Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. - Jokes Etc (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. (31145 Views)

See How This Lady Lost A Job Interview Even Before Attending It / How I Lost One Million Naira In A Twinkle Of An Eye / I Am The Undisputed Most Beautiful & Sexiest Girl In Romanceland (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
Idowuh:

o boi. na oyo u dey o

weedseller, o boy oo. this ur name na die cheesy cheesy .... no carry this one go interview go tell them na moniker because me i no dey o grin grin
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by gozmos(m): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
chioooo....mr lynus cyprain ibekwe grin grin
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by marqueetim(m): 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
omo dis is the funniest post of the year. Almost laughed myself off.
cc ednut1 ElDeeVee Myrao
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by deedat205(m): 2:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
I have to be honest with you. All the posts on your profile really call for concern, itz obvious you are a bad dude. Don't blame the company. Change is the keyword

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by oshdam2015: 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
This one is a serious case o..... I couldn't help but laughed out loud.

That's a lesson useful for another time and place.
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Vikky014(f): 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
stupidity:
I saw an ad on job section of nairaland, immediately I mailed my CV, after some days I got a feedback to come for an interview today.

I got there and from what I saw, the coy is much more better than the current coy I work for, and I guess their pay would have put a bigger grin on my face. So after waiting for some minute, I was called in and told to introduce myself, I introduced myself and I was asked series of questions which I answered correctly and the employers were impressed(I guess).

One skinny guy among them asked me how I got to know about the recruit. I told him I saw it on nairaland. He asked if I'm a nairalander or a guest, I told him I'm a confirm nairalander and a complete romancelandist. He asked for my moniker to see my post and comments.(Biggest mistake). #at first I wanted to give them moniker of the likes of "Tallesty, ronald4lyf, decker etc.
But I quickly thought what if they ask me to log in my username and password for them to see my profile to be sure its truly me. So I just bone face and let it out "STUPIDITY sir!!!"

Skinny guy: - "What"
Me - I said STUPIDITY sir"
They: *all cuts in* is that your moniker??
Me - yes sir.

That was it angry they were just laughing uncontrollably at what they saw with my nairaland moniker and forgot I was sitting there and waiting for them.

After wasting my time, the skinny guy told me to go, I asked him if I should expect a feedback from them, they all told me to forget about it that I am not a serious somebody. angry

I answered him "but sir, that moniker is only my online personality, my offline personality is the real me, he backfired me and said "my friend I said use that door, if by mistake you work here with us, you will eventually download your online personality to our coy and start "GONKING" our female workers".......angry
Seriously any girl dt will marry my brother will hv to tell me her moniker if she happens to b a Nairalander cos ur online personality is always the real you. kpele anyway

cc. Toks2008 cme and see oooo
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Boeing777pilot: 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
OP your imagination is very fertile I must admit.
However the time has come where most employers will demand to see your social media profile accounts.
That's the moral of the story.
He who has ears let him hear...

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by oshdam2015: 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
Vikky014:
Seriously any girl dt will marry my brother will hv to tell me her moniker if she happens to b a Nairalander cos ur online personality is always the real you. kpele anyway

See wickedness... So na ur sister deserve that strict scrutiny, shey you collect your husbank moniker before you agree to marry him?.
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Vikky014(f): 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
oshdam2015:

See wickedness... So na ur sister deserve that strict scrutiny, shey you collect your husbank moniker before you agree to marry him?.
i said brother
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Kazrem(m): 2:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
Between Kola and stupidity who lie pass?
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by mzvyne(f): 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
Like seriously?!
Why is this on FP?
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by marlockj: 3:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
stupidity:
I saw an ad on job section of nairaland, immediately I mailed my CV, after some days I got a feedback to come for an interview today.

I got there and from what I saw, the coy is much more better than the current coy I work for, and I guess their pay would have put a bigger grin on my face. So after waiting for some minute, I was called in and told to introduce myself, I introduced myself and I was asked series of questions which I answered correctly and the employers were impressed(I guess).

