Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,987 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. (4200 Views)

Hot Girls Improve Your Understanding Of Interesting Facts (18+ Pics) / Some Interesting Facts About Famous Logos / Social Media: Some Interesting Facts You Probably Dont Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by donjazet(m): 1:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
Explorers:
2. The world's first smartphone debuted in 1993 at Florida's Wireless World Conference. Launched by BellSouth Cellular and "weighing in at a little more than a pound," it was a phone-come-PDA with an early LCD touchscreen display. The press release from the launch describes the new handset: "Designed by IBM, Simon looks and acts like a cellular phone but offers much more than voice communications. In fact, users can employ Simon as a wireless machine, a pager, an electronic mail device, a calendar, an appointment schedular, an address book, a calculator and a pen-based sketchpad all at the suggested retail price of $899."

EXPLORERS!! Nice one, but its 1983 not 1993. Pls correct it to avoid misinformation. wink wink
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Aviero: 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
Explorers:
4. The world's most popular/best selling phone is the Nokia 1100, a basic GSM candybar launched in 2003. Over 250 million 1100s have been sold. Nokia's 3210 and 3310 also made the top five, while the last slot belongs to the iconic Motorola RAZR.
Ahh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Donkaz(m): 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
Now this is what I like reading about not some shi.t about Don jazzy and his cohorts
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Exjoker(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
ichommy:
Spread
My bad! Na auto-correct wahala
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
donjazet:

EXPLORERS!! Nice one, but its 1983 not 1993. Pls correct it to avoid misinformation. wink wink

Thanks, but both sources says 1993 if you check my first post.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2016

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
23. Research has shown that mobile phone users are at 2.5 times risk of brain tumors caused by phone radiation.

About 60% of the radiation emitted by a typical cell phone will be absorbed by the user's head.

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by kennyman2000(m): 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nice one..
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
24. In Africa, people have access to mobile than clean drinking water.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
25. On an average, Smartphone user checks their phones over 110 times a day and spent 37 hours (even more than that) per month on installed apps. Although it seems waste of time but, if it comes to the academic progress, smartphone users are three time more likely to track their academic progress and some what smarter as compare to others as they can study on the go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
26. More than 50% of world population has access to 3G internet connection, most of this used via Smartphones.

In the year 2000, the entire world population generated 1 Exabyte (1 billion Gigabyte) of data on internet, while in 2013 mobile phones generated 18 Exabytes of internet data. With advent 4G, this would reach 15 Exabytes per month in 2018.
50% of teens having smartphones surf web and social networking through their Smartphones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Explorers(m): 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
27. Shopping and trading are now more common with Smartphones as 88% of Smartphone users expressed that they are more spontaneous with buying due to their Smartphones. In year 2013, $$27 billion of mobile payment was processed by PayPal. In recent year, the mobile commerce paymentis expected to reach $114 billion.

http://www.crizmo.com/10-surprising-facts-about-smartphones-you-didnt-know.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Funjosh(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
Explorers:
4. The world's most popular/best selling phone is the Nokia 1100, a basic GSM candybar launched in 2003. Over 250 million 1100s have been sold. Nokia's 3210 and 3310 also made the top five, while the last slot belongs to the iconic Motorola RAZR.

Nokia 1100 my first love, I so much love the phone though she left me in a horrible way because in 2005 I was beating blue black green by four hefty guys the day she left me sad

Nokia 1100 my first mobile phone and first love I will always remember you sad sad
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Funjosh(m): 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
Toyolad:
I remember my mom used this phone, I would 'steal' the phone and hide under my bed to play those craz.ily nice games on it..that shooting game especially,#forgotten the name tho..lol

Space Impact cheesy grin
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Funjosh(m): 6:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
Explorers:
14. According to Guinness World Records, Sonim XP3300 Force is recognized as the world's toughest phone. It survived an 84ft drop without any operational damage.

This is what we call ojabo kofo omo na bancing grin
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Funjosh(m): 6:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
Explorers:
23. Research has shown that mobile phone users are at 2.5 times risk of brain tumors caused by phone radiation.

About 60% of the radiation emitted by a typical cell phone will be absorbed by the user's head.

Ho! And this lipsrsealed
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Prodigee: 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Funjosh:

Nokia 1100 my first love, I so much love the phone though she left me in a horrible way because in 2005 I was beating blue black green by four hefty guys the day she left me sad

Nokia 1100 my first mobile phone and first love I will always remember you sad sad
Oga wetin u do wey 4 hefty guys pounce on u? undecided
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by Funjosh(m): 7:07am On Jan 08, 2016
Prodigee:
Oga wetin u do wey 4 hefty guys pounce on u? undecided

bros nothing o sad was just unlucky that i walked crossed their path in school then sad
Re: Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. by geibuzolin1984: 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2023
With the advent of technology, mobile phones have become an integral part of our lives. But how do these devices work, and how can we make the most out of them? To answer these questions, check out this article from Critique Corner: critiquecorner_42web_io/?p=134. The article explains the different types of mobile phones available, their features, and how they can be used in different scenarios. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, this article will give you the information you need to know about mobile phones..

The article explains the different types of mobile phones available, their features, and how they can be used in different scenarios. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, this article will give you the information you need to know about mobile phones..

Whether you are a beginner or an expert, this article will give you the information you need to know about mobile phones..

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why I Decided To Study In Cotonou Benin Republic / Mapoly Post Utme And Registration / Be Cautious Of Student Pastors! (life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.