Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise (31880 Views)

Apply For Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) Graduate Trainees Programme 2018 / How A Company Put Me Through An Annoying Recruiting Process Just For Their Job / Beware Of Fake Foreign Agencies That Promise Work Abroad. Disturbing Photos/Vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by holyokoto(m): 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
we don hia
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Chanchit: 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
He should apply na, but he should just bear in mind that he was not promised an automatic employment.
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by witorwitoutyou(m): 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
...dey dere dey wait

Wa pe to ope,wa so boya baba e lo ni GTBank(inolamide's voice)
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by BTT(m): 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
oOh boy!
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Pascal181: 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
GT-Bank is nt buhari who promised one thing and is doing another thing. Calm down dear...
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by judedwriter(m): 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
Simple grammar-they said "apply."
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by siegfried99(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
What a dull boy.. I don't seem to find where he was promised any job.. he was only told to finish studies and apply... how does that interpret we will give u job? undecided

Yet some people are in support of the guy?

Hian undecided
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by adollyboy(m): 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
Anyone that know the guy should tell him to keep shut or else I will personally institute a legal action on behalf of GTB against him.simple sentence that he cannot comprehend.
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by dominique(f): 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
This is probably the reason why he did not face his studies to get better grades, he must have thought a bank job was waiting for him once he graduates. If only he could comprehend simple English, he would have seen that he was never promised a job in the first place. This twitter generation of graduatres are just an embarrassment to graduates to say the least.

1 Like

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by bodepeters(m): 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
It is clear,it is not a promise,he was only advised to apply,not promising him a job.
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by DICKtator: 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lmao!!!

GTBank doesn't know the difference between advice and advise.

The GTbank tweeter should be sacked!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by DICKtator: 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
dominique:
This is probably the reason why he did not face his studies to get better grades, he must have thought a bank job was waiting for him once he graduates. If only he could comprehend simple English, he would have seen that he was never promised a job in the first place. This twitter generation of graduatres are just an embarrassment to graduates to say the least.

How do you mean?

Even GTBank cannot differentiate between advice and advise!!!

Cunny man die, na cunny man bury am so leave matter for Mathias!! !!

grin grin grin grin
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by sunnyflakes(m): 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
job hunting in Nigeria is almost entirely a scam. Most of the successfully employed once didn't get their jobs on merit of their performance at the aptitude test and interview afterwards. But on the merit of the persons who recommended them. May God rescue Nigeria.
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by chiefobdk(m): 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
cramjones:
Mr man abeg leave trash for lawma!
-CramJones

dem say na u be ffk. efcc don leave u?

one mu..mu Don rush open thread say u Don dey sing already
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by ojnnaco(m): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
People are becoming dull on daily basis...
Pls where is the promise ? he was on ask to finish his studies and then apply with them,does that translates to a promise?? Goooosh ..
Nigeria wise up
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Akiika: 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Who will employ he who doesn't understand the difference between "apply for a job" and "offer a job".
And to all of the twitter emotional blackmailers, ....gerrarahere!
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by linearity: 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
niggi4life:
The guy is so dumb, no wonder he finished with a 3rd class becos I can't see where he was promised a job, he was only advised to visit the career page on the site to drop his c.v, which am sure they must have told thousands of graduates too.

I don't think the guy is dumb or that he didn't understand the difference between 'apply for job upon graduation' and 'promise for a job upon graduation'.

The guy must have been looking for job with no luck or have seen the bleak prospects out there and he is now been forced to grap low hanging fruits, he is just been desperate and you never know, he might just shame GTbank into giving him a job.

He should be commended, it is okay to do anything legal to get a job, even stretching people's utterances or abscribing new meanings to what people had said in the past, it is sorely up to GTbank to see if they will reward this guys desperation.
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Funjosh(m): 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
Jarus:
1, I like corporate organizations that engage in personalized interactions with people (customers, etc). GTB is doing a good job of this, as I also once resolved an issue with GTB via twitter.

2, The guy made a bold move. And I like GTB's response too. However, that is how far GTB can go. He still has to go through the process like every other person. If he doesn't meet their recruitment criteria or doesn't pass their tests/interview, this may not help much.

3, The person in charge of GTB twitter is likely a young, lower level officer who likely doesn't have the power to hire.

Boss I give it to GTB social media crew, the persons behind their twitter handle is doibg a very good job and I think Stanbic IBTC guys also I love their swift response cool

1 Like

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by E383: 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
CoCoLav:
He wasn't promised a job

CoCoLav or ghost?? shocked
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by dahmie2013: 6:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
How creative!
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by talkout1: 6:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
You never forget that one? You go wait till eternity ooo

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by annibro(f): 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lols..now ds got me really cracking as in ......."Strong 3rd class"
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by annibro(f): 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
CoCoLav:
He wasn't promised a job

If at all he was promised, the 3rd class is discouraging & enough 2 halt d process

1 Like

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by CoCoLav(f): 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
E383:

CoCoLav or ghost?? shocked

You guys, I'm not ghost lady for real.

Davide470 come and bail me out o

Ferdy has started
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by abimbawealth(f): 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
I can't see where GTB promised him a job...they only stated the obvious(what we know already), apply...then, u may be successful
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by 4lorunsho(m): 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
expertman:
Haaaaaa why is he sounding like a superstar he wasn't promised any job here they only told him to apply.

There is more to the story am sure he only ask them how he can apply for a job .

In response to his question he was given step by step instructions on how to apply and not that he was guaranteed of any placement.

Tobi I will advice you to start a small scale business just as I started some years back after tired of labour market.

Today I own a house and car of my own.

Start some where and leave GTB Alone.

As you have no connection to their board of trustees.

I wish you well in life.

Enjoy
how did u start small ;am just a Nysc human being now relocated to benue from adamawa
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Done crying over the 12yr old shot by Fulani Herdsmen.. Thanks to this.. Lol...
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Onyejemechimere(m): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Vic74real: 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
U guys need to understand English. He wasn't given a job offer. He was only advised to apply at the due time when he is done wt his studies like everyone one does. Let's not get too emotional
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by solidman59(m): 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
That is not a job promise, it says he should apply. I wonder why the guy didn't understand this. No wonder he got a third class.
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
Which one be strong 3rd class?
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by amparas(m): 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
Is this suppose to b a promise? Smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unemployed Graduate Returns N556k He Picked At Accident Scene 2 Owner (Photos) / Ekiti State Governemnt Announces Employment Into The State's Civil Service / I Just Got A Job From Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.