Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

"He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" (1650 Views)

My Fiancé’s Cousin Saw Me Naked.. He Started Calling Me Sweetheart / Man Marries Woman 7 Days After Meeting On Social Media (Photos) / He Proposed 5 Days After Meeting Her For The First Time And She Said Yes(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by Lustig(m): 7:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
29 year old Perpetual Ezenwa, has asked the customary
court in Igando Lagos State to dissolve her four months old marriage to Charles Ezenwa, claiming the man started
beating her less than 4 days after paying her dowry.
Perpetual said she married Charles after dating him for less than 2 months and now seeks divorce over what the she tagged domestic violence.

She said, "we married after courting for less than 2 months. Before I married him, I've started noticing his behaviors but when I told my father he said I should not leave him that he would change after our marriage.
"I believed he said that because they are from the same village in Imo and being the first daughter of my parents, they want me to marry on time. But, he kept becoming worse and I've decided to leave after 4 months of our marriage. 4 days after the payment of my dowry and our traditional marriage, he started beating me on flimsy excuses. He beats me with turning sticks in one of those days all because I received a text message from a friend and the message only reads "good day madam, how's your weekend ". This was what Charles saw that day and he nearly killed me. Come to think of it, this same man that was beating me is having an affairs with a fiancée of one of
our neighbors. He did was caught on one of those days
and I got to know about it. I told my father of all the happenstance but he would only say I should endure it. When I couldn't bear it again, I've moved to my parent's house and I've asked Charles to come and get his dowry back according to our tradition so that I can marry another man but, he has refused to collect it saying he would allow me to suffer because he knew I can't marry another man unless he collect the dowry and that I would grow old in my father's house."

She now wants the court to force him to collect back his
dowry. Charles was not in court to say his side of the story,
so the Court's president, Adegboyega Omilola who sat over the case sent a court order to him and the case was
adjourned till February 8, 2016.

www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/01/he-started-beating-me-4-days-after.html?m=1
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by BankoleCruise(m): 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
How much did he pay? Before i go talk

1 Like

Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by Seeeeeeee: 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
You met him less than 2 months before marriage, after 4 months of marriage you want divorce because he beats you. Sister you just scammed that man you dont love him, you put up a behaviour that will make him beat you so that you take that as an excuse... Bullshit!

1 Like

Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by Akkord4gov: 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nigerians have been prisoner of culture/tradition for so long. Imagine,if that monster doesn't collect the dowry back,the girl in question won't be able to marry another man.

God punish tradition. Am waiting for a tradition that will stop me from doing what I want

1 Like

Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by nnamdibig(m): 8:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
And you are still with him Can't the dowry be refunded?

1 Like

Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by Mologi(m): 8:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
Modernised mark tyson...shebi he don pay ur family

1 Like

Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by Tolexander: 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
BankoleCruise:
How much did he pay?
Before i go talk
no enormous the amount paid as bride price justifies maltreating one's wife sir!

Still wondering why we call the money paid by the groom dowry instead of bride price!
Na the bride dey pay dowry!

1 Like

Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by crismark(m): 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lmao....no vex o but anitime d guy tink of d huge amount wen ihm pay, ihm go Jst feel like 2 beat u.....
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by Akkord4gov: 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
nnamdibig:
And you are still with him
Can't the dowry be refunded?

Don't over rush for FTC, read the topic well.
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
Marriage is the new Prison and That Big beautiful diamond ring is the Eternal Handcuff....grin

He hit You with A stick and u couldn't hit Yours back? Or fling an Hot Iron/frying pan to his balls, head, kidney or something?undecided

Girls really need to step up their game!!! Mr n Mrs Smith's style!grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by donholy28(m): 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
u have offended him enough so tey he just day wait to first settle d gods b4 beating u
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
crismark:
Lmao....no vex o but anitime d guy tink of d huge amount wen ihm pay, ihm go Jst feel like 2 beat u.....

The only justification for assaulting a woman physically is when she physically assaults you.

If she doesn't hit you and you hit her then she'd be a _fool not to scald your protruding forehead with a hot, rusted electric boiling ring!
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
nawao
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by Lustig(m): 8:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

The only justification for assaulting a woman physically is when she physically assaults you.

If she doesn't hit you and you hit her then she'd be a _fool not to scald your protruding forehead with a hot, rusted electric boiling ring!
hot, rusted electric boiling ring? Omo u badt gan! True yarn though
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by AlienStar: 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
Your dad told u to endure, like he is the one the man is getting married to angry
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by Lustig(m): 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
AlienStar:
Your dad told u to endure, like he is the one the man is getting married to angry
The matter tire me here too o
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by misspicy(f): 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
If he doesn't come and collect his money why not go and give him abi

if mountain refuse to go and meet Mohammed,Mohammed will go and meet mountain naw cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by ricsman(m): 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
you saw it coming and still went for it. I do tell girls that complain of their guy beating them to quit the relationship otherwise beating continues in marriage.
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by AlienStar: 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
Dunno such thing still exists in this 21st century.
Lustig:

The matter tire me here too o
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by BankoleCruise(m): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
Tolexander:
no enormous the amount paid as bride price justifies maltreating one's wife sir!

Still wondering why we call the money paid by the groom dowry instead of bride price!
Na the bride dey pay dowry!
mr! Maybe that man na hungry man u don't know and hin don use all money pay bride price finish.
Nevertheless, an hungry man is an angry man
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by wristbangle: 9:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
You saw the writings on the wall but you still went ahead to marry him because of his buoyant financial status.

You have married him and so I will advice you to be diligent to make your money.

If it's becoming unbearable, kindly take a break pls
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by tafabaloo(m): 9:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
You didn't sense that before you guys got married? Or you were blinded by his gifts and sweet talks..
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by crismark(m): 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

True talk but all dese igbo men dey sell their daughters all in d name of bride price.....#bride price too cost#
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by Ginaz(f): 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Oh son of mark you are here, I miss you so so so so much embarassed where have you been? embarassed
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ginaz:

Oh son of mark you are here, I miss you so so so so much embarassed where have you been? embarassed
Here, there and a mention/message away.wink
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by davidsgal(f): 11:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
Estharfabian:
Marriage is the new Prison and That Big beautiful diamond ring is the Eternal Handcuff....grin

He hit You with A stick and u couldn't hit Yours back? Or fling an Hot Iron/frying pan to his balls, head, kidney or something?undecided

Girls really need to step up their game!!! Mr n Mrs Smith's style!grin

can't stop laughing
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by profroket: 12:53am On Jan 07, 2016
LOL
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by flokii: 9:02am On Jan 07, 2016
mayb ur dowry wrecked him...

just saying
Re: "He Started Beating Me 4 Days After Paying My Dowry" by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 07, 2016
davidsgal:
can't stop laughing
shocked?

(1) (Reply)

Ladys Come In And Make Your Choice / I'm Scared To Go Down On Her / When the Groom cannot Wait (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.