Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:42 AM

IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. (2537 Views)

Boko Haram Changes Killing Tactics, Kills 18 Youths With Knives / "Igbos And Yorubas Are Embarrasing Nigeria" - Verified Fulani Twitter User Says / Asiwaju Tinubu : The Limits Of Political Influence By Joseph Edgar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by EdCure: 11:40am On Jan 06, 2016
This is the first, truly sensible, igbocentric post that I've stumbled upon on Nairaland.

True to their nature, those who call themselves "true igbos" will have a good time feasting on the op will the vilest words imaginable.

3 Likes

Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by Udmaster(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2016
Mods front page tinx
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by tsdarkside(m): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
asorocker:
Who killed PDP and why was it killed

we buried them...nigeria said so...make una forget pdp...me personaly,i have nothing against a igbo president...so long its not someone like kanu,that want to kill me...
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by xtroppy: 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
tsdarkside:

we buried them...nigeria said so...make una forget pdp...me personaly,i have nothing against a igbo president...so long its not someone like kanu,that want to kill me...

Bloody hypocritical bigot, IGBOS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE PRESIDENCY TO SUCCEED OR PROGRESS. Let that fact sink fast!

"I would rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know
amounts to perversion of justice." - Nnamdi Kanu, Dec 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vYxXAQYKyX0

Hypocritical bigot, have a look at your people you should channel your silly rants to :

1. Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Former Gov. of Lagos state.
It is going to be rig and roast. We are prepared not to go to court but drive them out.
(Tell, 7 July 2014.)

2. National Coordinator of the Coalition of Northern Politicians, Dr. Junaidu Mohammed
Unless efforts are made to ensure that the 2015general election are free and fair, it may turn out tobe the last election in the history of the nation.
(Leadership March 29, 2012)

3. Dr. Junaidu Mohammed National Coordinator of the Coalition of Northern Politicians. 
there will be bloodshed. Those who feel short-changed may take the war path and the country may not be the same again 
(Reported by Kemy Oguns in Osun Defender, 2nd December, 2013)

4. Abu King Shuluwa 
Nigeria will disintegrate if Jonathan contests in 2015 
(Daily Independent Friday, March 8th ,2013)

5. Governor Shema Ibrahim of Kastina State
You should not be bordered with cockroaches of politics. Cockroaches are only found in the toilet even at homes, If you see cockroach in your house, Crush them.
(Reported by Premium Times on 19th November,2014)

6. Alhaji Lai Mohammed .Publicity Secretary of All Progressive Congress.
If the 2015 elections are rigged, the party will not recognize the outcome and will go ahead and form a parallel government. 
(Leadership 21st November, 2014; Sahara Reporters 22nd November,2014)

7. Ima Sadiq An Islamic cleric,
Muslims, vote for Buhari. It is a sin to support a non-Muslim 
(Twitter handle, Saturday, 27th December, 2014)

8. Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu
During a courtesy visit by Eze Ndigbos (Igbo traditional rulers) in all the local governments inLagos at the Oba’s palace, Mr. Akiolu reportedly said that the Igbos resident in Lagos should cast their votes for the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Akinwunmi Ambode, or perish inside the lagoon.

9. National Coordinator of the Coalition of Northern Politicians, Dr. Junaidu Mohammed
It must be a Northerner or no Nigeria…If Goodluck Jonathan wins the PDP‟s endorsement to contest the 2011 presidential election, there would be violence.
(Interview with Guardian Newspaper, 2nd November, 2010)

10. Presidential Candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, General Muhammadu Buhari
God willing, by 2015, something will happen. They either conduct a free and fair election or they go a very disgraceful way. If what happened in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked inblood.

