Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters (4710 Views)

5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters / A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker / 7 Major Reasons Why You Should Avoid Sending Your Resume To Recruiters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by bodeoni: 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
It’s a new year and most job seekers will want to intensify their job search efforts especially as we are in a time of mass retrenchment due to the current economic downturn. It’s mostly going to be a game of survival of the fittest the first few months of this year as it relates to job search.

One thing I have discovered about most job seekers is that they don’t know how to appraise themselves or monitor their progress. Most jobseekers keep applying for jobs without keeping track of the progress they have made and as such often get frustrated. I am going to show you one way you can be more productive in your job search

I am sure you know that the first step in getting a job is getting noticed. You might have the most desirable skill set in the world but it won’t mean anything if no one notices. As a job seeker, the best way to put yourself out there is by sending out your CV to prospective employers via email or job portals (Applicant Tracking Systems). You might have sent in several mails last year and not get a single feedback. I want to put it to you that one of the reasons for this is because the recruiter didn’t even look at the mail at all. The question(s) now is (are), is there a way you can be sure you getting the attention of the recruiter?
There is a way to track the mails you send to a recruiter, you can even check the number of times the mail was opened and from where. Discovered this wonderful application mid last year. It’s called Sidekick by Hubspot.

Sidekick by HubSpot is actually a CRM software that allows sales persons track their campaigns. This works for the job seeker too since he/she is also selling his abilities and should track his/her campaigns. The software shows you who opens your emails with instant notifications, it even tells you where they opened it from. Sidekick is a Chrome extension and works with Gmail, Outlook for Windows and Outlook.com. The downside of this is that it doesn’t seem to work with Yahoo. It is available as a web app, a chrome add-on and as an android application. Its free to use but with the limitation of 200 mails a month.

There are other email tracking applications out there that might work for yahoo, but if you are a Gmail or Outlook user, I suggest you add this to your 2016 job search tactics.

Cheers

cc: lalasticlala, davide470

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by drthiery(m): 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nice one OP........Front page for sure
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by Oluwapresley(m): 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hmmm... Nice one! Thumbs up, op
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by samdson: 8:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Interesting stuff
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by hisprinceship: 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
hmmmnn T
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by Donpoker9(m): 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by gideonjeta(m): 8:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
Op, tried accessing the sidekick application after downloading from app store but could not
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by jimharry21(m): 9:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
OK I will start side kicking everyone now.

1 Like

Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by Lanretoye(m): 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
This is a good one,nice info @OP
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by bodeoni: 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
You should configure it on a web browser first. Get the add-on for chrome broswer, Link your gmail with your side kick account. I haven't really tried out their app yet.
gideonjeta:
Op, tried accessing the sidekick application after downloading from app store but could not
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
In other words you are asking us to STALK our Prospective employers undecided
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by sleeknick: 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
Seen
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by VampireeM(f): 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
Wow! BodeOni the Genius! Always discovering and never disappointing cool
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by hardychris(m): 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
That's nice
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nairaland is really educative..I always regret not joining earlier than I did.. keep doing the good work guys!!
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
Steps to download it on BB pls
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by bodeoni: 12:10am On Jan 07, 2016
Lol, its not stalking. Stalking would be going to your prospective employer's house or kid's school.
DonUjay:
In other words you are asking us to STALK our Prospective employers undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by bodeoni: 12:11am On Jan 07, 2016
I doubt that the app is available on blackberry. You should get it as a addon for chrome browser on your Computer instead.
ambassadorgozie:
Steps to download it on BB pls
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by acemanager: 12:11am On Jan 07, 2016
Why this hasn't made front page, i do not know? Thanks OP.
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by sam4(m): 12:16am On Jan 07, 2016
osuede
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 07, 2016
Just passing by
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by wizzy89(m): 12:34am On Jan 07, 2016
gideonjeta:
Go to their website & create an account before using it on an android phone. www.getsidekick.com
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by siegfried99(m): 4:13am On Jan 07, 2016
Hmmm cool
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by Benjom(m): 4:53am On Jan 07, 2016
That's great
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 07, 2016
bodeoni:
I doubt that the app is available on blackberry. You should get it as a addon for chrome browser on your Computer instead.

Hello Sir! Could you please help with a review of my resume?
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by Aremu01(m): 7:08am On Jan 07, 2016
Nice one
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by dominique(f): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2016
I can't find it on playstore. Is it automatically available if you open your mails via Google chrome or you have to install it first?
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by blessedtwins: 8:21am On Jan 07, 2016
Very useful info
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by bodeoni: 9:01am On Jan 07, 2016
dominique:
I can't find it on playstore. Is it automatically available if you open your mails via Google chrome or you have to install it first?
It's on playstore. Search for sidekick. It's most likely going to be the first result on the list. You have to install the add on to chrome. You can get that from the chrome appstore. Once that is done, you can start to track your mails but not before you open an account with them.
You get the read notifications immediately as long as you are online on your PC, whether or not the browser is running.

1 Like

Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by Abirisegun(m): 9:44am On Jan 07, 2016
God bless(es) you for this(ese) information.lol
Just as you put it up there
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by olafum1(m): 10:03am On Jan 07, 2016
Ok
Re: How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters by wizzy89(m): 10:06am On Jan 07, 2016
The mobile app doesn't seem to work. Only the chrome extension does

(1) (2) (Reply)

See An N-power Applicant's Acceptance Letter / Bank Phb Collects C.v / Access Bank Is Recruiting Entry Level Graduates !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.