One skinny guy among them asked me how I got to know about the recruit. I told him I saw it on nairaland. He asked if I'm a nairalander or a guest, I told him I'm a confirm nairalander and a complete romancelandist. He asked for my moniker to see my post and comments.(Biggest mistake). #at first I wanted to give them moniker of the likes of "Tallesty, ronald4lyf, decker etc.
But I quickly thought what if they ask me to log in my username and password for them to see my profile to be sure its truly me. So I just bone face and let it out "STUPIDITY sir!!!"

Skinny guy: - "What"
Me - I said STUPIDITY sir"
They: *all cuts in* is that your moniker??
Me - yes sir.

That was it angry they were just laughing uncontrollably at what they saw with my nairaland moniker and forgot I was sitting there and waiting for them.

After wasting my time, the skinny guy told me to go, I asked him if I should expect a feedback from them, they all told me to forget about it that I am not a serious somebody. angry

I answered him "but sir, that moniker is only my online personality, my offline personality is the real me, he backfired me and said "my friend I said use that door, if by mistake you work here with us, you will eventually download your online personality to our coy and start "GONKING" our female workers".......angry

Lies

That is ur personal life that has nothing to do wit job.

That's a lie.

Why didn't dey ask to read ur whatspp?, bbm, fbk chat etc.

Rubbbbish
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Toks2008(m): 3:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
Vikky014:

cc. Toks2008 cme and see oooo

Lol

Ask me my user ID on nland and i will proudly tell you..i am as plain and clean as you can nver imagine.
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Vikky014(f): 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
Toks2008:

Lol

Ask me my user ID on nland and i will proudly tell you..i am as plain and clean as you can nver imagine.
LOL. dts cool
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Cutehector(m): 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
Chei, na him be say if na me, dem go pursue me comot from the office..
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Vikky014(f): 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

weedseller, o boy oo. this ur name na die cheesy cheesy .... no carry this one go interview go tell them na moniker because me i no dey o grin grin
lol
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by SirLegal(m): 3:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
OP can lie for AFRICA. grin
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by nigeriancuban: 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
VickyRotex:

So you believe him? cheesy grin
I pretend like I do smiley
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by VickyRotex(f): 3:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
nigeriancuban:
I pretend like I do smiley

Alright smiley
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by ojnnaco(m): 3:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
I don't know why I ended up enjoying this joke .. its well articulated

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Laredojohn(m): 3:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
Big lesson learnt , everyone should do same , your social media life can determine something about you , fb, twitter, nl , etc that's why I tell peeps you can't portray yourself negatively online and expect to be seen positively offline
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by ojnnaco(m): 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
I don't know why I ended up enjoying this joke .. its well articulated. Lol
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Raalsalghul: 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
Funny!
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by ojnnaco(m): 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
I don't know why I ended up enjoying this joke .. its well articulated. Lol
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Edigrows: 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
LOL, i learnt from this tho grin , what U do online stays online, ppl u don't know may be watching and ur online posts can't be too different from how u treat ppl offline (unless such person is a pretender)
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Exponental(m): 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
there are two sides to your story. both sides end with stupidity unfortunately.
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by trappatoni(m): 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
Dan42:
And you are still using the same moniker grin
my thoughts exactly. The guy never learn en lesson. I suggest a better moniker"nanamu"
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
I don't believe it. So unreal that it is like a joke. Why would the interviewers infringe into your private profile, guy you're indeed stupidd.
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hahaahahhahhaha... Just had a hearty laugh. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by oluwabishop: 4:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
No interviewer has any rights to pry into your private social media life and you reserve the exclusive rights to refuse the request without any consequences . There's a reason why you use monikers on sites such as this. Even the most prominent nairalanders won't give out their monikers even if it's Obama asking. I reckon you just made a joke, or if true, were really acting in "stupidity" as it were. Thanks for the tale.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Romanceland. by oshdam2015: 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
Vikky014:
i said brother
Oh.... Sorry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

People You Will Meet When Moving To "Face Me I Face You" / Hilarious Cartoon About Buhari And Agatu People(pic) / Just For Fun: English Vs Pidgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.