(Reported by Lika Binniyat in Vanguard Newspaper on May 15th, 2012)

11. Shehu Sani, a Kaduna based civil rights activist.
President Goodluck Jonathan should not contemplate contesting the 2011 presidential election. Any attempt by him to contest amounts to incitement and a recipe for political instability.
(www.nigerianbestforum.com./shehu- sani-warns- jonathan-against- contesting)
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by Abagworo(m): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
Udmaster:
Since 1999 that Democracy was launched in Nigeria, I can confidently say that Igbos have not calculated the political tactics in this complex Nigeria very well due to the Greediness and Selfishness of Some PDP Igbo Chieftains.
- What Have PDP done for the South East in the past 16yrs?
but these selfish PDP Igbo chieftains keep rigging election and inflating results for PDP in the South East at the expense of our own APGA PARTY.
- Taking a look at the Yorubas, they produced a President under PDP from 1999-2007 but yet supported Tinubu in building up their indigenous AD (changed to AC) Party, they use the AC and merged it with ANPP in forming APC and today, They are occupying the Vice President Seat.
THATS WHAT YOU CALL POLITICAL SHREWDNESS.
- We the IGBOS have been in PDP for 16yrs yet we did not produce a President nor Vice President under it, to add salt to injury, PDP have zoned 2019 to the North(a zone which voted against it in 2015). THATS A BIG INSULT. Even Nnamdi Azikiwe will shaking his head wherever he is now at our "david moyes" political tactics for the past 16yrs.

- My Beloved IGBOS, Let us go and build up our APGA PARTY and merge it with other interest affilates inorder for it to be a Strong National Party..
Let Us Also Support Our Igbo Men in APC and stop this insults on them like the (okoroawusa jibe).
- PDP is DEAD and Will Be Given A Befitting Burial in 2019 Let it not be that The Great Igbos will be the only mouners for it in 2019.
- GOD Bless The IGBO NATION thanks.

This has always been my view about politics. Okorocha would have been VP today if not for lack of wisdom on the part of Igbo political godfathers. I see APC ruling for a long time.
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by sammyj: 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
"What Have PDP done for the South East in the past 16yrs?" CAPITAL nothing !!!! cheesy grin shocked grin grin
Udmaster:
Since 1999 that Democracy was launched in Nigeria, I can confidently say that Igbos have not calculated the political tactics in this complex Nigeria very well due to the Greediness and Selfishness of Some PDP Igbo Chieftains.
- What Have PDP done for the South East in the past 16yrs?
but these selfish PDP Igbo chieftains keep rigging election and inflating results for PDP in the South East at the expense of our own APGA PARTY.
- Taking a look at the Yorubas, they produced a President under PDP from 1999-2007 but yet supported Tinubu in building up their indigenous AD (changed to AC) Party, they use the AC and merged it with ANPP in forming APC and today, They are occupying the Vice President Seat.
THATS WHAT YOU CALL POLITICAL SHREWDNESS.
- We the IGBOS have been in PDP for 16yrs yet we did not produce a President nor Vice President under it, to add salt to injury, PDP have zoned 2019 to the North(a zone which voted against it in 2015). THATS A BIG INSULT. Even Nnamdi Azikiwe will shaking his head wherever he is now at our "david moyes" political tactics for the past 16yrs.

- My Beloved IGBOS, Let us go and build up our APGA PARTY and merge it with other interest affilates inorder for it to be a Strong National Party..
Let Us Also Support Our Igbo Men in APC and stop this insults on them like the (okoroawusa jibe).
- PDP is DEAD and Will Be Given A Befitting Burial in 2019 Let it not be that The Great Igbos will be the only mouners for it in 2019.
- GOD Bless The IGBO NATION thanks.
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
Politics is not always about calculations

Sometimes it is about convictions

Ridiculous calculation is why we ended up with a tried and tested tyrant
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by tsdarkside(m): 2:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
xtroppy:

Bloody hypocritical bigot, IGBOS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE PRESIDENCY TO SUCCEED OR PROGRESS. Let that fact sink fast!

"I would rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know
amounts to perversion of justice." - Nnamdi Kanu, Dec 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vYxXAQYKyX0

Hypocritical bigot, have a look at your people you should channel your silly rants to :

1. Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Former Gov. of Lagos state.
It is going to be rig and roast. We are prepared not to go to court but drive them out.
(Tell, 7 July 2014.)

