car. You would have locked it in the boot - that was negligence on your part, and that's already enough to punch holes in whatever case you have.

Besides, the fact that you parked your car within their premises doesn't mean that they assumed responsibility over it's safety - whether or not there is a disclaimer notice.

Just learn your lessons from it and move on. At best buy a car with an alarm system
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by Alexos(m): 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2006
@nightrider

You better check yourself well well. Cos i know see how such an amount to disappear for your car. And besides how come the thieves knew you had such an amount on you? Are you sure they haven't taken it before u got to TFC. I would like you to answer some questions:

1. Where you alone in the car?
2. Was anyone aware that you where carrying money in your car? (Someone might be
     tracing you)
3. Did you lock your car before entering into TFC
4. Did you check to see if the money was there before going inside?

You are just wasting your time trying to sue them, it's your fault. Ypu should have known that Parking in such places is at your own risk even without the sign post there. And i don't expect the Guards to know who packed a car and the exact car he or she parked. Someone can just come along and act as if he owns the car, pick up something there and off he goes. But then thats where TFC should come in as well, they should be able to provide clips of that incident to proove how customer friendly they are. Cams r not supposed to be for inner use alone.

Look, let me advise you, just drop that case, if you think you will win, then you're joking. They will hire a very tactical lawyer and you might just end up even paying for damages. This twice before u leap.

As D'banj would say: FI LE
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by Radiant(f): 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2006
May I ask a question please?

If the car was parked in their premises, why is it not under the surveillance of the guards

Is that not supposed to be part of customer service?
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2006
Gosh!
Jah knows I don't want to know how it feels to have two hundred and fifty grand lifted off me.

But do you know that according to stratification, there is a limit to the amount of cash you can carry around? Please investigate properly before you take any rash decision

Tayo
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by tpzmil(m): 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2006
bros, y u waka wit N250K 4 Car in dis poverty infested nija? sorry 4 ur loss. 4 d rest of us, make we learn oh!
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by hammah(m): 5:50am On Oct 26, 2006
i am thinking of one to refer you to.you must sue them for that act!
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by osteen(m): 8:23am On Oct 26, 2006
I beg no sue abi u want make dem remove another CJ.

Man I feel for u but wetin man go say dan to say take heart, another set of grand go come ur way.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by dennylove(m): 8:25am On Oct 26, 2006
#250k isn't a small money,SUE THEM,let them pay for the DAMAGES,afterall,you are not parking AT YOUR OWN RISK, you only went in to buy somethings as a CUSTOMER. sad cool shocked
remember this "BUSINESS ADAGE" that says CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAY RIGHT.so you are right to sue them for the STOLEN  DOOOO. cool cool
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by gbengaijot(m): 8:43am On Oct 26, 2006
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by olaji: 9:03am On Oct 26, 2006
nightrider, sorry for this, but lawyer or no lawyer will not bring your money back because the country is corrupt, if you call lawyer, police will also be called and u know police!

please my advice is to call on media  for the whole world to know where to go,

TFC has no good customer relationship, what belong to you customer that came to spend his/her for you suppose to be taken care off. Sloga "Car packed at owner's risk" will not brand your coy well. It is the duty of reputable coy to provide safe place for customers to pack their cars, in the absence of this honest guards are to be put in place. Customers pay the salaries of all the staff and Directors.

In fact TFC lack branding in all respect

Everybody NOTE! shocked
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by bolaoni(m): 11:45am On Oct 26, 2006
Nightrider,

Pele jare my brotha. Men 250K no be yam o shocked

Me think we should embrace new culture in our country. Instead of carrying such a huge amount around town why not have it in a card.
I believe that is what ATMs are made for.

Is sueing TFC the solution? Why not get in touch with the top management and file your complaints?

if they are not willing to cooperate/sympathise with you, then you can use the media against them. Like telling them you already have something going on online and threatening to get the issue into newspapers as well.

Some form of bad publicity they will want to avoid!

If trully the guards were on watch and couldn't prevent the stealing, then something is fishy abi na chicky somewhere cool

Take heart jare kiss
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by deb(m): 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2006
I was going to say thesame thing bolaoni said.

This is a modern world, why carry such a huge amount of cash.

Naija! this is another wake up call. Embrace Value Card, ATMs and whatever
your bank provides you.

Anyway, get a good lawyer. I'm not sure if my lawyer friend
will like his phone displayed in public
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by Olulayomi(f): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2006
Hey ya, sorry my brother, I could just imagine how painful this would be for you.  Anyway take heart, but you know Nigerians and their syndrome now.  You suppose to know TFC wouldn't want to pay, unless you use some "agidi" (if u have enough).  Its better you use the media against them, at least to prove some points.  Lawyer go collect money, police forget them, nothing useful may come out of them and those  guards, na another case, they're just looking for "tips"(that is the reason for their "kurukere waka" whenever they want to show you where to pack when you go to eateries).  Tell one or two newspapers about what happened , it will spoil their image small, even if you don't get your money back.  

But, you yaself, you should have taken your money inside with you now.  Abi 250grand too much to carry (maybe na N100 dirty notes sha).

Take solace in the fact that, they didn't steal your car or take your life and hope you've learnt your lesson.  cool
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by teeroy(m): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2006
Lucky you.I'm a lawyer.0802332
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by Luchies(f): 3:19pm On Oct 26, 2006
Heeyaa!! sad Sorry about your money ooo, they probably followed you from whereever it was you got the money or maybe you could go back and confront the person that gave you the money if it was not from a bank, the person could have set you up. Really, thats the kind of thing that paints this color in a color darker than it already is at the moment. Sorry my brother. cry cry cry dont worry they just took away all the problems of 2007 from your life winkThe lawyer thing might not be that good an idea. Take care and just be a lil more careful next time.
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by Adetutu211(f): 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2006
omo in niger here its just going to be a waste of money so y they could claim that ur car wasnt packed there in the 1st place so sorry and take heart  sad sad sad
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by uche1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2006
man try and see how you can fix ur car
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by texazzpete(m): 7:29am On Oct 27, 2006
didnt u make any lawyer friends when u were in uni? My lawyer was friend i met in school and he's as bright as they come,
Re: I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken by odada(m): 8:53am On Oct 27, 2006
Nightrider!take heart my brotha,its not easy for two of ur things to be damaged in just one nite i.e ur car nd morale(Money loss) grin, though its not a joking matter,but i think u should just forget about it,sueing them will only make matters worse as u will spend more and not probably end up winning,then u will loose something again;ur self respect!b easy mate,and next time u are hungry with that kinda money at nite try a chineese or Italian restaurant,they av got really nice high-tech cams in their parking lot!cheers mate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? / Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression / Inside The Story: Foreign Direct Investment In Nigerian States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.