Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. (4203 Views)

Hot Girls Improve Your Understanding Of Interesting Facts (18+ Pics) / Some Interesting Facts About Famous Logos / Social Media: Some Interesting Facts You Probably Dont Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 10:31am On Jan 06, 2016
We don't leave home without our mobile phones, but how much do we actually know about our portable telephonic devices and their fascinating history?

http://mashable.com/2011/08/02/mobile-phone-facts/#KBW.E46rdkqK

http://www.spinfold.com/25-amazing-facts-about-mobile-phones/

1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 10:32am On Jan 06, 2016
1. The world's first mobile phone call was made in 1973 by Motorola employee Martin Cooper from the streets of New York City.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 06, 2016
*sits down like a king....grab my red wine....sips it*

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 10:35am On Jan 06, 2016
2. The world's first smartphone debuted in 1993 at Florida's Wireless World Conference. Launched by BellSouth Cellular and "weighing in at a little more than a pound," it was a phone-come-PDA with an early LCD touchscreen display. The press release from the launch describes the new handset: "Designed by IBM, Simon looks and acts like a cellular phone but offers much more than voice communications. In fact, users can employ Simon as a wireless machine, a pager, an electronic mail device, a calendar, an appointment schedular, an address book, a calculator and a pen-based sketchpad all at the suggested retail price of $899."

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by killzone(m): 10:35am On Jan 06, 2016
The other facts nko
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 06, 2016
i'm always learning alot from you.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 06, 2016
Keep it coming
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by augster(m): 10:43am On Jan 06, 2016
Explorers baba keep doing ya thing
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 10:44am On Jan 06, 2016
3. There are various theories about who invented the text message. Short, text-based messaging was developed in a range of telecommunications systems toward the end of the 20th century, but the man credited with creating the SMS the mobile phone's short message service is German Friedhelm Hillebrand. Working for the GSM group, Hillebrand came up with the concept of a 128-byte text message to be sent via the existing mobile phone network. The message's shortness was an obvious parameter due to the size limit, but the exact 160 character limitation was a curious creation of Hillebrand's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by SPDAZZY(f): 10:47am On Jan 06, 2016
Loving this. We'll done Explorers
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 10:56am On Jan 06, 2016
4. The world's most popular/best selling phone is the Nokia 1100, a basic GSM candybar launched in 2003. Over 250 million 1100s have been sold. Nokia's 3210 and 3310 also made the top five, while the last slot belongs to the iconic Motorola RAZR.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 06, 2016
Explorers:
2. The world's first smartphone debuted in 1993 at Florida's Wireless World Conference. Launched by BellSouth Cellular and "weighing in at a little more than a pound," it was a phone-come-PDA with an early LCD touchscreen display. The press release from the launch describes the new handset: "Designed by IBM, Simon looks and acts like a cellular phone but offers much more than voice communications. In fact, users can employ Simon as a wireless machine, a pager, an electronic mail device, a calendar, an appointment schedular, an address book, a calculator and a pen-based sketchpad all at the suggested retail price of $899."
900 dolls for dis thing lol grin
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Toyolad(m): 11:24am On Jan 06, 2016
Explorers:
4. The world's most popular/best selling phone is the Nokia 1100, a basic GSM candybar launched in 2003. Over 250 million 1100s have been sold. Nokia's 3210 and 3310 also made the top five, while the last slot belongs to the iconic Motorola RAZR.
I remember my mom used this phone, I would 'steal' the phone and hide under my bed to play those craz.ily nice games on it..that shooting game especially,#forgotten the name tho..lol
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by kllinxman(m): 11:24am On Jan 06, 2016
Tel us more on early stage of LCD nd keypad.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Aspiregreat: 11:26am On Jan 06, 2016
interesting
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Aspiregreat: 11:28am On Jan 06, 2016
Toyolad:
I remember my mom used this phone, I would 'steal' the phone and hide under my bed to play those craz.ily nice games on it..that shooting game especially,#forgotten the name tho..lol

shooting game...
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Exjoker(m): 11:29am On Jan 06, 2016
Spread mat and wait...
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 11:40am On Jan 06, 2016
5. $4000 is the cost of first mobile phone in US, in 1983.

6. In 2012 Apple sold more than 340,000 iPhones per day, which is around 4 per second.

7. Mobile phones have 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles.

8. 90% of mobile phones in Japan are waterproof because ladies are fun of taking their phones to shower and pools.

9. Insomnia, confusion and headaches are caused due to mobile phone radiation. Experts have identified ringxiety, nomophobia, telephonophobia and frigensophobia as conditions that can effect people.

10. 70% of mobile phones are manufactured in China.

11. Around 80% of the world’s population has a mobile phone.

12. Mobile phone industry is the fastest growing industry in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 11:44am On Jan 06, 2016
13. In U.S., the mobile phone towers and antennas are often disguised. Engineers have developed ways to install the equipment into telephone poles, clock faces, church roofs and even in signs. Even mobile phone tower is often disguised as plastic trees.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 11:48am On Jan 06, 2016
14. According to Guinness World Records, Sonim XP3300 Force is recognized as the world's toughest phone. It survived an 84ft drop without any operational damage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by ichommy(m): 11:48am On Jan 06, 2016
*Following* grab Popcorn and Orijin

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by dacuteguy(m): 11:49am On Jan 06, 2016
Toyolad:
space impact

5 Likes

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by ichommy(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2016
Toyolad:

Space Impact & Snake my Score on space Impact no be here den. grin U re spot on Brother.

2 Likes

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 06, 2016
Explorers:
14. According to Guinness World Records, Sonim XP3300 Force is recognized as the world's toughest phone. It survived an 84ft drop without any operational damage.

I've had it with all this fancy phones, this is my next phone
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by ichommy(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2016
Spread
Exjoker:
Pread mat and wait...
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
15. Where's my cell phone? do you shout like this when you can't find your phone. Then my friend you're having Nomophobia.

16. On an average a person unlocks his lock screen 10 times a day.

17. More than 100,000 mobile phones are dropped in the toilet at Britain every year.

18. Apple's iPhone has high sale than each and every product offered by Microsoft.

19. The most expensive number sold was cell phone number 666-6666, auctioned off for charity in Qatar. It sold for a dizzy $2.7 million, far and away surpassing the previous record holder. The Chinese number 8888-8888 sold for $280,000.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
British jeweler Stuart Hughes lays claim to creating the world's most expensive mobile phone. The iPhone 4" Diamond Rose"edition boasts a price tag of £5 million, which currently translates to $8,184,968.42. For that astonishing sum, the purchaser gets 500 individual flawless diamonds totaling over 100 carats, a rose gold Apple logo with 53 diamonds, and a single cut 7.4-carat pink diamond on the home button.

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by kingsilly(m): 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
Following
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by olite93(m): 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Toyolad:
space impact

2 Likes

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by donjazet(m): 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
OP at it again!! The only sensible person on nairaland wink
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by yunglivochi(m): 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
cool grin EXPLORERS baba na u oooo after u na still uuu u r always educating moi

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Syllabus Pdf Download For (english, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Art) 2018/20 / Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. / Human P£nis Cooked Like Meat In Soup Gets Exposed – Do Not Eat This! Eat That!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.