2. National Coordinator of the Coalition of Northern Politicians, Dr. Junaidu Mohammed
Unless efforts are made to ensure that the 2015general election are free and fair, it may turn out tobe the last election in the history of the nation.
(Leadership March 29, 2012)

3. Dr. Junaidu Mohammed National Coordinator of the Coalition of Northern Politicians. 
there will be bloodshed. Those who feel short-changed may take the war path and the country may not be the same again 
(Reported by Kemy Oguns in Osun Defender, 2nd December, 2013)

4. Abu King Shuluwa 
Nigeria will disintegrate if Jonathan contests in 2015 
(Daily Independent Friday, March 8th ,2013)

5. Governor Shema Ibrahim of Kastina State
You should not be bordered with cockroaches of politics. Cockroaches are only found in the toilet even at homes, If you see cockroach in your house, Crush them.
(Reported by Premium Times on 19th November,2014)

6. Alhaji Lai Mohammed .Publicity Secretary of All Progressive Congress.
If the 2015 elections are rigged, the party will not recognize the outcome and will go ahead and form a parallel government. 
(Leadership 21st November, 2014; Sahara Reporters 22nd November,2014)

7. Ima Sadiq An Islamic cleric,
Muslims, vote for Buhari. It is a sin to support a non-Muslim 
(Twitter handle, Saturday, 27th December, 2014)

8. Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu
During a courtesy visit by Eze Ndigbos (Igbo traditional rulers) in all the local governments inLagos at the Oba’s palace, Mr. Akiolu reportedly said that the Igbos resident in Lagos should cast their votes for the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Akinwunmi Ambode, or perish inside the lagoon.

9. National Coordinator of the Coalition of Northern Politicians, Dr. Junaidu Mohammed
It must be a Northerner or no Nigeria…If Goodluck Jonathan wins the PDP‟s endorsement to contest the 2011 presidential election, there would be violence.
(Interview with Guardian Newspaper, 2nd November, 2010)

10. Presidential Candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, General Muhammadu Buhari
God willing, by 2015, something will happen. They either conduct a free and fair election or they go a very disgraceful way. If what happened in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked inblood.

(Reported by Lika Binniyat in Vanguard Newspaper on May 15th, 2012)

11. Shehu Sani, a Kaduna based civil rights activist.
President Goodluck Jonathan should not contemplate contesting the 2011 presidential election. Any attempt by him to contest amounts to incitement and a recipe for political instability.
(www.nigerianbestforum.com./shehu- sani-warns- jonathan-against- contesting)

You are not getting even 1m2 of nigeria...stvpid minds like you,should make una self ready to migrate to cameroon,because thats were your Biafra is...

You are on benin empire soil....se is benin empie soil.. sooooii,,,swav.
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by Abagworo(m): 2:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
krendo:
Politics is not always about calculations

Sometimes it is about convictions

Ridiculous calculation is why we ended up with a tried and tested tyrant

If you must be sincere Buhari is 1million times better than useless Jonathan. Nigeria is lucky Jonathan lost that election.
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by cheruv: 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
tsdarkside:

You are not getting even 1m2 of nigeria...stvpid minds like you,should make una self ready to migrate to cameroon,because thats were your Biafra is...

You are one benin empire soil....se is benin empie soil.. sooooii,,,swav.
Benin empire ko,Idu kingdom ni
The ancestor of the Benin obas came from Nri...so its time the kings at idu started paying homage to the one who sits on the throne of Eri
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by tsdarkside(m): 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
cheruv:

Benin empire ko,Idu kingdom ni
The ancestor of the Benin obas came from Nri...so its time the kings at idu started paying homage to the one who sits on the throne of Eri

I dont know about that...only thing i know is the ol sw,ss,se is bini empire..then in the north songhai empire...
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by cheruv: 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
tsdarkside:

I dont know about that...only thing i know is the ol sw,ss,se is bini empire..then in the north songhai empire...
gringringringrin
Bro sagamit nu nke a o gāsi na I bu a fukktard gringrin

As for the highlight, read this link
https://www.nairaland.com/1975320/ancient-igbo-rule-over-parts
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by allcomage: 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
Udmaster:
I understand where you are coming from BUT A Tribe occupying President/Vice position will help in representing their interest well inorder to avoid the marginalization issue and it attracts political respect.
IT'S FEEL GOOD IMPRESSION,FROM MY OBSERVATIONS IGBO ARE FAR BETTER THAN OTHER TRIBES THAT HAVE PRODUCED THE PRESIDENTS.AVERAGELY IGBO ARE ATOP OF TRIBE WITH HIGHEST STANDARDS OF LIVING IN NIGERIA,CARS,GOOD HOUSES,DSTV,SCHOOLS,FASHION,GOOD HEALTH ETC.
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Abagworo:

If you must be sincere Buhari is 1million times better than useless Jonathan. Nigeria is lucky Jonathan lost that election.

Based on what?

How are you assessing them?

I believe is imperfect progress, slow and steady while strengthening institutions

Than engaging in short cut solutions which does nothing but undermine due process and drag us back by 30 years

1 Like

Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by tsdarkside(m): 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
cheruv:

gringringringrin
Bro sagamit nu nke a o gāsi na I bu a fukktard gringrin

As for the highlight, read this link

yehhhh....open yout teeth!!!..it only means that igbo is bini empire too.....igbos ruled bini empire.....geit it??... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

you are cutting your own flesh!!!....youuuuu sadist..!!!!!
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by xtrorp: 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
tsdarkside:

You are on benin empire soil....se is benin empie soil.. sooooii,,,swav.

Deluded neanderthal savage of dirt and slavery, the Bini empire reign of terror was in the pre-colonial era.
And in this age Bini empire is a spent force already and the reign of terror, subjugation and expansionist tendencies cannot exceed your bedroom. 

However, confused cretins shall continue to whine, weep, wail, yell, curse and gnash their teeth with thick mucous dripping down their smelly noses as if their life sustenance is being deprived them just at the mere mention of Biaf...
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by Olabestonic001(m): 11:43am On Jan 07, 2016
xtroppy:

If you don't believe my earlier comment then somebody is definitely not being sincere and honest.

Strange bedfellows, with irreconcilable value systems that are at best suitable for the individual selves, are not meant to be together! The 102 years of existence is a testament to that fact.

For over 45 years after the fratricidal war the powers that be rejected every opportunity for restructuring the fraudulent system.

You are empowered to share my crude oil and wealth as 'One Nigeria' but I am considered a migrant to your State whom you're just accommodating and may perish in the lagoon at your command.
You're licensed to use foul means to destroy my business in your State with outrageous taxes and close my business premises at will while your elites continue to shout 'One Nigeria' to cover up the evils and injustices prevalent in the land. And you still expect me to be docile and continue to suffer silently as your hate and envy for my progress soar high.

"Freedom seekers seek freedom until achieved. They don't allow others define them to suit their interest and narratives, or permit the oppressors and abusers of human rights to teach them, the oppressed what human rights are. Once beaten twice shy, they say..."

In all honesty, I believe you are entitled to those submissions of yours. Me and my generation have NEVER shared your oil money man. I know you have a misgiving towards Nigeria just like most Nigerian Youths either from SS,SE,SW,NC,NE or NW. There's anomaly in the land but my grouse is that rather than build bridges, combine, harness and fight the political elites, we are all busy trading blames, tribalizing sensitive issues, doing stuffs that will always make those same guys who are Beasts of No Tribe to triumph over our collective agitations. Cant we for a moment just take responsibilities for all these mess? Must we always trade blames? Cant we rise beyond that sense of an Utopian society political sponsored individuals like OPC, MASSOB, MEND, ND Militants, IPOB, BZM, BIM, Boko Haram preaches?
Lets tell ourselves the blank truth: the former generations of our societies (knowingly or unknowingly) destroyed our generation and the best way to repair it are:
(a) We must accept the former generation err.
(a) We must accept that crimes are committed by Beasts of No Tribes that must be prosecuted.
(c) We must trade solutions rather than blaming.
(d) We must see that injury to one is injury to all.
(e) We must collectively damn those peddling Tribalism and hate speeches no matter who they are. Even if my parents wants me to hate anyone, I simply tell them no. Though, a while ago I acted foolishly by seeing myself as Tribesman first before I see myself as human being, I must say, I felt ashamed of myself on such. Now, I just pick the good the former guys said or did and throw away their folly. In all reality, No society or person ever prosper in blaming others or hates: a society only prosper when issues and not personalities or tribes are addressed.
(f) Let I and you preach for the restructuring of this tribe to True Federalism. As we give allegations about how one tribe or the other is maginalizing us on this forum, some Beast of No Tribes in the NASS are busy budgeting our Commonwealth in the tune of N4.6bn for purchase of a phantom committee allowance and when the president tried to blink an eye, he was shut down. Such our enemies, they are from the 36 states of the federation. Lets first of all channel our grievances to them. As they become more accountable, we can then move to the final route of restructuring our country. When two trees fall on each other, the uppermost must first be eliminated and that uppermost is holding those political leaders immediate to us ACCOUNTABLE.
The second is restructuring!
Re: IGBOS And The Miscalculation Of Political Tactics. by xtrorx: 1:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
Olabestonic001:

In all honesty, I believe you are entitled to those submissions of yours. [size=14pt]Me and my generation have NEVER shared your oil money man.[/size] I know you have a misgiving towards Nigeria just like most Nigerian Youths either from SS,SE,SW,NC,NE or NW. There's anomaly in the land but my grouse is that rather than build bridges, combine, harness and fight the political elites, we are all busy trading blames, tribalizing sensitive issues, doing stuffs that will always make those same guys who are Beasts of No Tribe to triumph over our collective agitations. Cant we for a moment just take responsibilities for all these mess? Must we always trade blames? Cant we rise beyond that sense of an Utopian society political sponsored individuals like OPC, MASSOB, MEND, ND Militants, IPOB, BZM, BIM, Boko Haram preaches?
Lets tell ourselves the blank truth: the former generations of our societies (knowingly or unknowingly) destroyed our generation and the best way to repair it are:
(a) We must accept the former generation err.
(a) We must accept that crimes are committed by Beasts of No Tribes that must be prosecuted.
(c) We must trade solutions rather than blaming.
(d) We must see that injury to one is injury to all.
(e) We must collectively damn those peddling Tribalism and hate speeches no matter who they are. Even if my parents wants me to hate anyone, I simply tell them no. Though, a while ago I acted foolishly by seeing myself as Tribesman first before I see myself as human being, I must say, I felt ashamed of myself on such. Now, I just pick the good the former guys said or did and throw away their folly. In all reality, No society or person ever prosper in blaming others or hates: a society only prosper when issues and not personalities or tribes are addressed.
(f) Let I and you preach for the restructuring of this tribe to True Federalism. As we give allegations about how one tribe or the other is maginalizing us on this forum, some Beast of No Tribes in the NASS are busy budgeting our Commonwealth in the tune of N4.6bn for purchase of a phantom committee allowance and when the president tried to blink an eye, he was shut down. Such our enemies, they are from the 36 states of the federation. Lets first of all channel our grievances to them. As they become more accountable, we can then move to the final route of restructuring our country. When two trees fall on each other, the uppermost must first be eliminated and that uppermost is holding those political leaders immediate to us ACCOUNTABLE.
The second is restructuring!

Your talk maybe laden with seeking peace but to aver that you and your generation have NEVER shared my crude oil money is playing to the gallery and simply being economical with the truth.

As a Yoruba man, every month your 6 States in the federation queue up to receive federal allocations. And as far as these your States are dependent on the dole outs from Abuja you, your parents, cousins, uncles or distant relations are equally beneficiary to the free allocations. Note that the source of the federal government revenue is majorly petro-dollars.

Now for your line of thought, check the various comments on NL emanating from your kinsmen. You can hardly find a handful of their comments not filled with hate, bitterness, curse and evil.
Take a look at this page: https://www.nairaland.com/2846885/tears-lagos-demolishes-oshodi-market
and see how your kinsmen revelled that a government in SW demolished shops belonging to mostly Igbo traders in an odd moment.

Freedom seekers seek freedom until it's achieved. They don't allow others define them to suit their interest and narratives, or permit the oppressors and abusers of human rights to teach them, the oppressed what human rights are. Once beaten twice shy, they say.

(1) (2) (Reply)

419!!! China Just Scammed Nigeria And Buhari Had No Idea (A Must Read ) / International Protest For Enugu Fulani Attack, But None For ND Attacks / Arms Scam: Probe Dambazau, Buratai, Ex-military Officers Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.